Homesdirect 365

Homesdirect 365 has a consumer rating of 1.78 stars from 23 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Homesdirect 365 most frequently mention customer service problems. Homesdirect 365 ranks 319th among Furniture sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 5.9%
How would you rate Homesdirect 365?

“Got my bed room set after waiting since September I am happy”

LATOYA D.
2/4/21

Item was delivered I am glad I waited. It was my fault for not checking if item was in stock why I waited so long and Covid19 makes it even longer.

“Homes direct 365”

Chris L.
11/19/20

They don't even deserve the 1 Star. Spend £600 on a telephone drinks cabinet which was in the sale down from £1000! This cabinet took 2 months to arrive on inspection it's was a joke, the list is endless really i must have taken 50 photos of damage/paint colour differences so poor. The wine bottle don't even fit in the spaces. China must have different sizes. Never again will I order from them and people if you want a good product that you have paid for don't order here.

chrisl1119
November 19th, 2020

viktorijam1
July 29th, 2020

So ive ordered this lovely french bed of their website for very high price. So i thought the quality will be imaculate.
1- the web didnt say that i had to wait a month for a delivery.
2- when it arrived the packaging had soil on it and one of them was damaged. This made me think that the bed was kept in a farm and not a warehouse.
3- some parts of the bed were dirty, had stains of dirt/sweat/oil/unsure.
4- some parts of the bed were painted poorly. I could see the brush streaks and writing in pencil on top.
It did not look that parts underneath the bed belonged together with the headboard and food board.

jefft598
May 15th, 2021

I do not know how this company can operate in the UK. The products they sell do not match the photos or description on their own website. The quality is so bad, bad paint jobs, bits of MDF stuck back on after clearly being broken, items sold as wood only to be received as cheap MDF. The after sales service is basically non existent. If don't just you want to just throw money away avoid using this company.

Avoid

Furniture

clairat1
May 26th, 2021

This company doesn't even deserve 1 star.
Firstly, when you order you aren't sold when your item will arrive. We had to make several calls and finally received our order 3 months later.
When it arrived, the quality was horrendous and 1 of our tables were damaged. It took 4 months and HOURS of calls for this to be resolved.
The staff abused me on the phone, there's no other way to describe how I was spoken to. I've never known a company to operate so terribly and get away with it. AVOID THIS COMPANY

Tip for consumers:
Don’t buy anything from this company

debrac650
February 11th, 2021

I ordered bed on 23/10 was told it would arrive 10/12, I had to pay in full. End of Jan still no bed. Several calls and emails still couldn't advise when would be in. I requested a full refund and was then kept waiting a week before offer of £50 off instead, said no I want refund, week later another email offering to look at other beds. Really strung out returning my money. Eventually received 10 days later. I would never buy from this company again and would advise others not to.

bethh217
February 27th, 2020

ADVOID BUYING THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

Placed an order on October for a phone box one was delivered in December but had quite a bit of damage so they have agreed to replace it for me.

I was told when I phoned at the beginning of Feb it was in stock and would be in touch for delivery soon. Phoned again 2 weeks later and told that it was never in stock but will come in next week. They are now telling me that it won't come till the end of April

I have tried to raise a formal complaint but had no luck. I get a different person every time answering my emails and nobody is taking me seriously. They have done nothing to resolve the issue, not even offered any money back and an apology for delaying it for 6 months

Don't waste your time buying from this company. They want your money then give you a faulty product that they have no intention of replacing

Don’t use it

Phone box display cabinet

marwaa12
February 18th, 2021

Absolutely horrendous company, order didn't arrive on the day it was suppose to and was given a pathetic excuse of their van breaking down and the new date for delivery was 8 days later.

I called customer service and the lady I spoke to Sarah was so rude, decided to threaten me that if I don't hear her out she would hang up and not proceed with the return as its in her control. Absolutely disgusting manners and she eventually hanged up in my face as I was talking. I called back to which her tone changed and she said they would issue the refund in 10 working days.

They're a scam. The reason for the delay in delivery was because of where I lived, I haven't ever been told that living in London was a reason my order would arrive late.

I advise everyone never to buy anything from this site.

Dressing table set

alexr860
May 26th, 2021

Ordered and paid for the table at the advertised price of £99 including delivery. 2 weeks later I received an e-mail saying they had mispriced the item and wanted another £280 before they would deliver it.
DO NOT use this company they are clearly untrustworthy
Twice they have said they have processed a refund, untrue. Reported them to my credit card company. Companies like this are a blight on society.

annabelm11
October 2nd, 2020

Ordered an item 3 August still hadn't received by end of September, no contact made even when I chased them, finally been assured I'll be refunded

antonias43
May 20th, 2021

I recently purchased an "Oak Finish Dining Chair with Rattan Seat and Chrome Metal Cross Back" from Homes Direct. The picture of the chair on their website shows an oak chair with a black metal cross back. The description says 'chrome' but as the image shows a black material I assumed it was black chrome. The chair that arrived looked nothing like the picture on their website. I received a pine coloured chair with a silver cross back.

When I contacted Homes Direct about this, and showed them the two pictures side by side (added to this review), they stated that the chair I received was a fair representation of the chair on the website and the person I spoke to on the phone said the two pictures I provided were 'exactly the same'. ​

The two pictures could not be more different and it was like speaking to a robot on the phone who could not accept even the slightest bit of responsibility or understanding. It doesn't matter what the name of the product is, they have listed an image on their website of a product which isn't the chair they then provided. The image has clearly been taken from somewhere else.

When I requested a refund I was told I would have to pay £20 for the chair to be collected.

The item is not as described (this definition includes imagery) so there has been a breach of contract and a misrepresentation I am entitled to a refund of the sum I paid to Homes Direct, plus any delivery costs.

It would mean absolutely nothing to Homes Direct to cover the cost of collecting the chair, but it would completely change my experience as a customer. This clearly shows how highly they prioritise good quality customer service, and as a result I will never buy from them again.

A warning to future customers - Be VERY careful when purchasing items from Homes Direct as the pictures are not an accurate representation of the product you will receive (I later found the image they displayed of the chair had come from another website), and you will have to pay for them to collect it from you if you want to return it.

kl427
February 15th, 2021

I ordered a French chair from HomesDirect365, and once it arrived, it didn't look the same as it did on their website.

Before ordering the chair, I made sure to check the colourway of the wood and upholstery on five different monitors (since sometimes it makes a difference) - and on all of those the chair looked very neutral toned, perhaps even on the cool side. On the website photo the upholstery looks taupe/natural, while wood looks slightly ashy but in no way white, and even the description reads 'Natural Wooden Colour'.

However, the chair which has arrived was very light and warm in shade. The upholstery has yellow undertones - so I would say the colour is more like bright cream. While the wood is extremely heavily white-washed, which gives a completely different look to the chair, as well as makes it look very inexpensive. Most importantly, wood colour discrepancy means that it absolutely doesn't suit the rest of the decor, in particular the desk for which the chair was bought.

When I contacted the cutomer service, all they could say was this:

"Sorry you are not happy with your item.
You can see clearly the white wash finish on the natural wood on our website.
After looking at the images you have sent it is as it should be, and as these are handmade and can differ.
Unfortunately we would not take this any further."

I paid almost £200 for a chair which doesn't look like it does on their website. And even though the comany suggests that my eyes are not seeing right, everyone in my household can also clearly see the difference from the provided photographs and website screenshots.

I haven't encountered customer service this bad and uncaring for years, so I am quite taken back to be honest.

I would not be recommending this vendor to anyone.

latoyad27
February 4th, 2021

elainej47
October 21st, 2020

Regrettably ordered in May 2020, 2 ROUND glass coffee tables! Received after 10 weeks the wrong order, a miss match of round coffee table bases with damaged square glass tops. Every corner of these glass tops had been broken off, due to bad packaging! This company is unhelpful unprofessional, with a condescending attitude, they relunctantly offered me £20! I was outraged at their rudeness and total lack of grasp, and to add insult to injury, they insisted that I pay the return postage. This would have been around £80.00. After months of charge back involving PayPal and personal bank, where this company deliberately stalled by sending a 2 kilo small package return, couriers would turn up unable to collect, as these tables are in excess of 20 kilos and in 4 separate packages. Eventually after 5 months of grief, this company, begrudgingly provided 2 labels. With the help of courier we strapped these tables and tops together, and to some relief they exited my property. I immediately informed Homes Direct of the collection, and wisely took images of the courier removing these tables. The company to this day have not acknowledged their responsibilities or confirmed this return, and I have NOT been refunded. It is now October, nearly 6 months since my online purchase, and My personal bank is now pursuing this company for full costs... Disgraceful behaviour, BEWARE!

beverlyb385
September 11th, 2020

Purchased goods in May, only to find out month later the product wasn't in stock, then advised I would receive the delivery end of August, no delivery, chased via email, no help, chase by phone to be advised they didn't know when they will have my goods in stock then to be told it will be couple of weeks and they would call me Friday gone to confirm, Donna did not call me, sent email, no reply! Telephone today 11/09/20 to be told sorry no longer available, communications are dreadful, hopefully Stacey has processed my refund, however could take nearly two weeks to be in receipt of my money they have had since May!... will never use this company again or recommend it, key thing missing despite my goods, COMMUNICATIONS!

shelleyh130
November 21st, 2020

After a wait of nearly 2 months, I was sent a broken dressing table. After a lengthy back and forth, I finally got the company to agree to refund me (my statutory right). After more lengthy back and forth, they agreed to arrange for Fed Ex to pick up the item and then refund me. However, the item came in 2 boxes and they only sent me one label to attach to the box for Fed Ex, therefore, only one box was collected. I am now struggling to get a response for the company to send a second label to get the second box picked up. No sign of a refund. Absolutely absimal quality, customer service and procedure. Absolutely do not recommend and would never use again.

samanthas726
March 2nd, 2021

The fact i am having to give a 1 star rating is appalling as I would not give this company even 1 star.
My goods were delivered 3 weeks ago however I am on crutches disabled so I had to wait for my brother to unpack the furniture, one of the items was nearly 100kg
2 of the items faulty one broken glass not even unpacked out of plastic packaging and one has a defect in the middle of a piece of glass.

So they sent me out defected and damaged goods

These items even in the sale were not cheap and the company today has stated they will not replace them so I have had to contact trading standards and I will have to also refer to the ombudsman.

They say the reason for this is it has taken me 3 weeks to contact them I had already advised I am on crutches so how am I suppose to unpackage 100kg side unit on my own with no hands available to do so as I am on crutches

Absolutely disgusting in there lack of empathy to my situation.
Do not order goods from these sharks as they will send you out damaged and faulty goods and breach your consumer rights by refusing to do anything.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Products used:
2 of the items faulty one broken glass not even unpacked out of plastic packaging and one has a defect in the middle of a piece of glass .

So they sent me out defected and damaged goods

Absolutely disgusting in there lack of empathy to my situation.
Do not order goods from these sharks as they will send you out damaged and faulty goods and breach your consumer rights by refusing to do anything .

moiram4
June 15th, 2017

Delighted with my recent purchase of a small glass side table It was delivered on the exact day that was arranged and the driver phoned to confirm time an hour before he arrived It was a first class service from the point of order to delivery! Moira meek

shirleyg400
January 27th, 2021

I ordered a chest of drawers December 12th it was in stock and no lockdown at this point. Rang up as no delivery estimate. Wont be in till January 27th rang today, won't be in till 19th of February, then a further 19-27 delivery. Paid 500 i upfront... it's a joke

nigelt33
July 3rd, 2020

Ordered item in Feb 2020, told it would be in stock in April, then June. Asked for refund twice, told it would be delivered in July, escalated to paypal, then they posted bogus fedex tracking for the 25/7. AVOID THIS BUSINESS LIKE THE PLAGUE

guyc10
February 1st, 2013

Good product, disastrous service and business.

Ordered April 2012, told afterwards it would not be in stock until June. June came, told it would be July. July came, told it would be August. Had to chase them every few weeks for update. Finally arrived in September - was faulty and needed replacing (give me strength). Told this would be November, obviously November came and went, then told December. Finally I'm told it arrives at their store in January. Took delivery of it today, 1st February 2013 - 9 months after I ordered it.

Sort your business model out, your product is good but the way you source and deliver it is a complete disaster which ultimately the customer ends up paying the price for.

1 star added for the delivery men who were the nicest and most helpful I've ever come across.

johnh65
June 28th, 2013

Do not purchase from this company. Firstly I was told if I was not there for delivery I would be charged £100. Then after taking a day off of work they phoned me at 10:30 to say van broken down and would not deliver. Then they booked for a Tuesday two weeks later and turned up Monday night with 20 mins notice.

That was just the beginning one of the mouldings on the three door wardrobe was completely substandard it had been repaired with wood filler. I sent them pictures and they quote colours and finish may vary. They said I would have to get it back to them for a refund and it is about 80Kg and would cost over £100. I have read other people that have had double beds that are over a foot longer than the matress.

There customer services were rude and unhelpful, and rude. I have never experienced such bad quality and service. Check out other reviews on the web on them I wish I had as many have experienced the same as me.

andrewb72
September 23rd, 2013

Excellent service, my order was dealt with very smooth and easy. No problems at all.

The furniture is fantastic, excellent quality material and the hand carving is second to none. A really great site if you are after quality furniture.

Thank you will be returning!

karlw
August 10th, 2009

Great site for french furniture lovers! - This is a great website. They sell all sorts of french furniture and accessories and seem to be one of the cheapest providers that I have seen. They provide free shipping on orders over £600 and process orders very quickly (my order was shipped within 24 - 48 hours of me placing it). I highly recommend this website.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Homesdirect 365 staff and other customers.

Get the Parisian look with our shabby chic, french style furniture & decor, antique shabby chic furniture style at the UK's lowest prices

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homesdirect 365?

Have a question about Homesdirect 365?