Review of EvilControllers

2050 East 5th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281, US

kevinw445
8/14/19

the controller they sent to me sucked broke first day but get it repaired its way better...................

alyssad26
6/12/19

They sent us a defective controller and we sent it back to get fixed.... and now THEY NEED $15 TO SEND IT BACK TO US EVEN THOUGH THEY SENT US A DEFECTIVE CONTROLLER IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Literally go anywhere else. This company sucks and so does their customer service.

rexd19
3/27/19

They are junk! The controllers break easily, The controller we bought had issues from the beginning. Save your money and buy a better brand. The customer service is awful and the higher you go up the ladder the worse it gets! They know they are junk as well. 90 day warranty unless you spend another $14.95 for the year warranty that doesn't cover thumb drift. $24.95 for two years that doesn't cover anything. If Xbox changes their controller they no longer cover the older style! Buy a better brand from a better company!!

lilyl68
2/11/19

I don't reccomend EC. I custom made my bf a $280 controller and bought the warranty of $14.99 online. My controller had a color scheme and although there were options, there was no info on any differences between customization. So, I picked according to my desired look. Unknowingly. The controller arrived and looked as planned. Except for what I would've done differently...I chose a splatter design for the shell but thought(due to pictures and no disclaimer) it'd be plasty dipped. A much cleaner look and feel. Its literally splatter paint on the controller, super cheap. I would've picked a solid color instead. Its not visually pleasing and provides unappealing texture. It also doesn't hold up durably. It can be damaged since its not a single coat(s) but scattered amounts of paint(chipping, scrapping, etc). The biggest issue were the thumbsticks. I chose the clear blue option called "ice blue". It was easy to tell that these, too, were cheap. They were remarkably soft with a gummy like texture. Not like the thumbsticks an ordinary black controller has with a firm, plastic feel. After few months of use the thumbsticks began to chip, crumble, peel and warp, until completely deformed at the tops. Impossible to use due to discomfort. I emailed EV well within my warranty the FIRST time. The rep said the wear on the thumbsticks was due to personal use, the warrenty would not validate it. I explained and got nothing but denial. I contacted EC again(after a long retiring of the controller), since we had no options to fix it with tools and replacement parts ourselves. Rey(rep) asked for proof and explanation. I sent photos and explained my ordeal. He clarified that they'd make an "acception", service it for free but I'd have to pay $10 shipping. I agreed since our warranty had expired. I choose replacements from an array of colors. I specifically demanded ordinary plastic thumbsticks like the black ones on any xbox one controller. He clarified that the my choice were indeed ordinary type thumbsticks in the color I chose. I go to ship it off and had to pay the shipping to EC, $7. I wait two weeks and release the $10 for shipping back after "fixing". $17 ADDITIONAL spent on top of my original purchase...I recieve the controller, they replaced my thumbsticks with the SAME faulty ones. I reached out and demanded the fix. Rey said he didn't understand the discrepency. The info was notes and should've been done so. I demanded a refund for time and effort spent. He sent me a PREPAID lable and assured me it'd be corrected and fixed. But refused a refund since it'd be finally fixed at no additional cost...? I had to go BACK and FORTH with rey. They paid him to argue with me over $10...After I originally spent $300 plus. Finally, he admits the refund is possible and sends the request to process. I waited nearly a month for both these transactions to take place before recieving my controller. It was fixed. I got my $10 shipping refund. EC is cheap, unprofessional and mediocre. They sell upwards of $100 customizable controllers but don't provide a warranty to back the product or process. A simple check and balance system would suffice in the desire for good experience...The quality and brand suffers. The customer service is tasking when the reps could care less. All in all, I'll stick with Microsoft custom made controllers. A friend made one for less money, better quality and value in warranty. It also seems as though EC added warranty options with new guidelines, cheaper pricing and promotions. I'm disappointed that they've YET to add a disclaimer about their shell color/design and thumbstick customizations. This would easily have solved my problem(maybe other customers) before it could even take place. Worst gift ever. DON'T believe the hype! Stay away from EC.

wadeb41
1/8/19

First of all, I'll try to be honest, short and sweet.

I purchased my controller about a year ago and all seemed to be fine for a few month or so. The paddles worked, button/thumb stick feedback was great, although the controller did feel a little light and almost cheap.

3 months into it, a few buttons started sticking, so I contacted customer service and had to get it repaired. 2 weeks go by and I receive my controller again and it works!

Fast forward another 2 months, and I begin to run into some issues with the triggers/bumpers not responding when pulled. I contact customer service again, they have me send in the controller, and blah blah blah I get it back 2 weeks later (I purchased the 12 month warranty).

To be honest at this point I stop playing with my shift controller just because it's caused issues and problems. Another 4 months go by and I start playing again with it, and yet again I run into issues with the buttons sticking as well as the thumb sticks getting stuck forward. Customer service, send it in, get it back 2 weeks later...

After I received my controller for the 3rd time getting repairs in less than a year, the left thumbstick does not work at all. I contact customer support and they say that is apparently party of "thumbstick drift" which they do not cover, and would charge me $60 to repair (on a controller that I paid over $200 for). I'm not sure why that is considered under thumbstick drift, but the fact that the controller has had to be sent in 3 to 4 times in less than a year for repairs shows that it is a low quality controller.

I have asked for a refund or repair, and they refuse to do so now without me paying. Overall, I like the idea of this controller, however it is very low quality and by no means would recommend it. Unfortunately this was not a good purchase made, and please read this when thinking of purchasing their controllers.

Tip for consumers: Low quality, and does not last very long

juniorl20
11/19/18

I bought a controller back in September an never recieved my controller, and now it's november. So I waited for them to do all the claim stuff an at the end of everything they said they delivered an sorry for me not receiving my controller?! That's all so I ended up paying over 200 dollars for nothing!!! F*** this company is all I have to say! Super laggy service, bad customer service!

jamieh134
1/12/18

I spent a lot of time determining where I wanted to order a custom controler from. I hear Evil Controlers was "the best". So I decided to order my controller from them. Ordering online was simple and easy. My control arrived me sooner than I expected but that is because they controller did not have the customizations that I ordered. I attempted to contact customer service multiple times by phone by email and by Facebook. I was unable to get a hold of them to resolve the situation until about 3 or 4 days later. The basically said sorry you can ever refund or you can return it and they can fix it. I asked for a refund. I shipped the controller back two weeks later I received my refund and it wasn't even a full refund. I am highly just satisfied with the service I received from evil controllers and I will never order from them again.

darwinh15
5/26/17

4 and a half Star I feel is a fair rating. I had to take half a star cause the controller didnt work in the first place.
I got my controller sometime in 2016. I had a issue with one of the controller triggers. But once I contacted evil's customer service member Josh. He did everything within his power to get me a working controller. And despite the initial problem I will be buying more controller for evil strictly because of their customer service..

shahinh
1/6/16

I recently purchased a fully loaded PS4 controller from Evil Controllers and I couldn't be more happier with my purchase.

While there were some questions and concerns with my controller the staff at Evil Controllers were more than happy to help out and really went above and beyond to satisfy a customer, and I'm not saying this lightly I have deal with customer service from game from Blizzard, Activision and I'm confident to say that Evil Controllers customer service reminds me of my days playing World of Warcraft and talking with support staff at Blizzard.

Very kind, very friendly and clearly bunch of individuals who love to game and are passionate about their product and firmly stand behind it.

And I appreciate that, I'm sure my good friend Mr. DJ Khaled would also appreciate this and order another one of these controllers for himself no doubt!

Thanks guys for being an awesome company.

Regards,
Shawn

Tip for consumers: Be patient, use their live chat system on the website. It is the very best way to get hold of them!

nunyab17
7/16/15

Ordered a pair of DIY kits to upgrade my xbox 360 controllers, 3 weeks later they haven't even shipped them yet even after assuring me they would be in the mail LAST WEEK.

When I asked them about it, they said they would "Put in a request for more information" and just never responded.

The price they ask for what they provide is pretty steep; two get a pair of full controllers will cost almost as much as the console in the first place and it's not really a good sign that they have production / shipping problems in July considering it's not a major gift or retail season.

I've called twice and got no response, e-mail / website communication seems to have about a 20+ hour delay. I wouldn't say I feel scammed but I most likely wont do business with them again nor recommend them unless something changes.

stangb
6/22/15

I ordered the master mod controller for the hubby for Father's Day . I ordered may 21st and it didn't arrive till June 18th after having to call and hope that someone answered the phone a few times. There were no instructions with the controller. After watching numerous YouTube videos and using the instructions on their web site the controller did NOTHING :/ also had a rechargibl battery in the back but no charger. I specifically wanted the back where I could change the batteries. Customer service is.... Well.... IF ur lucky enough for someone to answer.. Sucks. WILL NOT DO BUISNESS WITH AGAIN!!

peterd74
6/12/15

Item arrived at my house in 2 days from purchase date and is totally just what I expected.

leed26
1/15/15

I have bought one in past. Worthless out of the box. Sent it in and it was repaired. Thought it was a fluke. Loved that controller. Fast forward to Xbox one. Bought one for my Xbox one as well. Also garbage. Not one mod works. Spent five weeks trying to get ahold of someone. No one bothers with you. No one calls you back. The live chat never works. Emails are always ignored. Finally got a hold of someone who basically said yea it's broke. We will email you a return label. Another week goes by. No label and once again all my calls ignored. Controller still useless. Worst customer service ever and terrible products. Highly recommend you get a different controller and stay far away from Evil Controllers.

adams116
12/3/14

Received a Evil Controller for my birthday and the quality is good. So far no issue with heavy Halo play. You can Buy these at best buy so I suggest trying them out first before buying a fully custom one from the website. They do cost a bit.

rosew20
10/3/13

Just got off the phone with these guys and I just had to leave them a good review somewhere. I ordered the wrong controller for my son so I called these guys up after just a few hours of placing my order and they took care of everything. Today the controller arrived and my son went crazy. He absolutely loves it and is using it's advanced features right now. Their Customer service Is top notch.

frankieg6
9/10/13

The aesthetic mods look sick but modifying the mechanics of the controller to play better is like hacking the game. You are cheating and it ruins the game for the honest folk. When you first turned on your system you were told to accept the Terms of Service, which includes a term stating you will not modify the hardware. If it's so legit, send Microsoft or Sony a message from your account & see if they lock you out.

caseyj2
3/26/13

My parents didn't know what to get me for Christmas, but they got me a controller from these guys. At first I just thought the controller shell was sick, but then when I realized the controller was modded I got bored one night and checked out the features. WOW! I totally get why people use mods and these guys are the best. I've been all over their facebook since Christmas.

jakes26
2/25/13

First and foremost I am not the best gamer at all. With that being said I felt really bad looking for a modded ps3 controller. But after looking around on google I saw evil controllers and went to their website. I was able to customize my own controller with mods and an awesome paint job. From there I ordered the controller and it came about a week later. At first it was confusing to put in the mods but now I smoke all my friends when it comes to Call of Duty!

Questions? Get answers from the EvilControllers staff and other customers.

EvilControllers?