Canada Post CA

Canada Post CA has a consumer rating of 1.43 stars from 7 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Canada Post CA ranks 186th among Shipping sites.

How would you rate Canada Post CA?

“Milking the C-19 Issue”

D T.
6/1/20

""Customers should anticipate delays as important safety measures, including physical distancing, means it takes longer to process heavy parcel volumes. Please track your item. Our call centres have no further information."" This is what you will find on the C-Post Tracking page - milking the C-19 issue. Canada Post isn't alone in doing this but the Corporation is sure taking full advantage. Like many C-Post now has the luxury of working with a lot less costs as a result of less staffing levels - plus they get to reduce service and say "oh it's C-19" - yet C-Post still has the same rates being charged for the reduced service and cash in hiding behind C-19. If it used to take 3 days it now takes 2 weeks for the same monies paid - and you get 'well it's C-19' if you call them on it. Canada Post has had plenty of time to work around the C-19 issue and have a system in place to maintain service - but why would they when they have C-19 the hide behind & profit more while customers get less...

dt377
June 1st, 2020
shahids12
June 28th, 2020
All CP and its employees care about is the paycheck they get.
CONVID19 or even no CONVID19, they come up with an excuse for not delivering on time. Seriously, kids can make better excuses then CP. All they think is that we are idiots as we keep using them and they being the most intelligent people on the planet.
pattig8
October 7th, 2020
• Updated review
Now that covid has come along, Canada Post is using it as the perfect excuse to ratchet up their laziness and arrogance. So far since March I've had three parcels stolen because they refuse to track parcels, they sit on parcels for weeks like chickens trying to hatch eggs, and then they dump the month old parcel outside my door when I'm not expecting it (no tracking) and refuse to ring my bell or knock to let me know it's there. Another heavy parcel was dumped in the driveway in front of my building (they were too lazy to bring it in, even with a dolly), then stolen. It's so bad that some organized criminals in my building now watch for the CP truck every day and then do the rounds of the hallways snatching the parcels before the tenant has a chance to pick them up. I caught footage of them with my doorbell cam using a stolen grocery cart to steal the parcels. Luckily Amazon is quick to refund stolen parcels, and after the third time it was easy to convince them to NEVER use Canada Post to ship any of my orders again.

Parcels are always at least a week overdue and sometimes a month or more. They are now outsourcing a lot of their parcel delivery in Toronto, and often they will dump a parcel after 9 pm on weekends, great time for it to be stolen. As I mentioned there's never any tracking info and they don't knock or ring. They refuse to help if you phone them asking for a parcel trace, they only help the senders. I currently have a $250 parcel in limbo from a different retailer for two weeks now. It was sent from less than 10 km away! I could have walked to the sender and picked it up myself. The sender is being difficult about a refund and refusing to call Canada Post to track the parcel. They expect me to pay to ship the item back to them before they will issue a refund. I'll be reviewing them here shortly. I was forced to buy the same item again at another retailer who doesn't use Crappy Post. So now I'm out $250 and will probably have to do a chargeback with my credit card company to get my money back for the parcel that Crappy Post's sticky fingered chickens are incubating.
Terrible service and getting worse by the day
August 29th, 2019
• Previous review
I've been battling this dumpster fire of a company for several years including three escalations to their rude, useless "ombudsman". Their regular mail delivery is a joke. I regularly receive mail addressed to other apartments and of course they lose my important letters. Once they even started forwarding all of my mail to the other side of the country without my knowledge, and I only found out when the recipient started sending my opened mail back to me.

I signed up for their "customer choice" program which is supposed to stop them from stuffing my mailbox with junk. They continue to stuff my box with junk mail and then refuse to deliver legitimate mail because my mailbox is full. I've complained several times about this. The flood of junk stops for a few weeks and then starts right back up.

Parcels are even worse. They've stopped tracking parcels no matter how much you pay for shipping. There's no way to tell where a parcel is, much less when you can expect to receive it. They send tracking info to the sender and don't post it on their own website. One of their own carriers told me to ignore what's on their tracking site because it's "nonsense" (his words).

Once a carrier crammed a parcel addressed to another apartment so tightly in my mailbox that I had to cut the box apart to get it out. Very often they don't even try to deliver parcels in the first place, they just slap a ticket on the mailbox. Several times their ticket directed me to pick my parcel up at the wrong postal outlet, which means two trips to different outlets when I'm disabled and don't drive. Speaking of postal outlets, they insist on dumping parcels addressed to tenants in my building at an outlet which is nearly 3 km from our building with no bus service, when there's an outlet 15 mins walk away which we can see out of our windows. Because of this I have to walk for an hour and a half each way on a walker when Canada Post screws up and doesn't deliver my parcel to my home.

Their carriers are abysmally stupid and lazy. I installed a doorbell on my door because these people don't know how to knock loudly enough to be heard through a thick apartment fire door. It's a video doorbell with a motion sensor that lights up the button with bright blue light when someone comes to the door. Other couriers have no trouble using it. Too bad Canada Post's carrier is actually too brain dead to know how to operate a doorbell button. It doesn't help that he only knows exactly three words of English. I finally tried putting up a sign on my door saying "ring, do not knock" - and yesterday my video doorbell caught him knocking on the camera/doorbell assembly and saying "Hello, hello!". Duh...

I'm "expecting" another parcel from Canada Post today. Actually what I really "expect" is to find a ticket stuck on my door or mailbox, and to waste my day tomorrow running another wild goose chase to get my parcel which should have been delivered today, but which Canada Post hasn't scanned since the box was picked up from the sender yesterday. Even if by some miracle it arrives at my building, the brain trust whose job it is to deliver it will be too busy shouting "hello" at my doorbell and knocking on it to actually ring it.
keekog
November 16th, 2020
I'm pasting my review from best buy over here to explain how poorly canada post handled my misdelivered parcel issue. It's ridiculous and i still haven't been refunded for it.

Purchased a pack of polaroid film from bestbuy.ca while it was still hot and sunny out ($124) because i wanted to use my polaroid cameras during that time. That was over a month ago on October 5th. It is now November 16th. It's cold, rainy, snowing and dark outside. After realizing my item wasn't delivered to me, even though tracking said it had been, i contacted canada post about it. They argued that i had received it and gave me a hard time about it but finally let me create a ticket. No follow up. Two weeks later i received an email from canada post saying the sender of the item had contacted them about my unreceived item and had i contacted canada post yet? I answered yes i had and sent them my ticket number but they never got back to me. I waited a week more and called canada post. The service agent let it slip that the carrier had delivered the package to my neighbour's safe drop location behind their fence (?) and was supposed to go back to get it on october 15th but just hadn't. She asked me to wait another week for them to get back to me about it, so i did. No follow up again. I call canada post again. They tell me they have RESOLVED the issue with best buy and that i can only deal with them concerning this issue going forward. I reluctantly contact best buy chat, waiting on a long hold with them to finally be told that my case has been escalated to the "concerned department" and that they require 5-7 business days to contact me with my "options". I argue but get nowhere so am forced to wait for an email. EMAIL NEVER COMES. I contacted best buy through chat again today, waiting on hold forever again, TO BE ASKED TO WAIT 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS FOR THEIR "BACK END" STAFF TO CONTACT ME WITH MY OPTIONS GOING FORWARD. WHHAAAATTTTTTT THE FFF?!? I literally feel like i am stuck in the movie Groundhog Day. Is this a joke? Do you guys this is funny? I paid for an item that i did not receive, and i've waisted hours of my life chasing both the carriers you use and your own company around just to get played with like a cat with a mouse. I feel like screaming and i'm not even a screamer.
roseanneh
June 25th, 2016
Canada Post, a tax-payer-subsidized organization is falling down on the job yet again. My elderly friend (in another province) is unable to get to the post office to send a parcel, and the post office is unable to suggest an alternative. Even adding a stamp and sending it to the recipient with the balance of postage payment due (to be paid by the receiver) is not an option. The long-time mismanaged government agency is revealing its shortcomings one more time in refusing to consider options or even pay attention to this issue which will - of course - become increasingly prevalent as our population ages.
damonh24
July 13th, 2016
Service is lackluster and employees don't give a@#$% about the customer or their parcel... just there for the paycheck
anni10
February 18th, 2019
Canada post so expensive and getting more expensive bad customer service.
They are just losing people's legal documents and everything you mail.

Questions? Get answers from the Canada Post CA staff and other customers.

Mail letters, ship parcels, market your business or sell from your online store with Canada Post. We have personal services for individuals and business services for business of all sizes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canada Post CA?

Have a question about Canada Post CA?