eHarmony.ca

eHarmony.ca has a consumer rating of 1.38 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about eHarmony.ca most frequently mention cancellation policy problems. eHarmony.ca ranks 318th among Dating sites.

How would you rate eHarmony.ca?

“You get out what you put in”

Juan A.
10/11/16

Works the same on any good dating site, like eHarmony, Mingle2day or Match. If you stay active and invest some time in a nice and creative profile you will meet many (intersting) people.

“Canadians beware of eharmony.ca”

T A.
1/2/21

eharmony.ca won't refund Candians... I feel others should be aware of their bias towards Canadians. As a proud Canadian, I feel all Canadians should know so that no other Canadian gets blindsided by eharmony.ca. You should all know the truth before signing up with eharmony.ca. I want to start off by saying, I really believed all the commercials about eharmony, of what a great dating site it was and how every 14 minutes someone finds their love match. It seemed to have a great reputation but unfortunately I was greatly disappointed by the truth about their site. I signed up to eharmony.ca (not. Com) as I live in Canada. Yes it was expensive even with their so called "rebate" but I figured I owe it to myself as I'm truly looking for love. Sadly, I quickly realized that there are limited options on this site, about 5 men matched my search criteria which wasn't extravagant to say the least (my search criteria was a very average ask). I read their cancellation policy and it states that within the first 3 days if you cancel, you will get a fully refund. As it was the third day, I wrote them an email as it says to do on their site and asked for one. A customer service representative wrote me back to inform me as I'm Canadian I'm not entitled to the full refund. But as stated in section 12. C of their cancellation policy within the 3 days with s premium membership which is what I purchased, I'm supposed to be fully refunded (which is not marked in that section that only Canadians won't get their money back). Such discrimination against Canadian clients like myself and many others I'm sure who were never granted their fully refund or any refund of any kind. Canadians DO NOT sign up for eharmony.ca! It's false advertisement, with matches they don't have for you and you won't get any of your money back as stated would in their policy in section 12. C. Canadians it is better to try match.com, Bumble, or any other site that actually has matches available without ripping you off, price and quality wise. Canadian beware of eharmony.ca as we don't have equal right as their other clients in the states do. In 2021 that's really backwards thinking. Now you know all you need to know about eharmony.ca. Extremely Limited matches, high membership price and no refund. Don't waste your money! Avoid at your cost fellow Canadians.

ta250
January 2nd, 2021
Verified purchase

eharmony.ca won't refund Candians...
I feel others should be aware of their bias towards Canadians.

You should all know the truth before signing up with eharmony.ca.

Limited matches, high membership price and no refund. Don't waste your money!
Avoid at your cost fellow Canadians.

Tip for consumers:
Canadians do NOT sign up to eharmony.ca!
Extremely limited matches, expensive membership price and no refund.

juana69
October 11th, 2016

jaynen
January 25th, 2021

I'm thoroughly disappointed in this company. My husband recently passed away and my sister encouraged me to sign up with eharmony. After 20 minutes, I contacted eharmony and requested a refund and cancellation of my contract... I was definitely within the 3 day cancellation policy period.
They refused both of my requests.
Most of the matches they give you are with men who look like they're on welfare - it was a complete joke. Furthermore, 95% of the men lived over 2 hours away from me.
I contacted eharmony numerous times requesting cancellation - each time my request is denied.
I'm so disappointed in this company. Their reputation will eventually surface. I'm going to share my experience with anyone who asks or any review site I can find so others don't have to be robbed like I was.

Tip for consumers:
Extremely poor customer service, no value and bad quality - giving them 1 star is being generous. They don't honour their cancellation policy.

ellieg20
July 31st, 2020

Please don't get sucked in no matter how desperate you feel! Impossible to cancel your membership. You can't cancel online(althought the website leads you to believe you can) You have to email or write. But no one ever answers your emails and there is no phone number to call. There is absolutely no customer service. So now I have to write to California? I guess I have to send a registered letter because how else will I know if they have received it? For all I know it's a bogus address like their bogus profiles... Obviously there is no accountability.
There must be some way to warn lonely vulnerable people to avoid this site! Avoid it like the plague.

mariac205
March 12th, 2017

If you are here to research eHarmony BEFORE you join, consider yourself blessed! I wish I had been wise enough to do that. If I could give it a lower rating, I would!

I have been a member for a full month and have not received a single valid communication of any kind. Other than a one line question (are you interested?) from someone 4 hours away. Well beyond my geographical requirements.

I sent them 3 separate emails asking for feedback. Was there a technical problem? Did I do something wrong in completing my profile? Not even an acknowledgment.

I had several male & female friends look at my profile & they all said it was fine, normal and appropriate. I sent out numerous overtures. Nothing. I even sent one to a person living nearby & asked that he simply respond with a 'yes' if he received my message. Nothing.

And the fact that they require a 6 month MINIMUM to sign up should have been a major red flag. Their 'free communication' weekends are a complete fraud too.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: DO NOT SIGN UP WITH EHARMONY.
I am out $240.00 with absolutely no recourse. I work on commission and this is really going to hurt.

Best of luck - considered yourself warned.
From the Toronto, Ontario area

jeffreyw44
November 23rd, 2016

Jeffrey Wolter I would like to stop payment after my trial I have till may but I have no 1 responding if thay could look into it b nice im basicly just given these guys money

davidc373
June 11th, 2016

So I met someone through eHarmony and all is good. I went onto their site and shut down my account including the auto renewal portion of the billing. About 8 months later I see a charge on my Visa card for $221.00 for the next six-month fee. This is an unauthorized charge and when I called I eHarmony all I get is that the auto renewal button was not set to for (which I know is not true) and there for I was billed another fee. Watch your settings on this site, and by that I mean all the settings including the auto renew, These guys will steal your eyeballs and come back fpor the sockets.

cariec1
November 25th, 2014

I signed up for EHarmony being a single lady looking for a nice guy. None of the matches I received were my type, let alone lived within 5 hours of my home. I live in a city! Not a remote district!

So I ended up paying for the subscription anyways cause I signed up for it. All of a sudden months later I get a charge of $55.80 on my Visa from EHarmony. Weird since I don't use their misleading service. I call them and the lady I talked wasn't able to help me but took my information. Soon after I receive an email: Attached at the bottom! I continued to get charged 2 more payments of $55.80... a total of $167.40... over the past three months, Let alone the first $167.40 I ate for signing up(Yes I am a single mom of two kids but that's not the point)...

That's a total of $334.80 taken where I received nothing but a headache! I feel completely taken advantage of by EHarmony and they need to be stopped from their false advertising and sneaky scams!

~Carrie

RE: Thank you for contacting eHarmony.

We understand that you have requested a refund and are happy to review this matter; however, eHarmony is not required to provide a refund outside our cancellation period. We ask that you please take a moment to review the Cancellation and Refund Policy outlined in our Terms and Conditions of Service. The Cancellation Policy can be found at the following link: http://www.eharmony.ca/about/terms/#12

For automatic-renewal transactions, please note that the Cancellation Policy does not apply, as automatic-renewal is a product feature that members control to ensure uninterrupted service of the current subscription.

Should your particular request and circumstances differ from those outlined in our Terms and Conditions, we ask that you respond directly to this email with the following information:

1) What is the email address used to create your account?

2) Does your refund request fall within our 3-Day Cancellation Policy?

3) What is the reason your refund request warrants an exception to our policy?

Your case will be assigned to a Trust & Safety Specialist who will review your request. Please allow 7-10 business days for a response.

Sincerely,

EHarmony, Inc.

Questions? Get answers from the eHarmony.ca staff and other customers.

Try Online Dating For FREE! Register Now & See Compatible Canadian Singles. Our Dating Services Are For The Relationship-Minded. Start Now & Find Love

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony.ca?

Have a question about eHarmony.ca?