Fragrance Direct

Fragrance Direct has a consumer rating of 1.9 stars from 40 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Fragrance Direct also ranks 118th among Perfume sites. The most common issues with Fragrance Direct are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Fragrance Direct?

“God service and fast delivery”

Jane P.
7/29/20

I was amazed to read the Fragrance Direct has such a low rating. I have bought from them a number of times and am always impressed by the ease of using the website, and the speed of delivery. I have never had cause to return an item, so can't comment on that. I find the prices are competitive, and I have found no fault with the goods, which always arrive well packed. I can easily recommend Fragrance Direct as a company that has never let me down.

“Caused embarasment”

Bobby C.
3/6/20

Paid extra for fast delivery so I can get my item on time. Took 4 days to do the dispatch so I ended up having the present I intended to give to my friend several days later. The only company in the world that doesn't advise an estimated dispatch time anywhere on the website or mention it will take days or weeks when you place the order. Also the only UK so called company taking more than 2 days tk dispatch an item in my experience

bobbyc127
March 6th, 2020
mava2
June 6th, 2016
Bear in mind the company sells discontinued or excess lines, so it's no frills here, so when it's sold out, it's gone. I've used them a couple of times and the service is good, but could be better.

Sometimes the website isn't updated, and items go out of stock, or a photo isn't accurate, but given the huge discounts this can be over looked. Delivery isn't fast, but arrives within the allotted time (within 5 working days). You have to make it worthwhile to place an order as free delivery is when you order £40 or sometimes a promotion when they lower the threshold to £20.
anderst5
June 5th, 2020
Poor custom service. Confusing website, say they ship worldwide. But no. They should train their custom service and those who work the chat. Bad product. Stay away from Fragrance Direct
borism34
March 1st, 2018
Good promotion on fake perfumes! The smell is the same but it fade away after 1-2 hours! Total scam!
janep247
July 29th, 2020
sharont450
August 10th, 2020
I bought ladies Eau de perfume La Vie est belle which was very expensive. I could not smell anything on spraying total fakes
emmag19
November 30th, 2016
Some brilliant prices on this website, and order arrived quickly and in good condition.
maureenu7
February 13th, 2020
I've been ordering from fragrance direct for a couple of years now. I often thought my prada perfumes were really weak and lost their small after a short time. I've ordered prada Luna rossa for my husband and sons on more than one occasion. They agree with me you have to use about 20 sprays to actually smell it and then the smell just disappears. I don't know why I carried on reordering. I won't be in the future. It's far too expensive to be fake or imitation. I've spent hundreds of pounds with this company. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves ripping people off like this, especially at Christmas which is when I and many others order for Christmas presents. Prada is a very strong distinct fragrance. Not the pathetic excuse for a fragrance you offer and supply. Just out to con people. Disgusting.
masuma1
August 4th, 2020
I ordered Davioff cool water. But I found only water in the bottle. Did not find a little smell. I had to return the parcel and paid 18 euro for postage cost. They only returned my product cost. Never again
kayl159
May 27th, 2020
I wouldn't order from here! What I ordered barely lasted an hour and I spent a good amount. Contacted them and they refused to accept them back
chrisn263
September 21st, 2019
200mls CK Shock EDT for £24 seemed too good to be true... It was.
Almost certainly non authentic. Perfume disappears almost immediately. I won't return item. Too much hassle.
Delivery time good. Well packaged. Otherwise immensely disappointing.
I do not recommend this company. Leave alone.
angelam451
January 22nd, 2019
Wouldn't buy from them again, as just am very particular about gift sets being in perfect condition, but this one was damaged but had to post it immediately to the Isle of man a. Way. I think the gift set I bought (Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs) may have been returned to fragrance direct before as you could tell by the damage inside the box the perfume & cream had been removed and put back in again! Fragrance Direct did offer a refund or replacement, but that was to late.
temim
October 9th, 2017
I ordered an item online, and received a different one. When I called up, the lady was friendly, but said the images on the website are for 'illustration purposes'. I base my purchase on what I see! So I wouldn't recommend this website, as the items pictured may not be what you reiceive. It's a bit of a lottery. Now I have to faff around returning the item. Disappointed.
mariap354
February 15th, 2019
I'm terribly disappointed... I've bought Olympea of Paco Raban for several years and I'm pretty sure that it isn't the original. I also bought Invictus for my partner. After few hours the perfume loses the strengths I'm sure this one is a fake imitation..
lornak77
September 20th, 2019
I purchased Guccu Premiére for myself and Emporior Aramani for my brother and to my horror they are just cheap fake and orderless.

WHAT A Scam! I called Customer Service who didn't sound surprised or helpful at all. He just told me to print the return label and post with a note even though I have destroyed original packaging. I am finding it impossible to print the return label which apparently should present with a barcode.

What a waste of my hard earned money!

Never Again!
olat16
April 9th, 2019
I bought a bottle of Marc Jacobs perfume from them and it's fake. Doesn't last at all. So disappointed. Will stick with buying from departmental stores.
virginiao25
November 6th, 2019
I am not sure why so many bad reviews as I've never had a problem and love all the products purchased for my Christmas presents and for myself. Please give this company a break and see for yourself.
mariem271
April 30th, 2019
BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING WITH THIS COMPANY. IT'S SAYS FREE DELIVERY OVER £20 AND OVER £50 INTERNATIONAL. YOU DON'T GET THIS AUTOMATICALLY AND IF YOU HAVE USED ANOTHER PROMO CODE, YOU DON'T GET IT AT ALL. IT IS FALSE ADVERTISING REALLY, JUST WHEN YOU SPEND AN HOUR SHOPPING, YOU DISCOVER AT CHECKOUT THAT YOU'RE NOT GETTING FREE DELIVERY. COMPLAINED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT THEY ARE WORSE THAN USELESS, DIDN'T CARE. WON'T BE BACK IN A HURRY!
terrib138
July 2nd, 2018
I got an email offering free eye cream gift timed at 7.30am and so@ midday I went online to order over £260 of goods yet at checkout no eye cream. When I phoned I got told that theyd sold out and there was nothing they were prepared to do. Theyre attitude was too bad, not interested. There was no apology, no solution offered and the guy could not care less I would not use them again. Awful service

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company

natc26
October 26th, 2018
Buyer beware. I recently ordered Boss Orange aftershave for this site. The scent fades soon after application and there's no trace of the smell on clothes worn after a few hours. Terrible to sell fake goods to a trusting general public.
johnr1299
December 24th, 2018
I recently bought a few bottles of mens cologne from Fragrance Direct - Joop - Aramis - Paco Rabanne & Racing Green. The Aramis and Paco Rabanne smell of NOTHING! The Racing Green you have to spray on loads of it to get any smell - the Joop smells like Joop but doesnt last very long so obviously fake too. Spent £75 - my own fault, no such thing as a free lunch, should have bought 2 bottles of original for that money from duty free... don't know how they get away with it.
paulc778
July 9th, 2019
I decided I would treat myself this month by topping up my aftershave collection.

I then came across Fragrance Direct.

Usually I buy my aftershaves from The Perfume Shop and after this experience I will continue to do so.

Browsing through a somewhat cumbersome user interface I selected the aftershaves I wanted. My total bill came to around £280.00 and I opted for their next day delivery service. I did not give two thoughts to the amount spent as it seemed like a good deal.

My order was placed at around 13:30 on Friday 5th July.

By around 16:00 on Saturday 6th July my delivery had still not arrived.

I called the customer service department and was told that due to the high-value of my order and being a first time customer my order was placed on a "list" to be vetted for fraud concerns.

What angers me is my order was taken, money left my account and a confirmation email was received shortly after the transaction took place however Fragrance Direct by placing me on this "list" knew they would be unable to fulfil their contractual obligations to me by ensuring the products were delivered within specified time-frame.

I therefore wasted an entire Saturday waiting in doors for a delivery which I had paid an additional premium for to arrive on that day which Fragrance Direct failed to honour.

Nobody from the company attempted to contact me after my order was placed to a) highlight any concerns b) request the necessary information so that my order could be completed c) to advise me that the delivery would not be happening on my desired date and d) offer an apology.

I was simply left in the dark believing my order would arrive which I consider very bad practice.

I have no problem with a company requesting further information as a safeguard against fraud. I welcome it so long as it is communicated accordingly and does not impair my purchase.

From,

An extremely dissatisfied customer
henryc77
January 25th, 2018
I ordered for a special birthday was utterly disappointed when my order never arrived so I phoned told them my order was very late and they apologised and said they would be my order out that day or the latest the next day the 25 January now had email saying my order will not be delivered until the 26 January this is frustrating annoying and totally unacceptable never even had an email to say your order is going to be late in the beginning will never use this company again so unreliable
hanhn8
April 20th, 2019
I wish there were 0 stars.

Please be careful when ordering any items from this website:

--They sent me used products - with fingerprint from someone who wanted to play with the product. And they did not check it, they just simply shipped that item out.

--They do not care about packaging, so when I received the products, the box was out of shape, the part of the bottle were broken.

--Bad customer service people, who is sitting there and will point the finger at you when problems happens,'' sorry, but that was your fault''

--They sent me the wrong products.

--The products arrived leaked outside.

** I ordered 31 items - 2 used, 8 were damaged, 1 wrong product, 2 leaked. These and the rest were packed in a very bad condition box - which was used to ship fragile items. Who is caring here?

**They sent me an email saying sorry and blamed the shipping company for damaging the products.

The shipping product did their best to ship the products, and they did not change the content inside.

These guys should learn about customer service before doing business
niroh
March 2nd, 2019
I ordered 3 perfumes. I've realized that it wasn't real, the smell didn't even last for a few seconds. Never buy anything again from this company. Waist of money. Very disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Don’t waist your money

No perfumes and aerosols can't be shipped out of country's due to the regulations

By Aaron W.