Review of Daily Kos

Tel: +1-514-289-2429
kos@dailykos.com

rap5
2/21/19

Wrote an article promoting Tulsi Gabbard, the article was taken down and I am restricted from making any comments to any of their articles.

staceyh89
8/28/18

Have been reading daily kos for awhile and began noticing the posters are mostly the same and they speak to each other with the familiarity of a club. Which is fine, until you ask some questions they don't want to hear. Have you ever read the rules of the road over there? What hogwash. So if an established poster tells you "you can die mad"...that's fine...but push the issue, try to expand your question and you are dismissed like you're nothing to them. They appear to break down into the bullies and the bowers...thanks but no thanks
I'm a big girl who has seen bullies before and will again...just always startling when it happens where you thought they were better than that.

joar
5/16/18

I wrote a comment about an article with a differing opinion than those that had been previously posted, was accused and threatened as a "troll", and was blocked.

Many of the comments following this article promoted an agenda of hate and violence towards those who didn't agree.

Previously,I had found the articles posted to be well put viewpoints, but If you don't promote their agenda, you are not allowed to participate. To me this perpetuates the "us vs them" mentality that they rail against. It certainly is NOT an unbiased forum, and promotes hate speech.

helene175
4/8/18

Keeps me informed on all 50 states, sometimes crass, but always fair in evaluations, enjoy getting it every day.

carlaf14
3/19/18

I read blogs from both the Red and Blue sides to get a balance.

Some posts on each are utter garbage - but reading both gives insight.

Kos is no better or worse - but I have found their information - particularly the insights and narrative into the Trump presidency - not only useful but endlessly entertaining.

Tip for consumers: Use your critical thinking skills - there is much to be learned on this site if you keep an open mind.

msp9
1/19/18

Lately, every polite, evidence backed post I have made to this site concerning the gaping holes in the Russiagate narrative has been unceremoniously yanked for no good reason. When anther poster questioned why some of these comments were being blocked (usually within an hour of posting them), the moderators denied doing so. This is censorship at it's worst. The Kos is engaged in a deliberate and wholesale deceit of it's own readership and ought to be called to account for the very same Stalinist behaviour indulged in by Trump and his fake news warriors. They are using their platform in social media for the purposes of suppressing dissent and manipulating facts. There ought to be somewhere to go to complain about this.

virginiat34
10/16/17

I have no problem with "slant" per se on a website - all sites have them, you read them or you don't - but the problem with DailyKos isn't slant. It's the site's proto-fascism in demanding absolute adherence to a particular set of ideas (and as a prof of political science I don't use the term "fascism" lightly). DailyKos says it doesn't remove posts, but it does worse - it gives "trusted" users complete power to flag and censor comments, and it takes just two such flags to remove your comment. This means that no deviation from what these users consider the "correct" one, even a "friendly amendment," is allowed. As a result of this abdication of responsibility by the editors, a few narrow-minded ideologues are free to act as gatekeepers to stifle democratic discussion. I discovered this the hard way: like another person commenting here, I offered my firsts comment (polite, no unprofessional language, just calling for caution on the Russia question) and was promptly trashed and insulted by a string of childish nasty responses calling me a bot, a "kamikazi drone strike," etc. Worse, the very first reply "flagged" my comment for deletion and it was then "hidden" along with the nasty replies so my point was effectively censored. As someone who is regularly trashed for being too "liberal" I found this astounding! All a reader has to do to remove a view s/he doesn't like is flag it? How convenient! And my effort to reach the editors to protest came to nothing. Aside from the damage to any democratic ethos, DailyKos only reinforces stereotypes about progressive politics rather than breaking them down. I've found some info from its mail lists useful, which I'll miss, but I don't think this kind of nasty groupthink should be encouraged so I will unsubscribe and encourage others to do the same.

rollandh15
5/7/17

Daily Kos is not worthy of reading. It is fake news. Trash Can product!!!!!!!!!!!!! Test it for the TRUTH!!!

Tip for consumers: Test Daily Kos for the truth

stephenb129
4/13/17

This Mark Summer guy strings quotes together to feed the ignorant. Out of context unexplainable jibberish.

rong88
1/29/17

I have never ran into this site. I saw it on a google search. The recent article about Fake News was an amazing hatchet job. I have listened to conservative talk radio personality Laura Ingraham. Very conservative but well read and a long successful career.
Before you freak, I was a Bill Clinton fan, was an avid CNN guy and voted for liberal Trudeau in Canada. I just want to say that the Dems and many on CNN have lost their minds and civility (not Anderson, Fareed or Armanpour). And remember...the Clinton foundation /influence peddling got the Dems to stay home and not vote. .. so Kos...Your part of the swamp and fake news!!

karenr125
8/18/16

After years of reading Daily Kos, I felt motivated to make my first comment, ever. Based on that one comment ... I was banned for life! I am a professional, a grandmother, UC Berkeley educated, and have 40+ years of education and insight into many topics, concerning science and health. But Daily Kos decided I was on an "anti science rant". So I have decided Daily Kos could care less for facts, and wanted to silence my "inconvenient voice" as soon as possible. How is it that a liberal and progressive publication can ... without warning whatsoever... ban a commenter for life after a single comment. This stifles meaningful, intelligent and diverse conversation. If Daily Kos doesn't want my intelligent, thoughtful comments concerning science, then Daily Kos is not a publication worthy of my attention. I believe Big Pharma has infiltrated, and Daily Kos is theirs for propaganda.

jamesm480
7/16/16

Daily Kos has interesting political mini-articles and some insightful commentary after them. However, it is no longer a go to site for me because it's become nothing but a propaganda tool for the founder's favorite presidential candidate. It's poorly run, with far too little proactive and responsible moderation. Any Democrats writing on the site who criticize Hillary Clinton, or express any opinions that are outside the scope of what the owner and a certain group of users believe is acceptable for a Democrat are immediately swarmed with insults, called "shills," "rightwing," "libertarians," and so on, and by flagging those who don't fit their narrow definition of what it means to be a Democrat, they get those voices banned immediately. Why would a thinking person want to frequent such a site, let alone contribute to it?

I'm a flaming liberal and I don't consider censuring differing and critical voices, especially those from within, a liberal position. Rather, I consider it authoritarian and unhealthy for any community. For that reason, I do not feel Daily Kos deserves to be called a politically liberal or progressive website.

In fact, the censuring of diverse voices of even other Democrats has become so incessant, I now have doubts as to whether the site is even what it claims to be. It appears to me that what it really is is a way to make money for the owner. Other people do all the writing at no cost to him and he makes money from the site, while at the same time promoting himself in liberal/Democratic circles so that he has access to even more influence, and thereby, more economic opportunity. Now that I've reached that conclusion, I feel like I've been had. I don't read the site anymore because I won't lend my support to a con artist.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother. Find a balanced, truly liberal site.

patm105
5/20/16

I am not happy about the slant the Daily KOS has taken against Sanders and pro Clinton! I am considering looking for another news feed.

gf36
4/20/16

Recently the founder of DailyKos has employed iron fist tactics to support his favorite democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. Very discouraging to see a very open website to opinions and discussions being filtered to the point of supporting the founder's preferred candidate. KOs is just another Clinton Puppet to blind the masses to the truth. I strongly recommend finding another website to visit. This one is just too FoxNews-ish for me any more. Feed the people the data you want them to see and slant the text to your own narrative. How sad.......

kathyn11
10/16/13

Yes it's a liberal blog site, yes most of the contributors have a bias. But this site has many contributors with a variety of sources, points of view and interesting, well written and thought out articles. It does polls too. I enjoy finding out that there are still die-hard liberals like me out there who have reached the same conclusions I have and also reading articles by those who I don't agree with but challenge some of my beliefs! It's a place where real people can express what's on their minds!

chriso1
3,071 helpful votes
10/22/10

Apparently the leading political blog and venue for a quarter of a million readers, to be honest I'm not sure if this is that cool or not. I'm not American, so although I grasp the fundamentals of politics here, I can't entirely feel the emotions that American people feel when the words "progressive liberal" are used. What I have seen, though, from my very subjective viewpoint in California, is that people on both sides get awfully heated, and polarized, over just about any political or economic matter. And they take it all personally, and then the custard-pie fights break out, leaving me an unimpressed onlooker and wondering whether I should laugh or cry.

This seems to me to be a highly polarized political venue that, as another reviewer has already written here, walks the narrow line between social responsibility and propaganda and leaves you uncertain which way it would like to jump. So in that sense, it fits. This is how I'd expect a polarized political source to work, and though it does lean toward responsibility more than bigotry, there's no doubt where the custard pies would be aimed if the chance arose.

It would be a solid "meh" from me, except that in fairness it will be a lot more attractive to progressive liberals who appreciate its stance and content more than I do. So I'll give it a "cool", which should balance the next conservative reviewer who will take a very different point of view.

juliaj
9/12/08

Political insight or liberal gobbly gook? - I can't tell whether Markos Moulitsas Zuniga's blog is actually filled with insightful analysis of political news or if it's just another partisan rant attempting to gain viewership by saying what people on the far left want to hear. Thoughts?

A side note: I was not particularly impressed with Markos's in interviews: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLzvw45eZUA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLzvw45eZUA</a>

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

How marvelous! I assume this is satire.

By Virginia T.

Questions? Get answers from the Daily Kos staff and other customers.

Daily Kos?