FragranceDirect.co.uk reviews

Tel: 01625 432565
help@fragrancedirect.co.uk

paulc778
7/9/19

I decided I would treat myself this month by topping up my aftershave collection.

I then came across Fragrance Direct.

Usually I buy my aftershaves from The Perfume Shop and after this experience I will continue to do so.

Browsing through a somewhat cumbersome user interface I selected the aftershaves I wanted. My total bill came to around £280.00 and I opted for their next day delivery service. I did not give two thoughts to the amount spent as it seemed like a good deal.

My order was placed at around 13:30 on Friday 5th July.

By around 16:00 on Saturday 6th July my delivery had still not arrived.

I called the customer service department and was told that due to the high-value of my order and being a first time customer my order was placed on a "list" to be vetted for fraud concerns.

What angers me is my order was taken, money left my account and a confirmation email was received shortly after the transaction took place however Fragrance Direct by placing me on this "list" knew they would be unable to fulfil their contractual obligations to me by ensuring the products were delivered within specified time-frame.

I therefore wasted an entire Saturday waiting in doors for a delivery which I had paid an additional premium for to arrive on that day which Fragrance Direct failed to honour.

Nobody from the company attempted to contact me after my order was placed to a) highlight any concerns b) request the necessary information so that my order could be completed c) to advise me that the delivery would not be happening on my desired date and d) offer an apology.

I was simply left in the dark believing my order would arrive which I consider very bad practice.

I have no problem with a company requesting further information as a safeguard against fraud. I welcome it so long as it is communicated accordingly and does not impair my purchase.

From,

An extremely dissatisfied customer

mariem271
4/30/19

BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING WITH THIS COMPANY. IT'S SAYS FREE DELIVERY OVER £20 AND OVER £50 INTERNATIONAL. YOU DON'T GET THIS AUTOMATICALLY AND IF YOU HAVE USED ANOTHER PROMO CODE, YOU DON'T GET IT AT ALL. IT IS FALSE ADVERTISING REALLY, JUST WHEN YOU SPEND AN HOUR SHOPPING, YOU DISCOVER AT CHECKOUT THAT YOU'RE NOT GETTING FREE DELIVERY. COMPLAINED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT THEY ARE WORSE THAN USELESS, DIDN'T CARE. WON'T BE BACK IN A HURRY!

hanhn8
4/20/19

I wish there were 0 stars.

Please be careful when ordering any items from this website:

--They sent me used products - with fingerprint from someone who wanted to play with the product. And they did not check it, they just simply shipped that item out.

--They do not care about packaging, so when I received the products, the box was out of shape, the part of the bottle were broken.

--Bad customer service people, who is sitting there and will point the finger at you when problems happens ,'' sorry, but that was your fault''

--They sent me the wrong products.

--The products arrived leaked outside.

** I ordered 31 items - 2 used, 8 were damaged, 1 wrong product, 2 leaked. These and the rest were packed in a very bad condition box - which was used to ship fragile items. Who is caring here?

**They sent me an email saying sorry and blamed the shipping company for damaging the products.

The shipping product did their best to ship the products, and they did not change the content inside.

These guys should learn about customer service before doing business

olat16
4/9/19

I bought a bottle of Marc Jacobs perfume from them and it's fake. Doesn't last at all. So disappointed. Will stick with buying from departmental stores.

niroh
3/2/19

I ordered 3 perfumes.I've realized that it wasn't real, the smell didn't even last for a few seconds.Never buy anything again from this company. Waist of money. Very disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Don’t waist your money

mariap354
2/15/19

I'm terribly disappointed... I've bought Olympea of Paco Raban for several years and I'm pretty sure that it isn't the original.. I also bought Invictus for my partner..after few hours the perfume loses the strengths I'm sure this one is a fake imitation..

angelam451
1/22/19

Wouldn't buy from them again, as just am very particular about gift sets being in perfect condition, but this one was damaged but had to post it immediately to the Isle of man a.way. I think the gift set I bought (Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs) may have been returned to fragrance direct before as you could tell by the damage inside the box the perfume & cream had been removed and put back in again! Fragrance Direct did offer a refund or replacement, but that was to late.

johnr1299
12/24/18

I recently bought a few bottles of mens cologne from Fragrance Direct - Joop - Aramis - Paco Rabanne & Racing Green. The Aramis and Paco Rabanne smell of NOTHING!!! The Racing Green you have to spray on loads of it to get any smell - the Joop smells like Joop but doesnt last very long so obviously fake too. Spent £75 - my own fault, no such thing as a free lunch, should have bought 2 bottles of original for that money from duty free.....don't know how they get away with it.

sarahc481
12/6/18

I've never ordered from FragranceDirect before however I ordered a perfume, for my self and it arrived. I smelt it and the scent is totally different it's got like a alcoholic smell to it .I waited for it to set and I can't smell nothing it's like I'm smelling air and I don't know why I bothered buying it .Its just a waste of my money and it's not from u.k it's from France. I wont be buying from this website ever again .I've bought the brand I ordered before I know the smell and it's not authentic it's not the same so I thought I'd write this review so nobody goes through what I've been through and as a warning not to waste you're money .

garym468
11/8/18

Stay away I bought items that came nothing like there picture and absolutely without doubt copies. Bed head Shampoo and conditioner retuned the product straight away.

lorrainek40
11/4/18

I bought juicy perfume sprayed it after less than 5 minutes you can't smell it anymore! Selling expired perfumes stay away

natc26
10/26/18

Buyer beware. I recently ordered Boss Orange aftershave for this site. The scent fades soon after application and there's no trace of the smell on clothes worn after a few hours. Terrible to sell fake goods to a trusting general public.

sabrinad34
7/22/18

I have read few negative comments and I think is unfair, contacted costumers services really kind & helpful in every way. The free delivery come with a tracking number, I knew exactly the delivery date, I choose the gift packaging excellent, the product is authentic it was 200 mil Boss blue night and it does smell as the one I bought in Harrods but much cheaper. Why I am writing this review because some people are hinting the perfumes dont smell right.
I am happy with it

terrib138
7/2/18

I got an email offering free eye cream gift timed at 7.30am and so @ midday I went online to order over £260 of goods yet at checkout no eye cream. When I phoned I got told that theyd sold out and there was nothing they were prepared to do. Theyre attitude was too bad, not interested. There was no apology, no solution offered and the guy could not care less I would not use them again. Awful service

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company

anil190
3/4/18

the order hasn't even arrived. I paid for express delivery as well. I needed the products today and I don't, I'm very disappointed.

borism34
3/1/18

Good promotion on fake perfumes ! The smell is the same but it fade away after 1-2 hours !!! Total scam!

henryc77
1/25/18

I ordered for a special birthday was utterly disappointed when my order never arrived so I phoned told them my order was very late and they apologised and said they would be my order out that day or the latest the next day the 25 January now had email saying my order will not be delivered until the 26 January this is frustrating annoying and totally unacceptable never even had an email to say your order is going to be late in the beginning will never use this company again so unreliable

temim
10/9/17

I ordered an item online, and received a different one. When I called up, the lady was friendly, but said the images on the website are for 'illustration purposes'. I base my purchase on what I see! So I wouldn't recommend this website, as the items pictured may not be what you reiceive. It's a bit of a lottery. Now I have to faff around returning the item. Disappointed.

valentinai2
9/7/17

Just I started with this service but really I'm very disappointed about services. Not even know after 6 days I didn't receive my package and was paid for track 2-4 days....where is my package order????

vikik1
8/21/17

Stay away from this web site, received my ordered parfumes and been very disapointed, bottle look so cheap, bits inside the bottle!!!

danj57
1/22/17

stay away from this shop (fragrancedirect.co.uk).they sell fake perfumes. their prices are low ,that is a trap.

safak2
1/4/17

Very disappointed never been in this position before the products looks bit old and opened and when I checked the codes I found out majority of them are expired . I wanted to return them but I didn't have time so I'm not sure what to do with them now .

emmag19
11/30/16

Some brilliant prices on this website, and order arrived quickly and in good condition.

mava2
6/6/16

Bear in mind the company sells discontinued or excess lines, so it's no frills here, so when it's sold out, it's gone. I've used them a couple of times and the service is good, but could be better.

Sometimes the website isn't updated, and items go out of stock, or a photo isn't accurate, but given the huge discounts this can be over looked. Delivery isn't fast, but arrives within the allotted time (within 5 working days). You have to make it worthwhile to place an order as free delivery is when you order £40 or sometimes a promotion when they lower the threshold to £20.

melaniem27
10/9/15

Don't bother to send an item to Europe! If Fragrance Direct has a problem, they won't accept responsibility and will blame DPD. I ordered a birthday present for a friend on 23.09.15, paying for their express delivery to Norway, in advance, with extra time added incase of delays. I noticed by the due date of delivery, my parcel had still not arrived. When I first called DPD, they informed me that they had attempted to make contact with them on the 24th via email as there was a problem with their invoice (VAT number missing ect) When I called Fragrance Direct to enquire why I have to follow up on my own parcel and what DPD had informed me, their initial response was, they had not received any email from Dpd and they will rectify the problem. I waited till that afternoon and still no movement on my parcel. I called DPD again. They informed me the Fragrance Direct person didn't faxed a correct invoice to them but asked them to fill in the missing information on the old invoice? That's not allowed as the invoice has to be printed by the senders company. At this point I was very upset and annoyed! How hard can it be to forward a complete, correct invoice??? Incompetence on all levels!!! I was still reeling that both parties were laying blame on each other. However DPD then emailed me a "screen shot" of the initial contact via email regarding the 24th! What liars? When I called FD again demanding why they are not taking responsibility and that I have proof that DPD is not to blame, the operations manager opted to resolve the situation! Till this day, my parcel has still not reached my friend for his birthday (express delivery is 3-5 days) and to add insult, Fragrance Direct has recalled their parcel two days ago and has emailed me to inform me that they have given a refund.

No perfumes and aerosols can't be shipped out of country's due to the regulations

By Aaron W.

No because areosoles and perfumes can't be imported or shipped due to regulations certain things can't be shipped as fragrance direct is based in the UK

By Aaron W.

Questions? Get answers from the FragranceDirect.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for FragranceDirect.co.uk