Review of IndianRoots

Tel: +1-855-436-0743
care@indianroots.com

pujaw
11/7/14

Part 1: I ordered a lehenga from these guys for my wedding on Oct 9. Delivery was supposed to be in 14 days per their email. I got no lehenga and no update. Wrote to them three times - no response. Finally get a mail from them saying we will send it in 2-3 days. Nothing happens - no lehenga. Have gone back and forth with them three more times and each time they say give us a couple of days and do nothing. It is now a month since that order was placed. I am not able to get the lehenga or my money back. Couple of weeks away from my wedding and I have no lehenga.

Part 2: Around the same time, my fiancee orders a jodhpuri jacket, a sherwani and some kurtas from these folks. The site says these items are Made to Order. The boutique refuses to customize and insists they will ship whatever size they have. So they ship some random size and send him a DTDC tracking number. When he checks where his parcel is it shows en route to Beawar in Rajasthan. (We live in Gurgaon.) He contacts them to ask them why it is going to Beawar and they tell him to "Kindly contact DTDC on 0124-4993560 on priority to check the feasibility of routing the shipment." So he tells them that he is not going to run after their delivery guys and they should sort it out. After much back and forth, during which time they try to (falsely) say that he called to change the size and address, the package is God knows where. They refuse to refund the money.

Moral of the story is, we have given these jerks quite a bit of money that we had put aside for our wedding shopping. We are faced with insolence and incompetence. We can't get our money back. And we don't have time left to get new stuff made. We even tried to tweet to their CEO when all other means of communication failed. As expected - no response. Thanks Indianroots.com for doing your best to RUIN my wedding!

UPDATE: Part 3: Dec 15: Over two months later: I have managed to get my money refunded. My fiance (now husband) is still running around in circles thanks to these cheats. On Dec 10 they wrote to him saying "Kindly share the updated address so that our courier partner can deliver your order number 100036726" We are MARRIED, you MORONS! The wedding is done. Over. Don't need your stupid, ill sized, lost clothes anymore. Give us our bloody money back. Bunch of jokers!

Tip for consumers: Did their best to ruin my wedding - beware!

Helpful answer -1

Namaskar Soumya! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We would like to inform you, that the VAT / Custom Duty / Local Taxes or Import Duties are borne directly by the customer at the time of delivery. These charges are non-governable and they differ in countries, as per the local rules & regulations of customs clearance authorities. We are not sending the products as gifts or samples and shipping the products completely through legal channels.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Mary! WE are sorry for the delay in the dispatch of your order. WE have escalated the issue to our concerned team, kindly allow us 3 business days to share the exact shipping date of your remaining products. Your patience is appreciated. Regards, Team Indianroots

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Kanthi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We have escalated the matter to the concerned manager, please allow us 24 hours to update you the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Sabitha, We sincerely regret for the delay in the dispatch of your order. We have escalated the matter to the concerned team, please allow us 2 business days to share the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Anees! We are sorry for the experience you had with us. Hope you have received a response on the review posted by you.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Ruchi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number so that it can be forwarded to the concerned manager for immediate action.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

I see you were totally ignored but the next person down got a pretty prompt response. Disgusting company

By Bee G.

Questions? Get answers from the IndianRoots staff and other customers.

2 Photos for IndianRoots