Ic3.gov

Ic3.gov has a consumer rating of 1.92 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Ic3.gov also ranks 34th among Consumer Protection sites.

No positive highlights yet

• It's just submitting a form that in theory a law enforcement agency might look at.
How would you rate Ic3.gov?

“Miss use of incoming phone calls not related to our phone line.”

Sue B.
5/7/19

We average between 23-25 fraudulent calls, per day. Sometimes the same caller calls more than once. There are medical, Insurance, educational, banking, Auto repair... Foreign employees that you cannot understand that keep calling. These people behind the calls do not know "Please delete" our phone number we tell them, and they keep calling. We have family & friends that we need to talk to. Thank-you for any help you can give us.

“Rating is a negative, insulting, not worth...”

Camille D.
10/28/19

This review, but they are taking up a lot of space and a lot of time. Entity IC3 being before the FBI and NCMEC on the IC3 website; IC3 needs to be more respectful, reliable, and trustworthy. Why is a complaint I submit a "complaint referral"?

law enforcement (3)
camilled46
October 28th, 2019
larryr219
August 28th, 2019
There's no way to follow-up and I've never been contacted. Highly doubtful that anyone reads 99% of these. Sure go ahead and do it but it's really not worth the time, effort and the getting your hopes up.
Typical government BS.
sueb266
May 7th, 2019
Foreign employees that you cannot understand that keep calling.
Thank-you for any help you can give us.
carlr228
August 19th, 2019
Waste of time filing the form. It takes some effort and time to fill in all the info they ask for, and there is absolutely no follow-up. It's like shouting into a black hole. Might as well not bother wasting your time.
krystleh
July 24th, 2019
I should know better by now than to shop as these bootleg online sites. I saw 2 nice affordable wigs that i thought i would like. I finaly get them and its 2 of the same #1 and #2 they look bad. I reach out to customer service like the site says. They reply 2x and when i asked for the return address like they said they would provide, they stop replying. So with that being said dont bother ordering from them the pix did NOT match the items they sent me at all.

Tip for consumers: dont bother. if the item isnt what you thought they will stop responding to you. What kind of customer service is that ?!!

mitchelll19
October 11th, 2018
USE FIREFOX, NOT Safari:
Using Safari 12.0 I was able to fill out the online form--tried TWICE (I was being extorted/blackmailed) but could not submit it. I turned off all my ad blockers and VPN... still could not submit. Called the FBI Sacramento (Roseville, CA.) office-- got no usable suggestions (1)come in waste 2 hrs there and back, (2) call Public Access Line *******324.

Instead I changed to FIREFOX... and that browser allowed me to file the IC3.gov report. I do not expect a reply... nor that anything is done as I was asked only for 3000usd and I did NOT pay it. But I kept the emails should FBI need them.
darrella37
July 17th, 2019
I have filed several complaints with IC3 and I haven't been contacted by them that they have been investigated or turned over to another agency. Am I wasting my time?
jw204
May 10th, 2018
I guess the complaint forms just go into a virtual trash can. No one ever got back to me for any sort of update. I don't expect them to fly to Hong Kong and knock on every door. But an email about the status would help. Thanks for nothing "state and/or federal agencies..." Our tax dollars at work.
wilmottem
June 24th, 2016
Hello, yes, I would like to see the evolution of the complaint that I filed; I have the number, and password, but I do not know where to go; thank you; complaint Id: I*******559512

*******@yahoo.fr
desw3
June 28th, 2017
Okay, I just wasted time writing to these people, thought I was being helped out but what ive seen so far in the reviews makes me lose hope for the resolve of my complaint.

Still, I thank everyone for their reviews...
Have a nice day ic3
deba39
January 30th, 2017
Submitted complaint 6wk ago and no one has contacted me. I still have an active communication with this man still asking for $$. I don't want to lose him... Need to catch him picking up moneygram
sondras6
February 8th, 2017
Been approached through Facebook by James Osborn asking for money I'm also working with another woman being scammed by the same person i reached out to her and since three days ago we've been working together. We all need to work on getting these guys. They all have different names and lots of phone numbers. I want to help in anyway possible to catch them. I have receipts for money grams I'm on Facebook inbox me so we can join forces. Sondra S from Connecticut
neemas2
October 30th, 2016
Cant email the complaints, FBI does not have Fax numbers
ronk
January 4th, 2010
POINT YOUR BROWSER HERE: http://www.ic3.gov/contact/default.aspx
Complaint Referral Form
Internet Crime Complaint Center_(*This is the information you'll find on the ACTUAL report form. This organization is an alliance between the FBI, Better Business Bureau, and The FTC. Very "heavy" group.

Ron*)_Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Your complaint has been submitted. Once processed by the IC3, you will be sent an email containing your complaint id and password to be used for future contacts with the IC3. This process can take several hours.

The IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 aims to give the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. If you have comments or problems related to the IC3 website, please contact us.
Complaint Status

The IC3 receives thousands of complaints each month and does not have the resources to respond to inquiries regarding the status of complaints. It is the IC3's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction. Ultimately, investigation and prosecution are at the discretion of the receiving agencies.
Evidence

It is important that you maintain any evidence you may have relating to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, a printed copy of a website, copies of emails, or similar items. Please keep the items in a safe location, in case you are requested to provide them for investigative purposes.
melanier98
October 23rd, 2018
I have spent hours in the last two days trying to file a complaint and there is a glitch in their own system. No wonder all these scammers are getting away with things. Beware bernedoodlespets.com SCAM
elan51
June 13th, 2017
I submitted to IC3 in January 3 complaints about a Nigerian scam with American citizens as mules, and I haven't got for any of them a file number and not any answer. FBI should investigate these cases and catch the criminals. If they don't do this, it means USA is supporting international crime.
brycen4
December 2nd, 2018
If filling about a form about a scam makes you feel better, go for it.

There's no clear path for any sort of followup. It's just submitting a form that in theory a law enforcement agency might look at. I found the local law enforcement won't investigate Internet scams at all, they just send you to ic3.gov. Pointless.
herbertm40
May 11th, 2018
Not only is IC3 useless. Now, with the new 2018 tax law changes, I can't even get any tax losses in my tax returns! Something is wrong here.
jeannep14
November 9th, 2017
Its useless and scammers are having a field day. I lost everything and heard nothing from IC3 after filing TWICE
jeanineh5
August 1st, 2017
Very frustrating that after providing elaborate information, go to submit and message says email address not in correct format. Yes, it is, and info is being sent from a hard wired computer, not Iphone, tablet, etc.
Ther eisd NO # for tech support either. Anyone else have this problem?
janed207
April 14th, 2017
Yes, why does it even exist because they never investigate it? I have been rudely told by FBI to file an IC3 which is actually just a way to shut individuals of serious or minor cybercrimes up. At least before, crimes were taken seriously.
vikramkumars
April 17th, 2017
Useless, waste of time. They have no capabilities. It is a showbusiness of FBI. I complained for huge loss due to cybercrimes in 2015. Nothing happened. Shameful for FBI to run such department where there is no feedback at all.
lorenk8
April 19th, 2016
I submitted a fraud complaint to ic3.gov and received a reply email (from *******@ic3.com) with my complaint ID and password. This is the only time I was ever contacted and I had no email address or phone number to contact them. I periodically logged in to see the status of my case. My status never changed for a year. Then my case just disappeared. There was no case with that Complaint ID.

My "case" went to a government "Black Hole"!
elleryw
January 30th, 2015
The name says it, IC3 is one of the best sources to report cyber/internet crimes. In this new day & age, consumers need to be protected from dangerous Ponzi schemes, scammers and identity thieves. This agency is a division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, so you can feel confident about IC3.

Tip for consumers: Report any crime you feel is an act of cyber terrorism or scam.

brendaleep
May 1st, 2017
I have filed two complaints at different dates and more money was given to Army Veteran. Have not heard a word from you people is this just a read a complaint form and have a good laugh, or is there law abiding people who do something about these complaints. This is really quite disturbing, and no help or no letter telling me what is going to happen. I guess I will go thru to Fox News they are willing to take my story and make sure I let them know what kind of help your IC3 is. WHAT A FRICKENING JOKE. Brendalee Parisian

Were you able to get the number? I spent hours filling out the form but it won't file - telling me the Captcha questions needs to be answered but I answered all the questions.

By Lillian A.

I filed a IC3 complaint over my older son and I can't find it so it can be reported to the US attorney I have family who did fraud, not myself.

By Michelle G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Ic3.gov staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ic3.gov?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.9
Have a question about Ic3.gov?