CanadianTire.ca

CanadianTire.ca has a consumer rating of 2 stars from 15 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. CanadianTire.ca also ranks 48th among Tires sites. The most common issues with CanadianTire.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 11.1%

No positive highlights yet

• I was told by customer service that everything that's ordered right now might not be in the store or website at all.
  • The store is nothing Canadian and it's a disgrace they even use this name.
How would you rate CanadianTire.ca?

“Happy with my purchases”

Michael R.
8/9/20

I mostly preorder online nowadays and apart from several returns products have always been of top quality.

“Don't buy online”

Jenny V.
6/3/20

I was told by customer service that everything that's ordered right now might not be in the store or website at all. And they have no way to know it, I wastes days waiting for the status changed in an online order that's was never in the store or warehouse and they have not exact way of knowing with certainty, so if I haven't called the store then the department and the customer service line, I would have spent all my summer waiting for a pool that Canadian Tire never had in stock.

customer service (5) store (7)
jennyv54
June 3rd, 2020
davec434
February 26th, 2020
Awful website! Inflated prices, slow shipping, almost as bad as their retail stores. I'm surprised this business still exists in 2020.
deant107
August 19th, 2020
They don't allowed customers coming with any backpack, STUPID - first time I hear that.
Never ever shop over there, c'mon guys grow up.

Customer experience zeroooooo
paulc1373
August 14th, 2020
I can't believe people still go this heap dump of a scam using a Canadian name. The store is nothing Canadian and it's a disgrace they even use this name. Canadian tire is a globalist garbage hole that rips off their customers with poison junk from China or other third world countries. They jacked the prices but at the same time prices of raw materials actually dropped. So who's doing the ripping? Canadian Tire is not Canadian and it has nothing to do with Canada at this point except being on Canadian soil. It went from a favorite to lowlifes selling junk and using garbage employees that have no business in retail or really in anything. Service is a big 0 and the products are about the same.
peterb1225
September 17th, 2020
I recently order 2 power bars from Canadian Tire on line ordering to be delivered by Canada Post to my residence.

I placed the order on Sept 11th and I was given the tracking # by Canada Post. The tracker doesn't give real time updates which isn't good for customer service. It shows that my order last processed in Mississauga, Ontario at 9:39 pm on Sept 15th. Today is Sept 17th and no further updates on the tracker!
My question is where is my parcel & when will I receive it in real time?
I personally don't trust Canada Post & I have had several bad experiences with them in the past and I only use them as a last resort!
I don't have any say in the matter here as Canadian Tire has elected to use them BUT I WISH THAT CDN TIRE WOULD GO WITH A MORE RELIABLE COURIER COMPANY & NOT CDA POST!
This will be my first and last time using Canadian tire!

Tip for consumers: Do not allow Canadian Tire to ship your item to your home address! CDA POST IS NOT RELIABLE AT ALL!

vladt8
November 14th, 2019
Canadian tire runs sales for items which are rarely or never available. I do not say this from a one or two time experience. I have repeatedly tried to chase down items they mail you in the flyer and they are almost never available despite the website saying it has 9 in stock. The most recent was a cheap jacket on sale, just as I expected the website said there was 6 mediums but 10mins later in the store there was 0. Only ridiculous sizes like XXL. A month before that boots went on sale, exact same thing. WS says 9 all day but store has 0. The guy at the store revealed that they run it like this and they never had any 9 to begin. They use the "computer error & last year stock" as a lie and excuse but its textbook false advertising and they always do it with their cheap chinese brands. This is the scam to get you in the store, they take an already cheap item and cut it by 40% and realistically none are available or sold for that price. In all honesty they had 1 x 9 but the insoles were missing so it was clearly a return or scrap stock from last season. The people in upper manangement are scumbags as well the store manager at Leslie & Sheppard. The floor people are just bad because they're forced to lie to customers for managements issues. Would not recommend unless you like false advertising and rip offs.
johnc4256
March 16th, 2020
Walked to Canadian Tire the other day, about 3km to C. T. wasn't to cold +3. To replace my broken wooden snow shovel handle (pole), I asked a fellow who worked there where I would find one, he brought me over to a display where there was a bunch of them for $12.99 (this price was attached to the display) I had also asked the Canadian Tire employee if this was the correct price, he said yes. I also grabbed some laundry detergent and garbage bags, stood in the line for about 15min and paid for my three items. Before I left the store I had realized something was wrong with what I had just paid. I was overcharged, looking at my receipt I was charged $29.99 for the shovel handle not $12.99, I walked back to the cashere (I didn't walk more than 4 feet away from her) to say I was overcharged for the shovel handle, she contacted another person to do a price check, he came back with the price display saying the wrong one was placed on the display. I said I'm not paying $35.00 for a pole, when I could have bought an entire new snow shovel for that price, and if they could just bring me the correct pole for $12.99. After about another 15 min. The fellow came back and said they don't have any for $12.99 only the ones for $29.99. I then said ok, just give me my money back and I'll get from Home Depot across the street. The casher then tells me I will have to go to customer service for a refund, I see there is a long line there, I ask if there is any way she can do it. She says no it must be done at the Customer Service counter. I then go over to customer service, take a number and wait. After another 1/2 hour 45 min, finally customer service can see me (by this time I just want to get out of this store). I give them the pole and receipt, ask for a refund. She asked why am i refunding, I tell her the story about there employee showing me this pole for $12.99 and it costing much more when I paid for it. She then asks me for ID. I tell her I have not even left the store yet, I have the wrong product due to being misinformed by there employees, why do I have to show you Valid Photo ID, when I have not even left the store. Now even though I have not used any profanitys what so ever, I now have a Security Guard standing beside me. I then tell the lady I don't have my ID as I walked to the store, she said well you'll have to get it first. I then start to explain to her the unfairness of the situation and If I can talk to a Supervisor, when the Security Guard grabs my arm and tells me I have to leave. As far as I know CANADIAN TIRE IS THE ONLY STORE YOU HAVE TO SHOW VALID ID TO RETURN AN ITEM. My son later returned the shovel pole. And I will never go back to Canadian Tire Again even though I have been a customer since 1982.
roseanneh
April 3rd, 2017
Used to be that companies would check the quality of their products before selling anything. And then it turned out to be cheaper / easier to delegate that responsibility to the consumer: if it breaks, return it. But when the retailer's return policy disallows a fair trial period we're left holding the bag (having paid for junk and unable to get our money back). When a supposedly reputable store doesn't check the quality of the goods they buy for re-sale, what are our options?
christac24
October 1st, 2018
I'm a single mom and work hard for my money I brought my truck in to canadiantire garage in Sault Ste. Marie on
It had a noise the first set of diagnostics wasn't enough so they did the second type said it was my flex plate
2800. 00 later after all the work they did I pick up my truck still has the noise
Went to talk to them turns out they changed my flex plate which they were wrong it wasn't broken it wasn't the source of the noise
Manager was so rude to me refused to reimburse some of the labor costs even for a job that didn't need to be done
And one month later my engine blew up
Brought it to Prouse they were amazing

Questions? Get answers from the CanadianTire.ca staff and other customers.

Get anything from auto parts to home d̩cor, outdoor living products, fitness/sports equipment, tools and more at Canadian Tire online or one of 500+ stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CanadianTire.ca?

Have a question about CanadianTire.ca?