Cotton Traders

Cotton Traders has a consumer rating of 1.27 stars from 11 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Cotton Traders ranks 149th among Sportswear sites.

How would you rate Cotton Traders?

“WOW!”

Alvin J.
5/11/20

WOW! I was clothes shopping online for some men's shorts and pants. I came across Cotton Traders and liked what they had to offer! The products seemed to be well represented and although the reviews on the Cotton Traders website were some what poor and there seemed to be many issues with ordering and receiving ordered product I decided to order and trust there may have been some irregularities that were worked out? I can now add myself to the growing number of people that are chasing their orders to no avail. I did receive a call from Mick from CT on 05/06/2019 from *******263 and he assured me the package would be delivered shortly. And given the current state of affairs with COVID-19 and such, orders are likely running behind. As of 05/11/2020 no package, so I called again today. No response and when I went to their website, my order number was gone and no response from CT? So now I have the privilege of working with my bank to reverse the charges. Thanks, Cotton Trader I appreciate getting the business! UPDATE! The package arrived as stated. I should have taken the shipping time into consideration, especially because of distance AND COVID19. Great product, though the material fades easily. Still, excellent fit and style!

“They did not exchange the item”

T W.
3/11/21

I wanted to exchange an article to another size. On the phone (costs 7p per min.) they assured me to send the article with Hermes immediately. Ut this did not happen. Although I send the received article back. They substracted 7 Pounds and refunded instead - even without giving me the information that you have to pay delivery costs twice. But most of all against our agreement to exchange the article! I will never by anything from Cotton Traders again.

alvinj32
May 11th, 2020

WOW!
I was clothes shopping online for some men's shorts and pants.
I came across Cotton Traders and liked what they had to offer!

Dear Alvin

We are so sorry to hear of the issue experienced.

We would be grateful if you could send an email with your order details to Customer_Services@cottontraders.com to enable us to locate your account and investigate this further.

deboraha910
October 12th, 2021

You are best off ordering on the website, don't bother ringing or be answered by the most unhelpful bad attitude woman ever. Just got off the phone with her. I ordered a 2nd coat for my friend for Christmas because I love the quality of mine. She asked me for the promotional code and got huffy about it. Then I was asked for the tiny printed AD code on the label. After the card details were entered I asked if I could have faster delivery in 2 days and she said, no sorry. But the tone was from someone who clearly wasn't. I don't know where you get these people. At least be polite.

Tip for consumers:
Order by website not phone

Products used:
Coat

tw676
March 11th, 2021

Products used:
Nothing

paml178
May 25th, 2020

I ordered quite a few items from Cotton Traders the first time. They did take a long time to get here, but I wasn't in a hurry. I kept only 2 and returned all the rest over 2 months ago. I have sent email after email by every possible way - thru their website using their "Contact Us" button and just plain emails and tried to contact them by phone asking why I haven't received my credit yet, with no answer to any of my queries. They owe me quite a bit of money. It's like no one works there! I doubt that I will ever see my money credited back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

Dear Pam

We're sorry about the issues you have had. We would be grateful if you could send an email with your order details to Customer_Services@cottontraders.com to enable us to locate your account. This goes directly to our customer service team.

They can then look into this matter and resolve it for you.

andrewf285
November 20th, 2019

I was told the quality is on par with M&S. Simply not true, from the few items i've purchased from Cotton Traders, the quality feels cheap and this is consistent.

The worst part is, their customer service is by far the worst i've experienced. Just appalling, be prepared to wait for over a week just for a reply followed by a completely unhelpful response.

Dear Andrew

I am sorry you have not been satisfied with our product quality or customer service.

If you can send an email to Customer_Services@cottontraders.com this will go direct to a member of our customer services team. Please advise your order number and they can help with any matters which are outstanding.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

rosemarym168
August 7th, 2020

I have had previous problems with this company and vowed I'd never use them again, however the only pair of shortsI could find on the web that were exactly what I am looking for were Cotton Traders so I decided to give them a second chance - big mistake!
I paid for their express delivery as I wanted them for this weekend. Delivery was said to be 2 working days from order - It is now 3 and the weekend is almost upon us. I tried to call them but at 7p p minute and no immediate reply I emailed instead with a stadard reply from them that they would contact me within 3days! RTealli dissatisfied and there will be no third chance of a further order from me.

phyllisc228
January 6th, 2021

I PLACED AN ONLINE ORDER DECEMBER 1,2020 AND HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR THE ITEMS AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEM. I E-MAILED, TELLING COTTON TRADERS THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE ITEMS. COTTON TRADERS HAS NOT REPLIED TO LET ME KNOW WHEN I WILL RECEIVED THE ITEMS OR A REFUNDED TO MY CREDIT CARD.

williamh1155
September 16th, 2019

Have tried 5 times over 3 days to place an online order. Tried to use both Visa and Am Ex cards. Keep getting "click here to reload the page," but nothing happens! Why should I continue to try?

Hi William

Sorry you are having trouble placing an order. We do from time to time have issues where our payment processes run slower than they should. However this should be intermittent and not something a customer should consistently experience. Our customer service team can help on this one if you're still having trouble - please send them an email at Customer_Services@cottontraders.com and they can help you.

larrys171
October 4th, 2019

These people are the worst!

These people are the worst! When you order they tell you it will be 7 weeks before delivery BUT they charge your card immediately. You are paying in advance for something you have not seen nor have. Can you imagine the money they are making on interest on orders they have yet to deliver. I called customer service to ask where my order was and he said, "obviously I didn't read that the delivery was 7 weeks." I asked why they charged my credit card the moment I ordered? He rudely said it was their policy. When I went to their site to write a review I discovered I had been blocked to leave a review or complain! I've yet to get my order and it's now over 6 weeks. Meanwhile they've had my money all this time and I've yet to see my order.

Dear Larry

Firstly, please accept my apologies on the delay of you receiving your order. We do have items which are sometimes not available immediately but can be pre ordered by customers. On our website you will see the number of weeks expected for delivery before you place your order, so you can choose to order at that point and expect a wait time or you can wait until a later date when the items are available and will be delivered in our usual delivery promise timelines.

In regards to the review we are not able to block reviews from being left, therefore it sounds like there must have been a technical glitch. Please let us know at Customer_Services@cottontraders.com if there is still an issue or if you would like to speak to a member of the team about your experience.

Again, we're sorry for any frustrations you had with our service.

moanyminniew
July 23rd, 2009

If you make a mistake on your order or want to change something (like the delivery address) you have to wait for them to confirm the order and then try cancelling it and re-ordering- except it may be too late as it's already on its way by then. You can't email them so have to phone (and be kept hanging on whilst they drivel through all the options) and then the staff can't help you anyway. It's unbelievably bad!

paulj35
March 22nd, 2013

SLOW, RUDE, INCOMPETENT, USELESS. DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU WANT QUICK AND COURTEOUS SERVICE.

I have ordered from Cotton Traders on three occasions over the last year. Once I ordered ten pairs of trousers- all the same style- two pairs were a sixe tto small even thought they were siad to be the right size on the label. A second order for shorts for a holiday took over two weeks to arive by which time I was on the ebach! The third time I ordered from stock a Blazer, a pair of trousers and a shirt. The shirt was out of stock even though the website had siad there were plenty available and the Blazer was still missing a week later so that i did not have it for the funeral I was planning to attend. Their complaints system is also not fit for purpose- requiring complaints to be in writing only; when I did get through to head office on the phone I was assured that I would be called back by customer services but this took four days before I was able to request a re-despatch by 24 hour courier which they refused. They suggested that I should have ordered earlier and I apologised for the fact that my relative had not died earlier to allow time for their delivery system.

Nope... the merchandise was cheap and apparently no one works there!

By Pam L.
See more answers (2)

Impossible... after many, many tries I have never been able to talk or get an email response from their customer service

By Pam L.
See more answers (2)

I was told about the quality of their products by an existing employee. This couldn't be more wrong. If it's cheap you're after, then this is the place to go.

By Andrew F.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Cotton Traders staff and other customers.

Cotton Traders - offering clothing and footwear for real people in sizes to suit all shapes. Shop in safety online or sign-up to receive your free catalogue

Claire F.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cotton Traders?

Have a question about Cotton Traders?