ID.me

ID.me has a consumer rating of 1.1 stars from 463 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about ID.me most frequently mention phone number, customer service and video call problems. ID.me ranks 103rd among Payment Processing sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 1.6%

No positive highlights yet

• My unemployment has been suspended as a direct result of ID.ME not fixing my phone number verification.
  • This is the worst outfit that you will ever have to deal with, absolutely no customer service.
How would you rate ID.me?

“Had a change of heart about ID.ME”

christina c.
12/5/20

I gave this company a really bad review a few days ago that i must retract. Once you are able to make contact with a person at the company everything goes very smooth. The people there a very nice and know what they are doing. The "trusted referee" operators or the system suck. Maybe they both are inept. But if you email *******@id.me or *******@id.me you will get the help you need quickly. Be sure and include a phone number for them to contact you

“Junk app”

Tammy C.
1/29/21

If you have a choice unlike myself, DO NOT USE THIS APP! There's never a human to speak with Email responses are of no help. I spend hours trying to get verified only to close my laptop crying. There's no consideration that someone may be in desperate need to get verified. I'm stuck with no $ and not able to get back home. Make matters worse, I tested pos 3 days ago for covid. Here I sit again on round 2 of a waiting game. Total wait time 2 months.

phone number (47) customer service (38) unemployment benefits (18)
tammyc490
January 29th, 2021

Take a a antidepressant

lilab27
December 12th, 2020

I'm using Idme for unemployment of Texas So far its been a pain in the ass. No phone # to contact customer service, Five hour wait time to chat on line with a trustee referees simply to verify who I am. I already uploaded my iD l, my health insurance card and my SSC but as you can see this is a joke of a website! It's absolutely frustrating and makes me wonder how much money they got pay? They are doing such a poor job

dawnr380
March 31st, 2021

I have been waiting for over 20 hours and nobody has gotten on the video chat as of yet. I have sent 5 emails no response. This is awful I have been trying for 6 days to get verified and still nobody has helped me. This is for my Unemployment for Texas i depend on it to support my 2 autistic children. They need more people or a vetter system ir they should not accept business they can't handle. The wait time still says over 5 hours im beyond mad. I would never ever use this company. If i could give no stars i would.

Tip for consumers:
Call whoever sent you here and tell them how awful it is.

Products used:
I was sent here to verify my Identity by Texas unemployment. It is the worst experience of my life after 20 hours im still waiting.

christinac646
December 5th, 2020

jies5
May 5th, 2021

Never respond to emails. I waited 8 hours to get to a video call with someone and she asks me to send email to support. I did the last few weeks, no response no response no response! Only automatic emails no live person to resolve issues! I've been hold up here too long unable to complete my UI application. Someone please do something about this company! I will write to White House! No service! But it hold up people's files!

Tip for consumers:
No response, no reponse, no response!!! It's been over 1 month! No intention to help or service!!!

ID verification

carolr1188
July 28th, 2021

This is the most confusing frustrating demeaning website I have ever been on. It took me 26 hours to get this whole thing completely done. Try not to get frustrated roll yourself a big fat joint. Take a Valium have a drink do something to relax yourself and then do it.
Because you will need patience big time. Nevada unemployment should done in the beginning why are they doing this in the end.
All I can say is good luck and I feel so sorry for anyone that it's just starting this websites fiasco...

Good luck

chings6
March 1st, 2021

My review for I'd.me is, 1st of all, not user friendly, after they lure you to upload all your picture ids and your selfie, they stop responding or letting you know what's going on! I feel betrayed, and worry that what they gonna do with my profile and personal informations. At 1time I tried to sign back in, they said my email address and password were incorrect which is not so! Not a trustworthy site!

markd1229
February 12th, 2020

I ran across this service on the California DMV website. There was very little information about what it was but they made it look very official like it was required DMV business. It's nothing more than a marketing company trying to sell you something. Somehow they negotiated a spot on the DMV website to place their ad, because that's all it is. Sneaky and deceitful. I will not do business with someone who has to slink around in the bushes to attract customers. Don't fall for this scam.

jpk8
April 22nd, 2020

For a business dedicated to our front line workers its pretty sad they do not value their clientele. You can forget about any customer service. I have submitted multiple request for assistance and have received nothing but cookie cutter responses. Then when I try to respond for additional assistance they close out the inquiry so you have to keep going through the same process with no assistance.

irab74
March 25th, 2021

My request to ID.me is simple. Unlock my account and change my e-mail address. After two weeks, nothing. Every 3 to 4 days I get an e-mail update from ID.me telling me they apologize for not responding that they will contact me soon. Unfortunately, soon never comes. It's sad that this company who is suppose to support the military is more concerned about getting new business to join than to take care of the military members attempting to use their services which currently for me, no service.

davidh4873
December 11th, 2020

Everytime I logon to ID.me to get a "referee" to verify my identity for state services here in Texas, I'm put on perpetual hold. Wait time NEVER drops below 3 hours. This service is deplorable, and I'd give them negative stars if I could. The State of Texas should cancel it until they adequately staff themselves to handle the load.

csl6
April 16th, 2021

If you can get verified another way then avoid ID.me like the plague. Their software absolutely does not work to verify and they do not care to fix it. People's livelihoods depend on getting verified like millions of Americans filing for unemployment. It's a frustrating shameful nightmare where the media needs to get involved to reveal how ID.me manipulates people. Report them to your government officials to hire another company.

Run as fast as you can!

None

bl459
January 26th, 2021

The online portion of the identify verification was easy enough, but if you have any potential anomalies in your file (change of address, frozen credit report, etc...), then you have to talk to a video agent. The wait is over FIVE hours, and usually if you try to wait, after 2-3 hours, the site hangs on you and you have to start over. This is the worst system ever designed, and when it's people's unemployment money at stake, it's even more atrocious.

delilahf6
December 7th, 2020

Same problems as everybody else. I've been trying to get my identity verified for 3 days for unemployment purposes. I leave my computer open for hours but my wait time never drops below 3 hours. Either this system is a fraud, or they need to hire 100x the number of "referees" they have right now. The government services we depend on should not be contracting with ID.me until they fix their issues!

rhettb16
January 13th, 2021

Site has several issues, none of which have any reliable workaround. It gets hung up on phone numbers, it can't handle any kind of curveball (foreign passport, maiden name), and the wait time for "referee" is basically eternity (nobody can confirm ever actually talking to one). Horrible customer service and basic troubleshooting. Really stupid and incompetent app beginning to end. Only an idiot who likes to burn their money would find this garbage company.

Tip for consumers:
Be prepared to go back to the agency and find an alternative because this service doesn’t work fo squat.

Online verification account.

laurens470
April 18th, 2020

I've been trying to get my RN license verified for 3 weeks. Their verification system doesn't recognize letters, however in colorado, letters are part of our license number. They give me every reason under the sun that has nothing to do with why it can't be verified. A simple manual verification on their end would solve the issue. It's almost maddening. You want to help nurses but your actions speak louder than your words. Thanks for nothing ID.me

maryam4
February 4th, 2020

They work with many major hotels to offer a student discount so people take the time and frustration to submit paperwork. I submitted my social security #, student records, official emails from the school, screenshots of my current classes showing my full name and address, etc. This took 4 FOUR hours and did not work, they did not accept it. Super frustrating and no real person to connect with. I HATE this company!

johnb843
October 7th, 2020

I submitted a very simple form to create an account, and it's been wedged at this error (see image) for hours. So far a totally worthless web site.

tylerd167
December 9th, 2020

I am a single father who is going to be homeless with my child this Christmas because of ID me. I've provided my driver's license and state issued health insurance card and current utility bills and a selfie but that wasn't good enough and I lost my unemployment and I owe it to ID Me

dennyb43
March 18th, 2021

The facial recognition doesn't work, you waste hours, then it kicks you out, and doesn't allow you to restart it and blocks you from verifying. It's a simple app to take photo. But why is it needed? I use all types of apps all day that actually work. This seems to be designed not to work to deny people their hard earned benefits like unemployment insurance. This is a scam and EDD should verify your identity themselves not waste tax payer dollars on broken 3rd person app. I dont feel comfortable giving information to a private company that is so incompetent they can't have an take a picture.

Tip for consumers:
I don't know anything yet.

Nothing

lauram2112
July 5th, 2021

As a veteran needing to get into my account I have spent the last 3months trying to contact someone for help with NO help at all. They are a scam! Do not use them they do not have customer service number only email and they just say we will contact u but don't! Horrible when they hold they key to ur lively hood in their hands and have all ur info. If I don't get a responding phone call soon I will be talking to the press No one needs to use them for any reason at all!

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use id.me horrible!!!!!

Veteran log in

zacheryd5
September 3rd, 2021

Absolute worst ID. Verification site on the planet! I feel unsafe submitting this absurd amount of information to get verified. I mean if the hackers didn't have all my information already, I'm 100% positive they have it now. At one point I thought they were going to request a picture of my dog, or for a mole on my ass to be sent in for DNA verification. I mean good lord am I applying for the secret service!

pauls2992
May 20th, 2021

All I want to do is change my military status to retired - no way to do this with the website. I have been trying to contact them since April 2021 and all I get is a weekly email saying that "they apologize for the delay in getting back to me ". I think they must have gone out of business, there is no phone number to call. Terrible people, then again it's probably all machines.

malika52
March 23rd, 2021

They have the absolute WORST verification process from a submission perspective. Their member support service must be minimal AT best. Submitted a request for support over 10 days prior have only elicited an email every 5 days stating: We apologize that it is taking us longer than expected to get to your ticket. Your issue is very important to us and we are working diligently to get caught up and respond in a more timely manner. A Member Support Representative will be reaching out as soon as possible with assistance.

Still, 13 days later, I have yet to reach a representative.

anons11
January 13th, 2021

Do not use this service, the system is run by fascists. They try to force people without their consent to facial scanning by tricking them into taking selfies, etc. Refuse to connect via video chat and after waiting 14 hours, yes, 14 hours they hung up on us. This company is a fraud. Do not use this service!

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this service. It will expose you to identify theft.

ID Verification

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! AT ALL... good luck with ever getting an answer or anyone to come online because they won't it's a company that should not be allowed to exist but it's America go figure

By Lauraetta G.
See more answers (9)

Scam worst website ever should never use ever... doesn't work at all

By dustin C.
See more answers (9)

Not gonna happen they'll send the same messages over and over until you either say the hell with it because that's the purpose of the id.me get your information then get your funds and continuously give you the run around

See more answers (2)

You can ask me that yourself ID.ME if you ever find it in your heart to call me to resolve this issue. Wow I am also not dumb and know this response came from you. Geez

By Lisa H.
See more answers (2)

Can you present your question more clearly so that maybe I can help you?

By Rachel B.

You can get on there but if you looking for verification just find the highest building and jump. Your better off than them helping you trust me

By $#*! Y.

My guess is that they just don't care, they get paid weather they help anyone or not ain't government contracts great

By Lisa H.

The site is fake I'm sorry we have to report it they just hold our funds basically to wait us out

By $#*! Y.

I believe that's all it is. Its a scam in my eyes, I'm thinking about taking legal action.

By Jennifer C.

YES. They can be, it's the safest format that records and displays of someone has tried to alter your submission.

By Karen K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ID.me staff and other customers.

willd85
Will D.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ID.me?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

1.1
Have a question about ID.me?