HolidayLettings.co.uk reviews

copr@holidaylettings.co.uk

1 review with 5 stars

alexk241
2/3/19
New contract is an insult. They add 15% booking charge on weekly rental rates for themselves - owner charges £490 for a week's stay then Tripadvisor charge £561.05. In addition they then charge 3% + vat on the weekly rental. Since the addition of the booking fee bookings are down 45% though I have kept my prices the same.
For a booking made in July 2018 I will only receive the money on September 12th 2019 (5 days after the rental begins. Tripadvisor received the deposit(30%) in July 2018 (held for 15 months), and then the balance in July 2019 but nothing comes the owners way until mid September 2019.
Don't waste your time trying to contact anyone. There are no phone numbers and emails are ignored.
I off!

I totally agree, as an owner of 4 properties advertised and who totally disagrees with Online Payment Protection and all the problems it creates (just read the trust pilot reviews) all of my properties are constantly on the back pages as I do not have the OPP stamp on them, as I pay an annual fee for all of them and most of the others are 'free listing' whereby Holiday Lettings gets a large commission on each booking, I am disgusted at the new system, especially as I have been a loyal customer since 2008. Don't bother advertising with the other big names out there, they have just changed their system and its even worse.

By christine M.

I also have been with HL for many years without issue. This year however we have had no enquiries so I thought maybe our site was a bit jaded and was just trying to add new photos to freshen up the page. Adding the photos was tedious enough and when I had finished I asked hubby to do a search of the Holiday Lettings site as a potential customer. He couldn't even get the search box to accept the name of the town we are in and ended up wading through hundreds of properties from far and wide and still drew a blank. Once I waded in to try and assist it became clear that because of the way the search facility now works, you need to put the Department (we are in France) where the property is situated, in the search box and that brings up another search box where you can put in the town....if you haven't lost the will to live whilst trying to locate your town! If I were actually looking for a rental in my town I would have given up and gone elsewhere. How much time do we humans want to spend going round in cyber circles? Personally, none. Hence no bookings. I would normally get 15 to 20 enquiries starting in August, for the forthcoming winter of which I would accept a minimum of 4. Didn't happen I always had an email exchange with the renters before they committed with a deposit. There are a lot of questions that only the owner can help with. I am now trapped in a (seemingly) futile attempt to find a way to delete the account.

By Les W.

Questions? Get answers from the HolidayLettings.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HolidayLettings.co.uk