Review of Crazyblinddate

Tel: +1 800-230-7526
press@okcupid.com

matthiasm
7/24/11

The site seems to have died: It now only contains a link to the registration of okcupid.com

chriso1
3,140 helpful votes
10/14/09

Very cool design for a website, almost self-consciously so. Almost worth going over there just to mouseover and click things, and to see if you're old enough to get the "Boutros-Boutros Golly!" gag. But it's still in beta and it does seem like it needs more contributors. I wanted a date anywhere in the whole of Berkeley, which includes an entire university and has the most generous local cannabis laws in Northern California. Not that the two things are at all connected, no. I just mean, there should be a few laid back folks up for an evening out. But I was told to pick more areas, so I guess not. Actually every area I picked, I was told to pick others, even though the first thing I was told was not to pick somewhere too far away.

But maybe I'm past blind dating anyway; the last one I went on, it turned out that we shared every single interest, watched all the same movies, owned all the same albums and read all the same books. Theoretically it should have worked out, except neither of us could think of anything to talk about that we didn't already know. Oh well, the course of true love, and all that.

Where was I... well this is obviously either a great idea or an horrendously dangerous one, depending on who you get. Perhaps all blind dates are, to some extent, and I think I'd consider going on a double date the first time, if I wasn't sure that I'd be comfortable going it alone.

I didn't get far enough to find out what the safeguards, are, if any, nor see the questionnaire I would have had to fill in order to select my date from the Berkeley crowds. And I must admit that I was a bit put off by the "successes", which turned out to be nothing more than four pairs of pixellated images that might have once been faces and might not have been, no real way to tell. No written testimonials, no audio or video clips or anything else to give this page a purpose.

I might bookmark this one and come back sometime, it just feels a bit empty right now. Lots of enthusiasm and a good design from the organizers though.

annal
8/9/08

Timing is Everything!!! - My friend recently told me about this new site. Rather than filling out questionnaires and taking personality tests, you can just sign yourself up for a blind date! Has anyone tried this? Isn't it risky???

Questions? Get answers from the Crazyblinddate staff and other customers.

Crazyblinddate?