Review of CopperChef

Tel: 1-973-287-5176
info@copperchef.com

marke638
3/21/19

If you like throwing your money away, this pan is for you.
If you like soaking your pan to clean them, this pan is for you.
If you like burning your hand on a hot handle, this pan is for you.
If you like standing in the return lines, this pan is for you.
If you like the feeling of being a Doofus, buy this pan, it was meant for you.
If you want to learn new swear words, let your spouse wash it and this pan is for you.

monikam45
11/26/18

On Nov 7th I ordered (2) muffin pans for $39.98. On Nov 15th I received (4) cookie sheets in 2 boxes. Called customer service (Orlando) who advised that he had generated a replacement for the incorrect order and for me to print out the return label he had generated and send the cookie sheets back, which I did the next day. Today is the 26th of Nov and I still don't have my order, although Copper Chef has gotten their cookie sheets back. I talked with (2) people today who said the "shipping" label was generated but apparently nothing shipped out!! This is terrible! You can't even get a small order correct after 2 attempts and yet the customer can get your stuff back to you. Do not order from them.

tamaraj35
11/3/18

I was making turkey burgers and removed my pan from the burner and my induction plate fell off the bottom of my pan!

willier17
5/30/18

There is a life time guarantee on this copper chef non stick pan which I have had for 5 months now every thing I cook sticks called customer service and they won't honor the guarantee unless I pay 30 dollars for shipping and a separate fee from processing and handling u can buy a brand new one for 19.99 with free shipping so u tell me what kind of service is THAT!!!!!!

darrellm60
5/24/18

Purchased a 10" CopperChef pan from a discount store...glad I paid a low price...the "lifetime ceramic warranty" around the rim of the 10" pan starting to come off...and this pan was hand-washed each time since purchase six months ago...CopperChef online website shows their Warranty: "Procedure for Exercise of Limited Lifetime Warranty Rights (in use after expiration of 60 day Money back guarantee):
If warranty service is necessary, the original purchaser must pack the affected product securely and send it postage paid with a description of the problem and date of receipt, proof of purchase, the purchasers name and mailing address, and a check or money order for $14.99 per pan to the following address: Tristar Products Inc., 500 Returns Road, Wallingford, CT 06495. If Tristar elects to refund the purchase price, Tristar will also return to you the above referenced check or money order." WOW! Paying for your own Warranty...stay away!

vickiec17
4/20/18

Im going to say I like how my copper chef pans look. After about 2 uses they do not docas the ads say so false advertising definite. They stick. They do not just slide around as ads says. Eggs stick severely. As for meat. The natural fat sticks to the pan and discolored it. As for finding a way to fully clean the marks just hasnt happened. It also scratches unlike the ad says it doesnt. For false advertisement I think the company should replace all pans every few months or quit lying in their advertisement. I see a class action in the future.

gloriab17
2/26/18

If I could give the Copper Chef negative stars as a rating, I would. It's not only that it doesn't function as lauded, but the whole campaign is fabrication and camera tricks. I was completely duped. I wanted to use the pan in different situations before I gave a review on it. So I fried in it, baked with it, sauteed in it and used it to make soup. In each situation it did not perform as claimed. When I used the basket for deep frying or with lots of water, as when I made the soup in it, food stuck to the bottom of the pan. Since I did not want to use a harsh scrubber pad, to clean it, I soaked it in water. I attempted after a few minutes of soaking to wipe it out like I do all of my other pans, even the cast iron one, but the food was stubbornly stuck. It took an entire day of soaking, wiping then soaking again and wiping before I could get it clean. The glass top stained after a couple of uses in the oven that I cannot remove. The inside of the pan is all scratch up even though I never use metal utensils. In sum, this thing doesn't even try to be what they claim. My dollar store pan is better than this. Copper Chef don't deserve any stars, and if I could give them a negative rating, I would.

julieo40
1/25/18

was fine the first use but everything sticks now we have to spray the pans before using them, why is that? In your advertisement you must use a new pan every time you display a test on them! we have 3 items from your company and we are very disappointed! spoltjuls@yahoo.com not that I expect any response? thanks

jackiew63
12/17/17

Dec 6th I ordered from copperchef web site a 4 piece round fry pan set. The add said it was for 2-8" and 2-10" round fry pans for $29.99. I received a 2 piece set. I thought maybe they where shipped separate, and waited a couple days for the second set. When it didn't arrive I called. I talked to someone at a call center in probably India. Foreign man told me "mam you got what you ordered, is there anything else I can help you with?" I said I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and was put on hold for eternity. I hung up, and called back. Again, lady in India says you got what you ordered. I said no I only got 1/2 of what I ordered. She gave me a bogus email address to wright to, and after 30 min. of typing, and trying to attatch the paper proof of my 4-pc order it came back with a failure notice. I've never gotten an email failure notice before. 5 emails to 2 different email addresses, all with failure notices. Notice said email addresses did not exist. What the hell copper chef? Someone altered my order from a 4-pc to a 2-pc without my knowledge, or approval. I spoke to 4 people about this, 1 being a supervisor that gave me the same crap. "Mam, you got what you ordered." How do they know what I ordered? They weren't sitting here in front of this computer with me. I have proof on paper, and nowhere to send it. This has got to be the worst customer care, support, what ever the heck you want to call it. I will never buy another piece of this crap, and I will let everyone know it! The metal on the lid to the deep pan tarnished in spots the first time I used it. I just wanted some pans to go with the induction burners that they really don't talk about the fact you need special pans for. If I return these I HAVE TO PAY TO DO IT! What I think happened is someone working for copperchef posted an incorrect add. Instead of honoring it they played the old switcheroo on me. You should have at least sent me an email to explain, and ask me if I still wanted to pay double or cancel the order. Bad business! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Tip for consumers: If something goes wrong, don't expect anything from their call center in India. No one will believe you, and no one has any authority to make you a happy customer.

debbies168
10/22/17

I puchased two pieces and not only did my food stick but also gathered moisture under the pan on my flat top stove and the pan slid off into the floor. What a mess. I do not recommend this product. Qvc disappoints me that they still sell this product. Wake up QVC.

kathyc156
8/8/17

What a waste of money, the first time I used the pan was when I cooked French Fries and the pan was damaged, burnt specks all over. Don't Buy!!!!

mrsj18
8/5/17

I purchased a pan & induction unit ... The induction never has worked.. always shuts off.. Have followed instructions to the letter.. Does not work. Started trying to get it replaced immediately after receiving.. no responses... finally... Got a response & was ultimately told... PAST WARRANTY have to PURCHASE ANOTHER. This is NOT satisfactory to me.. I love the pans.. would like to have the induction that WORKS....

barbaras229
7/3/17

I fell into a scam and purchased your product. I have an electric stove followed ALL DIRECTIONS yet EVERYTHING STUCK. product is a piece of crap. I want to RETURN deeper pot but need a return label told my friends NOT TO BUY INTO THIS GARBAGE

conniek21
6/3/17

Invested in a complete set with induction unit. After a huge complication in delivery, I've tried all pans on both the induction unit and my gas stove.........totally inconsistent cooking. The area corresponding to the ring on the bottom of the pans heats more than the edges which makes everything cooked come out either burnt or raw. It doesn't matter what I use as the heating source, the part of the pan where the circular ring corresponds ALWAYS overcooks, and the rest of the area beyond the diameter of the ring is undercooked. A real waste of money......don't believe the advertisement! None of them are worth the expenditure....save your money and buy Revereware or Farberware, unless you can afford Calphalon!! My 50 year old set of Reverware does an infinitely better job of cooking! Most anything would be better than this mess. Wish I could' unbuy' the whole set!

adrianag26
5/22/17

My boyfriend buy the square casserole pan from copper chef with a promise to don't stick nothing we was watching all the videos on tv. And was a big mistake every time we cook something it's sticking on the pan we try cooking with no oil and try to cook with oil too but nothing works simply no good product. And after we cook it's too hard. To clean.
To wash it we leave the pan with water in hopping we can clean better after cook but no. Nothing works Is not easy even to clean too
For me is not a good product.

dwaynes14
4/24/17

I had the exact same problem about the grocery coupons and customer service was just as bad. The $100. grocery coupon is a scam because you cannot get it.

dorisa16
3/13/17

I was ripped off the $100. in grocery store coupons I was promised when I ordered CopperChef. I spend much of my own time trying to accomplish this and never did get the on-line site to work as directed.

td81
12/30/16

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with! In early Dec, I ordered the deluxe pans and on Dec 12th everything arrived dented, scratched and used looking. Called customer service& was promised replacements would be sent right away as these were to be Xmas Gifts for relatives. Returned broken items on Dec 14th to Copper Chef's Merchandise Return Unit. Nothing arrived before Xmas & figured it was due to heavy Holiday mail. Called again Dec 29th & Customer service Rep told me the previous lady had lied to me, they did not show having the items back even though they were post marked as returned 15 days prior and they never send replacements until they have the damaged products in hand. Then was placed on hold for 27 minutes listening to the same recording telling me an agent will be right with me and to press "2" to continue to hold. Tried even writing their "Chat" located on their site but gave up after no one replying. I still have NOTHING, they have my money & 15 days ago I already returned their broken pieces of crap cookware. If their merchandise won't survive mailing, how will it survive daily use in a Kitchen? DO NOT BUY THIS JUNKY TV PRODUCT. You will only be disappointed & have hours of aggravation dealing with their non performing customer service agents. You've been warned!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY!

carmenc40
8/2/16

After receiving my order, it would NOT work on my new Bosch Induction Cook top. Nope, it would not work on any burner. This is FALSE ADVERTISING! I'm waiting to get my refund, plus the $25 it cost me to send back. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

evelyng20
7/11/16

Can't say anything good about product as I never got it.....was "assaulted" by infomercial to purchase dozen products when I only wanted one....finally got disgusted and called back to cancel order. This was only an hour or two after I was placing the order. This was end of January. They sent order anyway and I brought it back to post office. Here it is in July and I haven't received my refund. In addition, they took another payment from my bank. You can't talk to anyone from US...they are all in Philippines, Hong Kong or such. Deceitful company!!

judithc20
6/12/16

I tried to order a CopperChef pan for myself and one as a gift to be sent to a different address, using PayPal. 1) The box in which to insert the postal code to order one for myself is NOT next to the state designation. They put it right after the area where they wanted me to order additional merchandise (utensils in this case), but since I didn't want to order anything else I just scrolled past it. 2) After trying for 1/2 hour, I went to their chat and it was only then that I was told where the box was for the postal code. 4) Okay, so then I tried to order one as a gift to a different shipping address, again using PayPal. I filled in everything correctly but when I tried to submit the order, I was told that I needed to fill in a payment method - they had removed PayPal from the payment method box. Nothing I could do would get it back and I DO NOT want to use a credit card. So I gave up on the gift. 4) I then again went back to order one for myself and finally received the order confirmation but was told that PayPal wasn't available. So I tried to find out if the order really had gone through, but was told it would be 24-48 hours before I could find out. Chat didn't help. I have ordered many things via websites from various companies and have never before had a problem. I am unequivocally stating that this website is the WORST website I have EVER encountered.

P.S. Today (6/13/16) I received a phone call from the company asking why I didn't complete the order, so I know for sure it didn't go through. Good! I told her I wasn't completing the order because I ordered from Amazon! Apparently my daughter (intended gift recipient) also received the same phone call and she had nothing to do with ordering it, which she told them.

P.P.S. Yesterday (6/14/16) I received my order from Amazon (delivered by Amazon), as did my daughter to whom I had sent it as a gift. We're both very happy with the item.

However, today (6/15/16) I received three emails from CopperChef stating that the item I ordered on 6/14/16 was shipped today. I called CopperChef and disputed it, but was told it could not be canceled. I then checked my PayPal account and, sure enough, it had been paid on 6/14/16. I then called PayPal, they put a stop on any more payments to this company and have started dispute proceedings. I will be refusing the package when it comes and if my daughter receives one she will do the same. As I stated, we are both very satisfied with the item so if you want anything from CopperChef get it through Amazon!

Addendum: Here we go again! Today (6/16/16) I received an email invoice and it stated that my credit card was charged. I did not use a credit card when I tried to order it, just PayPal which, as noted above, wasn't available. I emailed them and told them that if the item arrives it will be refused. I included a copy of this review.

Another addendum: It was delivered today, 6 /22/16. UPS just left it in the hall and when I went to get my USPS mail I found it. I wrote "REFUSED" all over the box and called UPS, stating I did not order it. It will be picked up tomorrow.

Final resolution: On 6/26/16 I received an email from PayPal stating that the company had refunded the full amount and it was credited to my PayPal account. Bottom line: Stay away from this company's website!

agreed. One time cooking on my gas range scratched the bottom. The coating is not good and I could not get 4 burgers in the pan as advertised. I can go on but I think you get the pictures.Nothing works like they advertise!

By barbara b.

Questions? Get answers from the CopperChef staff and other customers.

9 Photos for CopperChef