Review of Fabletics.co.uk

Tel: 0203 695 3831
support@fabletics.co.uk

susanm979
4/27/19

Purchased a couple of items then noticed 5 months later Fabletics had taken £44 each month from my account. Rang customer service and they refused to refund money stating that the VIP service I had chosen was clearly spelt out. Rubbish it's an automatic opt in when you buy and I am not easily taken in. They send emails but I hadn't received as they'd been intercepted as junk mail.

They have agreed to return 3 months but I will call my bank tomorrow and advise if the scam and hope to get all my £220 back. Well miffed.

dans796
4/26/19

I was not aware they took my credits each month. Only after one year when I checked my bank account I found out. Then I immediately called them to ask for refund. The weird thing is they first say they couldn't do it then after I insisted they could give only partial credits back. But that does not satisfy me, since I initially requested all 11 credits back (which they took about $550!) and I would not want to buy any products from them given this terrible service and unclear policy. Then I called twice to explain my situation, all what they can say is sorry they don't have the allowance to refund. That does not help and solve any of my concern. If they cannot solve my case, I would like report this company to the authority. This is a terrible scam. I believe there are many customers who have similar experience. We want our money back, clear policy and transparent procedure of being able to choose based on our rights.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We always welcome feedback; it helps us know where to improve! In the meantime, we’d like to help resolve any problems/concerns you had. A representative from our Member Services Team will email you shortly to help you out.

pamk80
4/26/19

Easy to order and prompt dispatch. The VIP conditions re payment and debiting your account are made very clear. Paid for express delivery but the item got no further than the courier. Customer service (in the Philippines) on the 2 occasions I used them, was polite and all had good English. After a week from my first call - having been promised I would hear back in 48 hours - I phoned again to be told the item was now out of stock - I cancelled my order and withdrew from the VIP scheme. I will NOT use this company again.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Pam,

We understand how you feel, we’re very sorry. We’re going to take care of this for you right now. You deserve only the best service, a representative from our Member Services Team will reach out to you within 48 hours to help resolve any concerns you have.

donn80
4/22/19

I forgot to skip for several months and got 5 credit, which works out to about £220. I really wanted to make a purchase, but to be honest i dont like anything and the quality isnt that great. And paying £44 to an outfit is such a rip off. I can get quality product from some where else and can actually have more choices.

Called them today and they said that they will not refund me because I did not skip. And there's no way i can get my money back. So I am forced to buy something that i do not like????

Their T&Cs were very unclear about this as well. I read the whole thing and they mentioned nothing about refund you the money if you have credit and you want to cancel the membership. I think we need to really report them to some authority.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Don,

sarahh492
3/13/19

I have been a VIP member for 2 years but everytime the VIP sales goes live and outfits are half price, my account suddenly gets 'locked' and my payment card that i use every time is mysteriously declined so that I cannot place orders. When I ring the Customer Services line im told that I have to wait 24 hours, then 48 hours... after waiting this time, the sale is over, the products are out of stock and my card and account are mysteriously unblocked!!! what a scam...

allanr53
3/11/19

My wife who is very much into her Gym purchased goods some time ago and unwittingly agreed to the VIP service, as it provided her with a discount on her initial purchase and apparently was given the service on a trial basis. I have now discovered that £44 per month has been taken from our credit card account, as my wife did not fully understand the implications. Although the website does show it's terms, it is clearly banking on the fact that the majority people do not take up the 'so called' offers and do not stop the payment. My wife has now accrued 10 membership points, which I gather she would lose if she opted out the membership. There is no way she would have ever spent circa £500 per year on Gym wear, but it appears we may be stuck with this until the points can be utilised. Also what happens if this company ever goes into liquidation? That will be the money totally lost! Ideally we just want the money back. This practice needs to be made illegal ASAP. Exactly what has my wife paid for? Just a monthly Email!

amyl355
3/8/19

When buying your first product from them, they automatically sign you up to a VIP member and then take out £44 from your bank. Doesn't say anything of this when checking out your basket. I only knew when I saw money was missing from my bank. Called them up, they say "it says in the order email, stated in the t&c's". I never agreed for money to be taken out of my acc but they will not refund. FUMING!!! Absolutely sh*t customers service. They say they will give me 20% upon changing my acc to a guest one but the only way to use the 20% is to check out as a VIP (!!), which means I will have £44 taken out of my acc again!!!

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Amy,

We would like to sincerely thank you for notifying us about your experience with Fabletics. In the meantime, we’d like to help resolve any problems/concerns you had. A representative from our Member Services Team will email you shortly to help you out.

lisaf382
3/6/19

I tried buying leggings from here. Ordered a pair- got an order confirmation and everything. Waited two weeks and then finally called to see where my stuff was. Apparently my order was cancelled for some reason although I never got sent any email saying it got cancelled (which is absolutely ridiculous). Called them and they said that no money was taken from my account and I said well yes it has. Woman tells me to email customer service with pictures of my bank statement. I email them. Not once mind you but twice- not a single reply. Called them again and they told me that I have been issued a refund and should get one within 48 hours. Of course it has been 48 hours and no refund! This company is such a scam. I got nothing from them- only a bunch of anger and frustration and I didn't even receive an item. I would never ever recommend this brand to anyone- not to mention that whole vip thing which I saw only on my order confirmation email! I am just furious. I demand that they do something about this. Also even if someone was using the VIP thing how could you possibly buy that much yoga clothes THAT frequently?!?

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Lisa,

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Fabletics! We value your feedback and the chance to resolve any issues that our members may have. A representative from our Member Services Team will be contacting you within 48 hours to further assist you.

erinp118
2/27/19

I bought leggings (that actually didn't fit very well and weren't the best quality for the price) from this site a while ago and found out three months later they had been charging me £44 a frigging month! I didn't want that £120+ to go to a complete waste so decided to keep my membership but remind myself to always skip the month so I'm not charged again and maybe one day I'll get a benefit from it (as I believe if you cancel membership any credits disappear which in itself is pretty terrible). Obviously sometimes calendar reminders aren't enough and I've forgotten or something and so have since been charged another two times. The membership actually is rubbish and provides no benefits as far as I'm concerned so £200+ later and absolutely no benefits or anything to show for it I'm just going to cancel the VIP membership and don't think I'll be buying from this site again. Complete scam! Please be careful when buying anything from this site.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Erin,

We are so sorry that this happened. We’ll be sending you a private message now, so we can get this resolved as soon as possible. Thanks!

emmac156
2/19/19

I suddenly noticed that £44 has been taken from my account which I was told was due to me not opting out to be a VIP membership! When I informed them in writing to cancel this I was then sent an email saying this had to be cancelled over the phone as they do not accept cancellations in writing! This must be the only company that does not except cancellations in writing! They obviously use this tactic as you are then never able to get hold of them via the phone. They have still continued to take money from my credit card where I have had no option but to now cancel my credit card with the bank. Absolute nightmare company and doubtful I will get any refund. Emma

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Emma,

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Fabletics and we would love the opportunity to make it up to you. A representative from our Member Services Team will contact you shortly.

kerinab
2/11/19

I really wish I had read this site prior to ordering from this company.
Sizing of products is bad and if you return items they take weeks to refund you. I have never experienced this before.
Currently am waiting for a refund still after 3 weeks and intend to consider small claims court.
Please think carefully before using company!

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Kerina,

janew225
2/1/19

I have been trying for hours to get on the site to skip the month so that I dont get charged, the site is down and the phone number said it is unavailable. Will not be happy if they take the payment for this month, has anyone had problems trying to access the site today ?

emilym341
1/25/19

I was very excited for my order, and this company in general. However, after my first order, the package had been delivered to the wrong spot. I received no update, and had to go back and forth between the courier company and fabletics. The courier company had to keep the package on hold until fabletics could confirm a new address. Once I went through these steps with fabletics, I thought the package would be coming to this new spot later that week. Instead, I received a second credit card charge for the next full month. Given the lack of clothes the first time around, I cancelled my membership (and was luckily refunded for the second charge).

Two months later, with still no sign of the initial order, I called again. Turns out the clothes were returned to the company, and are now out of stock. So, not only did I not receive an email for any of these issues and have to call customer service each time, I was charged (and refunded) twice, with no clothes ever having been delivered. When I asked the person to just replace the clothes with whatever is in stock, he refused and said I would have to wait 5 days for the refund and start the whole process all over again.

Needless to say, I will not be placing a new order.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Emily,

katharinak5
1/20/19

Same as the other reviews - the VIP membership isn't clearly explained.
DO NOT buy from this company. Will call tomorrow to cancel membership, contact bank etc.

vals45
1/17/19

I made a purchase of 2 leggings more than a year ago, i realised yesterday through my banking app that the is a company that is taking £44 from my account every month.
Turns out it is Fabletics and no they have not send me leggings worth a years supply they just take my money. I was on the phone with them for close to an hour yesterday demanding an explanation and a full refund. This cannot be legal, I saw an advert for a sale but turns out it is clearly just a way to scam people.

kirstiea4
12/16/18

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!! This company is a scam, they take money from your bank account with no warning and the extremely rude customer service staff are no help what so ever! I actually had a member of staff laugh at me down the phone which is disgusting considering £132 was taken from my account (£44 each month) without any warning!

They make you sign up to get these 'amazing' offers, but what isn't made clear is that they will continue to take money every month from your bank account unless you go onto the website, log in and "skip the month". If you do not skip the month you will be charged £44 which is non refundable and can only be used as credit on the website. Also the credit you have from your stolen money is not eligible for discount so even if I was to knowingly agree to them taking money to give me credit I would get a huge disappointment when I actually end up spending more money with no discounts as promised when signing up. All of this information was not made clear to me when purchasing my items! All I was made aware of was that I will get discount emails. That is it!!
Be very very careful, or you WILL get caught out as many many people have been!!!

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Kirstie,

At Fabletics, we pride ourselves on giving our 100% every day to ensure that our members' needs are being met. I know that we have let you down, and for that, we are very sorry. A representative from our Member Services Team will email you shortly to assist you.

lucyw67
11/25/18

Honestly, the worst company I have ever been a consumer for. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.
They are scheming, manipulative and will sign you up to direct debits with the most poorly worded explanation you will find.
You become a "VIP" (with or without your true knowing, it's literally a "sign up to emails" tick box that actually means we will keep all your card details and charge you repeatedly, oh and that's £44 per month).
Kindly, you can "skip" that month and you can keep your hard earned £44 as a credit' but funnily enough you can't use your credit' (that you DID NOT WANT) on any of their promotions. You have to check out as a guest to do that.
So unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount for a SINGLE pair of leggings, be put on hold for ages, be sent customer emails that are literally copied and pasted policy because this is repeatedly the problem they get... then steer well clear.

Can't even believe they are trading.

If one person reads this review I will be pleased.

teresar123
11/16/18

Received a message yesterday to say from paypal that £44 payment had been taken!! I called customer service today to be told that it was in the disclaimer. When I queried what the £44 was for I was told that if I went on line and added an item of clothing for £44 then I would not be charged. When I tried this, this was not the case and cannot see how I can get this money back?! What I thought was a good deal on leggings turned out to be the most expensive average leggings. I will not be shopping with this company again and will not be recommending to others.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Teresa,

We count on our members to bring situations like this to our attention, so thank you. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. A representative from our Member Services Team will be in touch within 48 hours.

anitaw67
11/16/18

This websites signs you up for VIP membership then charges you £44 a month for NOTHING, even when you have not so much as clicked on the website again after making your order. This company has had near enough £200 off of me. Do not use!!

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Anita,

natalyak3
11/11/18

Just found out that I was enrolled in some sort of VIP membership with Fabletics. The company took 44 pounds out of my account without any of my authorisation or agreement. They obviously did it illegally keeping details of my card while I ordered two pairs of leggings last months for 24 pounds from them. To say the truth the quality of their products is far from what I expected! Though i kept the leggings......as did not bother to return. How come you can be enrolled into the membership online and to cancel it you have to call or post them letters as online or e-mail services are not available with regards to this matter....What a shame involving such an iconic actress name as Kate Hudson into all this mess.......Will try to get into contact by phone with this company and get my membership cancelled.... Will never be dealing with them again... If my money is not returned I think I will be looking into taking legal actions against Fabletics.... Please do not order from them anything!

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Natalya,

yuhanh
11/10/18

They charged me 44 each moth since Aug for VIP membership! Is there anything we can do to report this scam company? This is criminal and should not be existed already!!! V angry.

marilenas5
11/1/18

I have ordered 2 leggings 2 weeks ago. They never arrived to me. I had just called them and they said that I should order other leggings as those I have ordered are out of stock. They never informed me about this.If I hadn't called them, I would never know. Awful customer service- awful online shopping experience. I would never recommend it.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Marilena,

All feedback is important to us, so we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent member service, so a representative from our Member Services Team will be contacting you within 48 hours to resolve your issue.

jana80
10/23/18

It's all been said before, this company steals your money EVERY MONTH. Avoid them and their sister company like the plague!

sophieb70
10/13/18

I too purchased 2 leggings for £24 only to be charged an additional £44 this month for a VIP membership that I did NOT sign up for. The items are decent and I gave them to a friend for a birthday present as they had previously expressed interest in them. I called the customer service line following the transaction and they were adamant that I 'keep the membership and purchase further items', going on to tell me that I could not be refunded as I should have looked further into the terms of conditions - which, by the way, all magically ended up in my spam folder, despite the order reference and other emails coming through to my main inbox. As the leggings have now reached a grand total of £68 in terms of money spent on them, I find the quality shocking in comparison - especially considering that a family member works for a more respected clothing company that do better quality items for less. I feel that students and other individuals looking for an affordable workout clothing are being cheated out of money. If I could return the items I would. Do not purchase from here.

Response from Ivy T., Fabletics.co.uk Representative
Hello Sophie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Please accept our apologies for the poor service you received from us. We value you as a member and want to make things right! A representative from our member service team will email you within 48 hours.

victoriab181
9/28/18

I had a VIP membership that I cancelled. When I tried using my remaining credit I needed to find something that costs 49.95 euros (not more, not less). So I tried to pass my order and it didn't work. I called the Fabletics and I was told that I need to choose VIP price, not standard. The problem is VIP price is not mentioned anywhere, only standard and I cannot make my order. I explained this to Fabletics over the phone and I was told that this is how the system works and that I need to check from time to time as sometimes they also write VIP prices. I am very dissapointed and angry with this service and Fabletics in general. I lost 2 hours of my life trying to solve this issue with no results. Will never recommend it to anyone and won't use it again myself. I would like to ask Fabletics to pay me back 49.95 EUR as I am not willing to spend any more time on this

Questions? Get answers from the Fabletics.co.uk staff and other customers.

Fabletics.co.uk?