Review of eBid

382 NE 191st St #42012
Miami, FL 33179-3899, United Kingdom

jamesx
9/17/10
Signed up and paid for 7-days membership. 1 hour later I can't log into my account.

I search for their email but can't find it on their website. Finally I found it after searching Google (*****@ebid.net). I email them and a day later they email me back asking for my phone number so they can call me. So I give it to them (again) and never received a call from them.

I try signing in again to see if they resolved the problem and just never told me. Now I get a page asking me to upload a banking statement and copy of my passport. No thanks, I rather not have my identity stolen.

Total waste of time, I'm half way through the membership I paid for and never got to use it once. I called my credit card company and they are going to reverse the charges.

Don't waste your time with ebid. I beginning to think any positive reviews I've read about them were just written by ebid employees.
norberts
8/5/10
E-bid is an alternative Web-Site to post your used or new items you want to auction off. Compared to E-Bay, yes it lacks some advertisement and yes there are more lookers than buyers. Almost seems that the E-Bay community is coming over to check on the price tags.
On both sites, you'll have to bring along a lot of common sense and experience in order to NOT get burned. When it comes to fee's charged E-Bay is by far the leader and it can get as high as 25% on E-BAY/PAYPAL.
On E-Bid in the contrary you can achieve a listing including a final sale for no fees. This however is a very plain auction without any Gallery Pictures or such. But you can have the actual Auction showing images of your item without extra fee.
I purchased the Lifetime package for about $50.00 and am very happy with this one time expense. On e-bay this can be the fees for a single auction depending on value.
Conclusion is, if you browse around and make a few smart choices, you'll be able to auction off your stuff without the fee's.
Granted, E-Bay has possibly a larger buying audience and selling may not always run as planned on E-Bid and you have to be more patient. In the end it is a very easy calculation and you'll see that e-bid is truly much less if not totally free.
Nobody that I know off is able to live on nothing, so E-Bid needs to make a few bucks too.
allynb
7/24/10
I have sold on ebay and ebid. No problems on ebid plenty of problems on ebay. Bought several items on ebay and never got them. This is not the sites problem but a seller problem. Ebay keeps making changes that make it difficult to sell and have 6 times the cost. Why would anyone sell on EBAY when they can sell on ebid. Also for the buyer there are better prices as the seller does not have to absorb the high fees. It is new to North America and will catch on as soon as EBAY runs all the sellers off which is in the near future.
nancya5
6/27/10
Why does Ebid require a registration just to browse the items for sale? I won't bother with it because of this. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Make it user friendly and easy and you'll have the world knocking down your door. Make me jump through hoops and I'll just walk away with my money still in my pocket.
angelam1
6/22/10
I paid for two items via paypal. No goods received and cannot contact ebid. Seller does not respond to my emails. Am now going to contact paypal.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE11
billj2
5/10/10
EBID is a commercial site that exploits consumers by offering auctions with no consumer protection or vendor audit, and will not offer support when the "bid" fails. Combine this with PAYPAL's ruthless indifference and you have an unholy alliance. These organisations will take me back to the high street.
jwn
5/7/10
Several months ago I signed up on ebid to sell. I paid the $49.95 memberships fee so I could list free. I had to go to work out of town for a few months and came back about 3 months ago. I started to list auctions on ebid. I was also listing the same auctions on ebay and started listing on ebid more because of the free auctions. 5 days ago, I get up and go to ebid and I can't get in. I emailed ebid wanting to know what was going on. I got up this morning and finally they responded why they canceled my auctions and membership. They said they do not list airsoft and business opportunites on their site. Also they said they do not let ebay sellers sell on their site that you have to not sell on ebay while listing on ebid site. I think this is a bunch of bull crock.
I have been listing on ebid for about 3 months with a lot of auctions and have only sold 1 item on auction. You have lookers but no buyers on ebid.
Listing on ebid is a waste of time plus if you list something they do not like, they will cancel not only your auctions, but they will cancel your membership also.
I have listed airsoft items, business opportunites on ebay and they do not cancel my auctions on these items nor does ebay cancel my membership. If you list a item on ebay that is against the listing policies, they(ebay) will cancel the auction and email you why and you get to keep on listing on ebay. Ebid ought to go out of business the way they treat sellers.

ANOTHER THING TO THINK ABOUT IS WHY EBID DOES NOT GIVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL WHEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEM.

I wonder why this is -- NO PHONE NUMBER to call and talk to ebid.

I know that ebid people will read this and I ask you why do you not furnish a phone number so people can get in touch with you.
PLEASE RESPOND TO MY QUESTION EBID.

JW
kittyh
4/23/10
I'm sorry for those who have had a bad run of things. It isn't ebid's fault that a seller was bad or that people looked but did not buy an item they put up for auction. Nor can ebid or any auction site make people look at what you are selling. Perhaps you could try selling something more popular or at a better price.
I both buy and sell on ebid and I love it WAY more than e-bay. The tools for selling/preparing your auction are way more user friendly.
It's a fantastic site & I think everyone should give it a try to see for themselves.
rachaelm1
4/9/10
This site is a complete SCAM! I've had legitimite auctions closed twice whilst they take fees from me, without any direct link to customer services I cannot obtain a refund. Whilst the auctions were running I had 2 views in a week for a popular item. They believe they are a challenger to Ebay, not a chance, utter nonsense, the site may have a good look but the service is THE WORST ON THE NET-AVOID!!!
hemlockb
3/11/10
Ebid is an awful site. A 'one-off' fee is charged up front with the promise of no more fees, they then add a fee to every sale. They never advertise themselves, relying on their customers to do it for them. The traffic through the site is fairly high but no-one there seems to be making any sales. This is a shame because the site looks good, is relatively easy to navigate and has everything in place to make it work except decent management. But I suppose, if they charge up-front, then they see no reason to do anything for their money. If you're looking for a viable alternative to ebay then I suggest you pass this site by.
user56
10/6/08
Ebid.net scam - I was a new buyer to Ebid.net. Bought two seperate items from two seperate sellers. Paid for both items by paypal. Never recieved either item. No responce from the sellers and no help from Ebid. Paypal has opened a claim against both. Ebid is a scam web-site, and I strongly suggest you stay away from it. Ebid does nothing to assist you in getting your money back. They are nothing but "THIEVES"
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Questions? Get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

5 Photos for eBid