Review of inbox.com

Tel: +1-302-747-5901
yournickname@inbox.com

neild79
12/19/18

I was using 8GB plan & suddenly they force to change it to 1TB plan which is not at all worth for me looking at my mail frequency & data transfer.

I am surprised to see that manage account option is removed from inbox.com & once subscribed for paid email service, we can not cancel..

Even I am trying to send email request to terminate my account but no response since 1week.

gusm42
10/15/18

Excellent.I have had inbox.com for more than 5 years. Fast, secure.No problem.They are great. No problems at all.

jof71
9/14/18

Agree with the previous two reviewers. This company is a bit iffy. The service is vastly inferior to free services anyway, but like some others I paid to keep an email address I had used for a very long time (sInce the days when inbox.com was one of the best). It has been down since early yesterday for me (europe), and I still can't access the site. However according to this:

it has been back up for 7 hours. Perhaps some people can access? I'm not sure how these site checkers work. This site:

also claims inbox.com is back up having been down previously. So perhaps there is hope for those who have lost data.

There was a long outage a few years ago, after which all free email customers lost all their data, but paying customers had theirs restored. The free option was subsequently discontinued. So at least the company previously kept its promise to use redundant hardware for paid accounts.

Some vague hope. However I would not be surprised if this is the end of inbox.com. Any other punch-drunk inboxers out there with any thoughts?

JF

billm457
9/14/18

Inbox.com's phone number (as listed on this site) is not a working number. Neither is the phone number of Xacti Group, Inbox's parent. For me, the site went down yesterday before noon, and has remained inaccessible--and along with that, all information my account (yes, paid for) contains or contained.

Having read the following two articles, the second from April of this year, I've little hope that the inbox.com site will reappear.

From the look of things, Inbox and Xacti were part of an unraveling web, and may have been dissolved as part lengthy court cases.

joed359
9/13/18

I think inbox.com is cashing in on all the suckers, including me. Their site's down now, and I rather think it'll never return. They bought their island, and everybody who trusted them and paid good money (from $8.88/yr to $40.00/yr in one hit) is now screwed. They implemented the new charge Sept. 2017, and now it's one year later, and time to shut it down. Then the criminals get to keep all the data they stored for whatever nefarious purposes they have. I can't believe how dumb I was to use them for almost 10 years. What a shame. What a scam.

stephenj145
9/6/18

I used inbox when only $9/yr. Then last year it went to near $40. I didn't have time to find another site, so I bit the bullet. I then found gmail.com for free. I told them to cancel my account but they billed me $40 again with paypal. I've asked them to cancel my account and to get a refund several times. They keep refusing. Would not recommend this site to anyone, for any reason.

kathleent84
8/19/18

I have been with inbox for a long time. I am now retired and my social security doe not come on the same date every month. I need to know ahead to make sure the money is there. Every other bill that I have deducted online sends a message before the money is taken out. Last year, I got no message, and this year I got no message. ALSO, like last year, this year the money taken out was $40 instead of the $20 I agreed to last year. Yes, we went through this last year. And the year before. So, no, I'm not of the generation that wants everything free. I am of the generation that expects requests, and requirements, to be honored. I am the generation that sees no reason to pay for more than I need. Frankly, I can't think of ANY email service worth $40.... Definately not one that doesn't LISTEN. I have been trying to cancel this service for days.

nepha
6/12/18

Used to be good 3 years ago. But now they charge $35/yr USD. Only accept PayPal for subscription. Takes few days to activate your account which means no email access till PayPal releases funds. They have no payment gateway of their own.
Very dissatisfied and disappointed

josephineb16
10/31/17

I have had inbox.com for over 6 years now. They are great. No problems at all. To all the whiners, just pay or go somewhere else. This generation of people want everything for free. But good things cost money. Good service.

andrzejw2
10/24/17

I have used inbox.com for 10 years or so. Initially it was free with ads attached to emails. About a year ago they decided to discontinue free service - which is bad enough for a personal account. They charged $8/year for basic account. Acceptable, but I would prefer to persuaded in other ways than brute force to pay for the account (increased level of security, regular backups etc.). The truth is the web app hasn't changed for the last 10 years, so the service, functionally, looked really outdated. But then, this year, a business genius at inbox.com decided that $8 is not enough, and they raise it, well, more than ... 600% ($60/year). Nothing in between. Which totally ruined their credibility - if you trust them - you will have to pay $200 next year. Why not?

micheleb80
10/5/17

A year ago Inbox became a paid service, but it was only 8.88, which I paid. About a month later they "cancelled" the 8.88 but did not refund nor did they close the account. Apparently they changed it to premium service at no extra charge. When I renewed at the end of the year, I noticed a 14.95 charge but I thought it was for a year, which still seemed reasonable. But it was for only 3 months, which means $60 a year with a terabyte of storage, which I don't need. It says there is a $40 option but there was no way to downgrade. So I'm closing at the end of my 3 months. I opened a ticket complaining of their deception and after a month, they have not replied. I have an encrypted email account at half of that fee. Read the fine print and realize you are paying a ridiculous amount of money for email.

hoytd6
10/3/17

I have been an Inbox customer for many years, using it for my genealogy research. Last year they started charging $8.88, which I was not happy about, but I understood. Now I get a renewal notice for $40! I am just sick because I can not see paying $40, not knowing what it will increase to next year. So now I will lose my information as I can not figure out how to transfer my emails. I am livid at how they treat customers and we have no choice.

robs136
10/3/17

My partner, my parents and myself have been with Inbox for several years. During that time we've had a fairly reliable service, although there have been occasions where it's been inaccessible, some emails have gone AWOL and we've always received a lot of spam. But changing your email is address is a real pain, isn't it? So we stayed with them. And then last year Inbox started charging for the service, but it was only £8 or so, so we stayed with them. BUT it's just increased to £40. Jesus! There's no way we were going to pay that for each account, so we've gone through the hell of informing banks etc of our new emails - we've gone to Gmail, which we should have done a long time ago. I'd strongly advise you to stay well away from Inbox.com.

jm412
9/30/17

Now they want us to pay 50$ for a year plan.
Before it was 8.88.
how can they raise that much?
now i have to move to another email provider...

kairent
9/22/17

This company is a money sucking leach i was
on a free account for 8 years now they want blood then it became 8 dollars a year now 50 dollars a year.

iraz5
5/19/17

HI,

id like to know why Inbox.com blocked my email account whilst I was sleeping overnight (apparent violation of rules?) and now refuses to respond to my requests to unblock my account? Inbox.com has taken the further step to block my IMAP server so I am unable to set up a new email account that uses IMAP. I have been a customer for more than ten years, and this is the way I have been treated? I even offered to pay when it was stated that inbox was no longer going to be free? This is disgraceful behaviour and inbox.com should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves! I am a 47 year old social worker from Australia and not a 19 year old hacker from Vladyvostock!

johnp451
10/31/16

My email account has been deleted, tons of personal data GONE

eddiep26
8/27/16

When I would ask for help, somehow my problem could never be duplicated. I don't know if I ever got a real answer for solving any problem. And now I will lose my free email September 30. How do I save my emails? I'm never told anything useful. I'm just grateful certain email services I use have successfully saved my thousands of emails, because "help" from inbox.com won't get it done.

In looking at the various free email services I have used, I suppose inbox.com has caused me fewer problems than most, but none of the services are perfect. However, one use I had for inbox.com was to save large amounts of information for myself over a period of one or two hours. I seem to recall drafts being saved automatically, but at some point that stopped, and for me this was a real problem as some of the information I was saving caused problems and would lead to the site just freezing. If what I had done had not been saved manually, it was gone. I eventually realized plain text could solve that and another problem where I couldn't merely eliminate the blank lines between paragraphs in news stories, which saves money if I want to print.

Also, this is a BIG problem. If I avoided going to a new window for something, coming back to inbox.com meant getting the inbox back, NOT the specific email I was looking at, or worse, working on. Which meant I had to figure out how to find it again, or if it was large amounts of information, finding all that information again. And if Internet Explorer shut down for any reason, this also happened. On my own computer, this could be a problem. I got sick and tired of being advised to avoid Internet Explorer, because it would be too difficult for me to change browsers on my own computer trust me.

Have I said anything to justify their charging for the service? There are thousands of emails. I didn't use that much storage, and what they want to charge me for is far more than what I need. I could have deleted stuff as I went, mostly from the sent folder, but I didn't get around to it. A lot of this stuff is important and I've been copying when it's too much to read. But they tell me I have to use Outlook 6 or something (don't know how or what I'd have to do) on my own system (new computer which is already having software issues and can't back up anything, and despite it being under warranty, said warranty won't cover this type of problem, and who knows what it would cost to fix, so I don't dare put it there). I already knew and took advantage of something called an email collector. There were other email services I was actually afraid of losing. So I saved my emails just in case. The first one went as far as 2012, leaving me four years worth of emails to go (though the second one later saved everything from the present back to the same day in 2012). I asked for help and when someone finally understood my problem, they said contact inbox.com because there might be rules for how that works. inbox.com replied don't move emails to another account. Why? Will that keep you from getting your money? Why can't you help me? Or is it that you don't know how? They repeatedly tell me to use Outlook 6 and my own system. Are these the people you want to deal with and pay for the service?

debraa21
4/14/16

FIVE STARS
I have this, Googlemail, Yahoomail, among my many email accounts; after many years of using them all for different purposes, I have found INBOX to be the most consistant, not changing formats on me. In the 9 years I've had their FREE service, not a single problem.

rons81
3/1/16

I took a temporary free subscription to Inbox only to learn a year later of a $108.50 renewal charge. There is no unsubscribe option anywhere to be found. I contacted Inbox by email to challenge this charge and to unsubscribe me and was asked for my name, credit card information and charge information. After supplying the requested information, I was informed that they could not confirm the charge. I asked for the supervisor and was told that she was the highest authority and that if I had a problem it should be challenged through my credit card bank. I also was informed that she would not unsubscribe me regardless of my repeated instruction to do so.

So, if you want to engage an unscrupulous and dishonest app service, please do so with my blessing. Just don't say you were not warned.

zekec1
1/22/16

Obviously they do not care about those who have email accounts with them. 2 months now I have been trying to reach them about my locked account. They do not even answer the phone number anymore, you just get a recording stating they will call you back. Don't wait by the phone for that return call either, it won't come. Very unprofessional for a company by any reasonable standards. We have moved to Hotmail now. Hopefully, they will prove to be more professional. And, for Inbox.com ... time to scrutinize those who run your company. Customer service is important to any business. In that regard - at this point, you fail miserably !

ans320
1/13/16

MY Inbox email was hacked and they changed the password.I am unable to get into my account regardless of trying the security questions.
My Paypal was also hacked due to them finding my info in my Inbox email.
I sent them a "ticket" for help 1 week ago and still have not heard back from Inbox.
There is zero customer service-avoid like the plaque!
Inbox is a fine email service when everything is going ok but if something goes wrong like your privacy being hacked you wont receive any help from Inbox.com.

leonarde5
1/7/16

I have been unable to get into my email for almost 4 days...I have submitted 4 support tickets and not received a single reply.

annoymousa
10/12/14

I DO NOT TRUST Inbox.com for e-mail. I opened an account in May but did not use it for a couple of months. When I went to use it in late September, I could not log on. I had made a print screen of the password when I opened the account. I made several log-in attempts and could not recover the account with the security question/answer. Either the account was hacked or they deleted the account. It's a good thing I did not have personal e-mails; otherwise, I would not recover them.

nathanw4
11/28/11

Never had a problem with it. It is not the run of the mill email provider.

I have had inbox for about 10 years and loved it. Charging for email is BS.....most companies DO NOT CHARGE for email accounts. I recommend switching. I have switched to GMX and am happy with them also.

By Diane S.

Answer to question A, there are no other options. Answer to question B, they will undoubtedly delete your account. And if you have a premium account like I do you will probably get a notice from PayPal that inbox.com has notified them that they are discontinuing my inbox.com premium account without explanation. My premium account with inbox.com is paid up to eighth of September 2017. I have yet to receive an explanation from inbox.com. I did save to my hard drive the receipt I received from inbox.com from 8 September 2016, I also saved my profile page from inbox.com to my hard drive showing that my account is valid until 8 September 2017 along with the notation on the profile page the account has been discontinued. Consider yourself fortunate that you have not spent any money for an e-mail account with inbox.com. Should I not get an explanation from inbox.com I will be filing a complaint with the FTC and provide them the documents I have saved. Should this happen I would like to be a fly on the wall when the gentleman wearing the three-piece JCPenney suits show up demanding answers.

By Nick U.

Questions? Get answers from the inbox.com staff and other customers.

inbox.com?