Review of Digi-Key Corp

Tel: 1-800-344-4539
ken.kalvoda@digikey.com

yongc14
2/13/19

I purchase components from Digi-Key for 10+ years, even I worked for various companies. They used to be OK for delivery until today. They suddenly told me that I have to pay $25 fee to receive what I ordered because somebody in the company that I worked with own them $25.00 GAB letter service collection fee. Note, it is not me, somebody else! I joined my current company in 10 month and that person left before I came. How shall I pay fee for somebody that I do not know. But anyway, they just do not want to release what I ordered before I pay $25 for somebody that I do not know. I would suggest that we should not be loyalty to any company and we should buy from different sellers since they will not care you after they become bigger.

johns3286
2/4/19

I used to buy lots of 7400 series IC for projects. Good times. Of course I'd need resistors, and capacitors and lots of other random stuff. It's all here.

carlaf14
3/19/18

I hate to admit it but I've been ordering electronic parts for almost 60 years - starting with ordering from the encyclopedic 'Allied Radio' catalog in the 1950's. I was heartbroken when they were bought out by the Rat Shack (Radio Shack)

So then I found DigiKey - an online store with incredible inventory and excellent service. Our company develops and manufactures short runs (prototype quantities) of custom electronic devices for our clients - making 100 of something is rare for us, usually it's 10 or 25 pieces.- and Digikey seems happy enough with our small orders.

No minimum order (although the postage or UPS is sometimes more than the parts we order) and their website ha an excellent search facility and selection matrix for parts that makes finding and ordering easy. You also get real-time information on pricing and stock status for the parts you order. They even let you assign your own part numbers to the parts that you order and then they arrive with our part numbers on the labels. Pretty cool!

Their prices are quantity based and in hundreds or thousands of pieces it looks like you get the same deal as the big boys -

In dozens (maybe hundreds, I've lost count) of orders we've placed with Digikey only once or twice have they shipped the wrong part - and a phone call or email gets it sorted out very quickly.

Tip for consumers: Definitely worth a try for electronic components!

timmh1
9/21/17

the most simple orders take weeks to process. They cancel orders without notifying you. absolutely terrible!!! extremely terrible to deal with.

dm19
9/7/11

After a bad experience with buying Ni-MH phone batteries from Premiumstore.com I found Digikey.com. I still needed 2 batteries for a third phone and went looking for a better price for a pair, but later on in the day. This company didn't appear on the list of sites when I found Premiumstore but I guess it depends on what you put in the browser. They also advertised "Panasonic" batteries and that's what I got. They were $3.15 each + shipping! I wish I had found them first! You also got a choice of how you wanted them shipped. USPS was only $2.22 and they arrived in 2 or 3 days.

Questions? Get answers from the Digi-Key Corp staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Digi-Key Corp