GovFilingsOnline

GovFilingsOnline has a consumer rating of 2.96 stars from 35 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. GovFilingsOnline also ranks 10th among Business Documents sites. The most common issues with GovFilingsOnline are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 34.5%

No positive highlights yet

• Getting your birth certificate does not take special photo identification.
How would you rate GovFilingsOnline?

“EIN Savior”

Jo L.
9/21/20

Greatest place to get my EIN. Will never pay anyone else when I can get this service at such a low low price.

“These guys are crooks!”

LouAnn S.
2/10/20

In my opinion, these folks are simply crooks! They quote a price, force you to check a box with their no-cancelation policy, then they send you an email indicating they will mail a packet to order your birth certificate, with additional fees. This 2-step process is completely unnecessary, and the failure to disclose additional fees disgusting. Go to VitalChek! It's cheap and does not require all this nonsense. You will note from other reviews that this behavior of requesting additional fees later is common with these people.

birth certificate (12)
louanns9
February 10th, 2020
jol150
September 21st, 2020

Tip for consumers: Just very easy. Jump in and get it done.

decoreyh
September 3rd, 2020
Fast easy to use. And also like the process to do and the the help with the rest. Fun easy to use..
omary8
September 10th, 2020
I order my birth certificate on july 3 2020 and here it is almost middle of September and I've yet to hear anything from this company yet send many emails request that's on there stupid irrelevant website and yet not even a response.(and no it's not in my spam folder f. Y. i). They have not number and after all the additional fees I have yet to receive and thing... whts the use of a order number when u cant even get in touch with the company nor does anyone ever answer emails... worst damn experience ever!... then you cant cancel and get your money back so basically can just hope you get what you're spent your hard earn money on!
jons510
July 2nd, 2020
Deceptive website charging almost $130.00 to "facilitate" your passport application without making it clear that this does not include the actual fee (another $110.00) paid for the passport itself.
Far easier to just go to your local facility and get it done for just $110.00 plus photo.
I regret using this site.
billyd116
June 25th, 2020
I needed to renew my visa. Their site claim the process takes only few days. I've paid $129.95 for the visa renewal. However, they mailed me the visa form which is free to download from embassy website. I had to read the instruction and complete everything by myself. I could have downloaded the from myself. Their service is just download the forms and mail to you for $129.95 each.
patrician264
February 27th, 2020
My credit card was charged in October for $98.95. I thought it was for a birth certificate I ordered from the State. I find out late January that wasn't the case, so what was that charge for? I called GovFilingsOnline on 2/3 and left a message; I sent an inquiry to them on their website on 2/5, then 2/12, and just now 2/27. No one has replied or attempted to contact me. I would appreciate finding out what I paid for, even it it was someone else's and being refunded if that is the case. Come on, they have to have Customer Service. Rating: negative stars
tims704
Tim S. – GovFilingsOnline Rep
Hi Patricia,

We respond to all ticket inquiries that come in through our website within 24 hours. Usually, much faster. If you are not seeing our response, please check your spam folder. We look forward to assisting you.
sandrat477
September 19th, 2020
Not sure my EIN is legitimate... and I want to know why I had to pay all that money when I could get it on the IRS website for free... it's a flipping rip off
brianl697
February 6th, 2020
I needed ein number right away, I paid for 1 to 2-day service for paperwork after completing forms and entering payment it said get ein number now papers would be sent in 1 to 2 days. Not true you have to pay extra to get ein now. Very deceitful, Never use this website others give ein right away.
beckyd121
February 25th, 2020
All they do is send you the forms that are downloaded free over Government Sites and mail the form to you. You Do Not get anything but a free form for their fees. You will pay the State Fees and you will have to mail it in with the form which you will fill out as well. They tell you that they will file and using their service will get you the certificates you think you are purchasing but you quickly find out you were scammed.
stevens1042
April 19th, 2020
The sole purpose of this website is to pretend to provide a service that makes passport renewal easier and charge you an exorbitant fee. You end up doing the same tasks that you do on your own, waiting several more days for mailing back-and-forth and dealing with the stress and confusion of an illegitimate service that is really a "non-service". As soon as you figure out that they don't cover your filing fee and that you've been ripped off, it's too late. They spend all their energy preventing you from getting a fefund and cleverly avoiding the long arm of the law. A true scam company!
douglass453
September 24th, 2020
I went to this site and was tricked into thinking this was a government site. They claim you can never cancel and there is no way for you to do so. It is less than 8 hours since I was stupid enough to make this mistake and still can't get in touch with anyone. I want a full refund for all services immediately.
johnm4471
March 5th, 2020
They do virtually nothing that you can't do yourself for free. Getting your birth certificate does not take special photo identification. They lead you to believe you are paying them to file and retrieve your birth certificate and that they cut through the red tape for you. For $59.95 it sounded okay, I would pay the extra from the $24 it actually costs from the county. Not the case, they send you paperwork you filled out online with a stamped envelope so you can forward that with a check to the county. So it costs you over $80. Buyer beware

Tip for consumers: Go to the website of your county and call them. You can order your birth certificate online or by mail but you will pay 1/3 of what you would to pay this sketchy company.

daoudas
September 17th, 2020
I am happy to have this EiN # which is important for my business.
My activities and all opportunities will be easy for me from now
cedricy6
September 13th, 2020
The successful part to this, is how quick I received the letter from you'll, other than that you were very professional in getting this very important information to me as a future business owner, Think you kindly
mollieu
September 24th, 2020
I found this process straightforward and easy! Highly recommend. The site was great and I got exactly what I needed and fast.
kims1222
September 9th, 2020
After researching a few sites and starting the process several times, this process was the most direct, fastest and easiest to get an EI number in Washington. I've paid through the nose for my first two business EINs in NY. This was a dream!
susanb2441
September 15th, 2020
Unlike other websites we had looked at to file for an EIN, this one was super simple. Just a few questions and we were done. We got our EIN in only 2 days!
jaym434
March 21st, 2020
I will admit, I did find it a little pricey to get an application for my birth certificate, but at the end of the day, I actually received my birth certificate. So if you're willing to wait 4-6 weeks for it, it's honestly worth it.
joycel241
January 20th, 2020
I was charged $195 for EIN ID from IRS that is FREE if I would have paid more attention to the site I was one. They misrepresent themselves as IRS because the form to fill out is the same form IRS has but IRS is free and I would have received it in the same amount of time. Also, the cost was not known until after you send it. If it is made know it must be hidden pretty good so you don't see it. Expensive lesson learned.
mikes2103
December 14th, 2019
I paid them for 2 services, birth certificate and passport paperwork. I had to reach out multiple times for both. I did receive the birth certificate paperwork which i realized I could of done it online for free. Then to top it off I never received my passport info, emailed many times asking for a refund and have not received my money or paperwork. Much better solutions and ways to get what you need.

Stay Away!
georgec599
March 12th, 2020
So, for everyone who doesn't know, this site helps by getting you the paperwork. You still pay the regular filing fees after you pay them to, well I dunno, print off stuff you can get for free and mail it to you. It is a. Org site people, not a. Gov.
erica353
June 6th, 2020
Do not use this "service", they are a third party that has NOTHING to do with the government. I fell for their website thinking it was the government since it was a. Org. I paid $59.95 to get an official copy of my birth certificate... I did not know that I can just go through the state website and get it for $30 ($20 +$10 processing fee). Even though I felt ripped off I figured, at least I will get it and only lose $30... then I got their documents in the mail and they want me to send another $20 check to pay the state for the certificate! So in other words they charged me $60... for doing something that I could do online for $10! They are a total rip off! Do not use them!
mairenya
September 2nd, 2020
I never expect to get it that fast, now I'll start my own bussines. This is my first step to get my future bakery
colletter3
September 19th, 2019
I ordered a birth certificate for my daughter through the site. When I received my package, I had a couple of questions and the customer support team was super helpful. They answered all my questions and made me feel at ease throughout the entire process. Thank you for making a potentially stressful process so easy!

Hello! We chose that name because it perfectly embodies the services we offer - we offer services to perform government filings online. For info on our services, please visit www.govfilingsonline.com.

See more answers (3)

Hi Devon, we do not offer service to file to amend a birth certificate. Frankly, nobody on the web offers a service to amend a certificate. You would want to file a certificate of amendment with the issuing government office to amend a record.

See more answers (2)

Hi Nicole, If you need assistance with an existing order, please visit the support page on our website.

By Tim S.,

Hi Roberta, Please reach out to our support team. And remember, declined payments often show as "pending" charges for quite some time.

By Tim S.,

Five days? No, 10 days? No, 15 days? No, 20 days? Who knows?

By Jay K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the GovFilingsOnline staff and other customers.

When you need to file documents to keep your business on the right side of the law, turn to GovFilingsOnline for assistance. Many of our past customers have left Gov Filings reviews to confirm just how efficient and easy to use our system can be. Whether you are a little confused as to how you should file your documents, or you just don’t have the time available in your schedule to do it another way, we will be happy to help.

Countless Gov Filings Online reviews confirm that our service offers time-savings and also helps users spot errors before their documents are officially submitted. Among the many services we offer are LLC formation, vital record filing, and more. The process is simple and hassle-free, so give us a try today.

And of course, we invite you to leave us a Gov Filings Online review today. As you will see, Govfilingsonline is the most legit filing service in the industry.

tims704
Tim S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GovFilingsOnline?

Have a question about GovFilingsOnline?