HolidayLettings.co.uk

HolidayLettings.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.19 stars from 36 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. HolidayLettings.co.uk also ranks 69th among Vacation Rentals sites. The most common issues with HolidayLettings.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I don't feel the booking fee was made clear enough at point of booking.
  • As an owner Holiday Lettings has become a dreadful company after being taken over by Trip Advisor.
How would you rate HolidayLettings.co.uk?

“Tripadvisor are a greedy company. You will never be able to contact them.”

alex k.
2/3/19

New contract is an insult. They add 15% booking charge on weekly rental rates for themselves - owner charges £490 for a week's stay then Tripadvisor charge £561.05. In addition they then charge 3% + vat on the weekly rental. Since the addition of the booking fee bookings are down 45% though I have kept my prices the same. For a booking made in July 2018 I will only receive the money on September 12th 2019 (5 days after the rental begins. Tripadvisor received the deposit(30%) in July 2018 (held for 15 months), and then the balance in July 2019 but nothing comes the owners way until mid September 2019. Don't waste your time trying to contact anyone. There are no phone numbers and emails are ignored. I off!

“High cancellation charges”

Jules M.
3/10/20

I have just cancelled my listing with this company. From an owners point of view this company should be avoided. They charge extortionate amounts in the event of having to cancel a booking. I do understand that it isnt nice to have reservations cancelled and felt terrible having to do this and in my years of running a holiday let have never cancelled on anyone however sometimes things happen that are beyond your control. So after explaining my situation of why I couldnt fulfil his reservation, I found alternative accomodation for him, customer was really understanding about it and as he had only paid a deposit, which I actioned to be reimbursed in full, he was fine. Just to add, no monies had been received by me for this booking as company keep hold until 24 hours after check in to release the funds. The issue I had was they charged me a fee of £120.00 for cancelling, when I challenged this with them they said its in their T & C's and its to cover the time it takes to help the customer find somewhere else I explained that they had not helped the customer, I had, to which they kept saying its in the T & C's, so this reason from them is absolute bull. I asked for a breakdown of this cost and they said they wouldnt be able to provide this. This company do not care about rental owners or customers they just want to make money where they can. Avoid this company at all costs......

booking fee (6) trip advisor (4) customer service (5) owner (20)
alexk241
February 3rd, 2019
I off!

I totally agree, as an owner of 4 properties advertised and who totally disagrees with Online Payment Protection and all the problems it creates (just read the trust pilot reviews) all of my properties are constantly on the back pages as I do not have the OPP stamp on them, as I pay an annual fee for all of them and most of the others are 'free listing' whereby Holiday Lettings gets a large commission on each booking, I am disgusted at the new system, especially as I have been a loyal customer since 2008. Don't bother advertising with the other big names out there, they have just changed their system and its even worse.

By christine M.
See more answers (2)

I also have been with HL for many years without issue. This year however we have had no enquiries so I thought maybe our site was a bit jaded and was just trying to add new photos to freshen up the page. Adding the photos was tedious enough and when I had finished I asked hubby to do a search of the Holiday Lettings site as a potential customer. He couldn't even get the search box to accept the name of the town we are in and ended up wading through hundreds of properties from far and wide and still drew a blank. Once I waded in to try and assist it became clear that because of the way the search facility now works, you need to put the Department (we are in France) where the property is situated, in the search box and that brings up another search box where you can put in the town....if you haven't lost the will to live whilst trying to locate your town! If I were actually looking for a rental in my town I would have given up and gone elsewhere. How much time do we humans want to spend going round in cyber circles? Personally, none. Hence no bookings. I would normally get 15 to 20 enquiries starting in August, for the forthcoming winter of which I would accept a minimum of 4. Didn't happen I always had an email exchange with the renters before they committed with a deposit. There are a lot of questions that only the owner can help with. I am now trapped in a (seemingly) futile attempt to find a way to delete the account.

By Les W.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the HolidayLettings.co.uk staff and other customers.

600,000 holiday rentals. Find villa holidays, apartments, cottages and other holiday homes in 150+ countries. Book your accommodation direct to save up to 40%

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HolidayLettings.co.uk?

Have a question about HolidayLettings.co.uk?