Review of Healthful Chat

Healthful Chat reviews

14 reviews with 1 star

robinw238
1/21/20
Not a good site. Nees to be moderated 24/7/365. Too many trolls and other people who come here, it seems, just to torment other users.
jackh286
8/28/19
The people there never cared about what I had to say they just ignored me. I felt very unnwelcomed. There are also a ton of trolls being mean to other chatters. I thought this is a place where people are supposed to support others who have mental problems but instead it is totally the opposite.
mckennae
5/26/19
Dont try! They pmed me saying oh your banned and i did nothing. It mad me very upset that i cried. They said i was a liar but i lied about nothing
emilyh271
4/13/19
BlueGobi and Forever are probably the two worst offenders. Moderators pick fights, hold grudges, keep vendettas, etc. Not a safe place to talk about your feelings if you want to avoid being bullied by them.
as336
4/8/19
So at this site the moderators and RAs or room assistants are basically chatters who also volunteer for the site this means they can keep acting as chatters one moment and then act as moderators the next. Nothing wrong with this until you come across the likes of Stayathome78 and CGJ both of whom are RAs - here are examples of how they do their job:
CGJ says things like "Shut it, just shut it! Be respectful" to chatters and then mutes them when they tell him to "get lost" in response. Anyone else spot the hypocrisy in telling someone to shut it and then telling them to be respectful? Probably just likes to throw weight around because he can get away with it.
Stayathome78 says things like: "Kiss my a**" and "I wish people would remove the stick from their a** when they come to chat" he also has long slagging matches with chatters in the anxiety support room. Yep people who are having anxiety issues can go and watch as he fights it out about veganism and other pointless topics. But to his credit Stayathome does pretend to be helpful and says hi to everyone who came to the room in between throwing snarky insults: "Hi, John, welcome to anxiety support... why don't you kiss my a**... hi Jane, welcome to anxiety support"
What was ironic is that CGJ is apparently a senior RA and had to tell Stayathome78 several times to ignore the chatter so the fighting would stop and another moderator had to keep telling him to stop fighting with other chatters.
How can someone be an RA and not even keep the rules they tell others to keep.

If you find chat room catfights fun, then this is the place for you, but if you actually want anxiety support, then find another site.
bobb693
3/31/19
Gave it one star because CGJ could be doing this to people who are really in desperate need of some kind of support and this could just be one kick in the teeth to many.

On a site that's about peer support it's not a good idea to have staff with cognitive impairments or extreme mood swings if this affects how they do their jobs.

Sites are supposed to have cookie policies and privacy policies about how they collect, store and use your data, but this site doesn't have either of those at all so who knows what's happening to the data and chat logs, they could be going to marketing companies etc.
Pretty sure there's a law that means all websites have to have a cookie policy if Google, Ebay and Amazon have to have one, everyone probably has to have one but this site doesn't have either.

That's the summary review and this is the reason for the review:
Visited this site three times over one month as a guest number as I'm wanted to see if it was worth joining (it isn't). The last time I visited I was accused of being someone else by a junior moderator (room assistant) called CGJ. This guy admits to having a condition which means his cognitive function is impaired and also says he has a condition that means he's prone to extremes mood swings so I don't know if that's why he did what he did.

CGJ had already threatened to kick another guy for asking women to private message about sex (which isn't allowed on the site) and when another guy did it, I called him a slimeball. CGJ asked me to be nice and I said that I wasn't nice to slimeballs.

5 minutes later CGJ tells me to use my "proper nickname" and that "you've been warned about this" I told him it was only my third time there and never had a nickname but he banned me for 48hrs for not using the "proper name" whatever that is.
The ban was either because he has records and couldn't understand them properly or because he didn't like the fact I said I wasn't nice to slimeballs and so he made up a fake reason to ban me (tbh both of those reasons are pretty bad)
I contacted the site because if there is someone else with that "proper nickname" they'll get a nasty surprise when the log on and find themselves banned.

Either the site doesn't store personal data properly and it gets corrupted because
it's saved as some kind of file that can be easily or accidentally modified or CGJ just made it up to use as an excuse to kick me, or his cognitive impairment means he couldn't fully understand the data he was looking at (probably IP addresses) and yes, there's the possibility that it wasn't his impairment but just his slapdash approach to moderating (if he didn't just make up the whole "proper nickname" thing)

Be careful with what you share and don't choose a nickname until you're sure this is the site for you. It's not the site for me, but thanks to the other review, I'll check out 7cups which sounds much better (the "peer support" on this site varies from unhelpful to awful for the exact same reason Vi N said in their review)
chels4
2/2/19
The moderators in this chat are power hungry individuals who don't even interact with their chatters. They tell you to "move on" and offer no explanations for anything they do. They never respond to emails and the contact us is utterly useless. There is rampant sex talk that is allowed to go on. Anybody looking for a safe place to talk and discuss mental health best stay away, this chat has ruined so many people and the majority leave worse off than when they entered. It all starts at the top and those in charge don't care
demarusw
1/26/19
The mods are corrupt on this site and tonight was the worst for me. I love a lot of the folks here and was talking to a girl but got muted and couldn't continue and despite my protests, this particular female moderator by the name of Forever decided that I was spreading too much shade and banned me for 48 hrs. as of this Saturday evening. I said enough was enough and decided to put this here. I have autism, depression, and anxiety from years of childhood and teenage abuse and despite my story, most of them couldn't have cared less. This has happened every night non stop all week long and this weekend was hard as I lost a dear friend and didn't know it till yesterday.

The contact form doesn't even work when I tried to complain, this person said "I don't know why." Without a verification image, it won't go through. This clearly to me was intentional as a year ago the form worked properly and I used it to report a user who abused me online. This site is broken by design and the mods are too heavy handed and want to play favorites. Literally, we're at the mercy of them but with few other options what can be done?
tommyd54
12/26/18
No warnings I got banned for literally nothing. There are regulars that go there which the moderator always sides with and bans whoever disagrees or argues with them. The main chat is never about mental illness/support and more so of random idiotic subjects. Save your time and do something beneficial with it than on this site.

One of these disgusting moderators is named "Forever"
tomd320
11/4/18
Here's a few examples of what you might find upon entering # depression ..

"37 m here. I'm a mature student who is 45 and I love seeing 18 year old girls in my class. They're all so young and hot. Help me please"

"Any girl wanna pm?"

"I am honestly looking for a cute boyfriend but I have no idea how to expand my social network to actually be able to meet and get cute guys. I was told I can just come on here to find a guy and they'll probably say yes but I'm too shy loll. Crossing my fingers I'll get a cute and CARING AF bf. Hehe.. PM ME BOYS."

"I don't really come here for support"

'Nuff said.
freyal2
11/4/18
Overrun. Under-staffed. This place has turned into a mental asylum in every literal sense. Only, the guards themselves are mentally ill too. There is barely any support, and the little support that the good people do give, get lost in a sea of trolls. Any mention of self-harm and feeling suicidal, and you will instantly be muted and spammed with crisis lines, without further dialog.
billb546
11/4/18
From my personal experience the moderators on this site breach privacy by reading your personal messages and mute and ban you with no explanation - Blue Gobi is a toxic aggressive moderator and has no regard for its users.
Stay away from this site the moderators are not there to help its users and pick and choose who they ban regardless of what they think you have done.
felicitym9
11/4/18
I was banned in the room because I had the nerve to question a moderator as to why I had been reprimanded for talking about antidepressants ( in a depression support site - how dare I huh?) but he continued to talk about what type of mustard he should be using on a sandwich. Apparently my question was "off-topic" but his wasn't.

Go figure!

Militants. Not interested in the wellbeing of their chatters. Period. Avoid.
timmyv1
3/29/18
99% of the people on that site including the mods are vicious trolls that bully everyone actually looking for help and ignore spammers making disgusting posts and treating chat like a pick up room. No customer service to speak of; emailed numerous times with no replies, inconsistent and contradictory instructions from moderators. Horrified and disgusted this is the top search result from Google.

Healthful Chat is legit. Many of the negative reviews here are not. The wording and that names have been changed, but reviewed with the same content and on the same day, are indication the same person keeps reviewing. Myself personally am a Healthful Chat chatter who has used the site for several years and been helped by it, rather than a "sponsor" (whatever that is) as I've been accused of here. All the negative reviews are obviously disgruntled chatters who have been asked to follow the rules by moderators and now have a vendetta against the site. Use the site properly and follow the rules, respect the mods and room assistants, and you will get help from Healthful Chat. I see your type in Healthful Chat consistently and what you're doing in this review process is very apparent. I've even seen disgruntled chatters go to reddit and request people to join them in trolling stayathome78, forever and one other moderator. Very pathetic.

By Mikey C.

Easy to use, friendly and the variety of having numerous subject room.

By Mikey C.

You're being trolled via the Notice feature in NickServ. Someone does not like you for whatever reason or sees that you will respond to trolling so has chosen to target you. If you don't respond they stop trying and will leave you alone. If you send this to report content or speak to a moderator they will permit a name change for you.Being a victim of trolling is unfortunately a repercussion of using the internet, it is up to you whether or not you want to add fuel to the fire.

By Mikey C.

Many chatters, including room assistants and moderators, have helped me. They've supported me with struggles with my conditions, motivated me to improve my lifestyle, and encouraged me to seek treatment. The Healthfulchat behind the scenes staff went the extra mile to fix a very serious issue I was facing. Very much appreciated!

By S J.

Questions? Get answers from the Healthful Chat staff and other customers.

Healthful Chat?