Review of FilipinoCupid

Tel: +61-755-711181
team@filipinocupid.com

jeffk69
4/16/16

As others have comments, the FC company seems to be loading a lot of fakes to lure users. There are some real people as well but even the real people have a real mix of pictures ... be careful and be very cautious before you spend any money here

erickg10
4/12/16

Many women here are not real. It's either their pics are stolen and being used by a con artist from africa or elsewhere, or they just want to scam themselves. I said many not all of them. So my verdict is...filipinocupid's subscription is too expensive to gamble for this risk.

michaeld182
3/5/16

I was a member of Filipino Cupid for about 5 months. And eventually met my beautiful fiance. But along the way I encountered a few scammers. A few words of advice. I'm in my 50's and I'm just an average looking guy. With an average blue collar job. My fiance is 45 years old but very sweet and really gorgeous. I traveled to Hong Kong to meet her about 8 months ago. She's sweet and beautiful and a genuine Christian like myself. She's never asked me for a dime and refused to accept money from me on several occasions. We're processing her fiancé visa now and we Skype 3 or 4 times a day. I have met several really nice beautiful girls on the website. Of course I've met several scammers too. It's easy to pick them out. Once they start asking for money end it right away and block them. I had several beautiful young girls offer to strip for me on camera. I never took them up on it. Block them too . Be realistic. Don't go for the 20 year old gorgeous bikini models. There are plenty of beautiful women close to your own age with good hearts and good intentions. Good luck.

gregoryp13
1/3/16

Picture this....on leaving your office one day you encounter a poor, attractive and obviously hungry (starving?) little puppy. Good naturally you reach into your bag and give the puppy some of what you had bought to cook for dinner that night. On arriving at work the next day you find the same puppy who recognises you, wags it's tail and appears full of joy on your reappearance. As a reward for such doting attention, you throw a few more morsels to the pup and forget her (or - be warned...it could also be a "him"!!) until you go to leave and the puppy follows you home.

You become a little concerned about this but this dog's a "humdinger" and whenever you go to your back door, there he or she is showing devoted attention, and lavishing you with apparent love. In return you favour the dog with more food but familiarity breeds contempt and the dog, now obviously dependent on you, starts demanding to be fed and cared for.

I spent a year as a fully paid up member of Filipino Cupid ("FC") and can tell you from friendly contact with literally MANY HUNDREDS OF LADIES on FC that the scenario I mention above is completely real and so often repeated it has become a pattern. The only difference is that often you end up feeding/supporting a whole family.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the Pinay culture but have found it so full of scammers and those looking to become dependent on "foreign income" (from you) that the pattern becomes all to sickenly repeated. Whether it is a scammer or one or more of the 110 million very poor, the result is the same....

I had one such lost puppy latch onto me over the last 8 months so attentively and tenaciously that I fell hook line and sinker for "her" (yes what you are thinking already will be confirmed shortly!). She wanted to know everything about me, expressed love and desire. At 27 years of age it may have been somewhat a stretch in believability that she was as she surrendered - still a virgin...but I was prepared to give her the benefit of any doubt.

Early in the peace, the soapbox (in hindsight) dramas commenced. Her 21 yr old sister Steph Anne Alcantera was hit by a 4WD and left dead on the side of a busy street and the family was so poor as to not be able to afford the traditional viewing (2 weeks), funeral and burial ...guess who funded that? and the foods and coffees supplied to hundreds of grieving friends and relatives that visited the viewing?

Did I do any due diligence? You bet! Before I parted with a cent I asked for and was supplied with 1. a Death Certificate and 2. an invoice from the funeral home/provider.

Then the family home was rain and wind affected by torrential storms (from a passing cyclone) ....guess who received & paid for the itemised building quotes for repairs and restitution of the damaged sections? Not to mention the regular provision of money for
foods when Shamcey was crying due to her and her family's purported hunger?

The requests became more and more frequent as our plan for Shamcey to come to Australia on a working visa to assist me in my business and to get a new business concept I have been working on - up and running. I paid for her "requirements" - paperwork and clearances (health, birth certificate and police authentications) in order to work in the Oroquieta Post Office in data entry and mail items processing. I paid invoices for a dentist (Dr Raymond Bajasa) to attend her teeth so that I wouldn't be subject to high dental work for her while here. I even negotiated directly via Skype with the dentist for the payment of his bills - even the supply of consumable dental provisions he supplied my "g/f".I paid for her mothers medication and doctors bills. I paid for her father's air fare and other paper clearances to work in construction labouring in another Philippine state to support his family. I paid airfares, accommodation and foods for Shamcey to visit Manilla for 2 weeks for obtaining her passport and interviews I was told were necessary for obtaining an Australian working visa.

After obtaining the local travel agency phone number I paid Shamcey for an Airfare to Australia and all the travel and expenses to get to the Cebu international airport. I went without meals and paying my own bills to ensure she could arrive in time so that we could lovingly spend Christmas together. All systems go...that is - until Shamcey played her final card. I was rung up three times by a supposed representative of Australian Immigration indicating that unless "my lady" had AUD$2,000 in her hand or bank account for contingency money for emergency use, he would not let her leave the Philippines!

Urgent enquiry with Australian immigration indicated that once a visa is issued nobody can stop the holder of that visa from leaving for Australia. IOW - all requirements have been met. Now suspicious of being subject of a major scam I checked the number that had contacted me on my mobile by the supposed immigration representative...my heart sank when I noticed it was the exact same number that had been supplied for the Oroquieta Travel Agency to verify the airfare.

All was confirmed when I accused "my beloved" with scamming me - that things were not adding up when he - yes "he" suddenly broke from his cover and said "ha ha ha!, yes I am a gay scammer with a disease from Cebu", and with some apparent pride declared "you are the 15th foreigner that I have successfully scammed so that I can pay my doctors for my treatment!"

I felt raped...not only due the loss of substantial monies which I could ill afford, but I was due to pick up "my future" in which I had invested substantial personal capital (time, care and hope) in within days prior to Christmas.

Now I am NOT saying that the ladies on Filipino Cupid are ALL scammers but I will say that the vast majority are in financial need and, within 70% of the country female and the remaining half of the male population notably "bading" (gay), also looking for a reliable husband. This presents somewhat of a conundrum in terms of the combined needs and what exactly is the basis for their interest in you.

No matter what any of the say to you, I have found that expressed "love" is very much connected to money or a better life - and who would blame them for that? After all that is all they have to barter in return...

I have visited the Philippines and love the people. I have met many single girls staunchly and, against all odds, seeking to raise one or two children without government aid or indeed any financial assistance from the father of those children. Without expectation of anything in returnI have sent money to assist several of those extremely proud, but pitifully poor girls because I feel for the future of those poor kids.

I have lost count of the many fake profiles and obvious scamming listings that I have reported to FC who appear to have obligingly cancelled those accounts - but it is just so easy a new account to be opened...I realise I have just wasted a heap of time.

So...in summary...the number of poor looking to survive in this world is on the exponential increase. You supporting one or two is not going to make a difference in the real scheme of things even though it might make you feel good for a time. My advice if you want to find a good girl convenient to home and without the substantial additional complications, expenses, potential frustrations and risks associated with of establishing a relationship overseas, is go to all your local churches (not just for the religion!) and find one that you can ask people about and do proper due diligence on. The cynic in me says that whether it is a local or overseas girl, the stats prove that nearly half are doomed to fail anyway - so why spend all the extra on someone from overseas with such poor odds - lose less by doing it at home!

BTW...I'm still looking!

roberts335
12/13/15

THEY ALL HAVE SAD STORIES......You feel sorry for them. That's the trap... then they ASK FOR MONEY. 90% that I chatted with have the same routine. Real bad experience on this site.

darnellr4
9/24/15

I was on there a couple of times and talked to a few women. I even did the trick where you just type any thing and see if it triggers the machine to do an atomatic response. On top of all of that I was on there facebook page and saw a chick asking for her account to be reactivated. And this is on facebook! So the women there are definitely real. The site is NOT scamming you but it doesn't mean the girls aren't.

Tip for consumers: I know what everyone is thinking, yea it could have been a scam, and I could've have gotten taken advantage of but I'm not afraid of life. The oppression i experience in my own country gave me no other option so I know what it's like to have people fear you for no real reason. Good luck.

robertl149
9/21/15

Are the real the girls in this website and please advise me about the best way to dating at Philippine girl?

Tip for consumers: is about look for information ?

darinn1
4/22/15

I signed up for a one month subscription and immediately turned off the automatic renewal feature. A few weeks later I checked again to verify that automatic renewal was turned off. I was leaving the Philippines on the date that my subscription was to expire. When I got home I checked my card statement and found that I had been charged for another month.

I sent an e-mail notifying them of their "mistake" but they just sent a form letter back stating that they could not verify what I told them. Apparently this happens to a lot of people. I asked them to remove my card info from their system and they refused to reply to that request.

My advice is to avoid this site.

maxz2
3/13/15

On or about 03/13/15, Filipino Cupid suspended my paid membership without telling me why - no message on their website, no email sent to me. They have not responded to my emails.

I will notify my credit card company and ask for a full refund, and my brother-in-law (an attorney in Australia) is preparing lawsuit documents for breach of contract. They picked the wrong person to mess with.

Don't use Filipino Cupid!

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Max,

Please contact team@CupidMedia.com and provide your registered email address or member ID as well as which site you are a member of, so we can investigate your profile and assist you further.
jimj45
10/18/14

Newest scam on FC I have had and they don't even care when reported to them.

WARNING! 'Visa and travel' scams from Guangdong, CHINA

I keep running into major pockets of these scammers on dating sites. These scams are conducted by West African men, who are residents of the Guangdong Province of China. Primarily they are in the city of Guangzhou, and Shenzhen, and Dongguan. The profiles they set up will indicate the lady is in these cities, or generic area. She will be an asian lady, (Chinese, Filipina, or other) 28-35 years old, Single, no children, and working a domestic, meniall or minor administrative job. (Nanny, caretaker, tutor, salesgirl, clerk, administrative assistant, etc) The girl will be mildly attractive, to pretty. The scammers have multiple pictures of the girl. They usually will have an excuse to not show a face on cam. (Broken, no time to go to cafe, boss is strict, etc) Occasionally they will use a recorded loop of a girl over a webcam, but for short durations. They do have 'Asian' females helping them, usually to talk on the phone. The girl will profess love too quickly, in a few emails, and will want to travel to meet the victim if the victim pays for the trip and visa, via a FAKE 'visa and travel' agency. The emails are sweet. They are possibly 'scripts', like the 'Russian' scammers use. (the same email goes out to many men) The 'Visa and travel' agency will have a website you can look at, but it's a FAKE agency site, set up by the West African scammers. You may also be asked to email or phone an 'agency representative'. You will be emailed a real looking travel itinerary, assorted bills and invoices, but they are FAKE, and no girl will arrive at your local airport, if you fall for this SCAM. They are also doing some other '419' scams via these dating site profiles, as well. Make sure you see a face on cam, and if the girl is in love too quickly....something is not right. NEVER SEND MONEY TO SOMEBODY YOU ONLY KNOW FROM THE INTERNET. Research the REAL 'visa and travel' procedures for your country, and remember, 'poor' asian people do not get visas easily to western nations.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Dear Jim,

We are very sorry that our site has not met your expectations and that you have encountered non-genuine members on our site.

Our dedicated Fraud Prevention Team works 24/7 to keep our site safe, by:

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Providing extensive information about how to avoid being scammed in multiple locations on the website, including the member mail system and profile pages.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Unfortunately, sometimes non-genuine profiles slip through. We also rely on our valued members to report any suspicious or fake profiles they find on our site.

Please contact enquiries@filipinocupid.com if you have any further concerns.
jdl
4/26/14

The site seems legit and most of the women are real, if not always sincere. These facts should be apparent from the number of messages and interests you get from quite ugly women, and a spectrum up to very beautiful or adorably cute.

From my experiences visiting the Philippines, it is true that Filipinas consider light-skinned American men handsome. You will almost certainly be tall by Philippine standards. Young Filipinas are also much more receptive than Westerners to older men, to the point that some young women there have romantic fantasies about older, foreign men.

Apparently, Many Filipino men do not offer much competition: frequently abusive, irresponsible, unfaithful, unaware even of the concept of satisfying a woman sexually, much less having the skills, and not financially secure..

There comes the problem. Most of these women are very poor. That makes you seem very wealthy and desirable, but also makes it hard to distinguish between the cultural expectation that generosity is a sign of good character, genuine affection combined with a legitimate need for financial help to get out of poverty, and outright only wanting your money. Their attitudes will range from outright scammers, through essentially monogamous prostitution, to unrealistic fantasies of becoming a princess.

The site will remove profiles of women who ask for money or otherwise are not sincere if you give them evidence -- so save a copy of your messages. Understandably, they will not remove a woman just on your sayso that could be from spite. The site does not block exchange of direct contact information nor charge for communication on the site. They charge a membership fee (lower rates for longer terms) to allow unlimited messaging with all members. The site therefore has no motivation to have you strung along by a fake profile. They do post suggestions for avoiding scams.

Remember this is an overwhelmingly Catholic country. Not only does that mean that the woman may be very sexually repressed by Western standards. They may also call themselves "Religious" when all they mean is a decent person,
There is no divorce within the Philippines and "annulments" are expensive and time-consuming. That means that a woman who is separated cannot be brought to the US. On the other hand, living together, including unwed motherhood, is fairly common, with such couples possibly referring to each other as spouses.

David I am in a relationship with a 41 year old filipina. Yes in this age group they are mature. My partner wants to have a baby with me. I am 61 & understand why she does want a mixed blood baby with me. One other point David FC cost me nothing to find my partner. Not one cent.

By John M.

Is Xiang travel express a legitimate travel agency

By Rick D.

Go to Billing and check the renew button. By default, it is clicked with a check mark. Even after you click the box to make it blank, they will click it back for you. Make sure before your renewal date that the box does not have a check mark in it. They will keep renewing until you stop. Best advice is use a Paypal account. Don't use credit cards at all.

By Jimmy W.

Methinks one must travel, it's the only way. $#*! online bull$#*!.

By Steven L.

Most of those profiles in China are fake. That Chinese Travel Agency is a scam. They will try to weasel money out of you for a fake visa that is not valid. DO NOT ever send money overseas for any reason. That is the best advice you will ever get and you don't know it.

By Jimmy W.

That's how many pictures each Filipina has in her profile.

By Jimmy W.

There is no way they can guarantee you that your private information won't make it's way to a site that buys and sells private information. Don't do it.

By Jimmy W.

The lady does not want anyone anyone to chat with her. Most likely she has found someone online.

By John M.

u need to switch it off unless you are paid member you cannot hide it. switch it off deativates it and next time you log in need to activate it again just same way as facebook

By Rick J.
Questions? Get answers from the FilipinoCupid staff and other customers.

13 Photos for FilipinoCupid