CollegeBoard.org

CollegeBoard.org has a consumer rating of 1.07 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. CollegeBoard.org ranks 117th among Test Preparation sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Your platform is terrible and your customer service is inept and to round it all up!
How would you rate CollegeBoard.org?

“Easy and overall great experience”

Mason V.
3/23/20

I had to register for a new test date since COVID19 cancelled mine. Despite them probably having many people probably trying to reregister, the wait time was much much shorter than I expected. The man who helped me was able to change my test date quickly and without any hassle. It was much easier than I thought it would be and much quicker too.

“Awful service and app layout”

Aiden F.
5/17/21

I've been trying for a while to find out how to setup my exam. I figured I was just being stupid and needed to be pointed in the right direction. I called 2 people from customer service and they both gave me the same script. Had me on hold for several minutes when I asked what seemed to be the most basic question possible. This whole concept just sucks. Neither of the people I called were helpful by any means.

customer service (7)
aidenf11
May 17th, 2021

jakeb211
December 7th, 2020

The layout sucks and is bad. Genuinely impairs my ability to find anything on the site. End of review

masonv14
March 23rd, 2020

michaeld2627
June 11th, 2020

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the siege dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

chloes111
May 14th, 2021

Without even getting into why the college board sucks it is clear to see that they didn't want to spend any money on the website. The greed of this company is obvious, from how they treat students and teachers, to their website which looks like someone who's only experience with websites was formatting a Myspace page. I have to use this website often due to the fact that I am an AP student and am taking my SAT soon and every time I have to log in I feel like I'm fighting for my life.

Tip for consumers:
Don't, avoid this company as much as possible. Take courses from a local college if possible, many community colleges have dual enrollment, avoid AP courses as much as possible. Take the ACT instead of the SAT. Just all around avoid the College Board, they a terrible, greedy company.

Products used:
I am taking the SAT next month, I tried to get a refund as I no longer need to take it and they were going to give me $5 of my money back.

joshs530
January 10th, 2021

This site sucks. It's laggy, it's slow, and it doesn't even load half the time. I click remember me, but I have to log in. Every. Single. Time. On top of all this, I have been kicked out of in-progress assignments for no reason and with no explanation, and when this happens I typically have to start what ever I was doing all over again. Really I might as well not even try at this point.

debbiek320
April 24th, 2021

This continues to be the worst website I have ever used. They have done nothing to improve it over the last 5 years! I believe they must make a concerted effort to make this the most user unfriendly site on the planet. How else could it be so terrible? I don't want to teach AP again because of this site. I don't think I can say enough bad things about it. In fact I hope that the AP test is discontinued in the future. I see College Board as nothing more than a money grab. If CB cared about students or their teachers, they would have improved this horrible mess long ago.

kagym
October 25th, 2020

Always telling lie via the customer support. Shows date for the scores online and you will get no record.

fartn
July 14th, 2020

They over complicate every single question, make tests nearly impossible to understand or even pass, AP teachers have to curve grades so much for students to have passing grades, and the college credit shouldn't be determined just by one test. College credit should also be based on the grade in the class mixed with a test you can actually understand.

tt183
October 21st, 2020

My son has missed college application deadlines for his score report from College Board. He was supposed to receive the scores 3.5 weeks ago. They're telling us different days of when to expect the scores. They take our money but give us no results. This is a sham and a scam. Not acceptable.

nunyab105
April 6th, 2021

Stupid security has to be like fort knox for a damn school website, if you mess your password up (which has to be a specific preset password that is easily forgotten) then you are locked out of you account and HAVE to call their stupid number and speak to an indian tech support scam specialist to get your account unlocked, then you finally get in and you cant find shi because the format is absolute garbage.

dont

mikes2148
January 2nd, 2020

Dumb agents who don't understand English. Calling in to the College Board is a miserable experience. The off-shore agents can't speak nor understand English. They have a high school education level and are unprofessional. Ask for a supervisor and they won't honor your request. They will hang up on you.
College board management, SHAME ON YOU!
UNPROFESSIONAL FOOLS!

idfjsoifjs
May 16th, 2021

They cancelled my sat 2 weeks before test date, then charged me extra for me to find another test center on the same day (because it was a lAtE ReGisTraTioN). Greediest company I have ever seen..

Tip for consumers:
Don't use this site, avoid at all costs

sat ap

elliotf33
April 28th, 2021

College board barely knows what they are doing. I recently needed help logging into my account to submit an assignment in my AP class, which is SEPARATE from my AP college board login (for some reason). I tried to call yesterday and they walked me in circles asked me a bunch of information to just throw that out and tell me to do it myself and they don't even have information on them. They told me to get the key to join the class I would have to contact my AP coordinator who told me to call the college board help line in the first place! Basically I walked in circles and got no where to getting my login information. Today I called them and I am currently on hold and have been on hold for 25 minutes. I tried to email them but a response to an email takes 5-7 business days. I don't know how collegeboard can be taken seriously because they are the most unprofessional, useless, and trash organization. If college board is what we use to educate our students then I am scared for the future.

Tip for consumers:
Drop out, you'll probably have a better chance of success in your life.

Products used:
None because I was stuck on hold for half an hour

seanm1005
May 6th, 2021

What can I say? It's hard to provide helpful insight on a website I've only been able to see 25% of the time I've "wanted" to access it. The first issue is the arbitrarily picky login, seeing as it sometimes decides that your login is incorrect. One compliment I can extend to the website is that this makes successfully getting in on your first attempt can make your day with how rare of an occurrence it is, unfortunately you then are dragged back to reality upon either being trapped on an infinite loading screen, or worse, have to then navigate the website.

The website is a confusing categorized mess of redundant links and hidden backroads. There are maybe thirty ways to get to the contact page, which by the time you reach it you will have inevitably dealt with enough issues to just give up. Meanwhile, in order to get to major parts of the website you have to sometimes go through multiple pages that are unclear about the path you're supposed to take, which would not be an issue if they instead just had a better central hub. Once you get to these major parts of the website, such as APClassroom, you then have to try to find which of the three near identically named pages you need, and much like putting in a flashdrive you will almost always do it incorrectly the first time.

CollegeBoard, with the massive amount of money you have burgled from ages 11+ there is no reason to have a website that loads and navigates worse than ones made by rural Ohio churches. Take a page from Amazon's book, if you're going to be a grossly obvious monopoly then at least be half-competent in providing your service. Maybe one day you'll earn your style point.

Tip for consumers:
Don't. Ask your teacher to host as much as possible in Canvas.

APClassroom, AP Registery

lulub24
October 2nd, 2020

The high school test center said they have reported and close the test location to college board sine March but college board is still listing the school as available to public and allow user to register. We registered The test to the center, and receive the cancellation message one day before the testing!

imener
April 18th, 2021

Bad experience i don't know where to complain about the school because they ignore me and I want some explanation

sarahh1094
December 9th, 2020

Between my daughter's tests being cancelled with zero notification and trying to order her QAS with zero info on how to access it (I was expecting it in the mail) and their horrible customer service... I feel one star is way too generous. Terrible operation.

colleena71
June 21st, 2020

Plan on repeating your self several times over a 30 minute period. You can never talk to an upper level employee. Customer service reps don't understand English and clearly don't understand the testing process. Very painful to call and get answers.

susang1314
April 20th, 2020

As a high school AP teacher, I have had nothing but negative experiences with the College Board and its AP program.The website is so poorly designed it can take hours to try to find the appropriate information. Communications are sparse and misleading and it is impossible to reach anyone in customer service. I have spent an hour on hold only to have my call dropped. Requests I have placed for additional materials have never been filled. This year they demanded payment from students in October, instead of the spring as in the past. Students in my AP art class are not always certain they want to submit a portfolio until later in the year. Now they are out the money and there is a PENALTY applied if they do not. Research has shown how invalid the SAT is and the stress it creates is not worth the millions of dollars students and institutions have to throw at it.

seanf229
November 30th, 2020

Requested an archived score report in October 2020 after months of telephone calls while their archives were closed due to COVID. In addition to the $31 fee, requested a rush which was extra. CSR completely screwed up the personal information transposing numbers in my birthdate, getting my graduation date and test date incorrect. When the score was UNABLE to be found in their archives due to their mistake, they refused to refund the costs. In addition, they launched an investigation/escalation which they informed would take 5-10 business days. However, they did not correct the information. After 10 business days, I asked for them to again correct it. College Board said then that I needed to be patient and it would be resolved soon. Over a month later, it is still not resolved. CSR routinely disconnect me when I call back and give them the case number. They claim their "systems" are down or they cannot work on the issue due to Thanksgiving holiday or claim they have a large volume of calls so a supervisor is unavailable.

jonathanm837
April 26th, 2021

Unbelievably slow, crashes often, loads up segment by segment, and has horrific organization. I hope the website development team isnt grading the computer science AP exams...

catherinep286
November 5th, 2020

I am the parent of a student who requested, a month ago, that his expired AP scores be reported to his current community college, so he may apply to transfer to a 4 year school. College Board has not provided the scores, despite his having done everything they told him to do.

My student faxed (yes, can you believe they're still using fax!) his request for his expired AP scores a month ago. He had been told by their customer service that he would receive an email within 2 weeks of submission. He never received an email.

When he calls to see if he can find out what happened, the staff dismisses him, puts him on a hold which leads to a hang-up, claims he has called the wrong number, etc, etc. In other words, conjures every excuse imaginable to avoid spending the time needed to find out why his request has not been filled a month after it was submitted. (He has re-faxed, marking it as a second request as directed by their staff, and also mailed the request form to no avail.)

Whatever their incentive system is for their customer service reps, it's not working. I know things are strange now during COVID. Yet, every student still deserves to receive their scores in the timeframe promised to them by College Board staff when they first inquired.

College Board is acting like one who has no stakeholders to answer to. Why are we putting up with this, fellow parents and students?

lianab34
May 18th, 2021

I have a terrible time finding anything needed on this site. Collegeboard has a complete monopoly over everything to do with American public schools, because of that their site tries to encompass everything and is poorly executed. The absolute worst problem though, is that I can't submit my AP Art portfolio. It's as if they don't want me to. I have spent the past two days trying to get through to the point I can submit and be done with them forever. But no, after multiple phone calls and discussions with my AP coordinator as well I'm still no where. I had over a forty minute call with them yesterday to no avail. I tried calling them again today. After ten minutes of waiting and hearing their terrible wait music, they finally pick up. After a half hour of "trouble shooting" (it obviously didn't help), the person goes silent on the other end for fifteen minutes. I finally hear laughing and they hand up. I sat for nearly an hour with no success and even more hatred for Collegeboard.

michaele1222
May 13th, 2021

Waivers are limited, site is not flexible, customer service not flexible; I had a waiver for a subject test, subject tests went away, could not use waiver for regular SAT

Tip for consumers:
start early before late registration period

Same here. They are incompetent and just want your money. We have been waiting over 3 weeks for the scores, while others have gotten theirs 5 weeks ago.

By T T.