Review of Catherines

Tel: 866-886-4720
genelle.basta@catherines.com

sandrab585
12/27/18

Clothes are good quality. Just need to be a bit younger looking but not teeny bopper in the dressy casual & the casual clothes . The sales clerks are always very nice & helpful.

pamelaj50
12/26/18

I ordered three bras at $49. each. Size 38d. One of them was the wrong size but probably wouldn't fit anyway. I measured the band size and they were 30" and 32". Tried to get a return label and they don't do that. So you have to pay the shipping to get the product and return it. I am two hours from the store.

sharons526
12/23/18

I opened a credit card with Catherines. I needed a new card and requested it three times. I never got one. A salesperson talked me into charging. They said I was one day late paying my bill because I sent it through the mail. They shutdown my credit card would not take the late fee off for a person who had spent over $2,000 in one year through other payment methods. They were rude on the phone they lied about not sending me a credit card so that I could manage my account online. I do not buy from them anymore.

bambis3
12/22/18

I had an issue with Catherine's overcharging me for shipping (I'm in Canada) a couple of years ago. Catherine's customer service refused to back down until I went to the Better Business Bureau, and it was resolved within a day, in my favour. I didn't shop Catherine's again until this past summer, thinking I'd give them another chance. They were having a sale, so I tried to make an online purchase. Every time I tried to place my order, I'd get a message saying it didn't go through and to try again. I did that four times until it worked. Then I received four order verifications from Borderfree (Catherine's partner), though NONE from Catherine's that my orders had gone through. I called Catherine's customer service immediately to make sure that I would receive only 1 order. The rep assured me that I'd receive only one. I received 4. Luckily, I was planning a trip to the states so I was able to return 3 of them easily. Back home, I tried to place an order once more. The order went through smoothly and I thought I'd have no problems this time around. When I received a package from Catherine's, I was shocked to see that I'd received another customer's order. I contacted them through their website (because the international customer service phone number doesn't always work) and explained what happened. I asked if I were going to receive my actual order, how to deal with the order I received. (Canadians don't get the option of being able to return things for free. We have to pay the shipping.) It became a gong show. The rep asked for photos of the items I received, with the tags visible, and the info on the packing slip. I sent them, exactly as asked. The rep said she couldn't open the "attachments". (I send them in the body of the email, and not as attachments.) I tried again. Same result. I tried sending them one at a time. She was able to open each of them, but said that I'd neglected to display the tags in the photos. I sent the identical photos AGAIN, with the tags/numbers circled. (I've included one of the pics I sent to Catherine's, as requested.) She said she couldn't open my "attachments". Not once did she address the issue of if I were going to actually receive the order I paid for (which, btw, was double the amount of the other customer's order) This went on for two days, In the end, the rep told me that my payment would be refunded immediately, I would NOT be receiving my order, and that I should "throw away" the other customer's order. (I donated them to a shelter.) When I received my next credit card statement, not only had I not been reimbursed, I'd also been charged for the other customer's order! I contacted them once again, and was told that my refund would take 6 weeks and they'd remove the other customer's charge. I did receive my refund eventually, but ended up paying the other charge because I just couldn't face dealing with their customer service again. I will never shop Catherine's online, again. I wish I could say I won't shop them ever, but they do sell good quality plus-sized clothing, and that's difficult to come by.

marshar38
12/10/18

Opened Catherine card in store. Somehow my card was associated with another persons account and they closed my account. I contacted Customer Service, they so called fixed my issue but the next day they closed my account again. Therefore i went into store twice to look like a fool thinking I could use my card. I called Customer Service back and they want me to send in hard copy front and back of my ID and SSN and a bill with my address and name on it. That is very dangerous this day and time to do. They need to update the system so that we can send via email. I would be a fool to send my info through the mail. This is VERY unprofessional. Now I have to find somewhere else to spend my money because this situation sucks and its not even my fault. There should be a better way to identify me other than sending my personal info in the mail which is STUPID

christag10
11/26/18

They've raised their prices within the past 5-7 years, so you have to search out the deals and coupons, but their clothes are of a higher quality than most plus sized clothes. It's the best place for extended plus. If you're a regular plus, Kohls has better prices. If you have an issue and need customer service, call, don't web chat.

Tip for consumers: Return to store, they will ship it back for free.

alexish64
11/3/18

In Tempe Arizona , the sales women are wonderful ! Barbara , especially . Clothes well made . Lovely .

sarahc472
10/31/18

Every time I trust one of their "amazing" sales (like 40% off entire store!) I go in and out of 6 completely different things none of them are on sale. They are ALL "Perfect Price" Crap. Also, the coupons only work on a very select few items and for only a percentage of what they are supposed to be taking off. I'm done shopping there and with me goes 8-10 women who used to only shop there. Done.

-Sarah C

jenniferr429
10/18/18

I am a plus size woman and the clothing and shoes I buy from Catherine's may be expensive but they last a very long time. They clothes are incredible. Will keep shopping with them.

dc238
9/2/18

"Buy 1 Get 1 Free" is stated on their website when purchasing pantyhose. I purchased 3 pairs online and I did not see my free pair posted in my order. Bottom Line: they gave me the run-around and I did not receive a free pair of pantyhose! SCAM!!!!

lindaa298
8/18/18

I visited your store in Longview Texas & was greeted by your employee-Lytandra (store#05578). She is a real asset to Catherines. Ms Lytandra was exceptionally polite throughout my transaction. She was extremely patient& helpful to me. Being in a wheelchair didn't alter her profession attitude & helpfulness to other customers. Ms Lytandra made my shopping experience delightful. Thank you to Lytandra.

lindah618
5/30/18

I've been shopping at Catherines in Poughkeepsie for the past 4 years. Buy all my clothes there. l love this store for several reasons. It does not matter who is working in the store I always receive first class service every time. The staff always goes out of their way to be helpful. I'm always shocked at the register by the final total. After they count all the discounts and perks, my bill is always much lower than I expect. I love the fashions and it is very rare that I walk out with out buying something. LOVE LOVE this store. Wouldn't shop anywhere else.

lizzya2
3/21/18

I have spent $1000,s of dollars at Catherines but with that said...I made a purchase online and used a coupon they had sent me. Within a few days I had my item but in that time the price went down $70 ! I called requesting a simple price adjustment but was informed that because I had used a small coupon I was not entitled to the sale price!! I was told to return the purchase and repurchase it...wasting my time for the same results. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE... sent the message to me that my loyality as a customer meant nothing. The small $ amt compensation would have made me happy and kept me as a satisfied customer. Shame on you

hollyw74
3/9/18

I attempt to shop Catherine's using Safari on my smartphone. The site hangs, freezes, then reloads. I use Safari on my smartphone and do not have this issue with any other site except for Catherine's and Lane Bryant. Despite numerous complaints from me, they haven't corrected this horrible issue. And, on the rare occasion I am able to click on an item, you have to click on an item, then use a drop down box to see if it's available in your size. That's stupid. Why not have the sizes in tiles as well as the colors? That way you can click on either a size or a color and see if it's available without wasting time.
Most of the time I just give up and use Avenue instead. The quality isn't as good but their site actually works and it's laid out in a user-friendly format.

melodeem
2/23/18

I was so happy to see that Catherines came out with black and Jean coloered knit Jean pullons with working pockets in the front and the back last year!!!! I ordered 4 pairs!!! Then I found the same colors and style in capris a week ago and ordered another 4 pair!!! So thrilled!!! Keep it up!!! Would be even better if more colors would be available!!! Yippee!! I cannot find these anywhere else!!!

vickyf12
11/19/17

I have found their site to be easy to navigate. I found having the live chat to ask questions to be very helpful. I feel the clothes are of a very good quality. I love being able to pick the order up at the store. You may also make your returns at the store's so you don't have to pay any return fees.

lucilleb14
7/14/17

do not pay with a pay pal credit you can not return it to a store what a joke but you can pay for your item with it but have to mail it back wtf.

patriciam206
7/8/17

It seems there is always a reason my coupons cannot be used. Too many rules and regulations about coupons and I think this is being done on purpose just to get people in the store. I have never been able to use a coupon yet. Today will be my last trip to Catherine's. It is much easier and cheaper to buy from sales catalogs such as, Blair, Woman Within and etc. No wonder stores are closing up all over. People really don't like being taken advantage of. I'm done!

joyceb68
6/26/17

I purchase most of my clothes from Catherine's Plus Shops and have done so for the past years. However, I am very displeased with the coupons that are issued by this store. There are so many restrictions on which items the coupons can be used on that I am ready to switch stores to make my clothing purchases. Don't give me a coupon for 25% off and then tell me I can only use it on certain items. This is very confusing and misleading. Thank you for listening to my concerns.

jessicav42
6/13/17

I closed my account and my final Payment was processed 3 days after due date. Today I get a call that I owe 50+ dollars for late fees. This was never mentioned when calling my account over a week ago. The customer service supervisor was rude. Not to mention the clothes are poor quality which is why I closed my card. The past few times I have bought clothes they have ripped after one time wearing them. Will never shop there again.

jamis91
5/21/17

I purchased 2 pairs of capris one was black and one was dark jean. The jeans had a terrible smell it smelled like formaldehyde or moth balls? Black pair had no smell?
Black pair made in Vietnam and stinky jean capris made in China. Plus the jeans capris after one wash stunk and the bottom of pants rolling upwards really? My husband said the entire load stinks I know they will not refund my money I am calling head quarters and complaining.
I had a leather pair of shoes made in China and they had same smell. I bought Joy Mangano luggage a year ago and they had same smell one of the reviews said this is a cancer causing chemical that China uses got a refund!!! Buyer beware!!! Mad in Brandon Fl.....

kjw
5/2/17

They have a program going on right now that says spend $50 today and receive $25. But what that means is spend $50 today and receive a $25 catherines cash coupon for a future date where you then must spend another $50 to use the catherines cash coupon. So, really it is spend $50 today and get a coupon for $25 off for a future date of catherine's choosing and then we will let you spend another $50 on that date and let you use the coupon you spent your original $50 that you thought you were gonna get $25 for was for the day you they called today in the program notice stenciled on their front door. how cool would it be to have a store that told you up front look spend $50 today and we will give you a coupon for a future date we choose and then if you want to redeem it, you must spend another $50 to do so. Ohh, I get it---then no one would fall, ahem, I mean go for it cause it is misleading and dishonest. Okay, I get it now. No thank you.

sharonb159
4/21/17

Although I throughly love shopping at Catherine's, online the color I ordered was Bombshell Yellow, the color I received was Schoolbus Yellow. Not what I ordered, so now I have to put gas in my car drive well over 30 miles to exchange this!!! Maybe I should rent a car and send you the bill, I live on a fixed income, that doesn't mean I want to dress like it. Thank you

cindyf46
4/14/17

I called customer service for a late fee. I thought I had paid the card off then was charged a late fee. It was late because I was out of town making decisions to let my Mama go. They credit $15 then charge another late fee. I will stick with Lane Bryant.

janetm106
4/5/17

Catherines online shopping is easy.

You start by choosing your price range, size,color. appearel.tops,bottoms,etc.
Your choices are appear, they give excellent descriptions, there's a size chart available.
After you have made your choices, check-out is easy. they take all major credit cards ,including their own.
You can pay for shipping to your home or have your purchase sent free to your nearest Catherines Store.

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I had a problem with Catherine's overcharging me for shipping and couldn't get satisfaction. After I filed a claim with the BBB, I heard from Catherine's within 24 hours and they agreed to reimburse me..

By Bambi S.

Questions? Get answers from the Catherines staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Catherines