Review of CanadaPost.ca

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0B1, Canada
fpc.tcp@canadapost.ca

pattig8
8/29/19

I've been battling this dumpster fire of a company for several years including three escalations to their rude, useless "ombudsman". Their regular mail delivery is a joke. I regularly receive mail addressed to other apartments and of course they lose my important letters. Once they even started forwarding all of my mail to the other side of the country without my knowledge, and I only found out when the recipient started sending my opened mail back to me.

I signed up for their "customer choice" program which is supposed to stop them from stuffing my mailbox with junk. They continue to stuff my box with junk mail and then refuse to deliver legitimate mail because my mailbox is full. I've complained several times about this. The flood of junk stops for a few weeks and then starts right back up.

Parcels are even worse. They've stopped tracking parcels no matter how much you pay for shipping. There's no way to tell where a parcel is, much less when you can expect to receive it. They send tracking info to the sender and don't post it on their own website. One of their own carriers told me to ignore what's on their tracking site because it's "nonsense" (his words).

Once a carrier crammed a parcel addressed to another apartment so tightly in my mailbox that I had to cut the box apart to get it out. Very often they don't even try to deliver parcels in the first place, they just slap a ticket on the mailbox. Several times their ticket directed me to pick my parcel up at the wrong postal outlet, which means two trips to different outlets when I'm disabled and don't drive. Speaking of postal outlets, they insist on dumping parcels addressed to tenants in my building at an outlet which is nearly 3 km from our building with no bus service, when there's an outlet 15 mins walk away which we can see out of our windows. Because of this I have to walk for an hour and a half each way on a walker when Canada Post screws up and doesn't deliver my parcel to my home.

Their carriers are abysmally stupid and lazy. I installed a doorbell on my door because these people don't know how to knock loudly enough to be heard through a thick apartment fire door. It's a video doorbell with a motion sensor that lights up the button with bright blue light when someone comes to the door. Other couriers have no trouble using it. Too bad Canada Post's carrier is actually too brain dead to know how to operate a doorbell button. It doesn't help that he only knows exactly three words of English. I finally tried putting up a sign on my door saying "ring, do not knock" - and yesterday my video doorbell caught him knocking on the camera/doorbell assembly and saying "Hello, hello!". Duh...

I'm "expecting" another parcel from Canada Post today. Actually what I really "expect" is to find a ticket stuck on my door or mailbox, and to waste my day tomorrow running another wild goose chase to get my parcel which should have been delivered today, but which Canada Post hasn't scanned since the box was picked up from the sender yesterday. Even if by some miracle it arrives at my building, the brain trust whose job it is to deliver it will be too busy shouting "hello" at my doorbell and knocking on it to actually ring it.

anni10
2/18/19

Canada post so expensive and getting more expensive bad customer service .
They are just losing people's legal documents and everything you mail.

damonh24
7/13/16

service is lackluster and employees don't give a @#$% about the customer or their parcel...just there for the paycheck

roseanneh
6/25/16

Canada Post, a tax-payer-subsidized organization is falling down on the job yet again. My elderly friend (in another province) is unable to get to the post office to send a parcel, and the post office is unable to suggest an alternative. Even adding a stamp and sending it to the recipient with the balance of postage payment due (to be paid by the receiver) is not an option. The long-time mismanaged government agency is revealing its shortcomings one more time in refusing to consider options or even pay attention to this issue which will - of course - become increasingly prevalent as our population ages.

Questions? Get answers from the CanadaPost.ca staff and other customers.

3 Photos for CanadaPost.ca