Thoughts to Paper reviews

support@thoughtstopaper.com
2018 Customer choice award

davidn416
7/12/19

Ryan was excellent. Always quickly answered any inquiry. The process was very efficient. Excellent service.

kevinc583
6/13/19

I dealt with Ryan and he is sometimes hard to reach. Nice thing is when you do call it lets you know he is on the phone.
Best to call and catch him live as he does stay busy. When I do talk to him he is quick to give me or get answers as well as giving me updates. I have more ideas and I will be using them in the future. Thanks to them for their research, my product is now patent pending.

johnh2061
6/3/19

The reps at Thoughts to Paper were very professional and helpful throughout the entire provisional patent process. I look forward to working with them in the utility patent filing process.

dreeso
5/31/19

This was our first time working with Thoughts to Paper and it will definitely not be our last. Their team is responding immediately to requests and questions. The workflow was seamless and straight forward.

lancer40
5/27/19

This is my second time using thoughts to paper. The staff were very professional. There system is easy to use and understand. They're always available to answer questions. I highly recommend them for all your patent needs.

mattb355
5/15/19

They did both the provisional and no provisional patent in time and well coordinated manner. Tien, Albert and Ethan were super helpful and great to work with. I highly recommend them.

teyshaw
5/3/19

They made the process so easy. They were in constant communication during the whole process. We would use them again in a heartbeat! Highly recommend!

luiso40
5/1/19

I had an issue with communication and questions on the process. Tony (manager) called me and made sure I had the information I needed and was satisfied with their product. I do appreciate this type of customer service and will continue with them.

Response from Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative
Luis, I am looking at your file and we have not yet filed your patent application. If you would like a full refund, simply call us and we'll issue you a refund immediately. It is our job as a patent firm to give you recommendations. The basic provisional patent application is suitable only if you can provide a good technical writing and drawing of your invention. After review, our patent practitioners recommend that you pay us write your patent application, so that your patent application has proper protection for your invention. You do not have to accept our recommendation! However, we are required by the US Patent Office to give you our professional recommendation. At this time, you have 3 easy choices: 1) Accept our practitioners' recommendation and pay us extra for our time to write your patent application, 2) Reject our practitioners' recommendation and use your own written patent application, 3) Request a full refund of all money you paid, we won't keep a single cent.

Remember, it is our job to give you recommendations. Our recommendations sometimes will require additional services that cost more money. But you have no obligation to accept those recommendations! Simply reject them or request a refund and it will be done!

I'll reach out to you and see how to best move forward!
alerom
4/4/19

The process was comprehensive and extremely educational; as long has you have a clear idea and can communicate you idea effectively thoughts to paper can make it a patent reality; but you have to do your part. They can't do the work for you

mohammedo13
3/28/19

Highly recommend ThoughtsToPaper company, they are very professionals and they work exceed the expectations, I am so happy to contact with them ..

Special thanks to Jay Chiao ,Tim Bright ,and Kamal Anand.
Thanks a lot for all in ThoughtsToPaper

----
Mohammed Othman

mmg6
MM G.
3/26/19

Since 2015, we have been communicating with the bright minds at Thoughts to Paper. Those whom understand their assignment, moreover, how important it is to take transcribed content and condense it into logical arguments with the utmost clarity & efficiency.

Over the years, we have developed an effective, interconnected working relationship between the various departments, moving towards achieving the approval of several patents & associated matters. With the prudent engineering, legal and marketing support that Thoughts to Paper has provided we have successfully progressed towards our objectives, through a series of integral milestones.

We are satisfied with the services provided & hope to continue working together, solidifying ideas for years to come.

ArmCandy LLC

dandyl
3/13/19

The team is there to help and assist in every way I needed to proceed with my patent application. Staff accepts comments and adjustments to the inventors concept and ideas to enhance the inventor's imagination.
Thanks.

Dandy L.

raymondb131
3/10/19

I used Thoughts to Paper for a non-provisional patent a few years ago and it was a great experience. They prepared the patent and it was approved by the patent office. Everything about the process was professionally executed. I will be hiring them for another patent soon.

miker595
3/9/19

Having never done this before, I had no idea what to expect when trying to file for a Patent. When I first reached out to Thoughts to Paper, to find out more about the services they perform, I did not need to reach out to another company. I was convinced after the initial call, I needed to look no further.

Working with them has been one of the best and easiest experience's in my 30 plus years of professional life. The thoroughness and the attention to detail is unsurpassed.

To say the least, they captured the full essence of my invention and put my ideas to paper.

Would I use them again? Absolutely!

Thank you again Thoughts to Paper!!!

angelinag12
3/6/19

Kevin Zelaya was very professional, engaged and followed up every step of the way. The process was fast and easy with multiple opportunities for review, which was great.

carrieb143
3/6/19

Every person I have dealt with at Thoughts to Paper, treated me with kindness and professional respect. They were timely on every step of the process trough three patents.Thoughts To Paper also saved me so much on the cost compared to every other company I contacted.
I would highly recommend this company to anyone. However, when I couldn't open and share their files, I simply had to update my Adobe reader to open the files and the amazing cad design drawings they did for me that were included in my amazingly low cost.

Totally satisfied customer

Carrie.

terryb367
3/6/19

The Thoughts To Paper team have done a great job on the provisional patent for my invention, reasonable fees, friendly, and timely. I hope to use them again in the near future.

davidk799
3/2/19

This is a great team to do business with. Great communication from the beginning and throughout the process. They explained everything in simple terms and answered all my questions. Thank you Thoughts To Paper

tracyy14
2/27/19

Very thorough, walked me through the whole process and did an excellent job. They made the whole process easier and saved a lot of time and money.

jezhanes
2/21/19

Megan Huan was very polite. Also very calming. Explained the process well. Processing was quick. Very helpful. And very understanding.

alvaa11
2/15/19

From beginning to end this company was on point!! When I was uncertain all I had to do was email or call them. Everything was explained in a manner that I could understand. They never made me feel dumb or out of my zone. I truly enjoyed working with them.

paulc696
2/14/19

We liked working with Thoughts to Paper. Design Patent was issued on a complex design. I appreciate the research and guidance.

dannyo21
2/14/19

I'm very happy working with Thoughts to paper and Jay Chiao, our representative. He is so fast in responding emails and highly professional.

ryanh297
2/11/19

Well done. I will use these guys again. This was the second time i used them. Attentive. Thorough. Considerate and patient. I enjoyed working with TTP.

richb134
2/2/19

So happy with this firm. Professionalism is an understatement. Not much more I can say. I am impressed.Keep up the great work!!
Rich @ Belair

Roberto, yes, you could file a provisional application first and get 12 months to figure more details out. However, keep in mind that the provisional application can only protect what you include in the application, the information you have already figured out. For example, if you only have a basic idea and the details are unknown, you could file the provisional application for just the idea without the details yet. However, those details would not be protected in the application because they are not disclosed in the application. Put more simply, you can only protect what you know and put into the provisional application. What this means is, lets say you file the provisional application then 2 months later you figure out some critical details of your invention. You must be careful about disclosing those details you figured out 2 months after filing the provisional application. Because those details were not included in the provisional application, they are not protected yet. We would add those details when you convert the provisional application into a non-provisional application and only then, would those details be protected. We offer a professional level service for the provisional patent application which allows you to chat with one of our engineers. We can help you figure out a bit more detail than you may have so that you file a provisional application with as much detail as we can figure out at this time. This ensures that your provisional application covers as much as we can. Any additional details you figure out later, well put it into the non-provisional patent application when you decide to file that application, prior to the expiration of your provisional application. Hope that helps! Give us a ring during normal business hours and well be happy to help!

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

We can accept credit card or checks, whichever method is easiest for you. Giving us a call to chat is a good way to start off. Before we get underway with work, we'll have an extensive review done and if for any reason, we cannot assist, we'll refund you in full. If can assist, we'll proceed work! We're here live Monday-Friday 10AM-7PM Eastern Time

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

You should apply for a patent application first. This secures your place in line with the US Patent Office so you can tell the company you pitch to that your product is "patent pending". This way, if that company steals your idea and files a patent of their own, they will be second in line after you, since you applied for the patent application first. A provisional patent application only lasts for 12 months though, and it must be converted to a non-provisional patent app before the 12 month expires, to keep the protection. However, this route of the provisional patent app, at least gives you 12 months to test the waters before you need to decide to commit to a full more expensive non-provisional app. Give us a call during normal business hours and we'll be happy to answer any further questions or get you started.

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

Yes! Give us a call in the morning at 800-919-2493 and we'll see if we can help!

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

We started in 2007. Feel free to do your research on us. Any questions, contact us during business hours at 800-919-2493 or live chat with us at our website.

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

We have a business consultant that could do this, after you have your proper patent applications filed. Once you have your patent application filed, or if you already have one, send us an email and ask to get a quote on having us prepare a sales sheet for you. One of our team members will direct you to the right person who can review this and give a quote.

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

If a patent application is kicked back by USPTO, we call receiving an "office action", we can respond back to try and overcome the USPTO's objection. It will generally involve additional fees. What we need to do depends on what type of office action is received. If the USPTO cites some similar inventions, we need to argue back the differences between your invention and the cited similar inventions. If the USPTO wants some language updated, we can see the best route to take. If the original patent app was not filed by us, you'll need to send us a copy of the USPTO letter along with the original patent application filed for us to study it.

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

Yes, we can, give us a call and provide us your email address so we can send this over to you.

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

You could start with a patent search to get a better idea of how patentable your invention may be if you decide to file a patent app, and it may also help you think of ways to make your invention more unique before applying for a patent app. Let us know when you're ready to start. We're here live Monday-Friday. Visit our website and chat with us or call us.

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative

A provisional patent can "protect" your idea in the sense that it saves the date with the patent office, until you file the non-provisional patent application. The key is that you must file the non-provisional before the provisional expires for the provisional to continue to "protect" you. Read over this in depth article on how it works: https://www.thoughtstopaper.com/blog/understanding-provisional-patent-applications/ Then, if any further questions, give us a ring. We're happy to chat!

By Tony C., Thoughts to Paper Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Thoughts to Paper staff and other customers.

Thoughts to Paper?