CoffeeBeanDirect reviews

Tel: 888.232.6711
privacy@coffeebeandirect.com

jamesm724
9/30/17

We've been customers for over 7 years. Our favorite is Chocolate Raspberry. We are upset that they no longer have "flavor boost" but it's still the most flavorful coffee available anywhere.

duaneg13
8/27/17

This was our second order for a 5 pound container of Sencha green tea. One container lasts our family just over a year, since we serve this wonderful green tea iced at least once a day during meals. The package arrived within three days in excellent condition. The lady who accepted our order was very knowledgeable and helpful. We would have absolulely no hesitation placing additional orders with CoffeeBeanDirect. Excellent folks with whom to do business!

suzyg5
7/13/17

I am unsure just how many years we've been getting our coffee from Coffee Bean Direct, I just know I am SO glad we started and wouldn't give it up!! I hope that our budget allows us to continue drinking is .. it's the best I've ever tasted!

Thank you Coffee Bean Direct for making mornings so delicious!

franks179
7/2/17

For a large scale roaster, these guys have an excellent grasp on the small roaster market. I've been grinding my own beans for 2+ years now and tend to try a new roaster every month. I'm not particularly cheap but I do have a problem paying $15-$20 for a 12oz bag. So, I search for price And quality. I really liked the 21/2 lb bag and for a little less than $30 it's a real deal. Lastly, as an experienced espresso maker, the coffee is as good as many single source suppliers. Costa Rican Blend.

lonniej9
5/21/17

I ordered the "Sinful Delight" and "Brazilian Santos" coffees. They arrived early, are very fresh, and are reasonably priced. I like light and medium roast coffees, and these are perfect, very smooth and flavorful. I highly recommend Coffee Bean Direct .

cristinah2
9/5/16

This company really has a cup for anyone. I particularly like their Seville orange. Their Colombian supremo is great. I haven't had a bad cup from them

verne387
8/18/16

We visited many Kona coffee houses when on the island, I have never tasted anything this bad over there. Save your money, maybe it's hit or miss and I just missed, that I don't know but I would never buy from them again. If I could just get my money back they can have their coffee back.

kenm110
8/9/16

I have been receiving my coffee from Coffee bean Direct for about two year now. The service there is great. I had an issue with an order and they sent me a brand new bag of coffee as a replacement at $0 charge. The prices for the beans are great as well. You can't beat them.

Thank you very much.

Ken Madden

twom
3/31/16

I usually order green coffee beans from Sweet Marias. When I went to do so last month, I was inadvertently sent to Coffee Bean direct. I thought perhaps Sweet Marias had changed their name. So, the trusting person I am, I placed my order anyway, later to find out this was not the case. The beans arrived quite speedily, but they were way more expensive than Sweet Marias and also of poor quality. There are a lot of widows, making it difficult to get an even roast. I did not understand how I got redirected to Coffee Bean Direct when I was trying to order from Sweet Marias, but later learned this is a practice, and a deceptive one at that, that this company uses. I will avoid this company in the future.

mikel237
3/10/16

I became extremely fond of Costa Rican coffee during our visit to this beautiful Central American country. Even though we were living in Panama where they grow their own coffee, we were partial to the Costa Rican. Imagine my delight when I found this product available domestically by mail order here in the U.S. Except you know what they say. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

We nearly gagged on our first brew of the freshly ground whole beans. I think, if the Dept. of Commerce people of Costa Rica found out their name was on this coffee, it might stir up an international incident. This stuff tasted worse than Folgers, and it cost significantly more. When I called Coffee Bean Direct about their return policy, I was told I would pay for shipping and receive a store credit for the original amount of my purchase - $46.00. Why would I do that? There is no guarantee I would like any other variety after determining my favorite coffee as they prepared it was barely palatable.

We will manage to use this coffee by mixing about 1/3 measure of Costa Rican with some good Costco coffee until it is gone. We won't be buying from Coffee Bean Direct any more. Lesson learned. Buyer beware.

robertm291
1/24/16

My wife and I appreciate good coffee and teas, and I find myself making French press coffee at least once a day. That said, I was impressed when I stumbled upon the CBD website and found they have quite a large selection of varieties of both coffee beans and teas. Each time I've placed an order, it arrives two business days later, and the beans have been super fresh.

When it comes to coffee, no matter where I buy beans I always order whole beans, and I can honestly say you can really tell the difference between their beans and beans from other places because CBD's beans have always been the freshest. Their site says they don't roast most of their beans until you order them.

We keep ordering more Irish breakfast tea, Mocha Java like blend (very difficult to find authentic Mocha Java these days), and the house blend. I just got the nerve to order the smoked beans, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I was truly surprised by the negative reviews posted here. They are either freak occurrences or they were posted by competitors.

adriennem8
1/18/16

Coffee Bean Direct has been my go-to place for coffee for years, and I have never had anything but WONDERFUL experiences. My order arrives quickly, the prices are very good, and customer service is excellent.

pepperronis
5/14/15

Eggs r good nd so is coffeebeandirect LLC

mideckn
5/7/15

Have ordered a bag of 908g coffee beans from their website and selected the standard delivery method at the check-out page, which takes up to 5 days to get the beans delivered to my address. Unfortunately it took them 10 days to ship the item. I feel extremely disappointed and I will not recommend Coffee-Direct to any one.

paulr91
9/11/14

Coffee bean direct has some great coffee. I've ordered from them a few times this year, and it's been so great that I had to give them a good review. I normally do not post reviews like this, but their coffee is THE bomb! They have some many varieties, and they roast the coffee to order so it's always fresh. I love them, and will continue to order all of my households coffee from them.

Tip for consumers: Buy in bulk. If you order 25lbs or more, shipping is free, so get your friends to buy together with you to save money.

emilyr19
8/13/14

CBD is awesome! I was looking to buy coffee for my wedding favors, and realize I forgot to order it to allow enough time for ship out to cali. So I emailed the company at like 1:30 am, to ask them if it was possible to receive the coffee a couple of days from my wedding date. I got a quick response from Meg, who insured my that if I called that day (instead of ordering online) that they would process my order asap to ensure it reach my destination by wed the following week. Great Customer Service! Upon my call they looked up my email and processed my order! Thank you Meg and Unknown man who helped me on the phone.
I cant wait to taste the smoked coffee, and to give my guest a chance to enjoy your coffee.

thanks a million

jacks285
10/14/13

I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY HAVE NO ETHICS!!

johnh151
2/10/13

I've been buying roasted whole-coffee beans almost exclusively from CBD for about 5 years. The various coffees have been excellent and service/delivery has been flawless. They have come up with some really super monthly house blends but I'm partial to their Monsooned Malabar. CBD may not carry some of the more exotic high-end beans, but they have an ample variety to choose from and put out a great product every time. CBD is top-notch.

patr826
1/11/13

We have been buying CBD's coffee for at least 4 years now. Everyone we have ordered from has been very courteous and has always sent a free sample with our order. We are coffee snobs and will not buy from anyone else! Even their decaf is great tasting!!! Another thing... They always ship the next day! BIG thumbs up!

lawrencec6
12/19/12

I have been ordering their Decaf beans (mostly the Guatemalan dark roast) and felt the beans and roasting were of the highest quality. Been using them for about 5 years now.
The web site is easy to use and never had and reason to complain.

gails19
11/10/12

For over 4 years we have been buying coffee beans from Coffee Bean Direct. And have ALWAYS received high quality perfectly roasted beans We are Very particular about coffee. Shipments arrive quickly and correctly. We usually order 10 to 20 lbs at a time. We find the service is great and the owners nicely gave me a tour when I once stopped in to see them. They run a clean and efficient operation. We recommend them to everyone and to restaurants on a revular basis. The negative reviewers are either confused about where they bought from or someone has a grudge and is just out to slander this fine business.... A competitor perhaps?.

thomasm37
11/7/12

I love their bulk teas. High quality, and great prices. Their coffees are good, but I can buy cheaper locally.

That said, I've been buying from them for years, and their shipping is always absurdly SLOW (typically 1-2 weeks before they even process your order.) And their customer service is non-existent, they don't even respond to emails.

heatherb14
3/25/12

I don't know what happened to other people who shopped at coffeebeandirect.com, but I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I've ordered from them 3 times so far, ordering 2 lbs of beans each time. I always get an order confirmation email. I don't think they send a delivery email with tracking number, but they always ship very quickly. My order always arrives much faster than I expect. The beans are always remarkably fresh, which is what keeps me coming back. I've ordered coffee beans online from many other roasters and I've settled on coffeebeandirect.com as my go-to. They're packaging is superior...super thick bags with zip-top closure which keep the beans fresh (can't even smell the beans until you open the bag). I grind a house blend, consisting of sumatra and a flavored bean and I change the flavor every time I order. CBD has a really nice selection of flavored coffee, and I am particularly fond of their seasonal/monthly flavors. They offer whole bean and ground in 1, 5, and 25 lb bags. The person who remarked that they got whole bean instead of ground when they never would have ordered whole bean...that was probably an ordering error on their part because you can't put the item into your cart without selecting one or the other (unless the site has been updated between their order and me starting to do business with them). I also really like that they offer full pound increments instead of 13 oz. bags like you get at the grocery store. I've found that I usually go through about 1 pound of beans every week, so when I order 2 lbs to create my blend, I have enough to last about two weeks for my boyfriend and I. I can order every other Friday and the new order usually comes just in time before I run out completely. I'm really pleased with this company and the quality of their coffee. I have not had to contact CBD's customer service, so I can't speak to the quality of their customer service, but in all other regards... I highly recommend CBD if you want quality coffee in your life!

maxwelll
11/13/11

I have had nothing but great experiences with coffeebeandirect.com. I like to roast my own beans and buy 25lbs or more green beans to get free shipping and the product is always top notch and arrives quickly. These days they've been shipping even 5lb bags in little burlap sacks with their logo. It is kinda neat.

They have a wide variety of product priced reasonably too. I don't think you'll be disappointed buying from them.

paulj11
7/7/11

I have been ordering from Coffee Bean Direct for over 4 years and I love the product and service. I have never received a wrong order and the beans are always perfectly roasted, what an amazing order when you open that five pound bag of beans! And the price is very competitive with local coffee roasters. And a great selection of coffee and teas.

Sounds good! We would love to take care of your coffee needs. Please let us know if you have any questions. You can reach us by phone at 888-232-6711, by email at contactus@coffeebeandirect.com, or on our Facebook & Twitter pages. I hope this helps!

By CoffeeBean D., CoffeeBeanDirect Representative

Hi there! The closest coffees we offer would either be our French Roast or Italian Roast Espresso. Both are robust, bold cups with a fair amount of kick and a chocolaty flavor profile. Feel free to get in touch with us at sales@coffeebeandirect.com or give us a call at 888-232-6711. I hope this helps, and thanks for the question!

By CoffeeBean D., CoffeeBeanDirect Representative

After many years in the business we have found tried and true vendors who only source teas from the most trustworthy and reliable vendors. The teas are grown, processed and tested in accordance with most international standards. If you have any questions about specific products, please feel free to email us at info@coffeebeandirect.com. We'll be happy to answer them for you.

By CoffeeBean D., CoffeeBeanDirect Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CoffeeBeanDirect staff and other customers.

CoffeeBeanDirect?