Review of Ic3.gov

Ic3.gov reviews

sueb266
5/7/19

We average between 23-25 fraudulent calls, per day. Sometimes the same caller calls more than once. There are medical, Insurance, educational, banking, Auto repair.....
Foreign employees that you cannot understand that keep calling.
These people behind the calls do not know "Please delete" our phone number we tell them, and they keep calling. We have family & friends that we need to talk to.
Thank-you for any help you can give us.

mariac471
12/12/18

Ic3.gov is useless , and sad . This should raise a red flag to getting this site working . There is a glitch with the site . They direct you to use Ic3.gov and they have no idea what's their directing people to. I was sent to file a complaint here and there's a glitch with their site,
People try this : https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx
Hope this helps

brycen4
12/2/18

If filling about a form about a scam makes you feel better, go for it.

There's no clear path for any sort of followup. It's just submitting a form that in theory a law enforcement agency might look at. I found the local law enforcement won't investigate Internet scams at all, they just send you to ic3.gov. Pointless.

melanier98
10/23/18

I have spent hours in the last two days trying to file a complaint and there is a glitch in their own system. No wonder all these scammers are getting away with things. Beware bernedoodlespets.com SCAM

mitchelll19
10/11/18

USE FIREFOX, NOT Safari:
Using Safari 12.0 I was able to fill out the online form--tried TWICE (I was being extorted/blackmailed) but could not submit it. I turned off all my ad blockers and VPN...still could not submit. Called the FBI Sacramento (Roseville, CA.) office-- got no usable suggestions (1)come in waste 2 hrs there and back, (2) call Public Access Line 800.225.5324.

Instead I changed to FIREFOX...and that browser allowed me to file the IC3.gov report. I do not expect a reply...nor that anything is done as I was asked only for 3000usd and I did NOT pay it. But I kept the emails should FBI need them.

manum13
7/14/18

I filed complaint that my credit card information has been hacked and they gave me Complaint Id: I1005102306327312 but now I cannot even track my own id.

Tip for consumers: Poor quality service. Better not to have.

herbertm40
5/11/18

Not only is IC3 useless. Now, with the new 2018 tax law changes, I can't even get any tax losses in my tax returns! Something is wrong here.

jw204
5/10/18

I guess the complaint forms just go into a virtual trash can. No one ever got back to me for any sort of update. I don't expect them to fly to Hong Kong and knock on every door. But an email about the status would help. Thanks for nothing "state and/or federal agencies..." Our tax dollars at work.

jeannep14
11/9/17

Its useless and scammers are having a field day. I lost everything and heard nothing from IC3 after filing TWICE

danc126
11/3/17

I am a victim of credit card fraud committed in Calf, I live in Kansas. Neither jurisdictions will accept a complaint. Crime not committed where I live nor do I live where the crime was committed. So I thought I would file a complaint with Ic3.gov because the criminals appear to have a Russian like and my ba part of a much larger fraud ring. HOWEVER it is hard to file a complaint when the website is not working! The date of the crime field will not let you enter a date. Without a date the complaint cannot be submitted. Extremely poor

jeanineh5
8/1/17

Very frustrating that after providing elaborate information, go to submit and message says email address not in correct format. Yes, it is, and info is being sent from a hard wired computer, not Iphone, tablet, etc.
Ther eisd NO # for tech support either. Anyone else have this problem?

desw3
6/28/17

Okay, I just wasted time writing to these people, thought I was being helped out but what ive seen so far in the reviews makes me lose hope for the resolve of my complaint.

Still, I thank everyone for their reviews...
Have a nice day ic3

elan51
6/13/17

I submitted to IC3 in January 3 complaints about a Nigerian scam with American citizens as mules, and I haven't got for any of them a file number and not any answer. FBI should investigate these cases and catch the criminals. If they don't do this, it means USA is supporting international crime.

kimberlyt37
6/3/17

THIS IS A COMPLAINT! Pure and simple. For the send time this year, my husband was told he was selected for a $9,000, nonrefundable grant. To release these funds, he had to go to Walmart, Dollar Store, or 7/11, and then call he, and she would tell him which card to buy to pay a Federal Reserve Registration Fee of $200! They actually have our bank account routing # and account #! We have almost $700 in that account that must go to certain bills. SOMEONE, PLEASE STOP THESE OVERSEAS ROBBERIES! We barely make it on what we bring in as it is!!!!PLEASE HELP STOP THIS FRAUD NOW!!!!!

brendaleep
5/1/17

I have filed two complaints at different dates and more money was given to Army Veteran. Have not heard a word from you people is this just a read a complaint form and have a good laugh ,or is there law abiding people who do something about these complaints. This is really quite disturbing, and no help or no letter telling me what is going to happen. I guess I will go thru to Fox News they are willing to take my story and make sure I let them know what kind of help your IC3 is. WHAT A FRICKENING JOKE. Brendalee Parisian

vikramkumars
4/17/17

Useless, waste of time. They have no capabilities. It is a showbusiness of FBI. I complained for huge loss due to cybercrimes in 2015. Nothing happened. Shameful for FBI to run such department where there is no feedback at all.

janed207
4/14/17

yes, why does it even exist because they never investigate it? I have been rudely told by FBI to file an IC3 which is actually just a way to shut individuals of serious or minor cybercrimes up. At least before, crimes were taken seriously.

pratikg2
3/25/17

I had also sent money from Western Union as same case. and I want to get my money back, I had also contact him in facebook

sondras6
2/8/17

Been approached through Facebook by James Osborn asking for money I'm also working with another woman being scammed by the same person i reached out to her and since three days ago we've been working together. We all need to work on getting these guys. They all have different names and lots of phone numbers. I want to help in anyway possible to catch them. I have receipts for money grams I'm on Facebook inbox me so we can join forces. Sondra S from Connecticut

deba39
1/30/17

Submitted complaint 6wk ago and no one has contacted me. I still have an active communication with this man still asking for $$. I don't want to lose him ...Need to catch him picking up moneygram

dianec87
1/28/17

I have been pervasively hacked for 5+ years now and know the perpetrator. I was unable to even complete the form online as he had control of my hardware. I did get a reply e-mail with a case number when he felt like letting it through. Can't communicate excess through hacked networks so what was point as couldn't submit evidence, get status and nothing ever done. Ruined my life and is very sophisticated that I was told they should be interested but no. Talked to EFF as he started to make it look like I was engaging iin illegal acts, they said that is common. You allowed my life to be destroyed. Now I want to make a FOIA Request.

timk70
11/12/16

You might as well not waste your time complaining to the sites. My family and I found out our mother was scammed out of her life savings of $200,000 and I went onto the sites to write a complaint almost one year ago. All you do is you get an automated email saying that they received it in the appropriate person Will be contacted and then you never hear from them again. I needed to go onto the updates of the complaint so that I could print it out for mom's tax attorney and the link they sent me does not work. This is absolutely useless websites in a poor excuse for a government intervention. If you don't have a terrorist threat to report then they're not interested in your complaints at all. It will be a complete waste of your time so I wouldn't even bother with the FBI. It's just useless and uncalled for. This division needs to be completely eliminated try and find somebody who actually cares and will actually do something to help.

neemas2
10/30/16

cant email the complaints, FBI does not have Fax numbers

phyllisf18
8/30/16

Filled out complaint the date wouldn't enter so would not send it. No number to call.

emmylour
7/22/16

Submitted complaint got no confirmation email no confirmation case number no password or link to check status.

What these employees get paid for a job to do nothing and with my assumption here based on my complaint and not legal response received required they send to me they pick and choose who they want to file a complaint against. What a job to work get paid and not do the job. Who cares right?

Were you able to get the number? I spent hours filling out the form but it won't file - telling me the Captcha questions needs to be answered but I answered all the questions.

By Lillian A.

I filed a IC3 complaint over my older son and I can't find it so it can be reported to the US attorney I have family who did fraud, not myself.

By Michelle G.

Questions? Get answers from the Ic3.gov staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Ic3.gov