Fragrance Direct

Fragrance Direct has a consumer rating of 1.83 stars from 53 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Fragrance Direct most frequently mention customer service problems. Fragrance Direct ranks 171st among Perfume sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 15.4%
How would you rate Fragrance Direct?

“God service and fast delivery”

Jane P.
7/29/20

I was amazed to read the Fragrance Direct has such a low rating. I have bought from them a number of times and am always impressed by the ease of using the website, and the speed of delivery. I have never had cause to return an item, so can't comment on that. I find the prices are competitive, and I have found no fault with the goods, which always arrive well packed. I can easily recommend Fragrance Direct as a company that has never let me down.

“Scam roulette”

Re V.
12/9/20

Order since November still is not dispatched, I've got excuses like "black friday's fault" or "Royal mail's fault". I was told to wait until "magic" day comes, so I could cancel the order, though they took my money already and admit order is not dispatched, but I have to wait ayway. I've already written reviews on other websites, for example, on Trustpilot, where fake good reviews appear the next minute after one real bad is posted. So, obviously, bad review is drown down and nobody sees it.

rev4
December 9th, 2020

dw572
June 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

Their website tells untruths. On the front page it simply says 'Free shipping over £25' but I was still charged. Apparently this is because you have to enter a code, but that is not made clear on the front page which was all I looked at. Apparently on page 309 (or something lol) of the T&Cs it says about this, but who reads that. I just trust the front page, but don't trust these guys ever.

bobbyc127
March 6th, 2020

Paid extra for fast delivery so I can get my item on time. Took 4 days to do the dispatch so I ended up having the present I intended to give to my friend several days later. The only company in the world that doesn't advise an estimated dispatch time anywhere on the website or mention it will take days or weeks when you place the order. Also the only UK so called company taking more than 2 days tk dispatch an item in my experience

borism34
March 1st, 2018

Good promotion on fake perfumes! The smell is the same but it fade away after 1-2 hours! Total scam!

janep247
July 29th, 2020

cp290
May 14th, 2021

Box seemed genuine and was wrapped in cellophane. The bottle was made of acrylic and had rough edges. I've been using Hugo Boss Femme for years but this smelt nothing like it. Washed it off after ten minutes. I certainly wouldn't buy from them again.

anderst5
June 5th, 2020

Poor custom service. Confusing website, say they ship worldwide. But no. They should train their custom service and those who work the chat. Bad product. Stay away from Fragrance Direct

patb526
December 15th, 2020

I ordered a couple of perfumes and a bracelet came free with one of them. Thought it would be a nice touch for a teenager but guess what, when it arrived no bracelet. I was asked to take a picture of the box without the bracelet. Avoid this company folks. Said they didn't have anyomre bracelets to send and i could return the perfumes at my expense.

marleym13
December 29th, 2020

Ordered my aftershave with next day before 4pm delivery and 4 days later it still hasn't come, and my royal mail tracker has said it's being prepared by the sender for the past 2 days. Would not recommend people shop here and I will be buying from this site again.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use it.

Products used:
Aftershave

mava2
June 6th, 2016

Bear in mind the company sells discontinued or excess lines, so it's no frills here, so when it's sold out, it's gone. I've used them a couple of times and the service is good, but could be better.

Sometimes the website isn't updated, and items go out of stock, or a photo isn't accurate, but given the huge discounts this can be over looked. Delivery isn't fast, but arrives within the allotted time (within 5 working days). You have to make it worthwhile to place an order as free delivery is when you order £40 or sometimes a promotion when they lower the threshold to £20.

temim
October 9th, 2017

I ordered an item online, and received a different one. When I called up, the lady was friendly, but said the images on the website are for 'illustration purposes'. I base my purchase on what I see! So I wouldn't recommend this website, as the items pictured may not be what you reiceive. It's a bit of a lottery. Now I have to faff around returning the item. Disappointed.

juliat169
December 11th, 2020

Ignore any bad reviews I got a bottle of £55 perfume for £35 free delivery. When i panicked and chased the delivery it was on my doorstep the next day. I smell amazing! Thankyou perfume direct

yummyg
May 26th, 2021

The bad reviews boggled my mind! The delivery was quick (royal mail special delivery) & the products are definitely authentic.

sharont450
August 10th, 2020

I bought ladies Eau de perfume La Vie est belle which was very expensive. I could not smell anything on spraying total fakes

virginiao25
November 6th, 2019

I am not sure why so many bad reviews as I've never had a problem and love all the products purchased for my Christmas presents and for myself. Please give this company a break and see for yourself.

martinc503
December 12th, 2020

Bought CK Euphoria EDP 100ml for my wife's birthday from Fragrance Direct on 1/6/20. This is clearly not the genuine article. You can hardly smell it. Needs a lot more sprays and fades quickly. My wife has used this perfume for years so knows what is right.
Avoid Fragrance Direct!

marinae29
January 15th, 2021

They will not issue a refund, only store gift card. If there is an issue with your parcel, they simply ignore you for weeks and then say we cannot issue refund only store credit. I do not need store credit as I had to buy replacement elsewhere. Money stuck now with these fraudsters.

sabrinad34
July 22nd, 2018

I have read few negative comments and I think is unfair, contacted costumers services really kind & helpful in every way. The free delivery come with a tracking number, I knew exactly the delivery date, I choose the gift packaging excellent, the product is authentic it was 200 mil Boss blue night and it does smell as the one I bought in Harrods but much cheaper. Why I am writing this review because some people are hinting the perfumes dont smell right.
I am happy with it

le149
December 10th, 2020

I do not believe the perfumes are genuine. I ordered a Jean Paul guiltier original for my mother (this is her signature perfume). When I received it I compared it to one I had purchased from the high street and the difference in colour was significantly lighter I was shocked. If you purchase this perfume regularly you would know they can differ slightly in colour but not to this extreme. It looked like water with a scent, it was either not genuine or had been watered down. The smell was the same but the staying power didn't last long at all (maybe 2 hours). I called up on the day I received the item to state my concerns and the customer service rep just said return it so that's what I did. I will give them one star for the fact the return process was easy for me and the money arrived back in my account within a week of sending it back. I will not be purchasing from them ever again.

Photo attached is the high street one on the left and fragrance direct on the right ( I'm aware the curtain behind the high street one is darker but to the naked eye it made no difference the fragrance direct perfume is significantly lighter regardless)

emmag19
November 30th, 2016

Some brilliant prices on this website, and order arrived quickly and in good condition.

maureenu7
February 13th, 2020

I've been ordering from fragrance direct for a couple of years now. I often thought my prada perfumes were really weak and lost their small after a short time. I've ordered prada Luna rossa for my husband and sons on more than one occasion. They agree with me you have to use about 20 sprays to actually smell it and then the smell just disappears. I don't know why I carried on reordering. I won't be in the future. It's far too expensive to be fake or imitation. I've spent hundreds of pounds with this company. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves ripping people off like this, especially at Christmas which is when I and many others order for Christmas presents. Prada is a very strong distinct fragrance. Not the pathetic excuse for a fragrance you offer and supply. Just out to con people. Disgusting.

kadiw
November 26th, 2014

This place is amazing! I upon seeing prices expected damaged good but noooo pristine condition beautiful discount perfume! I am addicted to Fragrance direct! And I have never ever been able to find anywhere that beats them on price. For all christmas shopping i strongly suggest giving them a look:-) great delivery and just amazballs all round:-)

katerinau
September 26th, 2014

All the perfumes are original and last long. I love their promotions and the quick delivery.
The only thing which I would really improve if I would be the owner of fragrancedirect, I would ship all the the orders over 20 pounds for free.
If you ever think of buying your fav perfume online, go to fragrancedirect!

kumarm
March 14th, 2011

I like them... i found them last year when my sis needed a specific perfume which i couldnt find on amazon or in any highstreet shops... and they had it and also at the cheapest price than anywhere else... and this site has got lots of fragrances men and women really cheap priced and their delivery within Uk is only £1.95 which is cheaper than amazon or other sites...

annau195
January 26th, 2021

Warning. FAKE.The company does not care, they will send you to the manufacturer Cody if you claim fraud. They will NOT inspect the bottles themselves. 1. look at the amount in the bottle. 2 look at the "Cool Water" its written in the wrong font! 3 Look under "Cool water", its not written "woman" 4 Look under the (top) shape its flat surfaces not round. I did get my money back but not for the shipping. I also ordered a euphoria that was equally bad in smell and with fake metal covering. I spoke to a investigator of fake parfumes who confirmed that a real euphoria always has real metal covering. Fragrance Direct did not accept this review on their site.

No perfumes and aerosols can't be shipped out of country's due to the regulations

By Aaron W.