ID.me

ID.me has a consumer rating of 1.09 stars from 150 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about ID.me most frequently mention customer service, phone number and social security problems. ID.me ranks 88th among Payment Processing sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 10 days

No positive highlights yet

• No reliable customer service and the website is hard to navigate.
  • There is absolutely no customer service available, No phone number, just canned email responses and no communication.
How would you rate ID.me?

“Had a change of heart about ID.ME”

christina c.
12/5/20

I gave this company a really bad review a few days ago that i must retract. Once you are able to make contact with a person at the company everything goes very smooth. The people there a very nice and know what they are doing. The "trusted referee" operators or the system suck. Maybe they both are inept. But if you email *******@id.me or *******@id.me you will get the help you need quickly. Be sure and include a phone number for them to contact you

“5 days waiting idme”

Lila B.
12/12/20

I'm using Idme for unemployment of Texas So far its been a pain in the ass. No phone # to contact customer service, Five hour wait time to chat on line with a trustee referees simply to verify who I am. I already uploaded my iD l, my health insurance card and my SSC but as you can see this is a joke of a website! It's absolutely frustrating and makes me wonder how much money they got pay? They are doing such a poor job

customer service (5) phone number (0)
lilab27
December 12th, 2020
markd1229
February 12th, 2020
I ran across this service on the California DMV website. There was very little information about what it was but they made it look very official like it was required DMV business. It's nothing more than a marketing company trying to sell you something. Somehow they negotiated a spot on the DMV website to place their ad, because that's all it is. Sneaky and deceitful. I will not do business with someone who has to slink around in the bushes to attract customers. Don't fall for this scam.
jpk8
April 22nd, 2020
For a business dedicated to our front line workers its pretty sad they do not value their clientele. You can forget about any customer service. I have submitted multiple request for assistance and have received nothing but cookie cutter responses. Then when I try to respond for additional assistance they close out the inquiry so you have to keep going through the same process with no assistance.
davidh4873
December 11th, 2020
Everytime I logon to ID.me to get a "referee" to verify my identity for state services here in Texas, I'm put on perpetual hold. Wait time NEVER drops below 3 hours. This service is deplorable, and I'd give them negative stars if I could. The State of Texas should cancel it until they adequately staff themselves to handle the load.
delilahf6
December 7th, 2020
Same problems as everybody else. I've been trying to get my identity verified for 3 days for unemployment purposes. I leave my computer open for hours but my wait time never drops below 3 hours. Either this system is a fraud, or they need to hire 100x the number of "referees" they have right now. The government services we depend on should not be contracting with ID.me until they fix their issues!
rhettb16
January 13th, 2021
Site has several issues, none of which have any reliable workaround. It gets hung up on phone numbers, it can't handle any kind of curveball (foreign passport, maiden name), and the wait time for "referee" is basically eternity (nobody can confirm ever actually talking to one). Horrible customer service and basic troubleshooting. Really stupid and incompetent app beginning to end. Only an idiot who likes to burn their money would find this garbage company.

Tip for consumers:
Be prepared to go back to the agency and find an alternative because this service doesn’t work fo squat.

Online verification account.

laurens470
April 18th, 2020
I've been trying to get my RN license verified for 3 weeks. Their verification system doesn't recognize letters, however in colorado, letters are part of our license number. They give me every reason under the sun that has nothing to do with why it can't be verified. A simple manual verification on their end would solve the issue. It's almost maddening. You want to help nurses but your actions speak louder than your words. Thanks for nothing ID.me
maryam4
February 4th, 2020
They work with many major hotels to offer a student discount so people take the time and frustration to submit paperwork. I submitted my social security #, student records, official emails from the school, screenshots of my current classes showing my full name and address, etc. This took 4 FOUR hours and did not work, they did not accept it. Super frustrating and no real person to connect with. I HATE this company!
johnb843
October 7th, 2020
I submitted a very simple form to create an account, and it's been wedged at this error (see image) for hours. So far a totally worthless web site.
tylerd167
December 9th, 2020
I am a single father who is going to be homeless with my child this Christmas because of ID me. I've provided my driver's license and state issued health insurance card and current utility bills and a selfie but that wasn't good enough and I lost my unemployment and I owe it to ID Me
anons11
January 13th, 2021
Do not use this service, the system is run by fascists. They try to force people without their consent to facial scanning by tricking them into taking selfies, etc. Refuse to connect via video chat and after waiting 14 hours, yes, 14 hours they hung up on us. This company is a fraud. Do not use this service!

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this service. It will expose you to identify theft.

ID Verification

leonardf77
December 27th, 2020
EDD California is using ID.me now. I filled out all the forms, my docs got verified, but the final verification did not happen. Every piece of info about me is correct, but I did not get verified. The message from ID.me is we will get back to you. No indication of when! How do I apply for unemployment insurance now I have no idea. How long it all will take?-I have no idea. The State of Ca acts stupidly again!
elviar10
January 7th, 2021
Started my ID.me verification on 11/30/2020. Hold=3 to 5 hours waste of time. Over 10 emails with apologies and excuses but no solution to my verification. Today 01/07/2021 waste 30 more minutes and back to square one. Trusted Referee still in in vacations because never show up for over 5 times and still waiting for him. If I had the power to out of business/close this ID.me company before I finish my review it would be gone. Good Luck America with this shameful ID.me worthless company.
rachelb443
April 28th, 2020
ID.me is a joke and a total waste of time. They'll "block" or disable your account claiming you entered the "wrong" password but they'll route you back to page where you can log on and then email you and tell you they fixed it. (This happened to me twice, two weeks apart.) Their customer service SUCKS. Good luck doing anything through them. Don't fall for their B. S. it's a joke.
christinac646
December 5th, 2020
timw467
June 26th, 2020
The idea of an online verification service is a very good one, and timely. Sadly, the general concept is the only good thing ID.me has going for it. Their "verification" process is, well, broken. It cannot and will not verify your identification no matter what documentation you provide. Trust me, I tried more than once with the formal documentation my employer provided. Nope, sorry. And inquiry to customer service? Another black hole.

Again, a great idea that simply doesn't work. A sad wonder this startup ever got funding.
robinb633
December 11th, 2020
Been trying for 10 days to get a video call with a trusted referee. Over and over I get a 5 hour wait. The time only seems to INCREASE. People have lives and things to do. Not spend 10 days staring at a phone. Im almost homeless and starving because my unemployment has stopped. They now have all my personal information. Will be hiring a lawyer and reporting to BBB. No customer service at all! Unprofessional time consuming life altering crap!
jerryp346
December 4th, 2020
Was required to register@ id.me for my unemployment. The site said it was basically super easy. After 2 days and countless hours of getting nowhere, I ended up so frustrated I sent nasty emails and tried deleting everything I'd submitted. Of course, it takes them 1 full week to delete my account, so my unemployment's going to be at least 1 week late. This whole website and company sucks!
michaelm6172
January 11th, 2021
This is quite fishy the company admits that 3 parties have access to your ID and they force you to have facial recognition. My question is why the CA government certainly does not do this for voting, welfare, or other social programs.
So we have to submit to the Orwellian company whose system is deeply flawed why?
Now it gets good I tried to set this up but can't no matter what I do I cannot set up the facial recognition portion it would be OK with me if we could just skip it unfortunately that will never happen.

Tip for consumers:
Avoid if at al possible they say right in their security statement that it is not secure and is used by third parties and they disavow any responsibility for damages by the third parties they supply with (sell) your data.
Just for your information I used to work for a data security firm and this is not it.

forced by the California EDD to use ID.me facial recognition program

roya130
January 5th, 2021
The California government is using ID.me supposedly to reduce unemployment fraud. But it seems the biggest fraud is actually being perpetuated by ID.me! If you have to have a "teleconference" to "verify" your identity prepare to wait almost a day to get one! When you first log on, it says your wait time is 2 hours and 6 minutes. Over an hour later, your wait time will jump to over 3 hours! What a scam! I wonder who in the EDD department is getting kickbacks from this scam company!

Call the EDD directly. It is faster

Their ID verificationservice

mariand54
December 9th, 2020
I've been on there site for a solid 3 days and nights and still have not been able to get in. It says my wait time is over 5 hours, then it goes down to 1 hour 12 minutes then goes back to 5 hours when my WiFi shuts off. No wonder so many can't get there unemployment. This is nuts! The don't have the staff for the contracts they take on. Don't use them.
heathers1068
December 8th, 2020
I was required to verify with ID.me to continue getting unemployment, spent way too long on their website uploading multiple different photos of my ID and each time it says they couldn't read it. Got an email from them next day saying they'd fixed the issue, but I still had to re-do the whole form and re-upload the pictures. This morning I get a call from a Private Number *claiming* to be ID.me needing to verify details! Refused to give any information since there was no way of knowing who this person actually was, but it's very concerning that I get a call like that right after verifying through ID.me. Are they giving out my number? The only reason I'm rating 2 stars is that the site *did* verify and allow me to continue with my unemployment.
caseys198
December 8th, 2020
Horrible horrible horrible. They have one job. Verify identities. Yet they can't read ID cards, they can't verify phone numbers, customer service does nothing to resolve anything, and their live video option has a wait time of 3+ hours but keeps hanging up on you. Another example of private contractor lining their pockets with money at the expense of the vulnerable.
kamorem
December 9th, 2020
I've been on hold waiting for a representative for over two days now! If everybody is basically working from home how in the world is it taking so long to verify someone's identity all these people put here that need jobs money etc... and y'all playing get a better system cause this is terrible worst idea y'all ever came up with!
sarahp860
December 6th, 2020
I have been trying to get though to a trusted referee for 3 weeks - the queue is not first come first serve, they kick you out or leave you waiting for HOURS. I have uploaded my documents dozens of times. This is a scam. The system is completely flawed, they should be flagged for fraud. Customer service is a waste of time. The entire ID.me system is train wreck. Figures the government uses this for identity verification.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! AT ALL... good luck with ever getting an answer or anyone to come online because they won't it's a company that should not be allowed to exist but it's America go figure

By Lauraetta G.
See more answers (6)

Scam worst website ever should never use ever... doesn't work at all

By dustin C.
See more answers (6)

YES. They can be, it's the safest format that records and displays of someone has tried to alter your submission.

By Karen K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ID.me staff and other customers.

willd85
Will D.
Typically responds within 10 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ID.me?

Have a question about ID.me?