Review of AVAST Software

Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
Tel: +420 274 005 777

lindat168
1/23/19

I signed up to the free Trial and when the Avast software was installed, it slowed down my PC. I eventually decided to uninstall it and my PC went back to normal. 7 days before the renewal date for the 1 year contract, I emailed I wished to cancel the auto renewal and I duly received an email confirming my request and showing the date the free trial period ended. However they took the payment without further communication, I then emailed and they are very good at delaying tactics. Their last email said they would consider a refund if they received an official letter from my bank confirming they were not dealing with this dispute! They are well aware that will never happen from a bank these days.

shureno
12/1/18

As the title suggest, it is the best "free" virus software out there that you can own for absolutely nothing. And yeah it is completely free, no hidden charges or anything suspicious like that. I like honest transparent companies & it would be nice if everyone operated like this.

I have since then become a premium subscriber & have renewed my license 3 times now. It's just that good. Ofc I've added on some extra features such as their VPN service which is great & works the way it's supposed to. No problems with it at all, & I find the uses for it are vast, so the price is justified. If you like privacy when on the WWW then you should consider this, but then again I also switch between this & OpenVPN, both are great for what they do.

Out of all the virus softwares out there, & believe me there are many, I feel Avast out does it's competition. Plenty of times where I've been directed to infected pages that with other programs I would've been Fk'd. & the repair to fix those problems I'd rather not fork the bill for. So I want to personally thank this company for that. It is very easy to use infact you don't really have to do anything literally, as it just does on it's own. So you can browse with ease & peace of mind knowing that your every click is covered by a robust virus killer.

I use to think the license cost was quite high, especially when you start adding on other features like a VPN & such, it can go into the hundreds literally, but I've since changed my mind. I feel that a company who tirelessly goes to work everyday to protect it user's by continually updating their software to counter present & future threats is worth supporting. You protect me I will in-turn protect you through financial means.

valeriag6
5/1/18

se que no hacen las aplicaciones para que sean gratis, pero esta dentro de lo sencillo de lo que ofrece cumple con su cometido. lo que molesta en grado sumo son esos carteles que salen diciendo que la computadora esta por explotar y solo se salva si compras este o aquel paquete. eso es depresivo. estrategia de marketing desastrosa y repetida por años

billh77
4/8/18

I paid for Avast's premium antivirus and total protection package. It stopped working on my computer. They tried to tell me my computer was the problem, which is bull$#*!, I've never had problems with any other systems. They then took $80 out of my bank account, which I never agreed to, for extra tech support (and they didn't fix the problem!) Avast is great, until you actually need them for something.

teeh
1/9/18
• Updated review

You used to be able to buy a package, and it covered everything, and now they separate everything, and then charge you for each thing, so it no longer is cost effective unless you have multiple computers. Last straw, you used to get phone version for free when you paid for everything else, and now I have to pay $6 a year (yes, I know that is minor, but by next year, they wil charge $20 a year, for sure. I have been with this company since their early days on the net, when it was free for residential customers, but are now to big for their britches, and charge far to much, and are always finding new ways of nickel and diming you. I am sad to have to put forth this update. I wrote to them that it was getting out of control, but unlike the old AVAST, they had no time to write me back. So sad to see. No way to bundle packages to save money anymore, either. I will have to start looking at different companies after 20 years with this one company. You just know there is one fat cat making a buttload of money while I now go more broke every year.

Tip for consumers: Once you buy this, it is hard to remove from your computer, so if you buy, expect to keep until you change to a new system. just my opinion, but I have seen other opinions here say they had issues removing it. Backup your system first, and be prepared to buy a new computer or hard drive, possibly.

“Was a user of the FREE version for 5 years, then had...”
1/9/18
• Previous review

Was a user of the FREE full version for 5 years (used to be free for all residential users for the full version!), then had to upgrade to reasonably priced full version. Have had the program stop me dead before a Trojan Horse tried to open. Not had a successful virus get through in the 6 years of paid use (or the 5 of unpaid). IMHO, MUCH better than all of the retail ones I have ever tried. I used this as a free backup when I had free McAfee the 1st 2 yrs that came with my computer, Avast caught so many things that McAfee missed. The free version was comprehensive, at one point, you only paid if you were a business. I had the and free version for years, until they notified that they would not cover everything they had in the past, and gave a date. The paid version was super inexpensive the first couple of years, but is still today cheaper than all of the other systems out there, and so much better as far as I am concerned, yet it STILL stays cheaper than others & STILL is the best system out there as far as I am concerned. I run the tests by the other sites every so often, and they all SAY they have found something (of course), but with research, find that these are errors on my computer (caused by me, or registry errors that are not "urgent" . AVAST has added various services over the years, and I have tried them n and off (alo of them) over time, and they ARE good, but they do make the service expensive if you buy all of the extras. I do wish they had an all inclusive price and would stop trying to sell me stuff that is not included, that is my only bad comment, and that is minor. The free mobile phone version is well worth downloading!! I will keep Avast for the foreseeable future! I remember all of the issues I have had with the mayor brands that either come free with my computer, or have a free 'trial'. Avast wins hands down! Is easy to use, too.

Tip for consumers: Have been a user for over 10 years now. Kicks butt compared to McAfee, and all of the "free for one year" services that come with computers. If you have one of these free for a year (or 2) ones, I suggest that you download the free version of the Avast software as well to see what it catches that the preinstalled software does not, that was the proof I needed to never go back!

chetans7
7/26/17

i am very disappoint, this software was delete my important files. so i delete it from my computers.

julier51
2/21/16

Had 3pc's covered with AVAST and when I got a pop up to renew assumed it was to cover same - 3pc's. But when the order came through it was only for 1pc. Contacted Customer Service and gave them all the info, asked them if they could cancel the renewal for 1pc and I could then purchase for 3pc. Takes a long time for them to respond... they then didn't answer my question and asked me for information I had already given them. Next email from them told me I had renewed through Digital River but if my receipt showed paid to Nexway I had renewed through them (Avast) - which I had, they then said if this was the case to supply details I had already given them TWICE so they could sort it out. 3 days later and nothing from them and my PC's are now unprotected. I'm going elsewhere and won't use them again.

glenno8
2/8/16

The FREE version of Avast works great! The paid version is even easier to use. Whichever one you choose, you can't loose. The FREE version is only available to home users. Businesses need to purchase the product.

In ten years of use, I have yet to get a single virus on my computer! That's great protection.

stevef75
12/28/15

Never got the Cleanup software I paid for since it was sent to the wrong email address! Plus the customer service (???) rep hung up on me. Hope they go bust!!

billg45
12/15/15

A great security suite that prevent's various malware from bogging down your pc.

billym34
11/9/15

The program isn't a virus but it acts like one and uses all your CPU, disk, ram and doesn't know what a virus is it called roblox steam and chrome a virus. If you have it installed and you want to uninstall it I suggest you don't because it broke and corrupted my hard-drive so i bought a new ssd.

Tip for consumers: try a antivirus that's not real-time it slows down your computer alot just scan the file when you download it

almah11
7/19/15

the best anti virus i've used so far.

jeannien1
7/8/15

after canceling over a year ago due to two viruses, and poor tech support, they have twice now removed (unauthorized) payment from my paypal.

ultimasoulnix
6/8/15

it detects most computer threats and it does its job well

israelk11
4/29/15

Be very careful when you buy Avast products, do not agree on automatic renewal. They have a strict policy. I got charged on my Credit Card for the renewal. I no longer own the computer where I installed Avast products and they refuse to credit the charge.

avasta
4/26/15

Say yourself money and don't give them a cent

dirkf12
8/6/14

Avast is malware. It may remove other malware on your computer but Avast itself is also malware. It sends your personal data out to remote servers even when privacy settings are selected. It is popular because it is free. It is free because obtaining your data is profitable to them. If you install this software with a default installation, every website you visit is streamed to Avast. Along with data from the content of the file scan of your computer. If you install this software and choose not to send out your data in the preferences, it stills sends your data out. This is how they operate.

jamesl84
4/21/14

Best antivirus for like a decade.

thomasc52
2/28/14

Excellent anti-virus program! Not a big name like Mcafee or Norton, but does a hell of a lot better job than both combine! Plus it doesn't eat your CPU.

josha17
12/13/13

Yet again another great anti virus software! Avast rocks!!

jacks53
4/27/13

well, all the brew-ha-ha a bout viruses and malware has become a moot point. Viruses and malware will out, if you know what i mean. every company with an ace in the game wants to make their point. as far and long as i can see, this discussion is never-ending and moot. we're all captive to these now, corporate gamers in the greater scheme of things.

jordana10
3/20/13

it's the best antivirus on the web and it's available for free. I use it for a couple of years and have no complaints. Pc works fast and antivirus keeps blocking viruses. I think I will go for paid subscription

jerryn11
3/11/13

I have used Avast for many years now. I have had Norton preinstalled on computers I bought and it didn't take long for me to figure out that Avast was much better and to dump Norton. Although I use the paid version, I used the free version before and never had any problems with it. Since I recommend avast to family and friends many of them are using it and none of them have had any problem.

yevl
1/25/13

I downloaded the trial version and have been fully satisfied with it. Works better than others AVG included. Would definitely recommend.

kemals
1/3/13

Good anti-virus to use

If you paid by PayPal they might be able to help.

By Jeannie N.

Questions? Get answers from the AVAST Software staff and other customers.

AVAST Software?