Review of Depop

Depop reviews

report@depop.com

duanec42
4/21/19

Ordered an item from reds boutique who is in the UK and I am in the US. Seller was quick to add that the item shipped through PayPal transaction. After a few weeks, I requested tracking info and was informed there was none and it was optional during purchase, which it wasn't. After another week or so, I started a resolution process through PayPal. The seller messaged me asking why I did this. Somehow the seller now had tracking info although there was no carrier so now way to track it. Seller then added a carrier. There was no destination in the tracking info and no activity for close to a month. Shipment could have been for anyone.
I then left a negative 1 star review for the seller. Depop removed it as they say because I used buyer beware and stay in in my feedback, it was a personal attack against the seller. Never mind that the seller was just trying to steal people's money, they didn't care about that. They remove negative reviews as that keeps the money coming in for them.

morganar1
4/2/19

Worst experience ever , an account was agressive and ask me to sell her a dress for free , she became nasty and make me look like a stupid personn , I tell her nicely I am going to check tomorrow how much is the postage and she continue being agressive . The next day she told me she don't want it and ask me to refund . I tell her yes and she open a case on PayPal saying I don't want to refund her and I have not send her the dress and starting to make me look like a stupid girl . After telling her that she is a kid depop block my account for a week !!!
There is no justice and it's unfair !!
Go on vinted it's much better
The account of the girl was @nicsstore
Be aware of her Nicole MCNALLY

adrianag51
Jacob P.
3/28/19

Scammer. Scammed my friend refused to give him his money back after cheap clothes material ripped. Completely unprofessional do not buy from this person!!!

bests14
3/26/19

I have my booth at Depop app for a year, as I have been trying to declutter my closets. I spread my items over various apps. So far I didn't have a single sale. People follow you, and if you follow back, you only see the items listed by the people you follow! I have yet to figure out how to see NEW item listings!!
At this point, I will no longer waste my time adding new items. I'll still keep my booth open, since I put some time and energy to build there my booth ....
Perhaps you might have better luck.

Tip for consumers: If you have time to give it a try, go ahead. I hope it works for you. Besides, at this point, I am trying to declutter and sell stuff I have accumulated.
It's hard to see new listings, the way most apps work. This apps seems to have major shortcomings to discover new listings. I end up seeing only new items of people I follow....

lonelyi
2/11/19

After hearing that some people used this platform to sell their unwanted items, we thought we'd give it a go too. All our items had invoices & receipts.
After making a complaint about a scammer we had our account closed.
We then attempted to open another after seeing a multitude of other accounts saying they used to operate under one account but DePop deleted them. This account was then deleted by DePop.
It appears that if you are a law abiding person with legitimate items DePop doesn't support you.
If you want to scam, money launder, break the law then DePop is the place for you.
This "company" is clearly run by scammers who don't abide by the laws in the countries they operate.
If you are a genuine person for the love of god don't bother with this waste of space. They're bullies who align themselves with common thieves.
Not worth the effort.
Oh and they ensure that they're not register under the BBB or Trading Stabdards. That in itself is a telltale sign!

madiz
1/7/19

i have bought off this website previously and things were good until i bought a pair of shoes $202 for air forces ordered them onthe 4th of november and it still hasn't showed up, i've msgd this person multiple times and she said that shes not glued to the package and hasn't refunded me. by the way i never even got a tracking number for them. this lady lives in sydney and i live on the fold coast it doesn't take two months for a package to arrive

hannaht52
11/1/18

Delete accounts for no reason or warning - I had my account falsey deleted numerous times, they always reactivated it after harassing the customer service team (because they barely respond to emails) but would keep making up excuses to delete the account. They do not support small businesses if you exist outside of Depop, because they only care about making money (10% fee is ridiculous) and if they see you with your own platforms to sell they will try and get rid of your Depop account because they are greedy. Customer service team are rude, unprofessional, accusatory and ignore emails - very normal to have to chase up multiple times. Depop offer NO protection, it's all Paypal so if Paypal make a decision against you Depop won't do anything. However, the app is great if you're looking for over priced charity shop items.

ahmeda241
8/15/18

Yes its not safe, I had very bad experience with this app, it's not the app itself but the people who managing it in the UK , one of them called Grace she ordered an item from me then she asked for refund and I refunded her but she didn't send me back my item, instead she closed my account.
The people who managing this app in the UK are NOT professionals, and one like Grace is truly thief.
For parents do not allow your kids to use that app its NOT safe to give Depop your bank account details or your Paypal details.

rabeek
7/24/18

what a load of unprofessional idiots!!!banned my account for 2 customers not receiving the items fair enough,then i prove the tracking numbers and everything was sent and signed, so i get told all will be reactivate in 48 hours, 6 days later nothing has happened and they are ignoring my messages. quick enough to ban you yet takes days and days to get it back up an running...absolute joke

ambern31
7/17/18

Depop refused to reinburse money after seller disappeared, the only communication from them stated that I needed to contact a different department which proved impossible. £70 out of pocket.

lesh40
7/13/18

depop deactivated my account because someone messaged me about paying for an item outside of the app. I never bought the item, but apparently the messages from the seller were enough proof that I did.

depop then told me my account would be reinstated after a 7 day ban. I told them where to stick the account, and that I would not entertain the idea of using them again if they can treat genuine customers like this.

It's their loss, I'm selling things on facebook marketplace and gumtree now (no selling fees)

I would advise anyone not to use depop, as they are very untrustworthy and will delete your account for no apparent reason (I was lucky, I didn't have any current transactions with them so I did not lose any money)

darbyl1
7/1/18

I cant even search on the app because of the amount off glitching and the thumbnails are very small so you cant really see what you are looking at, and I have a LARGE phone.

I had high hopes for this app but ended up very disappointed.

ad9276
4/30/18

For the 3rd or 4th time in the year or less I've been using Depop, I've yet again purchased something from a verified user who is ACTIVE, has ACTIVE LISTINGS, POSITIVE REVIEWS - and not only do they NEVER ship my item (after a week) but they have not once responded to any comments, messages about where item is or what's going on, or even the Paypal dispute I had to open to get my money back. And guess what? THEY'VE BEEN ACTIVE EVERY DAY THE ENTIRE TIME (the app tells you on the person's profile when they were last active on the app) and what does Depop do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. This EXACT scenario has happened to me several other times, and every single time the person is allowed to keep buying and selling without repercussions. Depop doesn't have standards - all they care about are ratings from dumbsh*t, useless, phone-addicted teenagers, like all of the ones who have tried and failed to scam me.
Also, enough with this "influencer" garbage. The only people who are considered "influencers" on Depop are all of the kids still living with their parents, not having to pay rent or work a job like the rest of us while they "build their brand" and "disrupt the industry" - because guess what? They have the free time and the complete lack of responsibilities to facilitate that.

tiab15
3/16/18

I'm quite new to Depop, having only purchased 10 or so items from it. I always check the reviews of the person I am buying from and make sure they never have less than 4 stars. There was a time when I needed to make a claim that I had not received my item and when offered a refund, the individual asked for bank details. Because this doesn't follow Depop guidelines and I don't like giving out bank details to anyone, I made a claim on the Help/Support function of the app. I received a reply just 4 hours after I sent off my report - amazing! The reply I got was very informing, very helpful and very friendly! I am impressed such a large company is so efficient and am very appreciative of their quick response.

granta15
3/16/18

I have used depop for 3 years now. I have been scammed numerous times, and lost money every single time. Depop does not have customer service or support. They will email you only to say there is nothing they can do, not matter what the problem is! Even if they AGREE that you were wronged, you are 100% S.O.L.
Buyers and sellers scam you with INCREDIBLE EASE. If you don't pay with paypal, you will lose MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY.
Customer support is NON EXISTENT. All they know how to do is say "sorry there's nothing we can do!"
They play favoritism HARDCORE with their older accounts. I have only been put on the explore page twice in three years, I take amazing photos, and I've sold over 300 items. But still, I am never featured on the explore page. If I could, I would warn EVERY depop seller to stay away. They do not care about you at all.

harryw58
3/12/18

I've had a Depop account for just over a year, and listed a model car for sale. I haven't had a buyer, but I have used the site to browse for things that I like. Today I had an email to say my account had been suspended, due to 'innappropriate contact'!!
I never message anyone on depop, haven't left any feedback, haven't had any reason to write to anyone on there (although I have had messages from sellers asking if I want to buy items, but I don't usually reply)
After searching google for 'depop reviews', I found almost every site gives it only one star! I won't be using depop again, there are plenty of other selling sites to use (and don't cost anything either! shpock and gumtree seem better)

robertp340
1/17/18

Depop have closed my successful selling account for no reason that they can tell me. Many months of faultless sales & happy customers, 100% positive feedback, many hundreds of followers all count for nothing if one of their customer service teams believes you have breached their Tc&Cs - but they won't tell me what I've done, or when. That is if they bother to reply to my messages at all, which they don't.

Bloody shocking customer service.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother trying to sell on Depop - they'll close you down for no apparent reason.

savannahc15
1/12/18

I love Depop, however I do believe it is the user's responsibility to look for clues about scams. They are everywhere online. It's like in school when you learn what sources are reliable. Every time I've had a question, the employees reach out within 12 hours. They are so understanding and helpful. Thank you, Depop!

lauras286
11/13/17

I had a seller grossly misrepresent the item she sent me. At first I thought it might have been an honest mistake, so tried contacting her. Her response was basically "oh well you can sell it to make your money back."

So, I left her a negative review and contacted DePop. DePop refused to help, saying that I had to go through PayPal. Meanwhile, the seller started threatening me via personal messages.

Based on the evidence, PayPal ruled lightning-fast in my favour, but I had to return the items. So I ended up being a lot out of pocket for the shipping.

But, I figured even though I didn't get much of a "refund" (only about $3 once the cost of return shipping was factored in), that I was finally through all of this.

Just yesterday DePop emails me to claim that I left "inappropriate" and/or "dishonest" feedback and that they've put a strike against my account.

I'm guessing that the seller (scammer) wanted the review removed. Rather than trying to contact me, or find out that PayPal had ruled that the seller was in the wrong, they just punish the victim and allow the seller to continue scamming.

Absolutely horrible service. Do not use.

elizabethm40
11/9/17

In theory Depop is a good idea, however, it needs it's users to abide by the rules. At the moment Depop claims they are a simple marketplace, because of this their customer service is awful and any problems have to be raised through Paypal. Unlike eBay they don't have a resolution center, or any of the same buyer protections in place. The main problems with Depop is that items just stay listed on the app, there is no expiry. I have found that i have bought things from people who no longer have the app or have changed their email, so the items don't arrive. I've also bought counterfeit items listed as genuine and have had a nightmare getting my money back. Another thing is that there are a lot of teenage girls who are selling on this app, they don't necessarily know how to correctly list and describe items and so I've also bought items which have not been described correctly. If you are a buyer, just beware. Before you buy, ask questions and make sure the seller is still using Depop. For now i've stopped using the app, just because of all the problems i was having. If they make improvements like sort out their customer service, offer buyer protection, make tracking information available for items, then i may start using it again. But for now, my advice is to stay away and use eBay.

jannaw6
8/16/17

Depop is definitely one of the worst shopping apps out there. Not only is Depop full of scammers, the customer service is absolute garbage. I was never sent the items I purchased, and when I contacted Depop asking for a refund, the customer service was very unprofessional and rude. They didn't even try to offer any help, and had PayPal deal with the issue, which took 30 days. I definitely would not recommend this app. Stay away from it. There are so many other alternative shopping websites and apps that are ran much more professionally.

shannony4
8/6/17

stole 9 dollars from me for a shipping fee - when I used my own funds to ship the item - customer service was rude and ignorant when I tried to get it refunded -- garbage company to deal with -- never again

lounatm
7/31/17

The WORST shopping app. Full of scammer sellers. Depop offer no help when you are trying to get a refund due to a 'scammer seller' not actually ever sending your purchased item, instead they send you over to PayPal to deal with it, and that takes 30 days. Please go and use the many other professional shopping apps available. Depop is so unprofessionally ran, and I would avoid this useless company/app at all costs.

emmaj61
7/25/17

Same experience of everyone else on here. Had a great account, great feedback. Had my account suspended. Yet I had listed items I'd bought off other sellers who had active not suspended accounts. They claimed my items were used - ok so what impression are you giving allowing people to sell you items that then when they re list them, you close their account down for? Your site sells these things. They breach all major rules in the cosmetic industry claiming perfume and other items are health and safety risks. This is false, no high end beauty company risks customers safety with perfume testers available for the public to use. These are sealed containers. Impossible to contaminate. Depop is a disgrace and if they are unregulated and an app promoting second hand items - they should not be closing people's accounts down. And keeping the extortionate fees, not refunding those. Offer no customer service for the fees charged unlike eBay. If you have a problem they pass you off to paypal. Absolutely disgusting app which is over run by scammers and sad little girls in bedrooms who are jealous if you complain about an item they've scammed you for and try to report your items to get your account shut. Too $#*!y, too backstabbing and the awfulness of social media - trolling and vinducituve behaviour, is allowed on here which results in innocent sellers getting targeted, abused and then their account shut down. Depop doesn't care and this app should be shut down. It's not in line with any laws, their beauty section is a mess, they take all your listings down then close your account down. But support scammers! Grace is rude and doesn't care, I've reported then to reading standards and taking legal action against them. I advise everyone else too aswell. The more people who complain to trading standards and legally the sooner this app will have to change.

envoip
6/12/17

1st:
Many buyers are scammers. They use treats to make off your items like: pretended didn't receive the items, or said that your items are not authentic. which you have tracking number and requested signature, and you are 100% sure the item you sold are original which you bought from official stores back in the days. So paypal and depot will refund their money, so they will have the money and NEVER send back the items to me. which means, they have the money and the items!! What a disgusting selling path. I have sell on Ebay, Etsy and i also have my own website, i never experienced such a disgusting selling experiences.

2nd: And Depop never stand on your side, their customer service will never get to reply you (funny right?) not even one reply, i am curious about how they run this business.

3rd: Also Depop they are TOTALLY LACK of Vintage luxury items knowledges, they will keep removing your Vintage items said its not original. This is totally unbelievable, which i have been selling vintage items all my life and this is my main professional. I requested to talk to the so called depot verify expert, they have no reply which means they refuse it right?. WHY? because they know we are more experienced on vintage them them, and they just want keep some face. or this is how to make off our seller's money too. Because they took 10% commissions for every sales, but if there have any disputes then that 10% will not give back to buyer. which means seller loses their products, money and still need to pay off the extra 10% commission that they took off from seller from EACH sales. Ridiculous!

As a experienced 15 years of seller on the internet with excellent reputation. If Depop didn't improve this serious problems what i mentioned above. They will end up fail in this business and closed.

Think twice before you join them as seller.

Depop is a platform to sell. They have individuals having their own booths there.

By Best S.

Questions? Get answers from the Depop staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Depop