Review of iFixit

pro@ifixit.com
2018 Customer choice award

thomasf77
8/4/16

I just ordered the parts I needed and I have to say that the process was very simple compared to some internet sites.

Upon receipt of order I will review shipping and handling but I am confident it will surpass my expectations.

jessea26
7/30/16

I have never had issues. My replacement screen and power button came quicker then they estimated. Also when my home key button broke after my warranty they still replaced it and have guaranteed a continued customer!

adamh78
7/27/16

Bought a replacement digitizer that had residue on the glass. This was not noticeable until it was installed against the black screen. The process involves peeling the protective screen layer and immediately placing the screen back on the iPad essentially sticking it in place. Unfortunately if there is an issue with dirt, residue etc from the manufacturer its too late unless you take the entire iPad apart again (1-2 hour process). Contacted support to have them fix the iPad as they had sold me a defective part. Their solution was to take the iPad apart and send back the screen for a full refund or nominal dollar refund. This is a joke, they should clearly provide a full refund for a defective part or repair it a their cost. I have no recourse but future customers should be aware of their lack of support for the quality of what is being sold. They clearly need to do a better job at customer support with quality control.

clintl15
7/26/16

Well designed web site. Found my IPOD parts and have been doing a process of elimination, getting one part and then another. Enjoying the troubleshooting and repair. Thanks for the support community and the PARTS the specialized tools are very good to have too.

jamess438
7/22/16

Organized and Professional Site with tools, parts, and a wealth of information making it easy to accomplish tasks. Definitely earns a permanent slot in my Bookmarks

budo9
7/20/16

iFixit was great. They had a video on how to repair my MacBook Pro and a quick link to parts at a reasonable price to complete the repair. I received the parts on time and repaired the computer with my son; the computer works great now!

jeffm140
7/17/16

The product was a higher quality than expected. I received it sooner than expected, and everything they said, they did! This is the one and only review I have ever felt compelled to submit after well over 100 online purchases.
If you folks at ifixit.com read this I just want to say thank you. Jeff Miller

wallacem25
7/16/16

Love this site! You can find step-by-step guides to fix many of the popular electronic products. Originally named macfixit.com, they have expanded to cover a variety of manufacturers.
You get the guides to repair/replace the products as well as a source for the parts. Delivery is quick. I have used this site many times to repair/replace parts for myself as well as friends and family.

alik53
7/8/16

I ordered "iPhone 4s replacement battery -fix kit." The package arrived without any tools! There was only a battery in the package! I ordered online and the ad appeared on google! The ad contains a package showing all the tools needed! Also the title of the product says "fix kit". I called ifixit, they said my order was wrong. I searched the same product and I saw the same ad. I was told to make another order and return the battery. When I asked about the shipping costs, they told me I should pay again.
- They charged $16.95 for the battery, I am not going to order another KIT.
- They use false advertising/misleading and I am submitting my complaint to federal trade commission!

jeand43
7/5/16

Thank for having the replacement battery in stock!
Identifying my MacBookPro was really easy with the step by step guide.
Your web site was easy to navigate and find the parts and suggesting which tools I need.
Great work!

petritn
6/29/16

I wanted a new battery for my mid 2012 Macbook pro because he was at around 70% of its original capacity but i wasn't sure which battery would suit my Notebook.

Ifixit.com has a step-by-step guide to identify your Macbook pro exactly and without any doubt. The shipping was almost 1/3 of the order but i guess shipping to Europe isn't that cheap.
To sum up, great website, great service and reasonable prices! I recommend it for every person that wants to repair its goods before he/she buys a new replacement.

Tip for consumers: Use the guide to identify your exact Macbook pro to avoid unfit products.

loelk
6/28/16

Finding instructions and then finding the materials I need to fix my iphone were easy to find. Checking our process was smooth.

andrews212
6/28/16

On with my day. This review is taking longer.

paulh209
6/28/16

my go to place to get parts and tools for all my computer repairs

williamh177
6/26/16

Cracked the glass on my iPad 4. Ifixit not only has the best repair guides on the web, but also had the replacement part (including required tools for removing broken part). My only problem with the website is shipping charges were high in my opinion (added 25% for the cheapest option).

jaysong5
6/15/16

I have used this site many times to fix all kinds of things, from the battery on my iPhone to the drifting thumb-stick on my Xbox controller. They almost always have what I need in stock and ready to ship, but when they don't, at least I know what it is that I need. From the tools to do the job, all the way down to the replacements parts and spare screws, this site has almost everything. I love it and I tell everyone about it.

johnh541
6/10/16

Simple and easy to use site. Thought my repair needs would be so difficult. This was a snap

johnh540
6/9/16

I found the parts and the repair guide to make my own repair. No one else had my parts and the prices were reasonable. The parts have a one year warranty also.

hannal4
6/2/16

Many students such as myself are forced into school projects working for iFixit to make guides to fix electronics. We are sent specific products and told to make guides for things like replacing the motherboard or screen.

The thing is, for most of the devices we don't actually test to see if the product works after we "fix it". For the item I was forced to do, I didn't even have the cord to plug in the electronic after replacing the motherboard. For all I know the device doesn't even turn on now. Of course that guide is now on the site, as are many other like it.

ll518
4/12/16

had an ASUS laptop checked knowing that the motherboard might already have been damaged because of symptoms. got a reply back confirming the problem and when I asked if they could fix it, the techie said that they don't have a second hand motherboard nor can he find a brand new one.
just googled for the same motherboard and found heaps in the internet.
useless mob!!!

matthewr45
2/15/16

Do not expect iFixit to take FULL responsibility if they mess up an order. I ordered a SSD and they sent me an optical drive instead. They were perfectly helpful with getting me a replacement part, but when I ordered the original part I specifically ordered 2-day shipping. By the time I received the actual part it many many days later. I requested a partial refund for the extra shipping, since I did not receive the part in the time that I paid for. They declined to refund me. In the future I will try to buy parts from a company whose policies are actually respectful of their customers.

joelb49
2/8/16

Ordered a battery from them, and I live in Canada and was not notified properly that I would be paying upwards of 90$ for international shipping plus duties and import taxes until the shipper called me that I would have to pay them these fees before I would get the product.... This is very shady and they will not refund the product without me shipping it back which will cost another 80$ (Total more than the cost of the battery.

If they had been shown the overall cost clearly this would have never happened, I would have bought it from a Canadian supplier.

jons112
1/7/16

iFixit sent me a damaged product. When I tried to return it. They completely ignored me. It's been a week of me calling and emailing without any response. STAY AWAY.

waynec12
5/5/15

I repair a lot of cell phones and laptops. The only site I use for tutorials is ifixit.com. They have thousands of guides. You can but parts or tools also. All around the best repair site for any electronic.

jays270
1/28/14

I ordered an iPhone 4S Revelation kit for $24. First thing they try to do is scam you for the shipping. My order would have amounted to $34 had I not had a coupon. They promised my package would be here in 30 days. I live a two day drive from their HQ in California, why should it take that long? It has been 36 and still nothing. They sent out a replacement package which I will most likely not see. Bottom line I am so sorry I fell into the trap of believing their fancy reviews on YouTube. This is not a reputable company. I'm glad it was only a $25 lesson and not more.

10 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?