ifurniture

ifurniture has a consumer rating of 2.59 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ifurniture also ranks 124th among Furniture sites. The most common issues with ifurniture are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• The same thing may costs $9K even more in Harvey Norman and with cheaper deliver charge.

• very disappointed with the customer service and staff in the warehouse.
How would you rate ifurniture?

“Stylish furniture , Huge Showroom, Surprising Price”

Wei W.
2/22/19

They have some eye-catching collections at good price and many smart design gadgets. There is NO intrusive sales trying to make you spend more. Great shopping experience.

“Useless!!!”

Karen M.
2/6/20

Picked up items at warehouse this Monday and asked them several times if that's everything and they confirmed! Found out, legs are missing on my tv unit informed them on the same day. They said they're gonna send it via courier. I called Tuesday to follow up, they assured me I'm going to receive it bh Wednesday cause it's overnight delivery. It's now Friday, still I have received none. Called them, they asked for more time. Seriously???!!! Not to mention, the instruction manual is crap!!! Different labels on the parts that's why it's so hard to install the bunk bed! Really ridiculous! And don't ask about customer service. There's none!! Not helpful! Not replying to emails!

customer service (8) harvey norman (3)
karenm1618
February 6th, 2020

ad386
June 2nd, 2020
Worse customer service even experience, went to the Onehunga branch, staff run a way from doing their job. Waited more than 10 minutes to be served, no customers except me. All busy, disgusting
keithh411
June 25th, 2020
Old guy there on the main desk dresses like a drifter and behaves like he has no clue what is going on. I wanted to buy a table which was standing in front of me... simple enough, shouldn't take more than 10 min to ring the till surely. He managed to dither around complaining about a lost text... I suggested he check his drafts. Then he spent another 5min trying to check the stock... he could have loaded the table in front of him into my car by now... Then he gets interrupted by a new customer who he shows around the shop only to not find what he was looking for. The other customer apologies for jumping the queue... something the sales guy had no concept of. I ask for a number to call him back when he's not so busy... his reply, no I don't have a number... calls get lost... FFS! 15min later I just left. Seriously when a customer walks in to buy something you can't dither around losing a sale. That's how companies go bust which I'm sure they'll discover soon enough.
melissam773
November 19th, 2019
Purchased, went to warehouse to pick up they couldn't get to it, had to returned next day a long drive. Instructions just a few photos, not helpful at all. Allum key not long enough short had to go buy an extension for drill. Poor quality timber split in 2 places, back to shops to get wood glue. Missing a small fixture, 1 month later, several called and emails with photos and still cant get the right size fixture. They will not let me speak to manager. Worst furniture purchase ever! Don't buy from ifurniture.
tinab315
June 6th, 2019
We were delivered a flawed piece of furniture.
ifurniture has written and verbal promises that if anything is wrong, just let them know and even if you simply change your mind, goods can be returned.
ifurniture told us no replacement was available and offered a 10% refund. Did we have a choice?
The next day their newspaper advertising showed the same product advertised for sale.
We believe they could have even ordered a replacement piece from the supplier if they wanted to. I believe this is contemptuous service showing disregard for customers
joseb172
September 4th, 2019
No instructions for the furniture and you cant return them. The screws doesnt fit. impossible to assemble. Poor customer service
jimmyy8
June 4th, 2018
We bought quite a bit of furniture for our new home. The service provided by Achard was fantastic. Even when we chose to exchange one chair the follow-up and exchange were dealt with efficiently. Appreciate your effort Achard!
supb
July 29th, 2019
two screwholes just wouldnt work, and it is very wonky, took super long to assemble because instructions are very vague and screws dont fit in properly, some screwholes required extra cutting which was very annoying. Dude who worked there said that it would be easy for kids to assemble, which is very misleading. $#*! this place bro
weiw15
February 22nd, 2019
suev17
January 28th, 2018
This company does not check products before freighting them. Had they done so they would have discovered the Luban bar stools I bought where of very poor quality with one of the four unusable with a split right through the wood. They all have very rough finishing on the wooden seats and paint chipped off the frames. This will continue to chip off as they are used.
It took many emails to finally be refunded a miserly $100 off the total cost including freight.
The delay in unpacking the stools due to the delay in my new kitchen being being completed seemed to provide ifurniture with an excuse. I now have four bar stools that are snagging clothes and skin and flakes of paint on the floor!
No doubt ifurniture will respond with the usual rubbish.
Buyer beware.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy sight unseen

mukm1
March 17th, 2019
I went to store with my daughter. We choose one cupboard. Which was damage. I sow them my interest to by that, then one CSR said it is sold. I asked there is nothing mentioned like other product with tag SOLD. I requested to see manager n like to talk. Went to manager (Asian guy) asked there is no tag on it like item sold then he got angry on me. He was saying we are person who deside to put sticker or not. Due to his agrasive behaviour I deside to not to buy anything from this store. Very bad experience.
liamm60
October 25th, 2018
Bought sofa from them ,day before delivery they tell us they are out of stock!! They offer us $150 for floor model not good enough and terrible customer service all very arrogant would never recommend this place to anyone not even worth 1 star!
wendym268
February 10th, 2019
First time buying furniture from the Onehunga Ifurniture store, just love it...the prices, the service, the quality, even the delivery guy was excellent...just love this store, I will be back there again...my one stop furniture store :)
josied21
March 26th, 2019
I would rate this company negative 10 if it was possible. All we can say is 'Beware- you get what you pay for'. If you want cheap- iFurniture is indeed the company for you. If you want time wasting, aggravation, incompetent staff and given misleading information, then you've come to the right place.

We paid $4600 worth of dining table & 6 chairs, 2 couches, coffee table and tv cabinet on 22 Dec 2018 and asked for these to be delivered on 14 Jan 2019. They said there might be some delay due to Xmas/NY period. We understood this and asked them to update us as we had no furniture at all. But come 14 Jan, no call. So we called Chch store and were told the furniture hadn't arrived. No apologies. After pushing for timeframe they gave us use of what they had, which were their showroom display dining table, 2 couches & the coffee table. We were promised our order would arrive in 2 weeks. That time came and still no call. Went to the store and spoke again to staff complained as we had no chairs to use while having dinner. We were loaned 4 chairs. The delivery guy had the cheek to tell us to make sure we kept their chairs new. I said 'No. We'll use it and return it as is- used- as they were display'. Then discovered it was covered in bird poo! When finally the first lot of furniture arrived, one of the couch's 2 legs were missing. We told them about this. They wouldn't believe us at first. Then had to wait another week for the legs to arrive from Auckland! After lots of toing and froing and complaining - finally all our furniture arrived early March 2019. This company doesn't know anything about customer service. We strongly recommend you avoid iFurniture. The cost doesn't justify the aggravation.

Tip for consumers: Please see above.

mohameda110
November 2nd, 2017
I went to ifurnature to buy one or maximum two items I saw on the web site but it ended up buying happily 6 items. The main driver was an excellent sales person there, Amit. He was very smart listening carefully to our needs and patiently showing us all the available options for our needs even more advising us on the best fit from all different options he showed us we are confused or cant take decision.
For sure, when I need additional furniture I will go to ifurnature again looking for Amit support.
Thanks Amit and thanks Ifurniture for their products.
juliae22
August 27th, 2017
I've just spent many hours over 2 days with the team at the Onehunga showroom. The whole team in fact from warehouse to delivery have been so friendly and helpful. Hugh and Jack were very patient and even offered suggestions for matching pieces as well as helping me make better choices! Best of all, my items are very good quality and my house looks lovely. Thank you, Julia
alexl163
November 18th, 2017
We ordered a couch from ifurniture, and organized to have it delivered to our house for a $90 fee. After stating that it needed to be brought upstairs, I was charged an extra $30 fee to have a second person there to assist with lifting it. I requested that someone call me when on the way to my house, as Id have to leave Work to meet them there and let them in. I received a call AFTER they arrived, and when I said that Id send someone else over to let them in they tried to leave my property with my couch stating theyd be back later. Eventually someone got there in time, they unloaded the couch leaving it in our driveway. We told the two men wed paid extra to have it carted upstairs. They were incredibly rude, arguing that this service wasnt paid for, argued they couldnt get it in the door, and spent 20 minutes on the phone to their supervisors before anything was done. They said theyd leave it in the garage and come back later that day, we said it needed to be done now while they were here - why else did we pay $30 for it to be carted upstairs? Clearly they always have two people on the trucks regardless! The worst part was when they eventually moved the couch inside, they left some huge black scraps and dents all up the brand new hallway of our new house which are not able to be removed! I have emailed them multiple times sending them photos of the damage, Ive tried ringing their head office a few times only to be told I need to speak to someone who isnt currently available and they will call me back very soon, and 2 months later I have still had zero response. I will not ever be using ifurniture again and highly recommend no one else does either!
mariec74
July 8th, 2016
After spending nearly $1500 on furniture I paid $65 to have it delivered a few streets away, then I paid $60 to have one of the items assembled ( I did the other two) then I paid another $30 for them to take the cardboard away. Just be aware of the extra costs when you buy.
lukeh49
December 17th, 2016
very disappointed with the customer service and staff in the warehouse. returned a coffee table today after paying and collecting it yesterday. got the item home yesterday to find the glass shelf missing and one of the components damaged. called the shop twice yesterday unable to provide customer service over the phone and requested an email. sent an email immediately bit did not receive a response until this morning after I had returned to the store. went to the warehouse this morning, extremely unorganised, rubbish everywhere, staff not wearing any safety clothing. I am a fire engineer, and if the warehouse was inspected it would be closed down with all the safety violations. it took the warehouse staff over 45 minutes to find my item, then had to explain to them that one of the components was missing. the box clearly stated 1 of 2 but the warehouse staff member was unable to understand that. finally got my item and have just made it up to find scuffs and marks all over the coffee table. I have wasted 3 hours in the last two days trying to sort this issue. Ifurniture do not seem to care about customer service.
anshis1
February 2nd, 2019
Bought a 100% genuine leather sofa set from their waitangi sale, only cost us 2500 dollar, which is incrediable. The sofa are so lovely! Even can not move my eyes from it now.This is a fantasitic shopping experience.
ankitg7
September 3rd, 2016
HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICES. They do not worry about customer services AT ALL. Its just about selling cheap flat packed furniture. I went to their Onehunga store today with my wife and 3 year old son. My son was playing and making a little noise like every other kid of that age. One of the staff member (an old man) shusssshhhh'''''''ddd my 3 year old in an extremely rude way which really shocked my wife and me and my little one got really scared and started to cry. I mean who does that to the customers????? Thats ridiculous. The staff crossed ways with us after that as well but did not have the manners to apologise. A friend of mine also complained of the same behaviour by the same old guy few months ago.
If you go to their Onehunga showroom ever, check out how rude this old guy is.
juseffk
October 22nd, 2015
I definite not to recommend. Not happy when it comes to delivery. Its really hassle. Next time better to buy at Harvey Norman or any furniture store locally.
melindat35
December 30th, 2018
I received very good service from Jet today. Boxing Day extended sales and in spite of being busy, he is very cheerful helpful and polite serving me and other customers checking stock from computer, even walking from one end of store to the other end to show us the particular piece we are looking for.
daisyr18
September 4th, 2017
We bought quite a bit of furniture for our new home we built. The service provided by Jet was fantastic. Even when we chose to return items the follow up and refund was dealt with efficiently. Good work Jet
jennifert110
October 2nd, 2016
Visited ifurniture in Thursday late night, purchased around $5k for my new property and the furniture delivered today. Now everything opened, assembled and sitting on the new sofa. Very happy with the purchase and service. The same thing may costs $9K even more in Harvey Norman and with cheaper deliver charge.
I do not agree with some of the comments bellow. If you are a generous Kiwi like to be dealt easily, naturally, but not be skillfully followed, guided and squeezed, ifurniture is the best place.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ifurniture staff and other customers.

NZ's best online offline hybrid shop where the smart kiwis buy furniture to save big. Buy online receive at home or come directly to our retail store

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ifurniture?

Have a question about ifurniture?