Review of FoamByMail

Macomb, MI 48044, US
carlo@foambymail.com

odieg6
4/3/19

I ordered 2 pieces of 7-inch thick foam to my customer. One of the cut foam was made of scrap foams glued together. I asked for refund for the defective foam cut and they refused to provide. Tried hard to talk to customer service about their quality and they are refusing to admit. Will dispute with he credit card company

betsyc13
9/21/17

Ordered new foam for my family room chairs. I followed the exact directions for measurements (measure the cover add 1"). When they arrived only 5 days after I ordered I was pleased. At first they seemed too big to fit but once I stuffed it was a perfect fit. They were well packaged, clean and they are very firm! I couldn't be happier with the product.

dianak44
8/5/17

Ordering new foam mattress for our camper was easy! They made it to the size I needed and shipped it fast. I'm glad I found this site. I definitely will use again!

steves386
7/28/17

New cushions for my RV dinette. Gave me advice on the foam type I needed, and delivered when I requested. Cushions cut to exact size and feel perfect.

michellen72
7/26/17

I am so glad we stumbled onto this site!! I was researching to buy a new bed, a California King. Prices for beds are not very budget or family friendly. My husband & I decided on the extra firm, he loves it but I needed a thin foam topper and it's great! We were so happy with our bed that we recently bought a mattress for our 15 yr. old son, our camper, and a foam piece for my outdoor bench seat. Love it !! So thankful for this company!!! Michelle, Montana customer =)

cindyt51
7/26/17

Our couch was getting very saggy and uncomfortable to sit on. I started looking online and found this site. Very easy to order my foam and had the padding around it. Now my couch looks new again!! Highly recommend this company.

devonj8
7/26/17

I needed new foam for my couch and looked at buying it locally. I wanted really high quality, denser foam and was able to get it via foam factory. I placed my order online then called to confirm and it arrived within a week and was cut accurately. Honestly, looking at some of these negative reviews... I think the process of buying something like cushion or manufacturing foam is very different from buying a finished consumer product... It kind of requires you not to be a moron, to do some research and read a bit about compression measurements, and to know how to cut and glue to get what you want. My foam was cut to within a 1/4 inch and was packaged fine. I wanted some special angles, which I cut myself with a serrated knife and it was very simple. I ordered the dacron wrap separate and cut and adhered myself, which was also very easy (again, as long as youre not an incompetent buffoon and you have minimal experience making things). I sewed new cushion covers after I got my foam, so I was able to customize and adjust measurements appropriately. 100% satisfied with my experience and I will order more foam from them if I ever need it!

peterm277
7/26/17

They sell products that are near identical to name brand acoustic foam for a fraction of the cost. I have had their foam hanging for over a year and no deformations or discolorations have appeared. Highly recommend their stuff.

pierreb36
7/20/17

Web site provided great selection of chair templates to exact foam fitting. Additional option at great value.

Pierre
Canada

margareta69
7/20/17

I wanted some shorter mattresses to put on the floor at Christmastime when the families arrive. I couldn't find any suitable ones in the local stores. FoamByMail was so helpful. I appreciated the advice they gave me by phone. The prices were decent. The mattresses came in a reasonable time. Everything was good about this transaction. I recommend.

dougs83
7/20/17

FoamByMail is now on my "Trusted Vendor" list for sure. The educational part of their web site is very helpful in making the correct choices. We have placed three orders with them so far, with full satisfaction. On the last order, I made a mistake and they corrected it for me. I spoke on the phone with a very helpful young women who told me they had received my email and it was taken care of. After that I got a confirmation email of the correction. The products are excellent and the customer service was especially appreciated. FoamByMail will be our "go to" trusted vendor in the future.

Tip for consumers: Study the educational section and look at each category carefully. There are a lot of options, so I found screen captures helped me review before submitting my order.

mikes570
7/20/17

I have a small bed that needs a small mattress and had trouble finding a solution. Once I found this site it was very easy to use and order the exact size I needed and at a very competitive and reasonable price.

matthewj46
7/19/17

We have a couch that has gotten very saggy and my wife hated it. We had spent a fair amount of money on it but didn't realize that it was down stuffed. So it was also constantly stabbing us with feathers. I found foambymail by Google search and gave it a try. The custom cuts of foam wrapped in padding were easy to order. They fit perfectly and made the couch better than new. Highly recommend foambymail and will use again for myself.

zerizahm
7/12/17

I would like to thank everyone at FoamByMail for helping me with my custom order. The staff was professional and knowledgeable. Our cushion is better then when we received it. I also ordered another product and I am happy with it as well. I would definitely recommend Foam By Mail for anyone needing to replace foam cushions.

jackied68
7/12/17

I ordered a custom size mattress for an outdoor hanging day bed! I needed it within a couple of days. I contacted them after I placed the order as I forgot to state this and not only did they get it here a couple of days before I actually needed it the size was exactly as I ordered! Best customer service I have dealt with in years! We need more companies with this kind of service!

janetc108
7/12/17

I have ordered from Foam Factory on two separate occasions and both times I have received a product that I was satisfied with. They were both for a custom size with a custom cover. I do wish the custom cover was a little cheaper otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. The foam is good quality. The first one we use as a day bed and the second we use as a seat cushion at our owner's entry. I love the perfect fit and feel! I would buy from them again.

armidam1
7/12/17

I ordered the product to create some cushions for my porch area and I found that this company has the cheapest option with good reviews so I decided to buy it. The product was much better that I was expected. The foam rapidly took the original shape after I took it from the box. The delivery was on time too.

suzannem69
6/15/17

We purchased the Furniture Fix slats first and they didn't help at all. The problem wasn't the springs on the couch, but the foam in the cushions. Foam Factory has an easy-peasy website, the cushions were delivered faster than we expected, and our couch, which also serves nightly as a bed, is in better shape now than when we bought it. Thank you!

tannap
6/13/17

I needed a very firm mattress and I was on a tight budget. I literally searched for days online and came up with nothing, until I found FoamByMail. Thanks to FoamByMail, I now have the most perfect mattress I could ever imagine. To say that I am satisfied doesn't do justice to how happy I am. Add to that, they were half the price of their nearest competitor and shipping was free. I still can't believe I got this high-quality bed for such a good price. I would absolutely recommend this company to everyone. In my opinion, this is the ONLY place to buy a mattress!

simonep14
6/12/17

Horrible, horrible company with unacceptable customer service.

If only I had read all the angry reviews online BEFORE ordering from them... (Don't trust the 5-star reviews - apparently this company employs a practice of paying people to write flattering reviews.)

I bought two pieces of foam from them recently. Shipping was slow, and when I finally received the product, the thinner 1/4" foam sheet was damaged along the entire edge, and the thicker 1 1/2" piece was so hard and old, that a simple thumb pressure test remained in the foam without bouncing back.

A return and refund request was very poorly handled. Linda, the customer service rep, insisted on a 25% restocking fee and paid shipping by me - which would have cost $60, plus the $20 restocking fee - exceeding the total price I paid of $75.

No amount of negotiating or reasoning had any effect. I guess Foam by Mail doesn't value their customer happiness. Or their customers.
Avoid at all cost!!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company at all cost!

janellep4
6/7/17

I wanted to make some custom mattresses for our RV bed we designed. I wasn't sure which foam was best for my needs. I called and spoke with their staff who helped me tremendously and saved me money! My foam came right on time, was packaged very well and we are amazed by how comfortable our DIY mattress is. Couldn't be happier

josephb173
6/7/17

FoamByMail is the most cost effective solution to store your models. The pluck foam comes in different thicknesses and sizes that you can easily customize to fit any carrying case or tool box. I've used them so far to make carrying solutions for several people and they love the easy and look of the foam.

eldarg
6/7/17

Decent shipping time, the mattress is amazing and at a great price. I have some back issues, so I purchased the 5" LUX-HQ BaseFoam which is firmer and I highly recommend!

lisad222
Lisa D.
6/1/17

Could not be happier with FoamByMail. They answered all my questions, sent me samples, made the ordering process easy and painless, and delivered the product faster than I expected. The quality of the foam is great. Their prices are excellent. Overall, a great experience.

deboraho16
6/1/17

Have used this vendor multiple times and found the website easy to use. Was able to specify the kind of cushion I wanted made, it was constructed as specified, and delivered on time. Can't speak to the longevity of the newest one because I am having it upholstered now, but the ones we bought a few years ago are still in great shape. Comfortable with no perceptible sag.

We do have a blog that helps you put together a mattress like casper at a better price. See the blog below for details. https://www.foambymail.com/blog/diy-casper-foam-mattress/

By Carlo B., FoamByMail Representative

The closest we have is our shredded conventional foam, which is a mix of different colors.

By Carlo B., FoamByMail Representative
Questions? Get answers from the FoamByMail staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FoamByMail