College Board

Trustpilot
2.9 / 5
Better Business Bureau
1.1 / 5

College Board has a consumer rating of 1.07 stars from 88 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about College Board most frequently mention customer service, high school and business days problems.College Board ranks 124th among Test Preparation sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Your platform is terrible and your customer service is inept and to round it all up!
How would you rate College Board?

“Easy and overall great experience”

Mason V.
3/23/20

I had to register for a new test date since COVID19 cancelled mine. Despite them probably having many people probably trying to reregister, the wait time was much much shorter than I expected. The man who helped me was able to change my test date quickly and without any hassle. It was much easier than I thought it would be and much quicker too.

“Absolutely Horrendous”

Audre B.
4/21/22

I went through and still am going through an absolutely horrendous ordeal with CollegeBoard. I accidentally placed the wrong birthday on my account and they keep saying "We will send it up to the escalation team" "It is placed as highest priority" "Give us 5-7 business days" "Give us 2-3 Buisness days". It's been three weeks. My exam is two weeks away and everytime I call them this is the only thing they can say. I'm absolutely horrified.

customer service (18)
audreb3
April 21st, 2022

Tip for consumers:
Make sure you double check all the information you send them because even if you make a one number mistake you’re going to have to wait 2 months for them to fix it.

Products used:
None because they haven’t gotten the ticket fixed for me.

aidenf11
May 17th, 2021

I've been trying for a while to find out how to setup my exam. I figured I was just being stupid and needed to be pointed in the right direction. I called 2 people from customer service and they both gave me the same script. Had me on hold for several minutes when I asked what seemed to be the most basic question possible. This whole concept just sucks. Neither of the people I called were helpful by any means.

jakeb211
December 7th, 2020

The layout sucks and is bad. Genuinely impairs my ability to find anything on the site. End of review

michaeld2627
June 11th, 2020

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the siege dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

adamyas
April 16th, 2022

I have my exam in 25 days. Whenever I login into my account and go to my ap resources, the stupid website doesn't even load my resources, it just loads their twitter handle plug which is usually above the
Course material. Cant even access the stuff that I am supposed to study from. The damn exam also costs a $#*! ton, so thank you college board, for ruining my parents money!

Tip for consumers:
that the damn site stops working all the time.

chloes111
May 14th, 2021

Without even getting into why the college board sucks it is clear to see that they didn't want to spend any money on the website. The greed of this company is obvious, from how they treat students and teachers, to their website which looks like someone who's only experience with websites was formatting a Myspace page. I have to use this website often due to the fact that I am an AP student and am taking my SAT soon and every time I have to log in I feel like I'm fighting for my life.

Tip for consumers:
Don't, avoid this company as much as possible. Take courses from a local college if possible, many community colleges have dual enrollment, avoid AP courses as much as possible. Take the ACT instead of the SAT. Just all around avoid the College Board, they a terrible, greedy company.

Products used:
I am taking the SAT next month, I tried to get a refund as I no longer need to take it and they were going to give me $5 of my money back.

joshs530
January 10th, 2021

This site sucks. It's laggy, it's slow, and it doesn't even load half the time. I click remember me, but I have to log in. Every. Single. Time. On top of all this, I have been kicked out of in-progress assignments for no reason and with no explanation, and when this happens I typically have to start what ever I was doing all over again. Really I might as well not even try at this point.

saraht1248
February 3rd, 2022

Terrible customer support. Company only wants money from students. Avoid it. Wanted archived scores, and it took over a month to receive them. Was told it would only be 15 days. (Why are MY own scores archived? So CollegeBoard can make more money of course!) Customer service couldn't give me one actual answer to my questions, and talked over me rather than listen to the problem. Despicable company.

debbiek320
April 24th, 2021

This continues to be the worst website I have ever used. They have done nothing to improve it over the last 5 years! I believe they must make a concerted effort to make this the most user unfriendly site on the planet. How else could it be so terrible? I don't want to teach AP again because of this site. I don't think I can say enough bad things about it. In fact I hope that the AP test is discontinued in the future. I see College Board as nothing more than a money grab. If CB cared about students or their teachers, they would have improved this horrible mess long ago.

kagym
October 25th, 2020

Always telling lie via the customer support. Shows date for the scores online and you will get no record.

aaronk326
October 17th, 2021

I am a student who uses this website, and my experiance has been either just fine, or abysmal.
To put it simply, a lot of the times I try to watch a video that I need to watch, to complete an assignment, the video won't load.
Sometimes this problem occurs for only one particular video, and it only lasts a day, and sometimes you can't watch any videos for about a week. Either way, this bug prevents me from finishing my classwork on time.
If CollegeBoard is going to charge us $100+ to take a test, then they should at least give us a working website to help us prepare.

fartn
July 14th, 2020

They over complicate every single question, make tests nearly impossible to understand or even pass, AP teachers have to curve grades so much for students to have passing grades, and the college credit shouldn't be determined just by one test. College credit should also be based on the grade in the class mixed with a test you can actually understand.

tt183
October 21st, 2020

My son has missed college application deadlines for his score report from College Board. He was supposed to receive the scores 3.5 weeks ago. They're telling us different days of when to expect the scores. They take our money but give us no results. This is a sham and a scam. Not acceptable.

kittyc49
April 24th, 2022

Genuinely why is this site such garbage? You'd think a borderline monopoly like College Board would be able to allocate some money to making a functioning website (you know, with a decent layout and a login process that doesn't take a good 10 minutes, to name a few aspects... oh, and the constant lag that isn't the fault of my devices)... apparently not...

millaf2
August 22nd, 2021

Terrible website that's impossible to sign into. Will tell you that your password is incorrect even after reseting it 50 times. Doesn't display scores on assignments. Incredibly difficult to navigate. Servers are actually down more times then not. Completely impossible to use. Whoever runs this website, do better.

justinc616
July 31st, 2021

Even the Customer Service is absolutely scummy. I had 2 remaining usages of my fee waiver and I registered for a SAT test but then a few weeks later decided to either cancel the registration or change it to a different date. I called Customer Service for this and they said that I could just not go to the test and it wouldn't affect anything. But then one of my fee waiver usage got used up. $#*!ing scumbags.

nunyab105
April 6th, 2021

Stupid security has to be like fort knox for a damn school website, if you mess your password up (which has to be a specific preset password that is easily forgotten) then you are locked out of you account and HAVE to call their stupid number and speak to an indian tech support scam specialist to get your account unlocked, then you finally get in and you cant find shi because the format is absolute garbage.

dont

peterv776
March 17th, 2022

If i could give it zero stars I would, the whole website is broken takes me at least 5 minutes to sign in due to it constantly lagging out and clipping also constantly logs you out. Overall terrible, its funny since they literally have computer science courses how about getting the students you overcharge to fix your website.

mikes2148
January 2nd, 2020

Dumb agents who don't understand English. Calling in to the College Board is a miserable experience. The off-shore agents can't speak nor understand English. They have a high school education level and are unprofessional. Ask for a supervisor and they won't honor your request. They will hang up on you.
College board management, SHAME ON YOU!
UNPROFESSIONAL FOOLS!

idfjsoifjs
May 16th, 2021

They cancelled my sat 2 weeks before test date, then charged me extra for me to find another test center on the same day (because it was a lAtE ReGisTraTioN). Greediest company I have ever seen..

Tip for consumers:
Don't use this site, avoid at all costs

sat ap

mc1150
March 8th, 2022

I took my SATs and AP courses, etc about 20 years ago but decided to go back to college. I could not locate my scores after setting up an account with college board. Called the number I was directed to call and was on the phone for over 30 minutes only to be told that my scores had been lost and that I could pay a fee for them to try to locate them, but there was no guarantee that they would find them. WOW!

elliotf33
April 28th, 2021

College board barely knows what they are doing. I recently needed help logging into my account to submit an assignment in my AP class, which is SEPARATE from my AP college board login (for some reason). I tried to call yesterday and they walked me in circles asked me a bunch of information to just throw that out and tell me to do it myself and they don't even have information on them. They told me to get the key to join the class I would have to contact my AP coordinator who told me to call the college board help line in the first place! Basically I walked in circles and got no where to getting my login information. Today I called them and I am currently on hold and have been on hold for 25 minutes. I tried to email them but a response to an email takes 5-7 business days. I don't know how collegeboard can be taken seriously because they are the most unprofessional, useless, and trash organization. If college board is what we use to educate our students then I am scared for the future.

Tip for consumers:
Drop out, you'll probably have a better chance of success in your life.

Products used:
None because I was stuck on hold for half an hour

matthewr897
May 2nd, 2022

I have two AP test coming up and their website has kicked me out of my account. I have kept up with all of my information and it even acknowledges that. It says that I have updated my account and keeps sending me to the pre-update site. I even tried calling them but they left me on hold so long their office closed and they told me to call tomorrow. By far the worst website setup and customer service I have ever seen.

abbyz12
May 1st, 2022

Every time I need to use the CollegeBoard for something, I have to Re-confirm my email and create a brand-new username and password. As of currently, I've been needing to get into CollegeBoard so that I can take a college Placement test. I need (of course) to change my password and it asks me to send it my email. I did so, and guess what? :) It can't remember it. It better get its act together because it has to help millions of other college students.

seanm1005
May 6th, 2021

What can I say? It's hard to provide helpful insight on a website I've only been able to see 25% of the time I've "wanted" to access it. The first issue is the arbitrarily picky login, seeing as it sometimes decides that your login is incorrect. One compliment I can extend to the website is that this makes successfully getting in on your first attempt can make your day with how rare of an occurrence it is, unfortunately you then are dragged back to reality upon either being trapped on an infinite loading screen, or worse, have to then navigate the website.

The website is a confusing categorized mess of redundant links and hidden backroads. There are maybe thirty ways to get to the contact page, which by the time you reach it you will have inevitably dealt with enough issues to just give up. Meanwhile, in order to get to major parts of the website you have to sometimes go through multiple pages that are unclear about the path you're supposed to take, which would not be an issue if they instead just had a better central hub. Once you get to these major parts of the website, such as APClassroom, you then have to try to find which of the three near identically named pages you need, and much like putting in a flashdrive you will almost always do it incorrectly the first time.

CollegeBoard, with the massive amount of money you have burgled from ages 11+ there is no reason to have a website that loads and navigates worse than ones made by rural Ohio churches. Take a page from Amazon's book, if you're going to be a grossly obvious monopoly then at least be half-competent in providing your service. Maybe one day you'll earn your style point.

Tip for consumers:
Don't. Ask your teacher to host as much as possible in Canvas.

APClassroom, AP Registery

Same here. They are incompetent and just want your money. We have been waiting over 3 weeks for the scores, while others have gotten theirs 5 weeks ago.

By T T.