Review of Fitbit

Tel: +1-415-513-1000
support@fitbit.com

bm226
4/22/19

The Fitbit Inspire HR is inaccurate. When I complained again and again, I was told that it tracks things like wrist movements while working at a computer as steps. It added hundreds of steps and lots of mileage when I was completely sedentary, like reading the paper. Fitbit refused to replace it, although it was less than 30 days old, This Fitbit is a piece of crap. Fitbit customer service sucks. I have called them, and emailed them, and get nowhere. It added over 300 steps today when I was driving my car home from an appointment. I was told by customer service that that is because driving is movement. The fitbit is supposed to be an exercise tracker. Driving my car is NOT exercise. I don't want it adding steps when I drive my car. I am returning this piece of $#*! for a refund. Don't buy it. Fitbit is dishonest and customer service is no help.

ashleym423
4/17/19

I purchased an Ionic for $250.00 in October 2017. At first, the battery was great. You could get about 5 days out of it. However, by June 2018, there were issues with both the battery and the screen. FitBit makes you go through a series of basic steps (reset, charge in a different outlet or through a PC). Really, it's just some textbook steps you've certainly already tried. Naturally, those didn't work so FitBit replaced my Ionic in the summer of 2018. Now, just 10 months later, the new Ionic will not hold a charge for more than 24 hours. If you want to spend $250 every 8-10 months, this is the tracker for you. Otherwise, please spend your money on a better product.

christ8458
4/11/19

Paid for a Fitbit along with two day shipping as a birthday gift. Four business days later, there was no Fitbit. My friend's birthday came and went, still no Fitbit. I contacted them via online chat. NO apology, NO explanation - they stated that "the order was processed today and it was shipping out the next day." I asked for a refund of the shipping cost and was told "since it had not yet been charged to my credit card, they could not refund the shipping."

At this point, I am wondering why Fitbit's customer service is not more apologetic and also wondering if I really want to deal with them if the product has any problems. I tell them to cancel the order, since it has not been charged to my credit card or shipped yet. They refuse to cancel the order "because it has already been processed."

Long story short: They shipped the product the next day (OR SO THEY SAY) and it arrived at my home (OR SO THEY SAY) while we were not home for a few days in a row. I never saw it. I refuted the charge on my credit card. Fitbit sent the tracking number to my bank to "prove" it arrived at my home and the bank denied my refund. The tracking number means nothing in terms of me having it in my hand and it would normally be the seller's responsibility to file for insurance when a package just goes missing. But Fitbit is no normal seller!! PLEASE save yourself the aggravation of dealing with Fitbit and buy a different product from a different manufacturer!!! Judging by these reviews, many people agree! Just looked up their BBB rating. They have 772 complaints in the last three years. It takes consistently poor business practices to make that many people angry enough to file a complaint.

joanh176
3/25/19

I have been a Fitbit user for a number of years. I love my Fitbit EXCEPT that I dislike the way the band attaches. I would prefer a permanent band rather than one that is interchangeable. I have had to glue the band back on my Charge 2 twice so far. It is annoying and it also means I can't wear it for a day or so while the glue dries. Is there a Fitbit that has a permanent, non-changable band? (Joan Henderson)

rosemaryg46
2/26/19

I love my Fitbit; the "customer service" not so much. I've had a Fitbit for over four years with few to no problems, and I really appreciate the health benefits and awareness it has given me. All was going quite well until Fitbit froze my account, presumably because it had been hacked. I'm not clear on that. I wrote them asking for a password change, head nothing back, wrote again, heard nothing, wrote again, and again. Finally, this AM, I had an online Chat. Mikko helped me, and he seemed very nice. He explained that, although it takes 24 hours for a standard response from Fitbit, he would "bump" my issue to the front of the line. I expected to hear back immediately. I waited several hours and then called Customer Service. This call started out ok. A guy named Manuel read my chat with Mikko, came back and stated, in what felt quite accusatory tone, that I had not waited the 24 to 48 hours response time. He pretty much implied that I should know better. As a long-time Fitbit subscriber/evangelist, I'm appalled and saddened that they would treat a customer in such a cheesy fashion. I'm re-thinkiing my relationship with Fitbit. Although I hear the Apple watch is marvelous, I will miss my Fitbit buds and all the friendly competition.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Rosemary,

Please accept our sincerest apologies. This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have.

We'd like to request for your support case number so we can have a second look on your case. We'll pass you feedback along to our team so we can improve our service.

michaelz116
2/2/19

I ordered a Fitbit Alta HR on the Fitbit website as a Christmas gift last year in December. The company's warehouse had issues with their ordering system and did not ship my order out by Christmas even though I was told it would arrive by Christmas Eve. I ended up having to go through their customer service multiple times to try and confirm that my order would be shipped at all.

I ended up getting my product in mid-January, an entire month after I had ordered it. I had asked for expedited shipping to at least try and make up for the tardiness...Fitbit did not follow through on that.

To top all of that off, a week after I received my 1st order, I got charged a 2nd time by mistake for the same product and now have to deal with getting a refund for the wrong charge!

Is their Alta HR as advertised? Yes...but was it worth all the hassle I had? NO

Highly recommend you be cautious with buying directly from Fitbit.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Michael,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had.

Please share with us your support case number so we can have a second look on your case.

jamier164
1/18/19

My Flex 2 worked great...until Fitbit banned my IP address and I was unable to sync/ use my device on my home network. I contacted customer service twice by chat and once by phone over a period of about 2 months. I asked for specific examples of the risk my IP address posed and was not given any. Finally received a response by email saying that I should login to a different network or contact my internet provider for further information. Beyond annoyed. Don't bother with Fitbit. Get another tracker from a company that gives a hoot.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Jamie,

This is not the experience that we want you to have.

So we can review your engagement with your team, please provide us with your support case number. We would like to ensure your case was handled according to our processes.

raneea
Ranee A.
1/16/19

I tried a fitbit because they were part of a fad. I owned one in 2015/16. I enjoyed it for the first six months. I enjoyed seeing how many steps I got a day then I tried to break it the next day. The only thing i didn't like about it was that you required a phone or their wired wifi usb port to make it sync data. Every time it synced it lost steps. One day's steps went from 17,000 ending about 8,000 due to data loss. They kept stating that they'd fix it but here it was a year later (2016) and the glitch is still stealing steps. I gave up on it after that. I also cashier and found that instead of getting 10,000 steps a day it registered 30,000+ steps a day of arm swiping.

A few other things that irritated me:

I have sensitive skin to many different things. My wrists quickly developed a rash due to the cheap plastic ban. After six months of an irritating rash that took several more to recover from I ended up deciding just to leave it on my key chain.

The watch band is so cheap I kept loosing my fitbit left and right. Customer service is hell and lacks professionalism. Though I did get a replacement after I broke down in tears saying I spent two days looking for it. Only to find it dropped in the grocery bag some where thus ending up on my pantry shelves for a while.

Battery life isn't guaranteed. My fitbit battery only lasted about a year before it went dead.

I also found fitbit isn't 100% accurate. I did a walking loop that was at least an hour long and 5 miles. Some how it registered a quarter less if it was accurate.

I'm beginning to think these were a money making gimmic to pocket $200 from each person who wanted one only to realize their a piece of cr*ap.

No I would not recommend a fitbit.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Ranee,

We're sorry to hear about your experience.

If you haven't already done so, please visit this article for info and tips on Fitbit data accuracy: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1136.

We also suggest to check out our wear and care tips at fitbit.com/productcare to keep your skin happy and healthy.

You can reach out through any of our support channels at contact.fitbit.com if you'd like us to further look into the issue you're experiencing.

sandrac369
1/16/19

I have now been on line over 15 minutes waiting for someone to help me on my 3rd Fitbit Flex 2 that is not charging...

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Sandra,

Apologies for our late reply. We're now here to help you charge your Flex 2.

Our charging solutions in this article may help fix the issue: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1190. If it's a no go, please let us know by replying to us here or reach out to us via contact.fitbit.com.

johw
1/10/19

I have enjoyed the actual watch itself but I am about to purchase my 4th watch band.
The original watch band lasted 13 months only. Fitbit do not support their own product with replacement bands so I bought a cheap replacement on line. These are no better or worse than the original band from Fitbit.
My watch is now stuck together with sticky tape.
I found courteous lip service to my enquires at first then silence. I will not spend any more money on Fitbit devices.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Joh,

We're sorry to see your Fitbit Surge in this condition.

Though the band isn't interchangeable, we may be able to look for a way to help you. We're not sure if you've already contacted our team via contact.fitbit.com, but if you haven't yet, we recommend doing so.

We'll do our best to help you get back on track.

chrissys24
1/1/19

I have no complaints about my fitbit Versa. However, the customer service has been absolutely terrible! 2 weeks ago someone hacked my account and changed the email address associated with my account. In doing so they also changed the time zone so my watch shows the wrong time & I cannot log into my app. I have been in contact with their cuatomer service 6 times since then. They have not fixed the issue and have not been willing to give me an estimated time as to when it will be fixed. This should be a simple fix and instead they have done nothing.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Chrissy,

Please accept our sincere apologies. This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have.

So we can review the status of your case, we would like to ask for your support case number.

sarahj357
12/31/18

Fitbit should be call $#*!bit. 3rd one cant last on batteries longer than a day. Absolutely awful worst product I've ever brought

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Sarah,

We're sorry to hear that your Fitbit device's battery is draining quickly.

Please reach out to us at contact.fitbit.com so we can check on the battery performance. We'll further assist you from there.

anitaf46
12/17/18

I called Fitbit and all they could do was offer me a 25% discount on a new one. This is what I get for not going with the Apple Watch.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Anita,

We're sorry to hear this.

It seems that your device isn't eligible for repair or replacement but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit. For more information about our warranty policy, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty.

We thank you for being a customer and hope that the discount will help keep you in the Fitbit family. If you have any other questions, please let us know here or via contact.fitbit.com.

mayad18
11/26/18

66% Bad and 19% Good....that says a lot. After reading most of the reviews, I see I'm not the only customer that is tired of the HORIBBLE customer service and DUMB 1 year warranty. I bought my Fitbit Versa back in May and just last month it stopped syncing and so then it would not update the new software. Well I send it back with the return lable they sent me and now it's been a month and have not received my replacement. I have been calling them but yet no positive outcome. I paid 200.00 for that piece of $#*! watch for it to stop working 5 months later. I have had numerous issues with the tracker and band on multiple watches. That lets me know that the company is cheap and they use cheap product. The way they are acting you would think that them sending me a new watch would send them into bankruptcy. I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER FITBIT PRODUCT FROM THIS MONEY STEALING CHEAP PRODUCT MAKING ASS COMPANY.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Maya,

This is definitely not the experience that we would like you to have. Please accept our sincere apologies.

In order for us to have a second look on your case, kindly provide us with your support case number. We will make sure to review and see if there is anything else that we can do for you.

We look forward to receiving your reply.

anthonyc369
11/4/18

must admit i loved my Fitbit, love the challenges, love the friends I made and loved the fact it kept me motivated to get steps in. Unfortunately the quality of the product falls well short of everyday use. With my first one the band kept falling apart, replaced two times within the warranty but last time was a month or so after warranty real out. So I upgraded for a 25% discount. Again nothing but issues with the band. Fortunately they could be replaced. After warranty ran out unit stopped working again silly me took a 25% discount and they replaced unit. What's the saying "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." not a third time. Done with Fitbit.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had.

There's always room for improvement in terms of quality and you can be assured that we're constantly looking to improve our products. We'll be sure that your feedback will be part of that process.

If you need assistance with anything, please feel free to get in touch with us at contact.fitbit.com.

Thanks for being a Fitbit customer.

billm464
10/21/18

I bought a new Charge 3 direct from Fitbit for my wife with advanced Alzheimers for sleep tracking. After a week or 2 the band fell apart at the clip. I called Fitbit and support had me send a picture of it with a case number. They said they had to escalate to Tech support. Now I am no rocket scientist but not a lot of technical support needed to replace a defective band. Than I got an email saying return the whole watch and after they got it they would ship a new one within 5 days plus shipping time. Than I got another email saying disregard the 1st email. Than I contacted them again asking what was going on. They said be patient it is again being escalated to tech support. So I am just going to buy a new band because I got rid of my Alta HR for this and really need the sleep tracker for her. So if you buy from Fitbit, just know you are on your own if something goes wrong.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Bill,

This is definitely not the experience that we would like you to have. Please accept our sincerest apology.

We reviewed your case (#27146876) and saw that your package to return the device to us is already in transit. Rest assured that our team will be monitoring this and process your replacement right away once the package is received in our warehouse.

We're hoping for your patience on this. We will make sure that your feedback will be relayed to our team to help improve our products and services.

If you have any questions, please let us know here or via contact.fitbit.com.

mikec667
10/20/18

Do not buy a Fitbit! I repeat, do not buy a Fitbit!! You have been warned! Bought a Charge HR a while ago, strap bubbled up and cane away from the unit, Fitbit acknowledged this was a design problem and replaced the unit with a new one - same problem with the replacement so clearly an inherent design fault, they refused to replace again due to the original one being out of warranty! Remarkable. A series of bland and obviously corporate replies to my ensls basically saying, tough, it's outside warranty so over to you. Ridiculous, pathetic, poor customer service, can not be trusted. Now bought another brand and telling everyone to avoid this dreadful company..

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hello Mike,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had.

You can be assured that we're constantly striving to improve our products and services.

Please allow us to review your engagement with our team by providing us with your support case number. We'd like to make sure your case was handled accordingly.

Hope to hear from you soon.

tonih70
10/16/18

I have had two different Fitbit designs and neither of them lasted an entire year. The first was one of the original and the charge dock came off and could not be fixed. The second one was the Fitbit Charge 2 and for no reason it just fell off my arm. The band came apart from the watch. I will not waste anymore money on these poorly designed fitness trackers. Even if something cost a lot more moneyit will be worth it to have something lthat will last at least a year and hopefully longer. NEVER buying this product again!!!!

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Toni,

We're sorry to hear about your experience.

Rest assured that we're always striving to improve our products and services.

For now, please reach out to us at contact.fitbit.com and we'll see what we can do to turn your experience around.

susanf296
9/23/18

I bought the fitbit Versa and was really shocked that when the charger was plugged into my computer it heated up and has damaged my computer.
Fitbit is going to replace the fitbit but i am still waiting to hear back about my computer.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Susan,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had with the Versa.

If you haven't heard from our team, you can follow up through any of our support channels at contact.fitbit.com.

Hope to have you back on track soon!

pattyl89
9/23/18

I got the watch 8/3 brand new. I'm calling it a watch because it tracks nothing. Called customer support 8/16 and have been in touch constantly(14 emails) The store won't take back because it is a fitbit problem, warranty company won't take back because it has been a problem from day one, FITBIT WON'T TAKE BACK EITHER. and HERE is the latest e-mail after stating I should be patient they are working on the problem for me and many others :
We're aware of problem, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. DON'T BUY FITBIT!!!! THE COMPANY IS TELLING ME THEY KNOW I HAVE A BROKEN FITBIT AND THEY CAN'T FIX IT. BUT STILL NOT TAKING IT BACK!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TO ME.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hello Patty,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

It appears that you're experiencing an issue that we're already aware. You can be assured that our team is doing the best that we can to implement a fix, but we would just like to be honest to let you know that a fix may take some time. We know how inconvenient it is for our users to experience an issue and we sincerely apologize.

Please feel free to follow up with our team through any of our support channels at contact.fitbit.com.

gabrielled13
9/18/18

The worst customer service I have ever recieved. Fitbit's customer service is horrible. I have almost one month for a solution to a minor issue that people deal with their fitbits all the time. I cant believe how such a large and well known company would have this $#*!ty customer service. I hope something changes for them, or else they will lose many customers. I will be letting all my friends/family know about this as well.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Gabrielle,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've had.

Rest assured that we're always striving to improve our products and services.

Please allow us to review your interaction with our team by providing us with your support case number. We'd like to see if it was handled accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

scotts606
8/23/18

I ordered a Fitbit "Zip" last week. It arrived in the mail a few days later. So far, so good. I put it together, locked the battery in its compartment...and DOA. No power. I took the battery out, checked the electrical contacts to make sure the metal tabs were touching the battery...which they were. I put the cover back on...and...NO POWER. I called their customer service to ship me a new one. The customer service rep could barely speak English. I had to keep asking her to say one word at a time because she spoke broken English and I didn't know what she was saying. Since I didn't have the product registered (you need to be able to power up the product and sync it with the Fitbit website to register the product) they said that they can do nothing for me. I told them my name and gave them the tracking number. Ok, now they could do something, but only if I sent the defective unit backand it would take a few weeks for them to ship me a new one. Really? These things probably cost 50-cents to make in China and they are worried about sending me a new one without having the defective one in their possession? Wouldn't it be easier to send me a new one with a return-shipping label in the box to return the defective unit? They know this isn't fraud because they were able to look up my order and they also have my credit card number. These people make a bad product, you can't understand their customer service people because they sub-contract their customer service department to Mexico, and it's like pulling eye-teeth to get a replacement for a defective unit that never worked, literally, out of the package.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Scott,

We're sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced. Rest assured that we're always striving to improve our products and services.

Please let us review your engagement with our team. You can provide us with your support case number and we'll further assist you from there.

Hope to hear from you soon!

joem567
7/26/18

I would NOT recommend this watch to anyone. It has sync problems all the time, spent hours and a lot of time on the internet only to find out Fitbit knows about the problem and it still has not fixed it. Other than that it is an OK watch but after a week it does not keep the data because it can not sync so for health tracking I give it an "F".

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Joe,

We're sorry to hear about your syncing experience with the Ionic.

To have all the bases covered, we recommend making sure that all syncing requirements are met and following our troubleshooting tips here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866?p=tracker.

If everything has been met and followed but to no avail, please reach out to us at contact.fitbit.com and we'll continue assisting you from there.

michaelm1579
7/24/18

I have now owned two Fitbit products. First one was a charge hr, and next was a charge 2. Neither one lasted a year and a half. While I do enjoy the Fitbit functionality when it is working, I would expect the Fitbit to last longer than it does for the money spent. Because of this, and the amount of other unhappy customer reviews I have read, I am going to purchase a different fitness band. I would not recommend purchasing a Fitbit product..

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Michael,

We are saddened to hear about your experience.

So we can help, please tell us about the issue you are experiencing. We will provide troubleshooting tips that may help.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

ritag65
7/22/18

I bought a Fitbit Alta... cost 200.00 . I used for a bit more than 1 year and died. I brought my device in Telus, I went to see them because
the watch band separated from the Fiti bit . Explained to staff my problem, She communicated with Fit bit . She told me they where going to send me a new one. I bought a new one for 90.00 and a week later the Fit bit stop working. P went again to Telus .Try to help but fail. They only sell them.

Response from Fitbit S., Fitbit Representative
Hi Rita,

We'd like to help.

If you haven't already done so, we suggest following these charging tips that may help get your Alta up and running again: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1190.

With regard to the new one that you purchased, please fill us in with more details of the issue so we can further assist.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Fitbit staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Fitbit