Review of Yahoo Finance

Yahoo Finance reviews

Sunnyvale, California 94089, United States

hankc35
4/23/19

Loved the app until the recent March 2019 forced upgrade. Links are unresponsive, scrolling is slow and jerky, and there is no logic in the "improvements". Articles hi-jack the page after navigating around, and then drop down. If I want to read articles, I can click News all by myself. How can I roll back to the previous version?

joel291
4/23/19

Many quotes, including foreign blue chips, are suddenly not updated for days, weeks, or months! You must always double check the information as it might be obsolete.

troyc99
3/21/19

Complete train wreck. Horrible. Super slow and blanks all over the page. To think I had stock in this company and they try to see if you want to bring in your trading. LMAO.

tomt302
2/1/19

Yahoo Finance is User UGLY, poorly designed, unable to perform simple math (when adding securities), live support is non-existent, on line help is terrible and that's the just the tip of iceberg pertaining to this programs inadequacies. BEWARE, BEWARE!

benp153
1/29/19

I'm not sure where Yahoo get their numbers from, but they certainly don't reflect the real-time market in any way that's accurate or reliable. Thumbs down.

kevinb582
10/1/18

Had repeated problems using Yahoo finance in relation to the stock symbol TD.TO - it has been going on for months. Yahoo finance makes me miss Google finance...

amandaj161
9/3/18

There is a private lender who is giving out genuine loans at a very cheap rate, I got my loan of 30,000$ from him and the interest rate was very convenient for me, that is why I have used this medium to inform you all about this lender.
if you need an type of loan kindly contact greenfinance247@gmail.com or you can text or call +19108886042 if you are in USA.

He offers loan from 3000$ - 500,000$ so contact him today for you to get your loan.
email: greenfinance247@gmail.com
phone: +19108886042

Thanks

peggys131
7/27/18

Today I discovered you changed the view on the finance page. Now instead of immediately seeing the 3 major indices of the US, I get 2 plus an ad. Are you so desparate to sell advertising that you screw your viewers? Sick of you pulling this kind of $#*! on us.

nasirm8
7/3/18

I used to use Yahoo Finance extensive in the past when they had the old format around. Since the switchover, I moved to Google Finance (which is now dead as well) and other comparable sites (not many out there). This eventually focued me to use the Finance websites lesser overall (which was a good thing in a way) but now as I want to become more active, I have tried using Yahoo Finance again and really truggle to focus on areas I would like to focus or I would think and investor would want to focus on when they fire up the website. Navigation through the relevant info is quite difficult. With all the ads thrown in (all around the page) it is extremely difficult to remain focused. Usefull info seems to get burried under a think layer of adverts. It plain and simple doesn't feel like a Finance website anymore but rather a medium for advertisers to sell their products. I understand its a free website, but shouldn't they also be worried keeping to the purpose of thier offering for which they get traffic in the first place.

Bottomline: I am actively looking for a more usefull alternative. The day I find it, I will switch at an eye-blink. Very dissapointed to see Yahoo Finance end up like this.

gordonc65
6/14/18

Yahoo portfolio page used to be barely adequate. Seems lately it is getting worse and worse. Their data are in some instances is a year old. Never updated. Has become virtually useless. Lord help you if you use the portfolio page for trading.
Does anyone know a better site where you can track your stocks? Please let me know.

prestonw19
6/11/18

It's hard to believe this is part of yahoo.com - finance.yahoo.com is actually useful. Loads of info. I do hate the sponsored ads in the middle of normal articles. And the layout could definitely be much better. Pretty good content overall though.

jasont200
5/22/18

The articles are worthless, its the commentary that contains more useful data and that's about the only thing saving yahoo

delp47
Del P.
1/30/18

Google Finance was great, but they close down the portfolio aspect. Stupid. So I switched to Yahoo. Even worse than not having a portfolio at all. Just strait up terrible!

gregt63
1/23/18

I think it's been about a year since Yahoo unveiled its new Yahoo finance site. At the time it received horrible reviews Absolutely horrible. Thought I'd check back and see if they had made any improvements in response to user comments. As far as I can tell, the answer is "no."

The site absolutely sucks. And that's putting it mildly. The "news" section is almost entirely paid ads. Company press releases are few and far between. Sounds impossible? Go look for yourself.

The "comments" section was replaced by a "conversations" tab. It's bad enough that Yahoo did nothing to stop the trolling and flaming on the old site. But now the comments are listed in order of people's "reactions". It's as if a 12 year old decided that the number of "likes" was his reason for getting up in the morning.

I could go on and on but won't. I can't imagine what they were thinking. They took a site that could be used for individual investors looking for basic information and turned it into an absolute, complete, total mess. Sad but true.

gordong28
10/3/17

They have changed from one format to another and were excoriated about that move by the users. But it's hard to change.

Now Yahoo is making it even easier by lying that they solved a temporary network error message when they have not.

Sad really that they do not get their act together and will drive many from their email and other services due to dissimulation and incompetence.

barryd31
9/18/17

Yahoo still refuses to go back to the old style of portfolio viewer that worked so well. Finally my brokerage house, Schwab, has seen the need and started a NEW SUMMARY that gives me what I need. Hopefully the other brokerages will do the same so that everyone and leave this piece of junk. As for me I will gladly never have to deal with Yahoo or Verizon again.

af364
8/27/17

Yahoo's portfolio news is now just a bunch of sponsored ads combined with tabloid style articles. Actual financial news of companies in your portfolio are few. Big disappointment over the original format.

andrewm243
8/22/17

THIS IS A CONSPIRACY OF THE FINANCIAL INDUSTRY TO PREVENT AVERAGE PEOPLE FROM GETTING ACCESS TO GOOD FINANCIAL DATA.

YAHOO! ACCEPTED BRIBES AND KICKBACKS FROM LARGE BANKS TO MAKE THE SITE LESS FUNCTIONAL!

THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW HOW TO UNDERSTAND THE STOCK MARKET!

jimj123
8/11/17

Yahoo Finance, have you not seen a precipitous decline in users and activity? Your portfolio format now sucks, being user unfriendly and no longer providing the information and customization that it used to. The comments application is beyond awful. To review your comment history, you are given a miserly little window to try to view them from. It's just awful. I used to be on Yahoo Finance every day. Now I rarely bother, and soon I will give up entirely. Fire the retarded donkeys you have designing this stuff and hire some people who don't suck.

dh404
8/6/17

Not sure who coded this, but the "my portfolio" section just doesn't work. Hangs up in both IE and Chrome. Go back to the old version, it worked fine!

alexs448
7/12/17

I'm writing this review through internet explorer while I wait for my chrome to recover from crashing from your website, which happens multiple times per week mind you. Stop jamming your pages with ads to the point where they constantly freeze and or crash. This forces your website to run incredibly slow. You constantly let me down.

brucec82
7/7/17

Your new finance format for portfolios simply stinks. Data is missing, editing is a pain,and the whole new format is like buying a YUGO as compared to the Porsche that the old system was.

paulr223
5/30/17

I have spent HOURS trying to custom my view so I have info I need like the old page...IMPOSSIBLE. Today I wanted to add a stock. Before I clicked 'edit' and my whole portfolio was there for editing, adding etc. NOW you to add you first have to add the symbol then click that and you can edit, etc. If you had 10 stocks to modify you'd better have a lot of time to click, click, click! Bring back the old!

estebans8
5/26/17

Maybe it is a result of all the advertising they are jamming into each page, but nothing works! Pages lock up constantly, links don't take you where they are supposed to, you can't even read the stock news. Total failure!

fredt37
5/19/17

Used Yahoo Finance for years, but despise the new format. It doesn't serve my needs. I have to look at more than one page to find the information that I seek about my various real and hypothetical portfolios. Detest having to sign in or log in with personal information. If I am now forced to log in, I'll just log into my online broker's page instead to get what I need, and then stop using Yahoo altogether. That will mean I will avoid the online ads that Yahoo wants to push to me. Congratulations, Yahoo! One less viewer to report as seeing your ads. Hope that helps YOUR bottom line!

6 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There was a 'back door' a while back Now I've tried everything and no luck. So I'd say no.

By Paul R.

Use True Car to get your numbers.

By John D.

Questions? Get answers from the Yahoo Finance staff and other customers.

Yahoo Finance?