Fragrance Direct

Fragrance Direct has a consumer rating of 1.9 stars from 48 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Fragrance Direct most frequently mention customer service problems. Fragrance Direct ranks 118th among Perfume sites.

How would you rate Fragrance Direct?

“God service and fast delivery”

Jane P.
7/29/20

I was amazed to read the Fragrance Direct has such a low rating. I have bought from them a number of times and am always impressed by the ease of using the website, and the speed of delivery. I have never had cause to return an item, so can't comment on that. I find the prices are competitive, and I have found no fault with the goods, which always arrive well packed. I can easily recommend Fragrance Direct as a company that has never let me down.

“Scam roulette”

Re V.
12/9/20

Order since November still is not dispatched, I've got excuses like "black friday's fault" or "Royal mail's fault". I was told to wait until "magic" day comes, so I could cancel the order, though they took my money already and admit order is not dispatched, but I have to wait ayway. I've already written reviews on other websites, for example, on Trustpilot, where fake good reviews appear the next minute after one real bad is posted. So, obviously, bad review is drown down and nobody sees it.

rev4
December 9th, 2020
bobbyc127
March 6th, 2020
Paid extra for fast delivery so I can get my item on time. Took 4 days to do the dispatch so I ended up having the present I intended to give to my friend several days later. The only company in the world that doesn't advise an estimated dispatch time anywhere on the website or mention it will take days or weeks when you place the order. Also the only UK so called company taking more than 2 days tk dispatch an item in my experience
anderst5
June 5th, 2020
Poor custom service. Confusing website, say they ship worldwide. But no. They should train their custom service and those who work the chat. Bad product. Stay away from Fragrance Direct
erryi
January 20th, 2021
As far as I might be concerned, this was an incredible work, however now I am completely satisfied with you. You assisted me with getting your administration back again actually rapidly. Incredibly Recommended
patb526
December 15th, 2020
I ordered a couple of perfumes and a bracelet came free with one of them. Thought it would be a nice touch for a teenager but guess what, when it arrived no bracelet. I was asked to take a picture of the box without the bracelet. Avoid this company folks. Said they didn't have anyomre bracelets to send and i could return the perfumes at my expense.
marleym13
December 29th, 2020
Ordered my aftershave with next day before 4pm delivery and 4 days later it still hasn't come, and my royal mail tracker has said it's being prepared by the sender for the past 2 days. Would not recommend people shop here and I will be buying from this site again.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use it.

Products used:
Aftershave

sharont450
August 10th, 2020
I bought ladies Eau de perfume La Vie est belle which was very expensive. I could not smell anything on spraying total fakes
janep247
July 29th, 2020
martinc503
December 12th, 2020
Bought CK Euphoria EDP 100ml for my wife's birthday from Fragrance Direct on 1/6/20. This is clearly not the genuine article. You can hardly smell it. Needs a lot more sprays and fades quickly. My wife has used this perfume for years so knows what is right.
Avoid Fragrance Direct!
juliat169
December 11th, 2020
Ignore any bad reviews I got a bottle of £55 perfume for £35 free delivery. When i panicked and chased the delivery it was on my doorstep the next day. I smell amazing! Thankyou perfume direct
marinae29
January 15th, 2021
They will not issue a refund, only store gift card. If there is an issue with your parcel, they simply ignore you for weeks and then say we cannot issue refund only store credit. I do not need store credit as I had to buy replacement elsewhere. Money stuck now with these fraudsters.
le149
December 10th, 2020
I do not believe the perfumes are genuine. I ordered a Jean Paul guiltier original for my mother (this is her signature perfume). When I received it I compared it to one I had purchased from the high street and the difference in colour was significantly lighter I was shocked. If you purchase this perfume regularly you would know they can differ slightly in colour but not to this extreme. It looked like water with a scent, it was either not genuine or had been watered down. The smell was the same but the staying power didn't last long at all (maybe 2 hours). I called up on the day I received the item to state my concerns and the customer service rep just said return it so that's what I did. I will give them one star for the fact the return process was easy for me and the money arrived back in my account within a week of sending it back. I will not be purchasing from them ever again.

Photo attached is the high street one on the left and fragrance direct on the right ( I'm aware the curtain behind the high street one is darker but to the naked eye it made no difference the fragrance direct perfume is significantly lighter regardless)
maureenu7
February 13th, 2020
I've been ordering from fragrance direct for a couple of years now. I often thought my prada perfumes were really weak and lost their small after a short time. I've ordered prada Luna rossa for my husband and sons on more than one occasion. They agree with me you have to use about 20 sprays to actually smell it and then the smell just disappears. I don't know why I carried on reordering. I won't be in the future. It's far too expensive to be fake or imitation. I've spent hundreds of pounds with this company. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves ripping people off like this, especially at Christmas which is when I and many others order for Christmas presents. Prada is a very strong distinct fragrance. Not the pathetic excuse for a fragrance you offer and supply. Just out to con people. Disgusting.
virginiao25
November 6th, 2019
I am not sure why so many bad reviews as I've never had a problem and love all the products purchased for my Christmas presents and for myself. Please give this company a break and see for yourself.
mava2
June 6th, 2016
Bear in mind the company sells discontinued or excess lines, so it's no frills here, so when it's sold out, it's gone. I've used them a couple of times and the service is good, but could be better.

Sometimes the website isn't updated, and items go out of stock, or a photo isn't accurate, but given the huge discounts this can be over looked. Delivery isn't fast, but arrives within the allotted time (within 5 working days). You have to make it worthwhile to place an order as free delivery is when you order £40 or sometimes a promotion when they lower the threshold to £20.
sabrinad34
July 22nd, 2018
I have read few negative comments and I think is unfair, contacted costumers services really kind & helpful in every way. The free delivery come with a tracking number, I knew exactly the delivery date, I choose the gift packaging excellent, the product is authentic it was 200 mil Boss blue night and it does smell as the one I bought in Harrods but much cheaper. Why I am writing this review because some people are hinting the perfumes dont smell right.
I am happy with it
masuma1
August 4th, 2020
I ordered Davioff cool water. But I found only water in the bottle. Did not find a little smell. I had to return the parcel and paid 18 euro for postage cost. They only returned my product cost. Never again
kayl159
May 27th, 2020
I wouldn't order from here! What I ordered barely lasted an hour and I spent a good amount. Contacted them and they refused to accept them back
chrisn263
September 21st, 2019
200mls CK Shock EDT for £24 seemed too good to be true... It was.
Almost certainly non authentic. Perfume disappears almost immediately. I won't return item. Too much hassle.
Delivery time good. Well packaged. Otherwise immensely disappointing.
I do not recommend this company. Leave alone.
angelam451
January 22nd, 2019
Wouldn't buy from them again, as just am very particular about gift sets being in perfect condition, but this one was damaged but had to post it immediately to the Isle of man a. Way. I think the gift set I bought (Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs) may have been returned to fragrance direct before as you could tell by the damage inside the box the perfume & cream had been removed and put back in again! Fragrance Direct did offer a refund or replacement, but that was to late.
mariap354
February 15th, 2019
I'm terribly disappointed... I've bought Olympea of Paco Raban for several years and I'm pretty sure that it isn't the original. I also bought Invictus for my partner. After few hours the perfume loses the strengths I'm sure this one is a fake imitation..
lornak77
September 20th, 2019
I purchased Guccu Premiére for myself and Emporior Aramani for my brother and to my horror they are just cheap fake and orderless.

WHAT A Scam! I called Customer Service who didn't sound surprised or helpful at all. He just told me to print the return label and post with a note even though I have destroyed original packaging. I am finding it impossible to print the return label which apparently should present with a barcode.

What a waste of my hard earned money!

Never Again!
olat16
April 9th, 2019
I bought a bottle of Marc Jacobs perfume from them and it's fake. Doesn't last at all. So disappointed. Will stick with buying from departmental stores.
kadiw
November 26th, 2014
This place is amazing! I upon seeing prices expected damaged good but noooo pristine condition beautiful discount perfume! I am addicted to Fragrance direct! And I have never ever been able to find anywhere that beats them on price. For all christmas shopping i strongly suggest giving them a look:-) great delivery and just amazballs all round:-)
mariem271
April 30th, 2019
BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING WITH THIS COMPANY. IT'S SAYS FREE DELIVERY OVER £20 AND OVER £50 INTERNATIONAL. YOU DON'T GET THIS AUTOMATICALLY AND IF YOU HAVE USED ANOTHER PROMO CODE, YOU DON'T GET IT AT ALL. IT IS FALSE ADVERTISING REALLY, JUST WHEN YOU SPEND AN HOUR SHOPPING, YOU DISCOVER AT CHECKOUT THAT YOU'RE NOT GETTING FREE DELIVERY. COMPLAINED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT THEY ARE WORSE THAN USELESS, DIDN'T CARE. WON'T BE BACK IN A HURRY!

No perfumes and aerosols can't be shipped out of country's due to the regulations

By Aaron W.