Ic3.gov

Ic3.gov has a consumer rating of 1.92 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Ic3.gov also ranks 34th among Consumer Protection sites.

No positive highlights yet

• It's just submitting a form that in theory a law enforcement agency might look at.
How would you rate Ic3.gov?

“Miss use of incoming phone calls not related to our phone line.”

Sue B.
5/7/19

We average between 23-25 fraudulent calls, per day. Sometimes the same caller calls more than once. There are medical, Insurance, educational, banking, Auto repair... Foreign employees that you cannot understand that keep calling. These people behind the calls do not know "Please delete" our phone number we tell them, and they keep calling. We have family & friends that we need to talk to. Thank-you for any help you can give us.

“Rating is a negative, insulting, not worth...”

Camille D.
10/28/19

This review, but they are taking up a lot of space and a lot of time. Entity IC3 being before the FBI and NCMEC on the IC3 website; IC3 needs to be more respectful, reliable, and trustworthy. Why is a complaint I submit a "complaint referral"?

law enforcement (3)
elleryw
January 30th, 2015
The name says it, IC3 is one of the best sources to report cyber/internet crimes. In this new day & age, consumers need to be protected from dangerous Ponzi schemes, scammers and identity thieves. This agency is a division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, so you can feel confident about IC3.

Tip for consumers: Report any crime you feel is an act of cyber terrorism or scam.

pratikg2
March 25th, 2017
I had also sent money from Western Union as same case. And I want to get my money back, I had also contact him in facebook
bettys17
October 29th, 2014
Monday, Oct 27 2014 someone called me, I couldn't understand her, so a man got on the phone, he wasn' any easier to understand. They spoke like Vietmese. My caller ID showed it was Dave Steffenson # *******050. ( I thought it was a friend from Bloomington MN calling. This guy said I had to pay $399.00 for a license on my computer, and if I didn't I would be committing CyberCrime. I told him I never heard of such a thhing and that I wouldn't pay any money. He kept me on the phone for over an hour and I don't know that much about a computer, but I knew I wasn't going to pay any money. I told him I had to get off the phone because I had a Co. Meeting I had to attend. I finally just hung up on him, which I should've done to begin with.
I did go to the Blaine Police Tues. AM and he told me it was a scam.
The caller was very convincing and no doubt he was able to get some other people to pay the sum he requested. How very terrible!
keythr
February 23rd, 2011
This is the USA equivalent of the UK national Action Fraud organization. If you are based in the USA and have been scammed online contact these guys (http://www.ic3.gov) after contacting your bank and credit card company. Chase the scammers down good luck!

The site explains how to file a complaint, preserve evidence and gives advice on future protection.

Their own explanation of ic3 follows:

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints and to further research, develop, and refer the criminal complaints to federal, state, local, or international law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies for any investigation they deem to be appropriate. The IC3 was intended, and continues to emphasize, serving the broader law enforcement community to include federal, as well as state, local, and international agencies, which are combating Internet crime and, in many cases, participating in Cyber Crime Task Forces.
Since its inception, the IC3 has received complaints crossing the spectrum of cyber crime matters, to include online fraud in its many forms including Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) matters, Computer Intrusions (hacking), Economic Espionage (Theft of Trade Secrets), Online Extortion, International Money Laundering, Identity Theft, and a growing list of Internet facilitated crimes. Since June 2000, it has become increasingly evident that, regardless of the label placed on a cyber crime matter, the potential for it to overlap with another referred matter is substantial. Therefore, the IC3, formerly known as the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (Internet Fraud Complaint Center), was renamed in October 2003 to better reflect the broad character of such matters having an Internet, or cyber, nexus referred to the IC3, and to minimize the need for one to distinguish "Internet Fraud" from other potentially overlapping cyber crimes.
IC3 Mission Statement
IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local, and international level, IC3 provides a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crimes.
Significant and supplemental to partnering with law enforcement and regulatory agencies, it will remain a priority objective of the IC3 to establish effective alliances with industry. Such alliances will enable the IC3 to leverage both intelligence and subject matter expert resources, pivotal in identifying and in crafting an aggressive, proactive approach to combating cyber crime.

In the UK, for similar support, contact http://www.actionfraud.org.uk

Were you able to get the number? I spent hours filling out the form but it won't file - telling me the Captcha questions needs to be answered but I answered all the questions.

By Lillian A.

I filed a IC3 complaint over my older son and I can't find it so it can be reported to the US attorney I have family who did fraud, not myself.

By Michelle G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Ic3.gov staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ic3.gov?

Have a question about Ic3.gov?