Review of EvilControllers

2050 East 5th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281, US

rexd19
3/27/19

They are junk! The controllers break easily, The controller we bought had issues from the beginning. Save your money and buy a better brand. The customer service is awful and the higher you go up the ladder the worse it gets! They know they are junk as well. 90 day warranty unless you spend another $14.95 for the year warranty that doesn't cover thumb drift. $24.95 for two years that doesn't cover anything. If Xbox changes their controller they no longer cover the older style! Buy a better brand from a better company!!

lilyl68
2/11/19

I don't reccomend EC. I custom made my bf a $280 controller and bought the warranty of $14.99 online. My controller had a color scheme and although there were options, there was no info on any differences between customization. So, I picked according to my desired look. Unknowingly. The controller arrived and looked as planned. Except for what I would've done differently...I chose a splatter design for the shell but thought(due to pictures and no disclaimer) it'd be plasty dipped. A much cleaner look and feel. Its literally splatter paint on the controller, super cheap. I would've picked a solid color instead. Its not visually pleasing and provides unappealing texture. It also doesn't hold up durably. It can be damaged since its not a single coat(s) but scattered amounts of paint(chipping, scrapping, etc). The biggest issue were the thumbsticks. I chose the clear blue option called "ice blue". It was easy to tell that these, too, were cheap. They were remarkably soft with a gummy like texture. Not like the thumbsticks an ordinary black controller has with a firm, plastic feel. After few months of use the thumbsticks began to chip, crumble, peel and warp, until completely deformed at the tops. Impossible to use due to discomfort. I emailed EV well within my warranty the FIRST time. The rep said the wear on the thumbsticks was due to personal use, the warrenty would not validate it. I explained and got nothing but denial. I contacted EC again(after a long retiring of the controller), since we had no options to fix it with tools and replacement parts ourselves. Rey(rep) asked for proof and explanation. I sent photos and explained my ordeal. He clarified that they'd make an "acception", service it for free but I'd have to pay $10 shipping. I agreed since our warranty had expired. I choose replacements from an array of colors. I specifically demanded ordinary plastic thumbsticks like the black ones on any xbox one controller. He clarified that the my choice were indeed ordinary type thumbsticks in the color I chose. I go to ship it off and had to pay the shipping to EC, $7. I wait two weeks and release the $10 for shipping back after "fixing". $17 ADDITIONAL spent on top of my original purchase...I recieve the controller, they replaced my thumbsticks with the SAME faulty ones. I reached out and demanded the fix. Rey said he didn't understand the discrepency. The info was notes and should've been done so. I demanded a refund for time and effort spent. He sent me a PREPAID lable and assured me it'd be corrected and fixed. But refused a refund since it'd be finally fixed at no additional cost...? I had to go BACK and FORTH with rey. They paid him to argue with me over $10...After I originally spent $300 plus. Finally, he admits the refund is possible and sends the request to process. I waited nearly a month for both these transactions to take place before recieving my controller. It was fixed. I got my $10 shipping refund. EC is cheap, unprofessional and mediocre. They sell upwards of $100 customizable controllers but don't provide a warranty to back the product or process. A simple check and balance system would suffice in the desire for good experience...The quality and brand suffers. The customer service is tasking when the reps could care less. All in all, I'll stick with Microsoft custom made controllers. A friend made one for less money, better quality and value in warranty. It also seems as though EC added warranty options with new guidelines, cheaper pricing and promotions. I'm disappointed that they've YET to add a disclaimer about their shell color/design and thumbstick customizations. This would easily have solved my problem(maybe other customers) before it could even take place. Worst gift ever. DON'T believe the hype! Stay away from EC.

wadeb41
1/8/19

First of all, I'll try to be honest, short and sweet.

I purchased my controller about a year ago and all seemed to be fine for a few month or so. The paddles worked, button/thumb stick feedback was great, although the controller did feel a little light and almost cheap.

3 months into it, a few buttons started sticking, so I contacted customer service and had to get it repaired. 2 weeks go by and I receive my controller again and it works!

Fast forward another 2 months, and I begin to run into some issues with the triggers/bumpers not responding when pulled. I contact customer service again, they have me send in the controller, and blah blah blah I get it back 2 weeks later (I purchased the 12 month warranty).

To be honest at this point I stop playing with my shift controller just because it's caused issues and problems. Another 4 months go by and I start playing again with it, and yet again I run into issues with the buttons sticking as well as the thumb sticks getting stuck forward. Customer service, send it in, get it back 2 weeks later...

After I received my controller for the 3rd time getting repairs in less than a year, the left thumbstick does not work at all. I contact customer support and they say that is apparently party of "thumbstick drift" which they do not cover, and would charge me $60 to repair (on a controller that I paid over $200 for). I'm not sure why that is considered under thumbstick drift, but the fact that the controller has had to be sent in 3 to 4 times in less than a year for repairs shows that it is a low quality controller.

I have asked for a refund or repair, and they refuse to do so now without me paying. Overall, I like the idea of this controller, however it is very low quality and by no means would recommend it. Unfortunately this was not a good purchase made, and please read this when thinking of purchasing their controllers.

Tip for consumers: Low quality, and does not last very long

juniorl20
11/19/18

I bought a controller back in September an never recieved my controller, and now it's november. So I waited for them to do all the claim stuff an at the end of everything they said they delivered an sorry for me not receiving my controller?! That's all so I ended up paying over 200 dollars for nothing!!! F*** this company is all I have to say! Super laggy service, bad customer service!

willh61
Will H.
4/30/18

This site is super laggy and the processing looks like it's going to time out. Other than that, the build of the remote was pretty painless and the evil brand came highly recommended. The controller is really nice, the protective case is ok, but the cable is garbage and only worked for a weeks.

franki19
Frank I.
4/26/18

It was good. Called because a link on the site was broken. But they fixed it right a way. They are making a better website.

jamesw608
James W.
4/26/18

Good experience. However when checking out, if you click continue shopping instead of checkout, it erases the controller you built. Need to add to cart, and then allow you to continue shopping.

timd157
Tim D.
4/11/18

The menus in the customization area are a little convoluted. It's difficult to uncheck something like a tagline once it has been selected

markd429
mark d.
4/10/18

Honestly had an issue or 2 , but this was
Taken care of with our hesitation! This is a great company and a great product , wouldn't go any where else! This is my 3rd purchase from EVIL

thomasd223
Thomas D.
4/4/18

Den Controller seiner Wahl zusammen zu Stellen war sehr einfach.
Die Bestellung durchzuführen war sehr einfach.
Man war zu jedem Zeitpunkt im Bilde, wie es um die Bestellung geht.
Wenn man Fragen hatte wurde diese in kürzester Zeit beantwortet.
Ich fühlte mich zu jedem Zeitpunkt gut aufgehoben was meine persönlichen Fragen und Bestellungen betraf.
Das Versenden und der dazugehörige Verfolgung-Link hat super funktioniert. Ich wusste immer wo gerade mein Paket ist.
Der Controller selber ist in meinen Augen Perfekt verarbeitet. Ich kann mich in keinem einzigen Punkt Beschweren. Weder in der Optik noch im Bestellten Gametag auf der Rückseite, noch in sonst irgendeinem Punkt. Verarbeitung und Funktion zu 110% Perfekt. Vielen Lieben Dank dafür.

davids1032
David S.
4/3/18

only complaint would be that the display would not show the optional colors (maybe i was doing it wrong)

suep136
Sue P.
4/2/18

controller looks worth it seen as all the other reviews on youtube and this website are good search NoseySnake36933 to see my review on the control in next few weeks when i get it.

mattg117
Matt G.
3/31/18

I have used Evil in the past, after 6 years, my first Evil finally cracked under the pressure. (it lasted a great many hours of game time)
Your brand does a great job and makes very good, durable controllers, well worth the money.

laceyb10
Lacey B.
3/27/18

After only using my controller for a few hours the R2 key is spamming. Causing my controller to become non-usable. The key isn't 'stuck' I was overall satisfied with the website, customer service and delivery. Highly disappointed in the spamming of R2.

nickr133
Nick R.
3/27/18

Practically over night flight (cross country) shipping once shipped from your company, after processing the order.
No complaints. Great Job.

kristianb8
Kristian B.
3/26/18

Its a great site! I love the quality of each controller I have purchased. Customer service is also very good, very fast with live chat. Sometimes it doesn't work though I've noticed. Other than that its amazing.

camerong32
Cameron G.
3/26/18

I wish I bought the controller in time to receive the Evil version of the D-Pad. But I think I will be okay with out it.

diamondr3
Diamond R.
3/25/18

Thanks for offering g this kind of product for those who love games. It are unable to use both hands still allows them to have gaming in their lives.

stuartg47
Stuart G.
3/23/18

The shopping experience was awesome, there was endless possiblities. I was like a kid in a candy shop

clydej10
Clyde J.
3/14/18

I backed out several times in this process. After finally reviewing other sites and similar products, I feel I made the right decision to purchase from Evil controllers. I'll give you my evaluation after I receive and use it.

edwardm164
edward m.
3/14/18

Quick and easy! This is my second controller purchase from Evil, with hundreds of hours on my first controller I ordered, it still works perfectly, but I’ve upgraded to an Xbox one, and need the edge this controller gives me.

maresaw
Maresa W.
3/12/18

The site timed out a few times mid order so had to re add the custom controller about 5 times, site didn't work that well on mobile/cell phone so had to use PC

michaele149
Michael E.
3/9/18

This is my second Evil Controller that I've ordered/owned. Both controllers are above and beyond my expectations. Outstanding customer service/product.

torib27
Tori B.
3/9/18

Interface when customizing the controller is a little glitchy at times. Prices changed randomly even though the additions said $0.00.

muhammadt26
Muhammad T.
3/9/18

So grateful for options for my 44 yr old husband who loves madden and since his stroke 2yrs ago he’s lost this joy. God Bless you for providing a much needed option.

Questions? Get answers from the EvilControllers staff and other customers.

EvilControllers?