Hemper

Hemper has a consumer rating of 1.15 stars from 68 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Hemper most frequently mention customer service, shipping insurance and store credit problems. Hemper ranks 57th among Subscription Shopping sites.

This company responds to reviews, but usually not within the first month

No positive highlights yet

• Then tried customer service again to week but finally Patrick answered but just as quickly started ignoring me again.
How would you rate Hemper?

“Redemption”

Chris S.
6/18/20

Original review: "Wish I read the real reviews. Over 2 months(April 17) with no communication or anything helpful. If you try to reach out, you will get a copy/paste response. RIP $120" Revised review: After I made a comment on their instagram asking for a refund, I was quickly DM'd asking for my order number. I gave it to them, they said they missed the mark on my order and said they personally made sure to expedite my order and offered to throw in a little extra. That same day the shipping label was printed. I got my stuff within a week.

“Avoid this place”

joe b.
2/10/21

First off my order took forever to get - when it came I was less than happy with the quality of the items so I went to the site and posted an honest review - at least I thought I did - I got an email response offering me 15% off my next purchase (spoiler alert: there will be no next purchase) but they didn't post my review - If you look at their website there are very few reviews posted with 3 stars or less - avoid this site

customer service (15)
joeb1729
February 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

christopherm1307
January 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Company is crap ordered on Nov 24 2020 some items were for xmas. Yet it is Jan 13 and I have still not gotten my order. Started emailing 2 week in dec. When Jesse finally answer they assured me the order would be reshipped asap. Yes still no order and no up dates. Then tried customer service again to week but finally Patrick answered but just as quickly started ignoring me again. Will be disputing with cc company on Friday. NEVER ORDER FROM COMPANY WITHOUT PHONE NUMBER.

jasons1258
April 23rd, 2020

Horrible customer service. Order never arrived after 15 days and they do not answer their chat or emails. Had to dispute with my bank to get my money back.

timothyb507
August 11th, 2020

This business sucks. Absolutely no customer support when needed and there is no phone number to be able to call. You've definitely lost my business. That's for sure. If I could give 0 stars I would. I ordered, got messed up in mail and they gave me credits, when trying to use said credits they just charged my card again. I don't want to pay more for your crappy products, I just wanted to get the money I had already spent's worth. Don't order from them. Trust me.

Jason H. – Hemper Rep

Firstly, Hemper would like to sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience that you have experienced thus far. Our goal is to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience so your sessions can be even better! Obviously, in our attempt to make this happen for you, we dropped the ball. We can apologize one million and one times but we know that all our customers care about is action. We understand the clear choice you make when you decide to spend your hard-earned money with us and we do not take that for granted, so we took a step back and took a deep long look at how we do things.

Our team would love the opportunity to make up for this unfortunate situation. Please reach out to loyalty@hemper.co and a dedicated representative will be available to assist you right away! We completely understand your frustration so we can sympathize with your disappointment. We want to assure you that we are listening to you and all of our customers and our employees continue working tirelessly to make everyone's shopping experience smooth and pleasant.

xemn
November 27th, 2020

Here's a few issues that I have experienced with this company besides the lack of customer service. When I go to their check out it shows me a different total than what I'm proceed to pay due to their coupon not registering then on top of that the deals they have are fake, I've tried purchasing over 150$ and didn't get any of their "tiers". When I tried to contact customer support no one, called their place of business said they're not taking callers. Emailed them nothing. Worst place of business. If a customer was willing to pay over 100$ I'd give them my attention

Jason H. – Hemper Rep

We would love the opportunity to make up for this unfortunate situation. Please reach out to loyalty@hemper.co and a dedicated representative will be available to assist you right away! We completely understand your frustration and can sympathize with your disappointment. We can assure you we are listening to you and all our customers and working tirelessly to make everyone's shopping experience smooth and pleasant.

kirstiek4
December 14th, 2020

They refused to cancel and refund my order after I received no shipping info for weeks, I literally have 50 messages back and forth where they flat out refuse even though they have yet to make a shipping label as their website states. I had to file a fraud claim with my credit card to get my money back. Weeks go by and one day I receive a package, I open it bc it was unmarked and it's from hemper but 2 of the 3 items in my order were wrong! Rediculous experience from start to finish, stay away!

dans1258
May 15th, 2020

I would to say that they are a good company but unfortunately they have not responded in 30 days to my request for an update on my order. No response to text, twitter, instagram, email or calls. They continue to send email about products for sale and continue to market the company through social networks. Not sure if they are even in business anymore.

Jason H. – Hemper Rep

We are not afraid to admit when we are wrong and when we do, we always try our best to make it right. As a small business, the beginning of the pandemic left us scrambling to find solutions and we were left with a thin workforce. We want to assure you that since April we have been constantly growing and learning from our mistakes. We are so close to implementing better communication channels for our customers to reach us. In addition to emails and social media, we are in the process of implementing a dedicated phone line to help with the sudden rush of support tickets. Live chat support is now available on our main website, instead of just our support page, so our customers can receive live responses in real-time. Our customer's feedback is super important to us and we want you to know your criticism does not go unnoticed.

rubym187
May 4th, 2020

This company says that it will ship your order between 3-7 business days and it has now been about 13 days since I ordered and it STILL has not been shipped.
I emailed them and they responded saying that they will respond to my email within 3-5 business days? It has now been a week since I emailed them and still no response.
Their website also does not allow you to write a review. They only post the good reviews.
Would rate them zero stars out of 5.

cococ26
March 25th, 2020

Took almost two weeks to get my order. I contacted them after about a week of no shipping info being sent. They never answered and then my order showed up later that week. Would have been fine except they gave me the WRONG item. Basically they sent me the cheap version of what I actually ordered(different material). I contacted them AGAIN. Lets see if they answer.

sharik39
October 13th, 2020

I ordered 2 items with protection on Aug 24 2020 and have still not recieved my order. Was told that order was in route to USPS facility but was informed that they only recieved the info to make label while awaiting items but that they weren't shipped from warehouse yet. Ill never order from them again and I'll discourage anyone else from ordering anything from them. Was told that order was lost and had to be reshipped so here we go again for 2nd time and hurry up and wait to not recieve what I've already paid for 2 months ago. Ridiculous!

Tip for consumers:
DON'T

Products used:
None I haven't received them yet!

Jason H. – Hemper Rep

We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience that you have experienced with Hemper thus far. Our goal is to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience so your sessions can be even better! Obviously, in our attempt to make this happen for you, we dropped the ball. We can apologize one million and one times but we know that all our customers care about is action. We understand the clear choice you make when you decide to spend your hard-earned money with us and we do not take that for granted, so we took a step back and took a deep long look at how we do things.

nated44
July 27th, 2020

Ordered almost 2 weeks ago. Took my money, posted label was created and that's the end of that order... no movement at all. Haven't heard a peep or received anything. Tracking still shows it's sitting in their warehouse. Wrote several emails with no reply's. Got through to them on Instagram and they promised help with my order. Still nothing. I noticed they were still pushing their scam crap products on their page and commented the truth about my order to expose them and they delete any kind of comments that shine light on how crooked they are. Stay away from this money racket. Hope they get shutdown for fraud.

chriss2371
June 18th, 2020

Jason H. – Hemper Rep

Hey Chris! Thank you so much for your updated review. We are not afraid to admit when we are wrong and when we do, we always try our best to make it right. Our goal is to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience so your sessions can be even better! As a small business, the beginning of the pandemic left us scrambling to find solutions and we were left with a thin workforce. We want to assure you that since April we have been constantly growing and learning from our mistakes. We are so close to implementing better communication channels for our customers to reach us. In addition to emails and social media, we are in the process of implementing a dedicated phone line to help with the sudden rush of support tickets. Live chat support is now available on our main website, instead of just our support page, so our customers can receive live responses in real-time. Our customer's feedback is super important to us and we want you to know your criticism does not go unnoticed. Again, thank you so much for your support! Hemper on!

elizabeths1044
June 5th, 2020

I ordered something over a month ago It never came and I don't think it ever will either, I really feel I just got ripped off. Because They do not answer any emails or text. And there is no phone number to call absolutely no customer service whatsoever.

michealv6
September 9th, 2020

Took my cash and still haven't processed my order its been two week! Of course no customer service what so ever. Even after multiple very polite emails. Wow!
Absolutely trash. I will be contacting my bank and the better business borough..

dianaa192
May 13th, 2020

This company took my money a month ago they have not shipped my order and they will not respond to my emails My phone calls or my live chats they just took my money it's been a month with no response I send them an email and they just say oh hey Corona virus update it could be a multiple of reasons we'll get back to you with a live response and it's been a month with no response I'm over at this company sucks

garyb815
April 8th, 2020

I ordered a product that never came in the mail, and after several emails and phone calls, heard no response.

jamesw2176
May 30th, 2020

Do not use they steal your money and don't send out your merchandise most unprofessional customer service i have encountered they don't respond its been 6 weeks and still nothing this isn't the first time. Neither look up the bbb reports we as stones want to get high and not get ripped off

Tip for consumers:
Do Not Use if you want to keep your money

Products used:
none still waitingwant to keep your money

brookeb167
June 21st, 2020

I bought a box (Jellyfish) and I had it for one week and it knocked over from being on the floor to it side and three out of four legs broke on the inside. I find it on its side and it's now broken. I have got bongs here before and actually dropped them and they didn't brake

nhun8
December 9th, 2020

They just don't reply to emails or have a number customers can reach.: what kind of business are y'all doing? No reassurance. No response. Nothing. This will be the LAST time I order from y'all. Smh. Get your stuff together if y'all want a great reviews. All of these reviews are bad for Hemper and I see why too! I'm

billf320
April 30th, 2020

Ordered a bong on April 19th. It's April 30th. Still waiting. According to their site, it hasn't shipped. I received an email today asking if I'm happy with my order. Emails going unanswered, no phone number on site. Never again. A couple days away from calling my bank and getting the charge reversed.

Edit; Finally received item on May 15, nearly a month after ordering.
Meanwhile, after getting tired of waiting, I found a similar, but better item on ebay for $10 less, ordered it May 1, received it on the 8th.
Item from Hemper was nice, not as heavy glass or construction as my Ebay item. All in all, looks like Hemper has some nice stuff, higher cost than you'd pay for similar stuff on ebay, and if you're in a hurry, don't bother.

sydneyy14
July 16th, 2020
• Updated review

Placed my order on May 2, after sending multiple emails, reaching out on integral, i finally got a response. Some BS sorry email they send to everyone, not even a real person. Anyways got my order around 6/26 or so. The pieces were nice and i got a lot of stuff for what i paid HOWEVER i didn't get all the stuff i paid for! I was missing 3 items. I still haven't seen them ship, it's now july 16 and still haven't heard back from them. My first and last purchase from them.

Out of Patience
June 10th, 2020
• Previous review

Me and my roommate ordered from hemper about a week apart. Her item came literally 5 weeks later. They took my money as soon i placed the order rather then when it shipped (SUS) I'm still waiting for my order 6 weeks later. The tracker they put in your email is fake, it doesn't even track your order as the times for each step are always the same. Another guy i know ordered the subscription box from them and has already recieved a box in the time ive been waiting, and his next has already shipped. I won't be ordering from them again. The glass is thin and cheap, even though they look cool. Go support your local headshop.

chrisj535
June 29th, 2020

This might be a good place if you want something for next year I canceled my order after 2 weeks of not being shipped so who knows if they even have the inventory they claim?

jonb447
May 12th, 2020

I ordered 5 weeks ago and even put in priority shipping, hasn't even been fulfilled yet. I have written them a series of messages. Least twice a week and no response. All I get from them is them wanting me to buy more $#*!! Like dude i hadn't even received my first order yet. Will NEVER order from them again!

mega22
June 21st, 2020

Buyer beware. Must be a fake storefront-takes your money-never sent product, it's been over 30 days. I'm filing a complaint with:
The Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov/complaint
Your state Attorney General, using contact information at naag.org

candacem154
December 14th, 2020

They take your money quickly and don't ship your order. I placed my order on November 23rd, the funds were withdrawn and and order status never changed. I reached out to customer service, they said they expedited my order but still no change in order status. I was hoping my order would be here for a Christmas gift I am putting together, but it looks like I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Barely possible to get an answer. Sent multiple emails and never got anything back until a week later, and my question wasn't even answered. I asked for a refund because they charged me w/o my authorization, and their response told me how to skip a month on my current subscription. Like, wtf?

By Zariah M.