Review of HSN

patrick_vonderhaar@hsn.com

112 reviews with 1 star

loriw163
2/12/19

I've never had a issue with HSN and regret one at this time, but I feel the need to vent as I feel my concerns are being ignored and disregarded. This past December I purchased a few items from HSN and was satisfied with all except one, which was a tube of mascara. Upon receiving the mascara, I noticed it was dry and unusable. I immediately contacted HSN's customer support to advise, in which they told me to return. I returned the product and for some reason they are stating never received back. So, due to being lost n the mail they refused me a refund and pretty much stated SOL on me!

So, now they continue to charge me for mascara that was returned to them!!

I will NEVER EVER purchase another item from HSN again! Their product quality was extremely poor and they do NOT HONOR their return policy!!

I have a copy of the return merchandise package slip.

eleanorb34
1/20/19

Bought a gift for my daughter she was very excited about. 1st one broken and returned shipped. 2nd one was also broken. HSN would not honor the fact that # 2 was broken and I would have to pay for a new one until return received. When asked to talk to a supervisor the final reply was the "computer" would not allow it. Since when do computers run companies. Totally have lost my trust with HSN. No more shopping there for me.

teeh7
12/27/18

I tried to place a order with them but cannot because of the previous tenant! Anyway your loss! Maybe that was a warning to me, not too! I'll take my money$$ to the Q__!!!

amandah322
12/21/18

Took my money, declined my order. How an you take money from someone's account & provide nothing for it. They say they release your money immediately but it an take 3 business days to process and then your bank can take 1-30 days to refund it to your account. They should approve or deny you Flexpay before they take the money from your account. Now my Christmas is ruined because they took the last of our money that was to buy my kids gifts!

taneeshad
11/8/18

I have been trying to place an order wnd cant due to m address being blocked because of the previous tenant in my apartment. People move in and out of apartments. I dont think its right to go by address instead of individual customer. HSN you are missing out on a lot of money by doing this.thank God for QVC.

ednad15
10/27/18

I returned my product and did exactly what they instructed for me to do. Been getting the run around. Waste of my time and money. Never get my refund. I gave up on this company. Pleas take your business elsewhere FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!!!

amys528
10/26/18

I can honestly say in the 20+ years I have been shopping online this is my first really negative experience. While watching the absolutely breathless presentation for a blendtec blender I was encourage to try the product because after all you can always return the item if you dont like it. What they fail to tell you is Blendtec does not participate in the easy return process at HSN leaving you to ship it back via the post office at a whopping $35.00 charge. Who would ever take the chance of ordering something and getting stuck with a return fee that high. Since I am a HSN customer I feel it is there responsibility to inform customers of this process up front. CS seems to think they have no responsibility because Blendtec chooses not to participate in the easy return process available. What garbage they know if they would tell you this upfront you would not order the produc. HSN would obviously rather risk losing customers to make a sale. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!!!

charlenes78
9/29/18

Ordered an item early Aug - product defective. I called HSN & they issued me a UPS prepaid return label. Product returned Aug 21st. They shipped a new order which was also defective. I returned 2nd product Sept 11th. As of yesterday no credits have been issued. I checked delivery of UPS return and HSN received the item Aug 28th (yes a month ago)! They don't want to check for the 2nd return because I don't have a tracking #. This is awful customer service. I hate having to do a companies work as I don't work for HSN yet they expect me to do their work! No more shopping at HSN!

melissap133
9/29/18

published review 9/29/18
Do not buy a phone from them. I love HSN and purchase regulary. I bought a Samsung s8 plus for $804. I Paid my last payment on 9/21/18. I broke the phone on 9/28/18. I did not expect anything from HSN until I went to register the phone and could not. I contacted samsung to have it registered and repaired only to be told the phone is international and cannot be registered or repaired in the United States there is no way possible for them to even get parts. I was not told this when I purchased the phone. I want my money back and HSN feel it is not their problem.

manuelk25
9/26/18

Purchased 4 Samsung Tracfones with 1200 minutes text and data.3 out of 4 phones were fine. The 4th never worked even after spending hours with Tracfone. I tried to return the brand new phone back to HSN but after 30 days they choose not to be honest or helpful and will not take the new phone back. They kept my money and I am stuck with A new phone that wont connect. Land Pirates

paula342
9/13/18

HSN 11 months ago they said my credit card charge for a flex pay was denied. I have not received communication any concerning this. They stink!!

travisg59
8/6/18

Made my first purchase which I received a confirmation for. Then after 4 hours or so I received and email saying my order was cancelled. I emailed support but didn't hear anything so I started a chat with support who informed me to call back during business hours and that my payment would take 1-3 days to credit back to my account, It is now day 4. Wont be using this crap again

karenr362
6/3/18

Beware of HSN. If you order on flex pay, watch your payments very carefully. If you want to pay in full before your flex pay date is up, you will still be charged! They will show a credit balance on your account and then they will charge another payment and tell you you don't have a credit balance. They are rip offs! Their customer service is extremely combative and rude to say the least. I will NEVER buy anything from them again. For those that have not experienced what others have.... you will eventually. I had a good experience at first too. Once they have you - then they begin their creative accounting with you and rip you off.

christinaa93
5/18/18

The customer service is deplorable! I DO NOT recommend this retailer, they ship damaged product, provided a song and dance to return faulty products, lie about how they will remedy the problem and still require the customer to jump through hoops to get a refund.
After ordering $246.62 in origami shelves in February 2018, they arrived and were so damaged and bent that they could not be locked into place or used. After 3 call and getting lied to and the run around UPS was superposed to pick them up. I spoke to Linda at 727-872-5861 to resolve this problem - at first it appeared to be helpful;however, UPS never picked up the shelves and according to Linda the request was made 3 times.
At this point, I just want my refund and to move on, but that is not going to happen. Now it is the end of May 2018 and this problem is still going. After calling Linda today and letting her know the credit for damaged shelves is still not there, she became very snippy and rude. Then told me to call 1-800-284-3900 and ask for a Customer Accounts Supervisor. That was a bold face lie! Again the run around because they cannot and will not do their jobs! So, 4 months later I am still getting the run around on damaged product they sold.
DO NOT buy anything from HSN! They do not operate with morals, honor or ethics. Their behavior is shameful and disrespectful - shop elsewhere so you too do not have these problems!

leeb172
4/19/18

Tried to establish my own account with HSN. They insisted on talking to my wife since she has her own account. Can't surprise her with a gift if she is included. Never seen such incompetence. BUYER BEWARE!!!!! Can't give less than one star or I would.

elizabethf107
4/16/18

HSN is affiliated with Comenity Bank and they will do everything they can to try to make you pay more for the item you ordered and destroy your credit in the process. Their whole payment system is designed to confuse the customer and get you to make more payments and if you don't they send it right to the credit bureau's...I'm actually in the process of suing this company!! BE WARNED: DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM - TOTAL RIP-OFFS!!

annabellem7
4/9/18

Dont trust HSN! Dont give them your personal information because they will give it to Comenity Bank and will F**k up your credit. They dont care about you, they only care about making a profit. But they will call you a valued customer. And after the F**k up your credit, they want to keep on robbing you by telling you they want to help you but you need to enroll in a program. They are trying to fool you. All they want to do it keep on robbing you. They just want to keep on robbing you some more. I hope someday Comenity Bank robs HSN the same way they are robbing us.

carlab62
3/30/18

Tried to place an order and I was denied! Was told that someone would call me back and tell me why. No one called so I had to call them. Was told the second time, that someone else would call me back. Still no call. The third time I called, i was told that I had to send a letter to them (didn't say who THEM is)! Finally, I just hung up. Will take my business elsewhere.

deniseb169
1/19/18

Just to inform everyone buying a large item on the 18 month interest free plan and trying to pay flex payments in full each month from HSN is a joke. We bought a 65" TV for Christmas on their 18 month plan and my husband bought several items on flex pay. I thought I was paying in full for the flex pay total for the month, and that next months flex pay payment would pay them in full and I would just pay the TV off in two equal payments the next month. Easy enough right? Wrong!! I look at February's bill and I have interest charged from the flex pay total which I thought I paid in full. I called and HSN told me I had to pay $74 toward the TV that had no interest for 18 months!! They told me this was told to us when we bought it. It was not!! Nor was it on our statement. So every payment I make, $74 comes off the top to go toward a TV that has 0% interest for 18 months. Does that make sense? and anything else goes toward the balance that is drawing interest!! I told them I know exactly why it wasn't explained when we bought the TV. No one in their right mind would deal with them. I told them that's why I prefer QVC. Wish my husband had listened.

bobn52
1/10/18

I ordered Azpen Tablet 10.1 32 GB with 500 MB free WI FI per month. The first product was sent without the mfg box being sealed wrapped. Upon opening the mfg box, I noticed the tablet's screen was all scratched up indicating it had to be used. Then I noticed fingerprints on the leather casing. If it were new- direct from the MFG, it would be sealed wrapped and in pristine condition. They did an exchange. Upon receiving the second item, the same issue. Unsealed mfg box, screen scratched and fingerprints. When I wanted to do an exchange, they said we can only do one exchange and that no inventory is available. This is funny and exploitative!! When I was getting the exchange they stated it is out of inventory and upon availability they would sent it out. So now that I received the exchange they are claiming the product is out again. So what happened to the inventory- they just received in order to send out my exchange?? The answer is clear, they received a return from another customer and tried to land me a used product once again. HSN sucks with its customer relations and they promotional TV ads are bogus. Stay away it pays to buy at the higher price to get something you buy in a definitive new condition

Tip for consumers: Stay way pay more at the original MFG or retailer so you know you
are getting is sealed, new and unused

janety18
12/30/17

the HP laptop i bought from HSN was sold as a new windows 10 computer. It was in fact and older model. HSN had simply upgraded the operating system. also, their life time tech support is out of business leaving customer out of luck. don't fret, Vtec was just out to sell you more stuff anyway.

lesliep60
12/5/17

customer service is not very helpful about my hsn card keep decline due to address block customer service said that someone is using my address and that the reason my card keep decline ,customer service said i have to change address! what? and they cant help me , and also said its probably someone i know is using it lol hahahaha there so stupid i would never recomend hsn anymore there bad customer service

sw813
12/1/17

HSN sent wrong teeter model now want our group to pay $60.00 plus to return it ! At 70 pounds its heavier than than a paperweight.We wont buy again.

isabelled14
11/17/17

Does not stand behind their products and offering misleading information concerning their products and business practices.

beckiej
11/15/17

Tried to place an order online for a Dell 17.3" AMD A8 8GB/1 TB Win 19 Laptop. Called HSN customer service and come to find out, before I even had a HSN credit card, there was a previous bill that I owed $14.98 for some jeggings back in 2014 that I didn't finish paying for on their flex plan. Must I say, that I haven't even used the card since I got it and they didn't even know anything about the bill till I called, and that's when they decided to place the hold on my account at that time and not before I tried to order something!

So I had to call them back because I wasn't comfortable with the call because the lady was asking me all sorts of questions as if she didn't have or know my information! So I told the lady I would call back because I felt uncomfortable with the call. Not knowing after the call, that she had me doomed already which is "blocking" myaccount!!!

So I call Synchrony Bank to get some answers and they transferred me to an HSN Representative!!! Finally the lady tells me my HSN credit card account is on hold because of the past billl for $14.98 back in 2014 that has absolutely nothing to do with my credit card. I didn't even have a HSN credit card back in 2014. I used my own funds to purchase the item. So after paying the $14.98 I tried to order the laptop again today and couldn't. Had to call HSN customer service AGAIN!!! So the Collection Representative tells me I owe $14.98. I tell her that I already paid it but why is my account still on hold? Oh yes I see it has been paid says the rep! So I ask her why was my credit card placed on hold anyway when the $14.98 had nothing to do with my account? She was like it does have something to do with your account.

How stupid!!!!! HSN placed my HSN credit card on HOLD for $14.98. Really???? This is totally ridiculous!!!!! I really had high standards for HSN, but after this, I ll never waste the time to even watch their channel!!!!! I've heard so many negative things about the card, I'm really scared to use the damn thing!!!!! It's like nightmare on elm street!!!!

They tell u how long u hv to activate that phone! It's called 'pay attention'. I've been with them over 15 yrs. I do a lot of shopping online. Can't beat the returns or customer service. Watch ur items for 30 day price decrease. They refund the difference!! I hv a blast getting $$ back.

By Linda D.

Contact attorney general of your state and Florida.

By Robin t.

I cancelled my order online at one time and they refunded the money within 24 hours to my bank. Otherwise I would suggest you call Customer Service for further details. As far as I know I never had any problems with HSN.

By Kim L.

Shipping Problems are completely different from selling shoddy merchandize!

By Richard V.

Questions? Get answers from the HSN staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HSN