Review of Fitbit

Tel: +1-415-513-1000
support@fitbit.com

ilyp
8/24/19

This watch and the company is are a joke sty a way form this product just waist of money i had min replaced 3 times in one year

teresab302
8/22/19

I wish they offer zero stars. This is my second fitbit. Both Christmas gifts so no receipt to get money back. Both died in a few months. I take excellent care of them and rarely sweat and I don't get in shower with it even though it says water proof. I follow directions closely yet they die anyway. All the troubleshooting doesn't work. All the hours I wasted reading, reading, reading, and READING on what to do and nothing. Support hung up on me twice because I couldn't type quickly enough for them to know I was still there. Claimed I took over 2 minutes but it was only a minute if that. I even asked the second guy to give an extra minute to find a wall usb outlet for troubleshoot that HE told me to do. He said ok, take your time and then hung up on me saying I was over 2 minutes, but I know I was not. I was watching the time. Then they blocked me where I can't use the chat anymore tonight. It says they are available until I put in my email login then suddenly unavailable. From my experience and what I've read of others, I don't advise anyone to waste their money on fitbit.

robertm624
8/20/19

I purchased a Fitbit Inspire HR to check my heart rate and steps walked. There are a host of other great functions that are included and quite useful. The size is terrific compared with a large, ungainly smart watch.

kew2
8/1/19

I've been with Fitbit for 5 years. Every few months there's an issue. I keep holding on hoping they'll redeem themselves because I love the Fitbit for the few months they actually work. I've had 4 different fitbits (charge, charge 2, blaze, versa). Same result for everyone. I finally give up and am going to invest in the apple watch for peace of mind.

chrish997
7/24/19

Have a fitbit charge 2 for over 2 years strap has broken 4 times. Daughter got fitbit ace for xmas strap broke a few weeks ago. Received a fitbit headphones for xmas battery was useless lasted less than an hour when stated to last for 4 hrs. Shocking product for the price you pay.

kk296
7/8/19

I mean who actually NEEDS a sweaty phobic piece of crap around their wrist telling them how far they walked or what they should be eating! I'm plenty active, and it's just a hassle to have on. It holds sweat up against your wrist and gets itchy. I did NOT purchase it, my daughter did for a gift..when all I wanted was a cheap little watch. Interesting FACT, my device suddenly would not charge at all and I also suddenly began getting constant emails from FITBIT with coupons and discounts to purchase a new one! haha, never happen, I'm consistently active and it's a no need purchase waste of money

carlaj43
6/26/19

Who doesn't have a repair shop?

Well Fitbit don't!!
I bought my Fitbit Versa watch and within a week the screen cracked because of circumstances out of my control, but Fitbit just said : Sorry we don't have any repair shops and I should just buy myself a new one. As if it wasn't an expense watch already. Ughhh wish I rather took a Garmin watch.

nancyt308
6/21/19

Fitbit

I know how to charge my Fitbit.

The problem is that it will not hold the charge. The watch is only 13 months old. This is my third watch from Fitbit over the past several years. I have had issues with Fitbit watches. I went to a competitor and came back to Fitbit.

You have just lost me as a customer for the last time.

I will write a review on you web site of my bad experiences with your company.

Nancy T.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 4, 2019, at 5:48 AM, Fitbit <messages-noreply@fitbit.com> wrote:

Hi Nancy T.,

Your Charge 2 battery level is low. Charge your battery as soon as possible.

To charge:

1. Plug the charging cable into a USB port.
2. Clip the other end into the port on the back of the Fitbit Charge 2.
3. The pins on the charging cable must be lined up with the charging port on your tracker and securely locked into place.
4. When your tracker is correctly plugged into the charging cable, the battery icon appears.
5. While charging, the battery icon appears to be less than full.
6. When fully charged, the battery icon is full and solid.

Charging may take up to 2 hours, depending on the current power level.
Note that battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings and many other factors; actual results will vary.

Happy stepping!

For more information visit: http://www.fitbit.com/support

You're receiving this email at njtafoya@gmail.com because you have
elected to receive emails for Low Battery.
Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe.

evgeniyar2
6/18/19

Just know that this product is made for ONE YEAR. After one year your battery will be lasting for no more than 12 hours and Fitbit will tell you - tough luck! Money wasted

tracym325
6/15/19

I have purchased 2 fit bits within the last year. The Versa is suppose to to be water proof. However this is the second time I have had a problem with my Fitbit versa, after going in water. Fitbit does not stand behind their product and want you to spend money purchasing their product every years when your warranty is up. I will never purchase another Fitbit product ever

nickj106
6/11/19

I ordered the Fitbit Ionic directly from their site and they mailed it to the wrong address. Then, in two separate emails, I was told I need to contact Fedex and the post office to find out where it is, despite it was directly their fault for mailing it to the incorrect address. I suggest a Garmin or really ANY other product because their customer service is atrocious.

sagars31
6/4/19

My Fitbit Versa battery was starting to fail and even though my warranty expired a week ago, they are still sending me a free tracker. This is my third amazing experience with Fitbit Support! They will take care of you.!

berth38
5/31/19

after owning the Fitbit Versa for almost 5 months I cracked the glass.
Contacted Fitbit and found out that they do not replace the glass.
After paying $200.00 and some Fitbit watches cost more
Would you purchase a product from a company like this?
Biggest mistake that I ever made buying from this ????? company.

Tip for consumers: Check their warranty for length of time
Check their warranty for repairs after say 5 months.
I will never purchase another Fitbit product nor recommend it

tv43
5/25/19

Fitbit has really failed its customers. Soooooo many owners are experiencing product failure just beyond the 365 day warranty period. Fitbit just says 'thanks for letting us know. We invite you to buy another one.' No corporate responsibility whatsoever.
As a former Ionic owner I would never buy one of their products again. I am not the only one who feels like this. Frustrated ex-owners think this is such a huge scam. Either products made to fail, or just not fit for purpose. Just check out all of the complaints on their Fitbit community forum.

glendaw38
5/18/19

I Had a Fitbit charge 2 and like a dummy I wanted the change 3 because it was waterproof! Big Mistake!! It said yesterday that I did 84 flights of stairs when I did 21 and every exercise I do it says I didn't even have cardio!! It's a piece of crap!!! I'm removing stairs from my workouts because it's just way to crazy for me!!!

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hello Glenda,

We're sorry that you're seeing data inaccuracy with your Charge 3.

Your device uses both an accelerometer and altimeter to track floors, and registers a floor when detecting continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet.

Your device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. We recommend that you wear your device loosely during exercise.

If you want to remove floors from your account, see: help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306.

With regard to your exercise that didn't have cardio, please fill us in with more details of the issue and we'll further assist.

We hope to hear from you soon.

kathym230
5/14/19

Pre-ordered the Charge 3...paid full price. Wouldn't pay $1.00 for one now. Very unreliable, less than 9 months old and it flipflops step numbers all day long. And customer service ... forget it. Run fast away from fitbit! Twice yesterday it had these readings: 2:19 13,952, 2:27 7006 7:04 28,315 7:05 14,174. And they will do nothing to fix or replace. Lovely

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Kathy,

Sorry to hear about the steps inaccuracy you're experiencing with your Charge 3.

Please allow us to review your engagement with our team by providing us with your case number.

bm226
4/22/19

The Fitbit Inspire HR is inaccurate. When I complained again and again, I was told that it tracks things like wrist movements while working at a computer as steps. It added hundreds of steps and lots of mileage when I was completely sedentary, like reading the paper. Fitbit refused to replace it, although it was less than 30 days old, This Fitbit is a piece of crap. Fitbit customer service sucks. I have called them, and emailed them, and get nowhere. It added over 300 steps today when I was driving my car home from an appointment. I was told by customer service that that is because driving is movement. The fitbit is supposed to be an exercise tracker. Driving my car is NOT exercise. I don't want it adding steps when I drive my car. I am returning this piece of $#*! for a refund. Don't buy it. Fitbit is dishonest and customer service is no help.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi there,

This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have with the Inspire HR.

Please allow us to provide assistance here. It's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist as it affects the sensitivity of step counting. You can learn more by visiting this article: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1136#wrist.

With regard to driving, your device has been tested against driving and riding in buses, trains, and other public transportation and shouldn’t add steps when you’re traveling under normal conditions. On bumpy roads or in a car with a stiff transmission, your device may add some steps and you can delete them by following these instructions: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306#steps.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. In case you'd like us to review your support case, let us have you case number so we can proceed.

ashleym423
4/17/19

I purchased an Ionic for $250.00 in October 2017. At first, the battery was great. You could get about 5 days out of it. However, by June 2018, there were issues with both the battery and the screen. FitBit makes you go through a series of basic steps (reset, charge in a different outlet or through a PC). Really, it's just some textbook steps you've certainly already tried. Naturally, those didn't work so FitBit replaced my Ionic in the summer of 2018. Now, just 10 months later, the new Ionic will not hold a charge for more than 24 hours. If you want to spend $250 every 8-10 months, this is the tracker for you. Otherwise, please spend your money on a better product.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Ashley,

We're sorry for our late reply about your experience with the Ionic.

Please make sure you have reached back to our team at contact.fitbit.com so we can have your Ionic's battery performance checked.

Let us know if you have any questions.

christ8458
4/11/19

Paid for a Fitbit along with two day shipping as a birthday gift. Four business days later, there was no Fitbit. My friend's birthday came and went, still no Fitbit. I contacted them via online chat. NO apology, NO explanation - they stated that "the order was processed today and it was shipping out the next day." I asked for a refund of the shipping cost and was told "since it had not yet been charged to my credit card, they could not refund the shipping."

At this point, I am wondering why Fitbit's customer service is not more apologetic and also wondering if I really want to deal with them if the product has any problems. I tell them to cancel the order, since it has not been charged to my credit card or shipped yet. They refuse to cancel the order "because it has already been processed."

Long story short: They shipped the product the next day (OR SO THEY SAY) and it arrived at my home (OR SO THEY SAY) while we were not home for a few days in a row. I never saw it. I refuted the charge on my credit card. Fitbit sent the tracking number to my bank to "prove" it arrived at my home and the bank denied my refund. The tracking number means nothing in terms of me having it in my hand and it would normally be the seller's responsibility to file for insurance when a package just goes missing. But Fitbit is no normal seller!! PLEASE save yourself the aggravation of dealing with Fitbit and buy a different product from a different manufacturer!!! Judging by these reviews, many people agree! Just looked up their BBB rating. They have 772 complaints in the last three years. It takes consistently poor business practices to make that many people angry enough to file a complaint.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Chris,

We sincerely apologize for the experience.

Though it's been a while since you left this review, we'd like to see how your case was handled as we always look into opportunities to improve our customer service. Please provide us with your case number so we can proceed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

joanh176
3/25/19

I have been a Fitbit user for a number of years. I love my Fitbit EXCEPT that I dislike the way the band attaches. I would prefer a permanent band rather than one that is interchangeable. I have had to glue the band back on my Charge 2 twice so far. It is annoying and it also means I can't wear it for a day or so while the glue dries. Is there a Fitbit that has a permanent, non-changable band? (Joan Henderson)

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Joan,

Thanks for the love!

Fitbit's older devices have non-changeable bands. We've expanded our line of accessories and that made our newer devices' band interchangeable.

To help you with your broken band, reach us at contact.fitbit.com. We'll continue assisting you from there.

Best,
rosemaryg46
2/26/19

I love my Fitbit; the "customer service" not so much. I've had a Fitbit for over four years with few to no problems, and I really appreciate the health benefits and awareness it has given me. All was going quite well until Fitbit froze my account, presumably because it had been hacked. I'm not clear on that. I wrote them asking for a password change, head nothing back, wrote again, heard nothing, wrote again, and again. Finally, this AM, I had an online Chat. Mikko helped me, and he seemed very nice. He explained that, although it takes 24 hours for a standard response from Fitbit, he would "bump" my issue to the front of the line. I expected to hear back immediately. I waited several hours and then called Customer Service. This call started out ok. A guy named Manuel read my chat with Mikko, came back and stated, in what felt quite accusatory tone, that I had not waited the 24 to 48 hours response time. He pretty much implied that I should know better. As a long-time Fitbit subscriber/evangelist, I'm appalled and saddened that they would treat a customer in such a cheesy fashion. I'm re-thinkiing my relationship with Fitbit. Although I hear the Apple watch is marvelous, I will miss my Fitbit buds and all the friendly competition.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Rosemary,

Please accept our sincerest apologies. This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have.

We'd like to request for your support case number so we can have a second look on your case. We'll pass you feedback along to our team so we can improve our service.

michaelz116
2/2/19

I ordered a Fitbit Alta HR on the Fitbit website as a Christmas gift last year in December. The company's warehouse had issues with their ordering system and did not ship my order out by Christmas even though I was told it would arrive by Christmas Eve. I ended up having to go through their customer service multiple times to try and confirm that my order would be shipped at all.

I ended up getting my product in mid-January, an entire month after I had ordered it. I had asked for expedited shipping to at least try and make up for the tardiness...Fitbit did not follow through on that.

To top all of that off, a week after I received my 1st order, I got charged a 2nd time by mistake for the same product and now have to deal with getting a refund for the wrong charge!

Is their Alta HR as advertised? Yes...but was it worth all the hassle I had? NO

Highly recommend you be cautious with buying directly from Fitbit.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Michael,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had.

Please share with us your support case number so we can have a second look on your case.

jamier164
1/18/19

My Flex 2 worked great...until Fitbit banned my IP address and I was unable to sync/ use my device on my home network. I contacted customer service twice by chat and once by phone over a period of about 2 months. I asked for specific examples of the risk my IP address posed and was not given any. Finally received a response by email saying that I should login to a different network or contact my internet provider for further information. Beyond annoyed. Don't bother with Fitbit. Get another tracker from a company that gives a hoot.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Jamie,

This is not the experience that we want you to have.

So we can review your engagement with your team, please provide us with your support case number. We would like to ensure your case was handled according to our processes.

raneea
Ranee A.
1/16/19

I tried a fitbit because they were part of a fad. I owned one in 2015/16. I enjoyed it for the first six months. I enjoyed seeing how many steps I got a day then I tried to break it the next day. The only thing i didn't like about it was that you required a phone or their wired wifi usb port to make it sync data. Every time it synced it lost steps. One day's steps went from 17,000 ending about 8,000 due to data loss. They kept stating that they'd fix it but here it was a year later (2016) and the glitch is still stealing steps. I gave up on it after that. I also cashier and found that instead of getting 10,000 steps a day it registered 30,000+ steps a day of arm swiping.

A few other things that irritated me:

I have sensitive skin to many different things. My wrists quickly developed a rash due to the cheap plastic ban. After six months of an irritating rash that took several more to recover from I ended up deciding just to leave it on my key chain.

The watch band is so cheap I kept loosing my fitbit left and right. Customer service is hell and lacks professionalism. Though I did get a replacement after I broke down in tears saying I spent two days looking for it. Only to find it dropped in the grocery bag some where thus ending up on my pantry shelves for a while.

Battery life isn't guaranteed. My fitbit battery only lasted about a year before it went dead.

I also found fitbit isn't 100% accurate. I did a walking loop that was at least an hour long and 5 miles. Some how it registered a quarter less if it was accurate.

I'm beginning to think these were a money making gimmic to pocket $200 from each person who wanted one only to realize their a piece of cr*ap.

No I would not recommend a fitbit.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Ranee,

We're sorry to hear about your experience.

If you haven't already done so, please visit this article for info and tips on Fitbit data accuracy: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1136.

We also suggest to check out our wear and care tips at fitbit.com/productcare to keep your skin happy and healthy.

You can reach out through any of our support channels at contact.fitbit.com if you'd like us to further look into the issue you're experiencing.

sandrac369
1/16/19

I have now been on line over 15 minutes waiting for someone to help me on my 3rd Fitbit Flex 2 that is not charging...

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Sandra,

Apologies for our late reply. We're now here to help you charge your Flex 2.

Our charging solutions in this article may help fix the issue: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1190. If it's a no go, please let us know by replying to us here or reach out to us via contact.fitbit.com.

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Fitbit staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Fitbit