Review of Etsy

Tel: +1-718-855-7955
2018 Customer choice award

marions35
3/26/18

I have bought just beautiful items from a store on Etsy and wanted to share with you, have a look, the items arrived as promised and were extremely well presented, simply love these pieces

danc223
3/23/18

The most poorly handled transaction I have ever seen and make sure you all read the fine print very clearly because their return policy if you try to even see if the item works is there is no return policy. As I found out recently!! So now I have a $50 piece that will not adhere to the wall (when other pieces do) and neither Etsy nor single stone studios will stand behind their product. I would encourage you all to look elsewhere because these are very cheaply made and the owner is everybit as cheap.

mikeh398
3/23/18

bought boots from a merchant in brisbane australia (victoria is her name and is just as stupid as etsy customer service people) boots were not described properlyand could not wear them. return was ok, except they want me to pay for shipping, which would have cost me 70 dollars to return 114 dollar boots.6 weeks I dealt with the merchant and etsy . they never once said anything about my complaints about the return costs.this victoria just kept raving on about how no one has ever had a problem with her merchandise. etsy also ignored all my questions, always dancing around the only issue I had with them.In the end, etsy resolve team did absolutely nothing but waste 6 weeks of my time. I will never look at this site again. And beware of merchants from outside the USA. Nina H

lisan158
3/23/18

Be c̲a̲u̲t̲i̲o̲u̲s̲l̲y̲ ̲a̲d̲v̲i̲s̲e̲d̲ that Etsy is a den of forgers and thieves! The most wanted cyber criminals lurk in there, awaiting to rip off their next victim that could be you! Do not get fooled by Etsy's fake product pictures and fake positive reviews! Just like any other scam website, this one is also carefully designed to attract and deceive people! I fell a victim but you don't have to! Please share this review with your family and friends before it gets too late!

Tip for consumers: ETSY IS SYNONYMOUS TO SCAM! BEWARE AND INFORM OTHERS!

nojinp
3/19/18

Amazon had small # of options in artificial diamond. Then I found it on Etsy, made by EternalJewelryLV(in Nevada). I got relieved when I found the email telling 3-day delayed shipping. Finally, a post officer delivered it on the day told & I gladly signed on the device. Since my artificial ring got to me as what I ordered, again I thank.

Tip for consumers: This website offers ring size table. If you don't know the exact size of your ring though, first order $5 ring by guess for test...

richardc284
3/19/18

OK I have an Etsy store I make Pillows ,Its a Pillow store (..with me so far )
I make a maternity pillow its U shape that's all no reference to any other pillow ,like a name or Print, or what ever ..I get an email from etsy saying they removed my listing because of a copyright infringement WHAT !!!!!
ITS A PILLOW you can't copy write a pillow .unless lets say you had a pillow that look like a Disney product and so on ..This is a U shape Pillow ..there are thousands of U shape pillows ....So if you are going to put a store on etsy be careful don't spend a lot of money on it .. so don't make Lamps because someone will say they have a copyright on lamps ( I'm Being Funny ) I like to share this stuff I have several sites and it always amazes me the genius of the upstairs office and the rules they make and if you have an eBay store you will know what I mean ..thanks Richie C https://www.etsy.com/shop/pillowpillowandstuff

dianer63
3/19/18

Looking at different sellers SALES, it is obvious that some people are very successful. It is interesting to figure out why. Because they may not not always be items I might find cute or would rush to buy.
What are these sellers with high sales numbers doing differently in the way of marketing their items? Or is Etsy promoting certain sellers differently? I do know that when I tag my items I use every imaginable description I think someone searching for an item like mine might use.
My only complaint would be that sometimes it takes me pages and pages to find an item of mine. I do greeting cards and whimsical daughters birthday card or best friend birthday card or sons wedding card or whimsical Angel get well card seem pretty good tags & I rarely find anything of mine pop up on the first search. It may be because Etsy has so many more sellers now than when I first created my Etsy shop. Other than that, it is a very user easy place if you are looking for a place to try to start selling your items on line. It doesnt require a lot of start up $ and at .20 to list each item you cant really complain.

marya903
3/19/18

I was an Etsy merchant for about five years and worked my butt off to make my shop successful. But year after year, Etsy seemed to create policies that worked against the merchants, not for them. One was allowing all the Chinese junk companies into the fold, which would jam up the search pages with non-handmade items. Etsy's last move was changing the search engines by giving the top rankings to new merchants as a way to lure them in. Why? So that when their rankings began to drop they would advertise for higher placement. All of these merchant sites are now using this trick. What this means to the merchant is measly sales, but when a site like Etsy has millions upon millions of shops under its roof, those measly sales add up. Bad for you, great for them. Once again, women get exploited in the workplace. ( Ironically, Etsy is owned by a guy.) Don't fall for these sites ladies. Find another way to sell your goods.

louf12
3/16/18

Etsy is a business, but it is not run like a business. It is run like a bunch of right out of high school girls sitting in an office sniping at their customers and basically offering no actual customer support - either because they don't know their jobs, or the policies suck. Good luck if you have a problem. I had to spend an entire morning sorting out one transaction through them. I have also noticed that everybody copies other people's designs. A really bad site if you are an artist with original ideas. I will be taking my business elsewhere, HAPPILY!

peterh256
3/11/18

Furniture purchase from an Etsy seller called the WoodworkerUK
Nothing but a nightmare and Etsy are so unsupportive of customers backing their dubious sellers instead. This was a £928 transaction
The review I posted on Etsy says it all.
"Despite me providing exact measurements, this furniture arrived far too big for the space I had specified. I had been promised that the benches would slide under the table but they don't as they are the same length as the table. Bespoke? No not at all. To add to the issue both benches have significant lateral movement This has become by far the worst purchase I have made ever in my life. It was to be used for a unique family event at Easter and now that is ruined. The after sales support has been woeful with no replies for days now from Mr Jones - he doesn't seem to care."

leee53
3/9/18

I bought an order for 35 pounds and it never arrived at the address the seller shipped it to but Etsy refused to refund me because the seller had shipped the item. What kind of service gives the buyer absolutely no safety when their item does not arrive? Now I am 35 pounds out of pocket and etsy is stealing my money. I will never, ever buy from Etsy again. The shop name is miniaturecorner.

chrisc439
3/5/18

Not buying from Etsy anymore. Terrible experience with jeweler GioielleOliveri. Still no item but bucket loads of hassle and no support from Etsy's resolutions. Just not worth the hassle.

olgar12
3/5/18

In general I have no complaints but one. I've been buying from Etsy for some time and so far got one unresolved incident. The store name is AvesDesign and I bought some bralette which looks beautiful, delicate, and exactly what I was looking for. I bought a white one and even asked if they had black one available that I was interested. They sent me this bralette from he'll. Stretched, stained and far from be a-delicate-well-cut-sew-girl-thing. I wrote to them to never be answered and the cherry on the top... I can't find the store anymore. Can they block? Thieves.

shawnah1
2/28/18

I bought 50$ worth of jewelry and it never arrived. The seller would not respond at all to my issue with the missing package until forced to when I escalated the issue with Etsy. She immediately became nasty and accused me of trying to scam her though the tracking info shows the package never leaving the hub in New York. Because she was able to provide a picture of the package labeled to my address, Etsy says I'm out the money. Its their policy. Amazon and Ebay do not hold the buyer responsible for lost packages, Etsy does. My credit card company has already credited me and will back charge from Etsy. Etsy rules protect the seller and is the only one who does. The shop owner is virginie from BijouVintageMercerie. Also you cannot rely on the reviews for a given shop because Etsy often removes the ability for customers to leave a review when there has been an issue. SHADY.

garya67
2/21/18

I purchased a knife from some outfit called Uneekitemz.

After no notifications from him (the owner), and only after I made inquiries directly to him, did I finally receive the item. It was totally defective. I wrote to him demanding to return the item. I did get a refund along with a series of insults, personal threats, threats to my business and livelihood and unbelievable rudeness, crassness and vulgarity of the highest order.

I don't know how ESTY works. However, I will not allow myself to be treated in such a manner. This man engages in fraud and rudeness.

I am in the process of preparing to file complaints with the Attorney's General's Offices in New York and Oregon. I don't think I have ever encountered a more contemptible, disgusting, vile person ( and company such as ESTY) ) than I have with the gentleman who runs the store within ESTY.

Fraud, dishonesty and disgusting behavior are something the public should not have to put up with or tolerate.

I am going to inform every web site and review platform I can find and state the facts as they transpired. I would strongly suggest that whomever runs Esty do something about how they conduct business.

I see from the various reviews out there that many people have complained about ESTY. I hope they will do something to rectify this situation.

melissab209
2/12/18

Etsy is a great place to look for unique items that you cant find anywhere else, including customs and commissions. You will also find many vintage items and craft supplies as well. You can list your creations here for sale. It is a very user friendly interface. I have used both the website and the apps. I prefer the website itself. The seller app had a bug at the time I was trying to use it that caused a random picture to become the main item picture out of the photo group to upload. Then it wouldnt let me delete the photos without cancelling the post. There has been an update to the app since my last listing, so Im unsure at this time if that has been a corrected issue or not. Dont let that discourage you though. It is still a great app to use. You can track the traffic that visits your shop and your listings as well as how they came to your shop, ei. Facebook, web address, direct link, Instagram, etc.

emilym172
2/11/18

I recenty purchased a set of steak knives on Etsy. ( my first and last purchase ever).They were extremely corroded and no one would ever use these knives around food. I cent believe any company would ever sell these knives. I threw them away as soon as I received them and complained to owner to no avail. Do noy ever buy from this company.

valf15
2/8/18

Such beautiful things are available at this site. I've purchased several items without any problems. Gift items have been shipped timely and arrived perfect.

jb363
2/3/18

Bought a ring from Camilla Jewelry. Did not like the product and returned it. (That's another story - but beware "return fees"!). What bothered me most was that I could not write a review since I returned the product. So it seems it is easy to get good reviews if you are not permitted to leave a review when you have a bad experience!!

mayac18
2/2/18

Mailing to Germany from Etsy / JFJones was less than a happy experience. Im posting this as a heads up to anyone considering making a gift to someone in Europe review the process carefully. In summary, the recipient had to spend $60 in taxes, and took 2+ hours to fetch the item. (plus it took over a month to arrive, and if the recipient had not been home, the package would have shipped back to the US).
>I purchased a larger mobile on Nov 30, 2017. The item listing notes VAT included (where applicable). Shipping within the US was free, shipping to Germany not. After I made the purchase, the receipt includes an additional comment Additional duties and taxes may apply. (see link below). The receipt marked as gift.
> Received notification of shipment on Dec 12, 2017 as three day priority mail. A different note mentioned having it in a 6-10 days.
> The Tracking (USPS via Etsy) provided updates including Customs clearance processing complete on Dec 23 and showed the item as delivered (no details as to not delivered to the shipped to address on Dec 30, though the recipient had not received the item.
> On Jan 4 2018 the recipient received a letter from Customs that after 10 days they would be charged a holding fee and in total 14 days (from Dec 30) before it would be mailed back. There was no warning of the process in the tracker recipients could have been on a winter vacation and missed the time window.
> Customs officials stated that the package did not include the proper documentation to show this was a gift, therefore they had stopped delivery to demand a tax payment. Giving them after the fact the documentation I received from Etsy did not suffice. However, I think the cost ($225, and $42 shipping) was likely the determination for the tax of about 50 Eurp/
> Though the sales page notes VAT included (where applicable) if you dig into Etsy you find a disclaimer (plus post purchase the receipt I received included Additional duties and taxes may apply.). The link https://www.etsy.com/help/article/502 includes the following: When a package is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country. These charges will typically be due once the shipped goods arrive at the country of destination. Please note that certain countries may require certain documentation before the items are sent. If the necessary information is not provided, this may result in delays in the order. Most sellers on Etsy are unable to predict which of these fees, if any, will be applied, and Etsy does not expect sellers to calculate or collect these fees or taxes. This information should be clarified in sellers' shop policies.
The item itself is lovely. Just note that it will come at a much higher price and hassle for the recipient.

supissaram
2/2/18

this is first time to order metal ring from this online shop , the shop answer me so so quick , i do love this website

francesf21
1/31/18

I have been shopping on Etsy for years and have purchased hundreds of items. I am rarely disappointed. The creativity of the US artists amaze me and the products are quality made. I do stay away from overseas shops as Etsy has little control over mass produced items.

rickk31
1/31/18

I have yet to have any problems on this site at all. Etsy has those weird gifts, and gifts for yourself. this is just one website that really has their together, and I feel that it is going places.

sarahl270
1/30/18

I love Etsy very much, it's like a galaxy where I can find amazing, original and beautiful items. You just have to find the right seller (like Amazon, Aliexpress etc.) and I've never been disappointed. I have ordered several times and my parcels have always arrived. In the parcel some sellers don't hesitate to make a cute packaging and give some free gifts. This is really important to buy from sellers who are created they items handmades with a lot of patience & love.

margaretc47
1/21/18

this is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY and the sale.
Etsy is just as bad as the seller
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY ETSY AND THEIR SELLERS OF SMALLER, CHEAPER PRODUCTS

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You don't. You can check feedback and hopefully it will be honest, not a fake review. personally, after what etsy did to me as a seller, I would NEVER shop there again! If they treat the seller like $#*!, they won't be nuch better for a buyer who has a problem. Frankly, they have become all about the money and don't give a fig about buyers or sellers! Its a shame, they used to be a good company. Guess going bigger wasn't better for them....but they have to pay for that new bldg in NYC somehow I guess.

By Bre g.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?