Review of GuitarCenter

Tel: 1-866-498-7882
ronald.lucas@guitarcenter.com

danielw148
4/24/19

Carol Graham" in music education & "Erin" the store manager are biased, discriminatory and cold to people period. Not just customers. I have witnessed Carol degrading students & customers behind their backs when she didn't realize I was behind her looking at the music books & my roomate was next to her as she laughed at people struggling. From what I saw, she also has no education or histoy in music while degrading struggling artists. Erin does nothing as manager to stop it. I feel this is Erins way of supporting discrimination inside the store. I also saw them use a homless man who was highly educated in music on two separate occasions about 3 months apart to sell guitars for them (in the store) with no promise of a future. Erin did not see the sales but was informed about the store using a homless guy to make sales and promote the store. He was homless but clean cut enough to be presentable. And there are some other things I may say soon based on facts & witnesses that are willing to come forward.

I have been told on this page by Kenneth T. of Guitar Center to write to guitar center about my experiences with G.C. on this page. But have never gotten a response.

kate12
3/24/19

Charged my husband for 2 pedals received 1 but charged for 2. When called they said 1 was already allocated but they would refund Then spoke with another rep where he said he has 1 so my husband charged another. 1 day later rep called to say again not available. Giving us another number to call to investigate a tracking number. 3 rd phone call and third person said it is available in Houston Texas. But want to charge another 141 to his card. Wth is wrong with you people! 700 charged 1 pedal and the run around...... never again still not resolved and frankly we will NEVER order from incompetent guitar center again!

michaelh1291
3/4/19

Ordered Jackson Js22. Waited a week to get a conformation about shipping, never got it. Called GC reps & they said my guitar would be there the following Monday. Waited another week called again. This time the guitar had apparently been discontinued after guitar center assured me twice that it would be here. They charged my account twice... Now have to wait another week just for the refund to come back. Even a one star review is highly overrated for this company.

amyf174
1/20/19

Music staff knows very little about music...Bunch of kids teaching kids.

Can't believe I wasted my time and money at this corporate piece of junk.

matthewg231
11/10/18

I ordered a Gibson 2019 Les Paul Junior Doublecutaway Tribute here on 10/23/18. Two weeks had gone by and I had never received my guitar. I had called them a couple of times to see what the status of it was because the tracking number they gave me from UPS had just said that the label was created and it hadn't even left the store yet. After dealing with their customer service and getting the number from the store it supposedly shipped from they had told me the guitar was shipped out 10/29/18 and they were not sure why the tracking information had never updated. So on Monday 11/5/18 I was finally so fed up with their customer service I told them to cancel my order and to refund my money. But the fun doesn't stop there. I was told my three different guitar center employees that the money would be refunded back to my card that I purchased the guitar that I never received on. Come to find out that gave it back to me as in store credit which I specifically asked them not to do. So three weeks later I am guitarless and guitar center still has my money. I have spent thousands of dollars with this company before and to be treated like this by their customer service department is a blow to the face. I will never give guitar center my business again after dealing with this event. Their customer service is god awful and I hope no one has to go through this same instance.

leroys50
10/27/18

I used to love browsing the guitar center site. I was a regular costumer while I live in the US, but now that I'm in europe, I can't even access the site anymore because they are not gdpr compliant. Please fix this!

jeffk222
9/26/18

Music teachers there don't know anything. I took lessons for 1 year and I only know 1 note. Teachers rarely show up for scheduled lessons.

ronb274
7/31/18

In a nutshell, I couldn't order online because they wouldn't accept either of two strong, clear, valid credit cards. Tried to chat about it, but chat was down; tried to email about it, but that page doesn't exist. With good vendors like Amazon and Sweetwater providing good customer service, why would the Guitar Center allow themselves to have such a shoddy operation? If I didn't have a Guitar Center gift card, I'd never deal with them ever again.

markc562
5/25/18

came in the store and wanted to trade in pedals and didnt like a person that worked in the back,he was always rude to me.(fayetteville arkansas) and i told them that and they were going to kick me out (been shopping therefor years) willNOT go back!!!!!!

richarda174
4/10/18

So I ordered about $1300 worth of equipment, half from Guitar Center and half from Amazon. After receiving my order from Amazon and making numerous calls to Guitar Center, my order had still not shipped. Finally I called to cancel my order and change it to Amazon and the said it had shipped. So about a week after that, I started getting my packages. All was there until I opened one of the guitar stands, and it was missing a main piece. I've emailed them 3 times about it and they have said let's set up a return. I don't need to go through the month of returning it and wait for another one. All I want them to do is send me the missing part. Still waiting....... I'll never buy another thing from Guitar Center, ever!

markh393
3/8/18

Rubbish customer service. They routinely sell items knowing they don't have them in stock. Just stick with Amazon or B&H Photo.

shredm
2/19/18

I deal with the Arvada Colorado location mostly and their staff is super cool. Zero attitude given , no pressure felt and doesnt matter what level of musician you are, they simply take care of you. Going to this location is always a good experience, however the online experience is great as well. I have found amazing deals online and all stores in the country can be accessed for inventory in mere seconds. I have called many other stores to purchase something and have it sent to my home store. Always friendly and professional. Thank you Guitar Center staff!

johno192
1/24/18

Man, what a heart breaking experience. I get an e-mail from Epiphone on Jan 8th about a Les Paul 1 out of 100 signed by Slash of "Guns N Roses" guitar and the very next day when the website and pre-orders are taken for this I am on the phone and paid in full with my credit card and assured I am going to get this beautiful and one of a kind guitars. So for two weeks I'm jumping for joy and dreaming about getting this. Only to get an e-mail on Jan 19th while I am at work by Product Specialist Mark Lund "Sorry for the news but we got slammed with orders on the Limited edition Epiphone Slash guitar You ordered. Unfortunately we had to cancel your order because we sold out before your order completed processing. We regret that we cannot send you that guitar so as a one time only offer, we will give you $100 off an alternate guitar over $500. This is an agent only exclusive deal I am offering you" ....REALLY? So on January 9th when all my information and my credit card information and the $1275 I was putting down for this....that wasn't a completed process? If I call this store ASAP on the very first day of pre-orders and I am assured after giving all my information to get one, I get an e-mail almost two weeks later that the order is cancelled to only be offered $100 off my next guitar of $500+ which is exactly the same deal all Guitar Center customers were offered from Christmas to New Years Day and be told it's an agent only exclusive deal? Is that suppose to make up for losing out on a 1 out of 100 guitars signed by Slash of "Guns N Roses"? Man, what a heart breaking experience. It's like packing your bags and being allowed to board the plane and just when you are about to take off to paradise and see the person you love you are told to get off, sorry your money isn't good enough and here's a free pack of peanuts to eat on the way home. Man, what a heart breaking experience.

katarinaw1
1/20/18

I took my guitar in for a broken knob and the guy who fixes things hooked me up with a matching knob within minutes of arriving. I could have paid him $10 to install the knob for me, but opted to install myself.
Besides their fix it center, I love guitar center because they let me play whatever I want, from drums to banjos, for however long I want, no questions asked. Plus, the staff is knowledgeable on their guitars, ukuleles, and equipment. I've bought ukulele's and electric guitars from Guitar Center and for a couple extra $, you can get a 2 or 4 year warranty on your product.

chisp2
1/17/18

They typically have a great selection in both new & used instruments, and a friendly staff, however the staff I have found is generally not very knowledgeable at all about specific questions about a particular guitar or piece of gear. They seem to just have "general" knowledge. Not bad, but not great either. I guess if they paid more they could probably afford to have a more knowledgeable staff.

benc211
11/9/17

I filtered my search results by "in stock within 5 miles of me" and picked out a nice new Gretsch and some picks which the website said I could pick up the same day from my local store. I place the order, and it is stuck on 'processing' after a few hours, so I call the store to make sure they have what I ordered. The guy on the phone says "yep, we have the Gretsch and picks in stock on our system, just wait until tomorrow for the system to process payment." A bit odd considering I used my PayPal balance, but sure.

Fast forward to tomorrow, still 'processing.' I try calling customer service but get no answer, and wait 10 minutes to get online chat help. The guy then says only the store can cancel the order, whilst trying to brush me off. I call the store, get put through to the manager, and the manager says he can only cancel the order if the online rep calls him. I say this to the online rep, he then says that he could only cancel the picks coming from the warehouse (I thought they were in stock?!) and the store would have to cancel the guitar. The manager at the store then says he cannot cancel the guitar, the order has actually been sent to another Guitar Center across the state (why?!). He says I have to call this other store 130 miles away from me and cancel the order myself.

I call the other store, and the manager says the store only received the order 2 hours ago - even though I ordered it 24 hours ago - and the only model they had was the display model (how is it acceptable to sell a display model as new without informing your customer automatically?). He offered to redirect the order again to a store with several models, and I told him I was beyond done with this headache and ask him to cancel the guitar. He says "sure, I will cancel this for you, the money should go back to your PayPal shortly."

Fast forward a few hours, my transaction is still pending on PayPal, and I don't have my funds. I call PayPal, and they say it is on Guitar Center's end, and if they have cancelled it can actually take a few days to get the money back.

Stay away at all costs. I am a patient man, but this pushed my boundaries a bit. I chose Guitar Center over a cheaper online alternative so I could have my items the same day, and now I am without my money for a week. Everything in this company seems disorganised, and employees seem clueless.

melissas244
11/7/17

Ordered used guitar, sent confirmation email. 3 days go by and receive "order cancelled" email. I did not cancel order. Check and charge went through on credit card. Call customer service who reorders same used guitar and agrees to waive charge to expedite shipping. Get email confirmation...charged me full expedited shipping. Now 2 sales tying up card and no guitar! Sketchier than Craigslist

davidm767
10/28/17

I ordered a set of bongos from guitar center two weeks ago and am still waiting for them. Customer service has blown me off twice now saying they are on their way. I will never again purchasing anything from guitar center, Amazon.com has such better customer service and shipping times. Same products at Amazon with considerate customer service. Guitar center has lost my business forever. Amazon.com is where I will be ordering all my music supplies from now on.

timc125
8/28/17

The management, make you very comfortable at first. Then after i made a few returns the second manager , told me this is your last return, even if something is wrong with it. Before that ,i was telling them how sorry i am for the returns, and they always used to tell me not to worry about it, 'this is what we do so as long as you return before 45 days,all we care about is your satisfaction' i used to hear that until my last return,when the manager said , NO MORE RETURNS !!! , thats after talking on phone with management, they said ' no problem , just bring it in and we will take care of your problem' but when i took my guitar in, they had a hole different
attitude about it, and told me NO MORE RETURNS!!! now do you people get it ,build someones hopes up and then drop those hopes, that is what guitar center
does, trust me, not what i thought it was. Please if anyone is going through this s***
write a review. Plus like mark b. said about the emails is true that happened to me
where i had to call them, because when my order came in it had already been 2 days without an email, a few times they did that. The Bakersfield guitar center.

robinw71
6/18/17

This site is the bomb for any musicians. The staff is knowledgeable about their product. If you aren't familiar with an item they are quick to fill you in. Shipping is excellent and they are good about returns and exchanges.

markb379
4/7/17

In the last week, I purchase a used guitar from online at a Guitar Centers San Jose store. The listing stated...Guitar in stock, ready to ship. I purchased with credit card. I get a confirmation, my credit card is charged, the email states I will get tracking # once item is shipped. 3 days go by, no follow up email, no phone call. I check the status of my order on line....it's shows "processing".

I call a GC customer service. They say they will investigate. Hours later, I receive email stating...Time sold, no longer available. They have my money, I have order confirmation, they sold the guitar.

Ok, so... a few days later, I show the guitar is available again. I suspect it's the same guitar because it's the same location, same used instrument, same price.
I order it again online. Guitar in stock, ready to ship. Get confirmation, my card is charged, email says I will get tracking #. I call San Jose store explain that I want to make sure Guitar is taken off floor, get out on eternal hold and call drops off. So, I call my local store and ask them to contact San Jose store to make sure Guitar is held for me to ship next day. Jeremy in Alpharetta says he will. Hours later, no phone call....just an email that says my item is on Bacorder and they don't have it yet, but the manufacturer is sending them more.the item in question is a USED ITEM AT A PRICE CLOSE TO HALF OFF RETAIL. Are they really getting more Used items straight from the manufacturer? Hour later, I get an email that my order is cancelled because the item is no longer available.

I have yet to receive refund on the first order and now they have my money for two guitars. They say that neither on is available.

So....after taking in all that is transpired the only conclusion I can come up with is GUITAR CENTER IS RUNNING AN ONLINE SCAM WHERE THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY FOR ITEMS THEY DONT HAVE IN STOCK. THAT IS FACT.

lynnd53
2/16/17

I went in knowing what I needed, wanted. I called ahead. No wait, they directed me back to guitar area. Travel Guitar (came recommended by friend so could take on vacations to practice for upcoming gig)--Price was as mentioned on web site; case as well--not overbearing on trying to sell me something extra. I was in store for 10 minutes max.
Item is HIGHLY recommended --fits in overhead bin on airline and pocket of case large enough for tuner, capo, my miniVOX headphone / distortion/ amp and even a short cable if you want. Can play acoustic and fret board feels not a ton different from my Strat. Allows me to work on riffs from Cancun, Florida, wherever! Can plug in headphones and link to my mp3 and play along without disturbing others. I have even amped this little guy up and sounds pretty damn good. I've read others who actually gig with it? I don't think that's the best purpose as no eq /volume/ tone knobs , but for travel practice and taking up no space---awesome! Really helps when playing to have the little metal weight bar attachment for balance and easier if I stand when playing rather than sitting b/c of weight distribution. Has attachment for guitar straps. Highly recommend. Already did, actually, and another friend bought one and loves it, too.

michaelb444
12/25/16

I biuy a new guitar once a year with my safety bonus from workng all year so they have a bit of my money in thier pockets
Anyway i did the buy it online for sameday pickup they offer
Got the conformation purchase email instantly wich also said we will email you when its ready
Ok so hours went by no email not a damn thing so i sent a email asking when will it be ready or is there a problem with my order ok
Several more hours go by still nothing
Finalky i drove to the store and they didnt even have order yet at thier store say what? Luckily i got a great employee who knew how to get it handled and boom walked out the door with my new les paul in hand ...ok great but here is what gets me
10 days later they finally replied to my email yes im not lying 10 days later
So i sent a reply to that email asking if it always takes ten days to get a reply
Ok so 8 days later they replied to my question about slow customer service
Eight freakin days later what a joke
So to finalize this they have great deals good in store service but the worst email service ever and i never did get a its ready email from them
Guitar center you need some restringing and a good tune up too

claytonr10
12/19/16

I asked for a Digidesign Mbox 2 mini with Pro Tools LE for Christmas. So my friend decided to buy it for me. Well, he chose guitar center and well... GC is officially my grinch. And here is why:
They ordered it, and then they got an email saying it was backordered. So they waited. Then they got an email saying their order was cancelled. Why not just shop somewhere else, you may ask? Well guitar center won't give them their refund until 30 days. So now my christmas is ruined because of these guys. I asked for one thing for christmas - and these guys blew it. I am infuriated. GC is officially a grinch. I do not recommend buying from these guys. If I were you, I'd take your business to Sweetwater. They may not have the best prices, but at least you'll get your damn product.
I hope you're proud of yourselves for ruining my christmas, Guitar Center!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away. Go to Sweetwater or Reverb or JRRshop. Especially JRR shop & sweetwater. Those 2 will not let you down. Guitar Center will eat you up & spit you out. They do not care about you or your musical goals. Matter of fact I'd be surprised if they are even musicians. Just stay away.
Also, ZZounds is a place worth looking too. Their payments plans are amazing & if you have bad credit or no credit, that is not a problem. You will still get in.

russn
12/10/16

Wish I would have seen these reviews before dealing with them. Ordered an item site says is in stock...next day email saying back ordered...Even though my card was charged! Told no idea when item would be coming in. Walmart is better than these guys. A third world country swap meet would be better. First and last time ever dealing with them...

I'm sorry to hear that, James. If you change your mind, feel free to email us anytime! We are here to help.

By Duncan C., GuitarCenter Representative

Hi James, I apologize if you were unable to view our response yesterday. An error occurred when we replied. I am very sorry to hear about the poor experiences you have had with us. We would love to make sure you are properly taken care of and I would be more than happy to share your comments with the management chain in charge of the store including the Store Manager, District Manager, Regional VP, VP of Sales and EVP of Stores. I assure you that we will do our best to work with you to show you that we're better than what you have experienced. We would love for you to email us at yourvoice@guitarcenter.com so we can discuss this further with you. Thank you!

By Duncan C., GuitarCenter Representative

Questions? Get answers from the GuitarCenter staff and other customers.

GuitarCenter?