Review of Epson America

Tel: 1-800-463-7766
rschneid@epson.com

jamesb563
3/15/18

My last three printers have been Epson Printers. I had problems with them but nothing serious like I have had with this last one I purchased. I have a problem, since day one, with the printer connecting to internet. I can't do any kind of internet printing. I purchased this printer in August of 2017 and it is still under warranty. I talked with Epson support many, many times about this problem They try this and try that but nothing works to get it on network. I have had Microsoft, Driver Support and many other techs try and fix it. Some have spent days working on it. So, this week I talked with Corporate offices about it. They have THREE of their senior techs try and fix it. The last one thought for sure he had it fixed. I tried it, no, it's not fixed. The printer cannot find the computer nor can the computer find the printer. Corporate sent me an email saying they would exchange it but when I tried to do that it was flat out refused. They say they cannot give me my money back nor will they exchange it. They refuse to honor their warranty. First statement they give you on their website and emails is "we repair to your satisfaction. Not ours but Your satisfaction". I told them I wasn't satisfied. They refused. Now, I'm stuck with a printer that doesn't work and isn't even backed by their company.
Epson is NOT the place to purchase a printer. They don't hold up even for the warranty period. They do NOT honor their warranty. They are the worst of the worst for printers. DO NOT BUY EPSON PRODUCTS

aviona1
5/11/17

I bought my printer from staples less than a year ago...after calling support and trying to start it, they are shipping me a new replacement!

amans11
3/8/17

Have 2 epson units, really happy with them for a few years. One developed an issue feeding ink from the cartridge and support is basically non-existent. Sad.

richardj5
6/21/16

Steve C's review here doesn't belong--he's reviewing the product, not the site. Moreover, his assertion that "Nobody really can compete" is ridiculous unless he's made a thorough investigation of all competing products, which is not credible.

My review is of the site, as used for support. The written support is pretty good. But think hard before you phone for support. The level 1 support personnel (the ones who take your call) are almost universally clueless, and will take an unbelievable amount of your time, which may or may not solve your issue. The level 2 personnel (to which level 1 can connect you) may be better, but don't depend on it.

I speak from sad experience with my XP-420 printer, which although I rarely need to use it has necessitated a dozen support calls in just a few months. Every time I call I'm kept on the phone for close to an hour or more.

stevec22
5/26/10

Nobody really can compete with epson printers for the semi-professional photography market. Canon is trying but sadly their inks/papers just do not meet the criteria that epson has created for itself over the years. I highly recommend their higher end printers and have the 3880 myself. Inks are a little pricey but if you want you can buy 3rd party inks or papers but IMO those are not as good as the epson originals. I will say do not buy the inks here, but instead do a bing search for epson inks and get it cheaper. I would recommend buying the printers here because they will offer you a warranty and for printers I think that is essential as the drum or something is always going to break if you use it enough.

Questions? Get answers from the Epson America staff and other customers.

Epson America?