Review of FilipinoCupid

Tel: +61-755-711181
team@filipinocupid.com

rayg75
1/31/18

its all fake. created fake profile. no picture. received over 100 responses in one day. several said "you're cute" do not pay for this obvious scam

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
FilipinoCupid is the largest Filipino dating site with over 3.5 million members. We do not allow fake profiles on our site. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. If you would like to report a suspicious profile, please submit a ‘report abuse’ form or contact us at www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
xavierl26
1/29/18

Obviously everyone will see this so i thought i'd leave a review and some good, free advice on things to look out for.

Just created my profile today. My inbox filed with over twenty notes with in the first two hours as i am not ugly. As the day progressed i have ran into at least 3 scam attempts. They are doing this new thing now where (if u make it that far) you get on skype with them and u see the girl but what "she" is saying doesn't pare up with her facial expressions. Honestly i don't know how they have been scamming ppl because they really aren't that smart lmfao!

So to the miserable guys out there start of being nice but not too needy. Don't over sell your reaction when she gives u a compliment, all females are the same, mentally. U want to do just enough to make it to a video chat. They may say something is wrong with the camera (flag).
They may say something is wrong with the mic (half flag)

Once you see her face THEN u become the predator of the conversation. Be subtly demanding. The idiot in the shadows will become annoyed, then you type "wave" in the chat box. they respond with bs you respond with "do it." If she SMILES and waves their is your sign that you are being scammed.
American women are horrible so i understand the frustration but don't be desperate for a pretty smile and an easygoing conversation. Good luck fellas.

melindaa18
1/23/18

please do not generalize that all filipinas are bad..we also get lots of scammers, perverts and all kinds of weirdos..we just have to be careful in figuring who to talk to....if a filipina asks for money for whatever reason, you beware...same goes for males sending us packages and then asking us to pay for the taxes...or asking to send nude photos or go naked shows on cam...i have a US multipile visa, i have travelled, never asked for money, have been loyal etc etc etc and yet my prince is still lost and cant find me...but i dont want to stop this from hoping that somewhere, he is out there trying to get the right directions...let us not lose hope, just be careful.

jimmyw54
12/20/17

First, I want to say there are probably more beautiful Filipinas on FC than any other comparable dating site. It's not even close. That said, I think Filipino Cupid is paying attractive women to contact men. As an example, I am in the medical field. I put in my profile I'm very interested in meeting women who are also in the medical field. Now, I have been off and on FC for just over a year. I let my gold membership elapse and then sign up again about 3 months later. It never fails when I let my membership lapse, I get contacted by several women who are either nurses, medical techs or what have you. I rarely get contacted by them when my gold membership is active. So, I believe the women who contact me when my membership elapses are fake. Whenver I come back to gold membership, I will contact them. They never reply. Never. So, I believe FC is involved in either making fake profiles to lure members back or paying women to contact us after our gold membership has expired. It's one of the two.

One other thing, you'll notice all the canned responses from Filipino Cupid here. That should tell you the level of the scam of that site. I'll say again, FC is part of the scam.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
We are sorry that you have encountered non-genuine members on our app, we have zero tolerance toward these members. Please be assured that we do not send messages to our members. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. If you would like to report a member, please submit a ‘report abuse’ form or contact us at www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
ynam
11/18/17

I have been reading a lot of reviews about this dating site since i have just started using it. It is very saddening that a lot of Filipinas resort in extorting money. It gives a very bad impression for all us Filipinas. I do not blame you guys. That is very wrong. I just hope that you won't generalize us all because there are still decent and very kind Filipinas out there.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Yna
We are very sorry that our site has not met your expectations and that you have encountered non-genuine members on our site.

Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Providing extensive information about how to avoid being scammed in multiple locations on the website, including the member mail system and profile pages.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Unfortunately, sometimes non-genuine profiles slip through. We also rely on our valued members to report any suspicious or fake profiles they find on our site.

Please contact enquiries@filipinocupid.com if you have any further concerns
travist26
11/10/17

These profiles of Filipino women are faker than Caitlin Jenner's gender. ALL are either are fake or want money.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Travis,

Please contact enquiries@filipinocupid.com if you have any further concerns
ronc97
11/9/17

I would recommend the site. You have to be very careful on the site. It's best initially to establish a few friends or contacts on the site. Over a week or two on the site you will see that many of the people who first contacted you have been removed from the site. I believe roughly 20 people who contacted me were removed from the site. Once you weed out the bad ones then it's time to talk to the people you have an established on site relationship with. After all what's the rush anyway. Have fun and good luck.

mrn20
10/29/17

i started to ask for copy of the passport page with the picture and they are all fake - see attached

venusb6
10/11/17

Back in 2010,When I met the love of my life here on this website..I'm from the Philippines and my husband is from USA . We've been happily married for 6 and half years and counting,for me everyday is a blessings being next to my very kind and loving husband..he does help me build my confidence on how to achieve my goals in life,he motivates me with everything as well,he changed my life a lot which Is no words could explain how thankful And blessed I am to have him in my life
I came from a poor family who would never ask him to send money for them because that would never be his obligation to take responsibility to take care everyone, I send money to my mom occasionally in the Philippines but would come from my own pay check not on husband's wallet. Husband and I didn't make any agreement Sending money to the Philippines before marriage.I'm currently working as a full time associate at my job,I work hard just so that I could help hubby to pay our bills and other expenses..

So for those of you who are still seeking,good luck! I hope you'll find the right one for you Never ever rush to put yourself on a relationship that you are not sure about.,that's when you get disappointed,,you have to get to know that person well..take your time of getting to know him/her..don't put your trust right away,follow your instincts If you don't feel right to that person,cut off your conversation to her or him and move on..

gerhardh14
10/1/17

I see many profiles of filipinas working in China. i contacted 1 of them she said ist not possible to meet there but a Chinese travel agency can make Visa for her to come to Europe ??? i think thats very strange

anybody has same experience ?

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Gerhard,
We take the safety of our members seriously. Please visit http://www.onlinedatingsafetytips.com/ for comprehensive guides to keeping yourself safe while searching for your perfect match.
guya16
9/21/17

Have not found one person on here legitimately looking for a partner. It is a TOTAL waste of time. Many fake profiles appear in one's inbox and appear to be computer generated (non-responsive). Of the women that do reply to a message - they are all after money and when you spell out the fact you aint on there to send money they disappear. Many of them are part of scam syndicates where the woman might appear once or twice on camera then insists on typing to correspond (often citing problems that prevent her being on camera.) In these instances it became clear that the person that is typing messages AINT that woman that you saw on camera. Look for the the tell tale slick communication style with heaps of fullstop marks, curtness, and little information - I was left with the feeling that often blokes( in the philippines and elsewhere) that have access to the the same skype or messenger site as the girls and they have better grasp of english and SCAMMING other men, so they take over the communication. Insist on only speaking on camera (no typing) or to a reliable phone number where you can deploy your own "voice recognition" . I am yet to find one person that can provide this level of contact - doesn't that tell you something. Some people claim to have met legit partners but i would be VERY surprised whether these aint just postings from Filiipino Cupid affiliates.

I look reasonable for 40, have friendly nature, have been honest with my profile, have been sincere about meeting a partner, and have paid for a subscription but no results after weeks chatting here. The management should be ashamed because the site is laughable and completely contrived, and it appears that they are quite happy that for it to be used in this way, if in fact they are not directly involved in the layers of deception themselves.
The irony with all this is I have been convinced by many that the Philippines is actually a good place to visit for men seeking single women, and for meeting solid life partners. This site leaves you with such a bitter taste in your mouth as to belie this fact - it should be closed down.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Frank,
Cupid Media is a large online dating company based in Australia that has been operating since 1999. We take the safety of our members seriously: we employ a dedicated Fraud Prevention Team and take extensive steps to educate consumers and prevent fraud.

To find out more about our company please feel free to visit our website: http://www.cupidmedia.com
seppl2
9/13/17

Stay away from this site. As long as you have a free account you will be hit with messages from fake profiles - in the style of "I have seen your picture and like you" even though you haven't even posted a picture yet. All of these supposed interested are FAKE and SCAMMERS.

The site is run as a big SCAM operation - as soon as you pay, they will DEACTIVATE your account asking for your credit card details. Then they will not respond to any of your emails. They use team@filipinocupid.com to send you nonsense requests and will NEVER REPLY to your emails.

DO NOT waste your time and money with these fraudsters. They run a fake and criminal operation.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Sepp,

Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Please contact enquiries@filipinocupid.com if you have any further concerns.
johnc801
8/17/17

Avoid Victoria Bagang at all costs, she will tell you that she loves you, that she is your wife, you her husband and she wants to live with you. I was stupid in that I not only believed her I sent her a lot of money. She apparently has a sister called Elizabeth Bagang and a solicitor called Atty Sagpa, she will tell you her mother is ill and needs medication. She will tell you she is religious, goes to church every week. Do not believe a word she says.

Tip for consumers: Follow the advice of the website never send any money to anyone no matter they tell you, if they ask for money report them straight away, at least this 'woman' Victoria Bagang has been removed from the FilipinoCupid

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello John
anthonyg122
8/9/17

Step one: most are not real. So eliminate the vast majority by simply asking for a video chat. They will make every excuse in the book. Try not to let them dupe you with photos or a dark night video. Ask for a simply video chat in broad daylight.
Step two. Agree that you will send NO money unless you meet in person and she is willing to come see you where you are. Do not pay for more than a taxi on arrival.
Two simple rules and the scammers are out of business. After you meet, you can decide if it is worth your while to invest.
And BTW, the devout Christian (yeah right) is a formula for taxation without representation. You figure it out.

aussieh
7/27/17

If you ever meet anyone from Filipino cupid, PLEASE DONT SEND MONEY for the person to meet you. It is is SAFE, go to her city or town and ask her to take a cab and you will pay on her arrival.
MARJORIE DENAMPO, DATE OF BIRTH: 14/08/1995. Address: CASTIN ST, NAVAL, BILIRAN, LEYTE, PHILIPPINES.

I met this gal on filipino cupid and following weeks of chatting, I flew to meet her in Manila. On arrival in manila, I paid her flight ticket and she asked for some cash to help her with taxi and basic stuff before she arrives to meet me in Manila. I sent her two thousand pesos and after she collected it, she messaged me to advise she got the cash, thereafter, she turned her phone off and i could not contact her anymore until the day i was flying back to Australia when i got a message from her asking me to send her more money to help her pay rent, buy wifi modern so we can continue to chat when am back in Australia. What a JOKE !
I have written detailed email with supporting documents to the administrators of Filipino cupid but they have remained silent. Doesn't that tell you something?

travisp28
7/20/17

I have been there done that with everything that you have described. The first thing that they do is the medical. And if they have children they will even say that their children are sick. What you said about her being hungry and needing food I had to go through the same thing with two of them. That is just something that they do. They feed off of a person with a good heart. (Pun not intended).

Now don't get me wrong there are some really good Filipina out there who really want to meet and fall in love. But a Tell tale sign is when suddenly you have to start dishing out money to continue to talk to them. Do not fall for the things that I fell for like a child being sick or a sick relative. Do not fall for the things that I fell for in sending money for food every two weeks. Do not fall for the things that I fell for in sending money to fix their business transportation.

Christopher N, from 2009 till about 2014 I have sent these women over $10,000 all added up. And I have not received a wife or a happy life. All I received was bitterness from myself and " I told you so's" and pitty from friends and family... and it always always always always always always always starts with a sad story from them about their needing food or medical or something has happened. I could never even enjoy the relationships because I knew in the next few days or week they would need something Financial. DO NOT FEEL BAD. Because that person does not feel bad about fooling you and using you out of your money by promising you a happy life or the security of a good woman.

I'm going to ask you again Christopher. Please do not feel bad. And I want you to be happy that you did not get in as deep as I did and lost many thousands.

You now have experience with what to look for. Because it always starts this way-always. It is like they coach each other on what to do because they use the same tactics. I wish you good luck in finding someone authentic and real.
T

christophern37
7/17/17

I'VE BEEN TALKING TO THIS PINA LADY FOR A WHILE KNOW. WE PLANNED ON GETTING MARRIED. BUT SHE STARTED HAVING MEDICAL PROBLEM AND I SENT HER 150.00 TO PAY THE DOCTOR AND AFTER THAT, HER REFRIGERATOR BROKE DOWN AND SHE COULDN'T BUY FOOD TO KEEP IT FROM SPOILING, SHE WANTED ME TO SEND HER 400.00. I SAID NO AND THEN SHE STARTED TELLING ME THAT SHE WAS HUNGRY AND HAVEN'T EATEN ANYTHING. I HAVE SKYPED WITH HER, IN THE PAST AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT SHE WASN'T A "LADYBOY". WELL, SHE STARTED DOING SEX ACTS WITHOUT ME ENCOURAGING HER TO DO THAT, SHOWING ME THAT SHE WAS A FEMALE. SHE WAS DEFINITELY A FEMALE. AND THEN SHE WANTED TO SEE "ME" AND I SAID NO. I ASKED HER WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN WHEN SHE MET ME, DOES SHE START TO HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS. SHE ALWAYS RESPONDS TO ME IN A NICE SWEET WAY. WELL I JUST CUT HER OFF, YESTERDAY. THIS IS THE THIRD AND FINAL TIME CUTTING HER OFF, BUT I FEEL BAD ABOUT IT.

zedi3
6/18/17

Just know that you're going to have to send various documents (i.e. Copy of photo ID) if you want your upgraded account to be activated (your account is suspended until then - no access). I submitted my docs and spent the next week going back and forth with what seemed to be an automated unclear email response (And still no account access).

I called them a number of times and had the displeasure of speaking with an agent that was not only unhelpful, but very rude (she had the audacity of accusing me of committing fraud by paying through Paypal, when Paypal is a payment option!).

When I asked her if I could speak to a supervisor, she flat-out said, "no, if you want to speak to a supervisor, send an email and wait 24 hours." And that was just the start of the circus of customer disservice that ensued. Needless to say, if you're calling their number for phone support, you probably won't get it.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Zed
We apologise that the service you received did not meet your expectations. It was disappointing to learn of your experience and that your enquiry was not fully investigated. Feedback regarding this has been sent to the manager for their review and to provide further coaching and training opportunities with our staff.

In order to ensure the account security and safety, our billing department reviews certain transactions. For some transactions, we require additional verification to prove that the person making the transaction is authorized to do so.

We would appreciate if you could submit your inquiry via https://www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/showhelprequest so that we can review your profile again and assist you further.
billp103
6/5/17

Heaps of scammers, heaps of nice people. Visited my friend at her home and work place. Honest to a fault. I have told her to buy(my money) better furniture for her and her nephew, but she has neglected to do so. Poor as dirt because of Christian principles. A happy smiling respectable lady who deserves better.

tommyt29
5/29/17

It is very difficult to import a pinay. So before you start supporting her each month and get the Westen Union thing going, first understand what it will take to have her visit you in your country. Of all the pinays I have met online and in person, 1% could qualify for a Visa to Australia or the US. And there are so many scammers. To be eligible to apply for the tourist visa, they need to have a legitimate, long standing job...need to have $1000's in the bank...or need to have property to qualify. Or you spend $10,000 or more to get a spousal visa organised for a person that has never travelled and chance that she won't take off for something or someone richer when you aren't looking.

hankc19
4/27/17

If the chick is in China as a domestic helper it a scam that they have set up with travel agency- here is how the story usually unfolds- "I don't have a smart phone or computer that I can do Skype on, I left it with my little sister back in PI. But I love you and want to come marry you in US- Send money for my visa and airfare and I will come". Make them send pictures and google image search them, great way to uncover identity. I am copying and pasting the email from the "travel company" so that you recognize it.

China International Travel Agency <info@chinaintltraveltours.com>

10:02 PM (11 hours ago)

to me

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your inquiry with China International Travels and Tours.

Our travel service operates on a package deal, which includes visas and
flight Itinerary. We also offer hotel services in Northern,Southern
America, and Europe rail pass.

According to your request,we can provide tourist / Visit visa for travel
ticket purchased from China International Travels and Tours.

Please find below basic requirement for visa applications:

(1) Tourist/Visitors Visa (Valid for three to six months)

(2) Complete name and address of (Applicant's friend, relative or
family member, including the telephone number)

(3) A valid travel passport good for more than 1 yr for the person
traveling

(4) 4 photograph passport sizes.

(5) $150 for the visa fees, Medical Insurance and Medical Examination
fees, $300 and $50 for Service charge and $200 for police extract, this
make the total cost $700(Seven Hundred United States Dollars).

(6 ) A valid Chinese work visa

(7) A confirmed round trip ticket purchased from China International
Travels and Tours.

All other document required will be provided by our office Note: A waiting
period of 10(Ten) to 14(Fourteen)working days is needed to process
applications.

Kindly send us your closest airport where you will pick up your friend so
we can send you full quotation for ticket and visa package.

Please note that in order for us to proceed with the process , we will
require submission of all documents and fees.

Should there be any assistance needed, please contact our office

=====================
Phone Number: +86 182 182 82508
+86 131 280 89990
========================================
Legal Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any
distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error please immediately notify the sender
and delete or destroy any copy of this message.

peterf99
4/25/17

Got scammed because I fell for a girl. Bought the whole story and paid for her ticket. Then she began asking for money. ALOT of money. It was too late. I'm an idiot for not coming here first and reading the reviews. REMEMBER DO NOT GIVE OR PAY ANYTHING, until you are there in the flesh or even then just do you and be smart.

janpeters
4/16/17

I did find the love of my life on this site. But it took a few chats to get to her. I was completely honest and provided a truly accurate and extensive profile of myself....blemishes and all. I waited for responses that seemed sincere and that actually seemed like they read my profile. I chatted with a few who seemed either unsure, scamming, or flakey. But with a little patience I did finally meet my future bride....honest, sweet, and interested in having a real relationship.

So my advice is use the tools given to Broadcast who you really are and what you are looking for....don't embellish. The sincere ones will see you for who you are and will find you.

marvelm2
4/2/17

My experience is different. Im a filipina and tried this site hoping to meet someone whos sincere. Someone sent me a message and asked for my email he introduced himself as Frank North and a seaman at one of the german shipping line. Our conversation went good he mentioned what kind of life he has and that his 52 wife died 8yrs ago and got 1 daughter whos 18 staying with her sister in France. For a week i started to like him because his showing sincerity. Then all of a sudden March 3O he emailed me stated that he bought some gifts for me mind you not just one, two or three but ten gifts. Flower, chocolates, iphone, laptop, camera, ipad, bag, gold watch,perfume and plasma tv and he even mentioned that he included 185OO british pound along the package. Mind you guys I NEVER ASKED FOR THOSE ONE HE INSISTED TO SEND THOSE GIFTS TO ME. Then he gave this site http://royalcargo.info my brother was a tech student he was able to figure out that this site is a scam courier since this guy gave me a tracking number show its real, yes you can track it but the site itself was a scam. I even noticed the word shipment was mispelled and shows shippment. Since i found out that his a scammer i did not email him about it i told him that i cant track the package. Then he emailed today april 2 stating that his worried since all of the items inside are branded gadgets and the money too he said he just tracked it and its on Hong Kong right now and he would like me to pay the fee of $3OO for the custom fee so that i can get the package. Im not a fool i replied that told what i know and i already reported him. Nows tell me if you think guys you were being scammed by females on this site same here we females are being fooled and scammed by men too at this site. I just wasted my time and started to fall for this guy not knowing his a scammer. Im still giving it another shot but this time more careful.
This was the email add of this guy: franknorth123@hotmail.com
Please if they mentioned click on this site to track you package we have google to check if this is a scam site. You can key in fake bank rss or simply get the site add then key in to google
Fake site database or aa419.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Marvel

jdubyaj
3/18/17

And, we did. My wife and I met almost two years ago on the site. We were serious about our intentions and dating long distance without money exchanges. I then surprised her almost a year into dating with a visit and engagement ring! Almost two years later, our visa petition was approved and we were married. Here's the key, I was up front and fast about my intentions to marry an honest woman. I was particular about the small selection of women I messaged first. I listened and shared with my choose fiancee and shut down my page. She shut her page down. We agreed to date exclusively with the intent to marry. We kept our word and bonded with one another. Now, she's my wife and we are looking forward to children soon. We knew what we wanted and were willing to work toward it together. We built and cultivated a relationship.

David I am in a relationship with a 41 year old filipina. Yes in this age group they are mature. My partner wants to have a baby with me. I am 61 & understand why she does want a mixed blood baby with me. One other point David FC cost me nothing to find my partner. Not one cent.

By John M.

Is Xiang travel express a legitimate travel agency

By Rick D.

Go to Billing and check the renew button. By default, it is clicked with a check mark. Even after you click the box to make it blank, they will click it back for you. Make sure before your renewal date that the box does not have a check mark in it. They will keep renewing until you stop. Best advice is use a Paypal account. Don't use credit cards at all.

By Jimmy W.

Methinks one must travel, it's the only way. $#*! online bull$#*!.

By Steven L.

Most of those profiles in China are fake. That Chinese Travel Agency is a scam. They will try to weasel money out of you for a fake visa that is not valid. DO NOT ever send money overseas for any reason. That is the best advice you will ever get and you don't know it.

By Jimmy W.

That's how many pictures each Filipina has in her profile.

By Jimmy W.

There is no way they can guarantee you that your private information won't make it's way to a site that buys and sells private information. Don't do it.

By Jimmy W.

The lady does not want anyone anyone to chat with her. Most likely she has found someone online.

By John M.

u need to switch it off unless you are paid member you cannot hide it. switch it off deativates it and next time you log in need to activate it again just same way as facebook

By Rick J.
Questions? Get answers from the FilipinoCupid staff and other customers.

13 Photos for FilipinoCupid