CollegeBoard.org reviews

Tel: 212-713-8052

sarao44
9/16/19

Now College Board has moved the AP test registration deadline from March to November to make even more money... because $1.2B is not quite enough! Parents found out today that they have to shell out $400 four months earlier than planned for AP tests. Kids will also have to commit to an expensive exam without being certain it is even worthwhile. These tests are a scam anyway. My son had 40 AP credits, or as I like to think of it, a $1000 investment. He should have entered college as a second-semester sophomore, but the reality is that these credits have no real impact on the number of years spent in college. They still have to take all of the courses vital to their major, and fulfill all of the prerequisites for their higher-level courses. If this year has taught us anything, it is that higher learning has become one big pay-to-play scandal. Shame on you for being part of the problem.

bethp111
8/13/19

43 to get scores from just over a year ago sent to a college?? ridiculous! I couldn't afford to pay for rush so I'm not sure my son will get in for fall. We already paid for the SAT it should not cost so much to get scores

jackieh166
8/12/19

My son graduated from a 4 year college in May of this year. He decided to pursue grad school which requires some prerequisites that he is trying to take at the local community college. The community college doesn't have a record of his AP scores. Since one of the AP classes he took in high school is required then we requested the scores from college board on July 16. In today's electronic world they still require a written request with payment of $25 and they must USPS the scores to the school. No email? Okay, I followed instructions. Check was cashed on 7/22. I have called several times trying to get an update and each time have been told that it can take "up to 15 days". Finally, last Tuesday 8/6. The rep I spoke with said "today is the 15th day and the scores are going out today". She even suggested that I follow up with the local college at the end of the week. Since I didn't receive the additional copy they send to the student as part of the request, I called this morning (the class stars Wednesday). Today I got a completely different story. They told me they received the request on 7/24 (now check was cashed on 7/22) and they are still within the 15 BUSINESS days. I explained my situation about the class starting and what the rep told me last week. There was absolutely no concern. I was told I couldn't speak to a supervisor (none available). Told the rep I could hold, Jovic said I couldn't none available. I asked if there was any way to get the scores emailed due to the situation. I received a robotic response.."All scores are mailed." I told him he was not being helpful and this is an urgent situation. He then told me if he were the parent then he would have request it sooner. Duh...so would I if I had known it was needed. We thought because it was on his college transcript and high school transcript then it would work. It doesn't. Regardless, Jovic implied that this was my fault and he wouldn't even acknowledge anything about the conversation I had with another rep telling me they had been mailed. Each person you speak with comes up with an "explanation of the day" to cover themselves. Don't believe anything anyone there tells you. It changes to whatever needs to be said on that particular day. So, today is August 13 and I'm being told that the scores I requested on 7/16, paid for on 7/22 (yet they received on 7/24??!) will be mailed. Unfortunately, their incompetence will have to be paid for by my son who can't take the class he needs. Too bad we are forced to deal with this monopoly!

lynneh73
5/10/19

Horrible services. The only thing they care is money. I once tried to set up an account for my 11 old daughter in college board to take SAT for the talented program, but I was not allowed to so I tried 2002 instead of 2007 and it worked. So I knew it was because she was too young to register through the website so I registered her through a talented program. However the account I set up in college board gave us nightmares. Even though my registration information through the talent program was totally correct and the admission ticket was correct, first they did not send out the admission ticket until I called to ask, then they did not send out the report to me until I called to request (for young kid, the report will be sent out automatically because they could not check online), next they sent out the score with the wrong day of birth, next I called 4 times, sending out the required documents for the birthday changes, paid the rush fee as asked, , I waited another ten days, still not received the score, and I called again and found out that ridiculously the College Board still sent out the report with the wrong birthday and nothing changed after my seven phone calls!!!!! I waited more than two months and called nine times and the deadline for score report of the talented program has already passed, I still haven't received the correct report. My daughter got 1240 over 1600 at age 11, which is much above the requirement for the talented program, however, she may miss the chance for the talented program because the bureaucracy of the college board. Anyone can imagine how fluctuated I am?

matthewg260
12/28/18

I hate to sound like the bitter, disgruntled customer that most employees hate to put up with however, my heart breaks for the lack of concern, professionalism, and proficient customer service of this "non-profit" organization. So here I am fighting to retrieve my scores for the December 1, 2018 Subject Tests Date. Here's the story: I was signing up for another test date shortly after taking my exams as scheduled. Turns out, I ended up switching my registration while scoring was in process. I understand the mistake on my part, however I never opted to cancel my scores. So with this said, how is it that there is no recollection of anyone receiving my answer sheets. They pride themselves on test security, but still can't tell me my scores when I know those answer sheets are tracked carefully from the testing center to the College Board headquarters. They sent my case to the escalation team to further handle the issue. They said it would take 5 to 7 business days. Could have fooled me. It's been exactly two weeks now. I'm extremely upset because they were suppose to be communicating with me via email regarding the case. They've only done so once. They don't take into consideration that a student may need those scores to satisfy College/University deadlines, they just patronize you with the "I understand your concerns sir". I think the $#*! not!!. This isn't the first time College Board has screwed up the futures of prospective college students. It should be a real wake up call when you are responsible for losing 100 student answer sheets, (took place 3 yrs ago for Virginia students) and having no solution for other students but to retake the test, placing an extra financial burden on some families. The moral of the story is, don't pride yourselves on being about education but can't effectively work with students with something simple as their test scores, a vital component to college admissions. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I am so glad my time of testing is done, except for one AP exam that I must take in May. Disgusting organization that I soon hope will hang itself by the neck with its long rope of deceit.

hbr1
12/5/18

I have had to deal with College Board on several occasions and each one has been equally unhelpful. When I have called, customer service has been rude or cannot answer my questions. Emails have generally also not addressed my concerns fully. I will be extremely grateful when I am no longer forced to deal with them. It is unfortunate that they are the ones dealing with so many parent and students at such a critical juncture. I have only had terrible experiences with them.

traisk
10/19/18

The test results for the Oct 8 exam were promised to be released today., October 19th. Now the website says "Your Score Is Pending
We apologize but your score is still being processed. You should get your score within a week; you'll get an email when your score is available.
If you still don't see your score more than three weeks after test day, contact Customer Service at 866-756-7346."

Don't they realize people make plans based on these dates? This is so unprofessional to say the least. I am so frustrated.

jonathanl70
11/6/17

I had never had problems with the College Board in the past and, so, never had to call their customer support service.

My daughter was to take the SAT without the essay. On test day, her proctor told the students that they only had copies of the SAT with the essay. The students were told not to worry: the proctor had called the College Board and those who didn't opt for the essay should just skip it. All would be corrected by the College Board later.

About 16 days later, my credit card was billed $14 for the essay. I now needed to call the College Board and have them: 1) ensure that my daughter wouldn't get a '0' because she didn't write the essay; and 2) get a refund for the $14 I was charged for an essay my daughter was not supposed to write.

I called customer support but could not get through after multiple attempts during the workday. The holds were horrendously long and usually ended after 10 minutes or so with the message that the 'call volume was too high, call back later.' I tried their email options, but the automatic response told me to call their customer support line. I finally got through after holding 1 hour and 45 minutes in the evening. I was given a reference number and assurances that I would be called back or contacted via email within 3-5 business days.

13 days later, I got no response. I tried calling in during the day but had a similar experience. . By now, I had 3 problems: 1) the refund; 2) the reimbursement issue; and 3) my daughter's scores were not reported, likely held up because of the test version issue...

I tried again in the evening and got through after being placed on hold for over 20 minutes. At that point, the customer service rep acknowledged the previous complaint and reference number. He told me that he would 'escalate' the complaint and that they would get back to me in--you guessed it--3-5 business days. Oh, and by the way, he could only escalate the financial issue. I would have to call a separate department to discuss any scoring issues, as my daughter receives accomodations for dyslexia and therefore would have to call their SSD division.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there were no supervisors. I asked for a person to send a query by regular mail, but he could not identify a person or address to send an actual letter to. I asked about an address to a department to send a letter to, he could not provide this either.

Most SAT scores are back after 2-3 weeks. It is now 4 weeks since she took the test. Colleges with rolling admissions are starting to make decisions regarding acceptances and my daughter's most recent scores are not available.

The problems are manifold:
1) You can't get through to customer support easily: holding times can be very close to two hours; if I had a vendor like this at work, I would find a new vendor
2) Once you get through, there is little the representative can do for you
3) You can't speak to a supervisor because there are no supervisors
4) You can't send a letter, because there is no one to send a letter to
5) They do not respond to or answer emails
6) They do not respond to or answer queries even within their own standard of 3-5 business days
7) My problem has not been resolved, so I have contacted the Better Business Bureau (The BBB given the College Board an A- rating. Realize, however, that they only insist that the vendor contacts the client and tries to make good on their complaint. To maintain a rating the business only needs to make an honest effort to resolve a complaint. I imagine after complaining on the BBB site, then, that the College Board will actually contact me
8) The College Board is actually a multimillion, money making corporation--that they cannot spend an nth of their earnings on reasonable customer support is shameful; simply shameful.

At this point, my advice to any student would be to take the ACT. If all goes well, the SAT will work out just fine. But if there is a problem, the College Board does NOT have your back and does not seem in the least bit of a hurry to resolve any problems. These are YOUR borad scores and there is now a viable alternative with a company that--at least per my friends--will actually pick up the phone and work with a customer to resolve a problem.

As I see it, in my daughter's case, the College Board and/or their representatives made an error and did not send the correct copies of an exam to the exam site. Because of this, they charged me an extra $14 and are now holding my daughters multiple choice scores hostage for an unknown period of time.

It would be one thing if they called and at least attempted to solve the problem There are times where we as customers are wrong or just don't get it. But at very least, the vendor needs to pick up the phone and have a dialogue with the customer. They also need to have avenues of redress and at least have a valid process in place to resolve problems. The College Board does not.

In spite of the fact that the above problems all started with an error by the College Board or their proxies, in the end, the onus is on me to fix this. The fact that they have been totally unhelpful has promted this review.

nojinp
10/2/16

My daughter took a test from this organization at Mt. Pleasant High in San Jose 10/1/'16. She testified that the proctors did not take action when a few students took out their cell phones during the test time. It is banned in such a critical exam.

Questions? Get answers from the CollegeBoard.org staff and other customers.

CollegeBoard.org?