California Pet Pharmacy reviews

Tel: 877-554-4797
sales@californiapetpharmacy.com

moniquea16
2/16/18

The medication I need is the cheapest through them by a significant amount, shipping is the cheapest eapest also. Quick deliveries, efficient customer service. Never an issue.

jamesk53
2/14/18

Placed an order for prescription medication for my dog who just had 2 tumors in her neck removed that ended up being CANCEROUS as well as a tumor in her anal cavity that ended up being benign. She is 15 years old and is in a lot of pain after the very MAJOR SURGERY that was performed on her. To ease this pain she takes 2 pain medications as well as this NSAID. One of the medications started running low and therefore an expedited shipment was placed through this company. MISTAKE #1.

Order Placed: Order Date: 02/12/2018 2:49:14PM EST - Expedited Shipment 2-4 Business Days (6 Pills Left in Medication)

VET sends prescription to company: 2/13/2018 10:00AM EST (5 pills left)

Customer call to California Pet Pharmacy (CPP): 2/13/2018 1:00PM EST - Receive confirmation of prescription receipt and confirm that medication will be sent out that day. (4 pills left)

Receive a confusing and vague email from CPP: 2/14/2018 12:41PM EST (3 pills left)

"Your order is currently pending with our pharmacy. Please reply to this e-mail or contact us directly to inform us the status of your order. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated."

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Jessica
Customer Service Rep.
California Pet Pharmacy

Call CPP: 2/14/2018 1:00PM EST - CPP wants to confirm whether it is ok to send prescriptions that will expire in 2 months (90ct order placed taken 1 time daily = 3 months). Then proceeded to say that that they sent me an email regarding this (I am guessing that very vague and confusing email sent before). It has now been about 48 hours since I placed the order and instead of expecting a shipment sent on 2/13/2018 as promised they now say that the shipment will be delayed another 24-48 hours because of this "expiration date" issue and will be sent either 2/14/2018 or 2/15/2018.

Upon further questioning, apparently all of the prescriptions that they have for this particular prescription expire at the end of April. THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL SELLING 90 CT PRESCRIPTIONS ON YOUR WEBSITE? WHY DO NONE OF YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES KNOW ABOUT THIS? WHEN DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THIS ISSUE? IS YOUR COMPANY SO DISJOINTED AND POORLY RUN THAT YOU REALLY DIDNT KNOW THAT YOUR ENTIRE PRESCRIPTION STOCK WAS EXPIRING IN 2 MONTHS? WHAT KIND OF HALF-ASS OPERATION ARE YOU RUNNING? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ENTIRE LIVES ARE DEPENDENT UPON THESE MEDICATIONS?

So in the end they committed 2 mistakes:

1. SELLING 90CT PRESCRIPTIONS of a medication that expires in 60 days. Not sure how they dont have the proper internal controls to realize that this is the case. When did they find out? Did they know this beforehand? Which leads to the second issue.

2. During the phone call on 2/13/2018 the representative should not have made a representation and promise that the items were going to be shipped that day. Further, I have a hard time comprehending how the company and the departments are so disjointed that this service representative did not have the relevant information to notify me during this 2/13/2018 conversation that there was a expiration date issue with the medication. It took another 24 hours for that information to be relayed back to me. Should a company that is dealing with prescription medication be more aware of when products expire? Especially when dealing with items that are going to be ingested? That have potential health liability implications? That can cause serious harm both physically and mentally to not only the animal taking it but the owner?

Because of these 2 absurd mistakes that were committed on the part of the company, I asked for nothing else. Simply, that the product be expedited further to overnight since now I am going to potentially receive the item on Monday (if the even adhere to their promise which is a joke at this point). That is 2 days after I currently will run out of my medication for my dog.

To this they said "Sorry to hear about your issue, but there is nothing we can do because we legally have 72 hours to fulfill an order and we have another 24 hours to send your items out. If anything if we send your items out today then we are sending it well before the 72 hour deadline and are actually ahead of schedule."

To this I have 4 responses.

1. I would not have placed an order with your company if I had known that the prescription medication would expire in 2 months. However, for some reason your company doesnt have the proper internal controls to update their website and their customer service representatives to let them know that 90CT prescriptions cannot be fulfilled at this time due to expiration date issues.

2. Your representative promised that the items would be shipped 2/13/2018. You have to adhere to that promise.

3. To tell a customer to pay the same price for shipping as the cost of medication to get it in time so that I dont run out before the item arrives is sickening. Your motto "a healthy dog is a happy dog" needs to be removed from all of your correspondences.

4. As a company that is built upon the reputation of selling prescription drugs to make "healthy" and "happy" dogs you sure do not care about the wellness of dogs when it actually comes down to it. All of your representations that you make on your website are completely false. You dont give a sh*t about dogs, pets, families, owners, people, etc. The list goes on. At the end of the day, you stand behind your bullsh*t terms and conditions when it comes time to own up to your mistakes and stand behind your bullsh*t curtain of "legally we arent responsible and have no obligation to do X, Y, and Z." SHAME ON YOU!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! HALF-ASS COMPANY THAT DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOUR PET AND ONLY CARES ABOUT MAKING MONEY. PAY THE EXTRA FEW BUCKS AND GO TO A MORE REPUTABLE AND RESPECTABLE COMPANY THAN THIS PIECE OF SH*T COMPANY.

denised109
2/7/18

My veterinarian's office has an online pharmacy, which I had to use to order a new prescription for my cat that local human pharmacies did not carry. I was shocked by the cost and the FEES, so many fees. When I compared the cost to CPP, it was over half of my vet's online site. I've been ordering other prescriptions from CPP for a few years and I've never had any problems and the prices are great. I've already requested that my vet send refills for the new prescription to CPP.

johnd941
1/20/18

I have been purchasing meds from theses people for many years now and never had any problems.The past year or so I buy meds and never get a tracking number .I have asked numerous times what is going on and ALL I get is apologies .to say the least I am getting tired of it.I will be writing to corporate.I think they need to re vamp thier shipping dept.I will be contacting Jessica on Monday 1.22.18.

johng560
12/14/17

Great online service that has prices that are much better than what I would pay at my Vet. They are close to me in Hayward too so everything comes very quickly. Still waiting on that my account function though.

christopherp100
12/5/17

This business has great prices, fast shipping, and great email communication. Can't ask for more! Highly recommended!

joani51
12/4/17
• Updated review

Since my previous review I reordered a drug my dog will be on for life, and was unaware till a few hours later that the price had increased significantly. I called to ask them to honor previous price or stop shipment. I was told too late as order was in process. They would not issue a partial refund, nor would they match a much lower price I found on another site. Of course I could not return as it was a prescription drug! Lesson learned: always check prices, even of a company you have done business with them for years.

“Great prices!”
8/15/17
• Previous review

I have four dogs, and all are on prescription meds. I have ordered fro CPP for many years. My vet now knows to write me a script, or CPP calls them directly for approval. Best service.

brendar96
11/30/17

I ordered a wormer for 5 dogs plus heart medication for my little yorkie. I ordered on the phone went over the whole order. I was told it would be a few day until it would be ready. I did not hear anything for a few weeks so I called again, I was told they were waiting for a total of the worming medication and they faxed it to the vets office. I called the vet and was told it was faxed back at least before. I called CP back I was told they did not get it and can not send it until they get verification from the vet. They faxed another request to the vet. A week later I still did not receive the meds. I decided to go the vet myself to see what was going on, I explained it to the vet what was going on. They then showed me copies of the paperwork that was faxed four times. I called back to the pharmacy and was told again they never got it back. I told the supervisor I was standing there when they refaxed the paper and saw it went thru.
As of today the last day of November I still have not seen a prescription. I was just told it should be here tomorrow. I sure hope so.

michaelg401
11/30/17

I really liked this company and would have used them forever. However, there wasn't an account setting. Each and every time I would have to look up my vets info and copy and paste the street address, the city, the state, zip code, phone number, fax number, vets name.... The account page has said "coming soon" for months. If they ever got that page up and running I would come back if I was looking for a new pharmacy.

vc36
10/3/17

Compared to the vet office, California Pet Pharmacy has the best prices. Being on a fixed income they help me to provide better health for my pet.

krisv16
9/25/17

We've been using CPP for years! All of our transactions have been problem free & they have great prices!

rosek45
9/18/17

You can trust your pets meds will get to you door in a timely manner. I love CPP. Great prices. My dog is diabetic and requires insulin 2x daily. Vet was charging so much. Then I found CPP, staff is friendly, helpful and informative. I order, gets to my door quick and packaged wonderfully. Trust!

christiec16
9/15/17

CPP has always had great customer service & great prices. I will continue to order all of my pet needs from CPP.

debbiep104
9/13/17

Very good prices and quick service. They offer better prices than the vet's office. I always receive the order within a few days of ordering. I have enjoyed working with this company and will continue ordering in the future for all of my pet's needs.

andreap95
9/13/17

CPP is the best pet pharmacy I have used. They are so nice when you call and can do everything online.

jennifern66
9/13/17

This is the most affordable place I've found for veterinary needs. I've been buying my dog's Sentinel there for about 2 years. Great prices and fast delivery and great comparative information about their products.

mc645
9/12/17

I purchased RXs for my pup from the Vet and they were almost double the price that CPP offers. I also purchased RXs from another mail order pharmacy and they were also more expensive than CPP and delivery took forever. I would only use CPP and highly recommend them

debrad38
9/6/17

I have been ordering mess for my dog for a number of years now. The site is easy to use and the savings have been more than 50% off what my vet charges. CCP is also available by phone for any questions or concerns. Meds arrive promptly!

lorettav3
9/4/17

CPP has the lowest prices of meds for you pets. Service is great, staff very helpful when you call. Orders are received on a timely basis.

jillw49
9/3/17

So thankful to have found CPP, without there reasonable prices I wouldn't be able to my pets meds. We love you CPP. Thanks Indiana

elaineb64
9/2/17

I have bought all my dog's medication here for about 3.5 years and will continue to do so because they've got the best prices. Always pleased.

carolm232
Carol M.
9/1/17

I try to order most of my pet meds from California Pet Pharmacy now. They save me so much money. Process is very easy and they are very nice and helpful. Helps a senior citizen be able to afford to take care of a pet.

dorothyc40
8/30/17

I have been using COP for a couple of years now. Very satisfied with them. The prices cannot be beat. Excellent customer service and quick delivery turn around time. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed.

leannaj1
8/30/17

I have been using CPP for several years now and have had nothing but good service. My orders have been filled correctly and the deliveries are usually sooner than expected. I have and will continue to recommend them to my friends.

brittanys83
8/29/17

I've used CPP for years and have never had a bad experience. The prices are always great, the customer service is quick and attentive and they handle the relationship with the vet effectively and efficiently. Thank you, CPP, for saving my household tons of money and helping to keep my beloved pets healthy for the long haul!

Do you have a question? I believe you're sharing an experience... that would be under the rating section.

By Demetria Z. [California Pet Pharmacy Rep]

All their prices are listed on the website. Go look them up.

By Lori B. [California Pet Pharmacy Rep]

I have not ordered that particular medication from CPP but after the way they handled my doggies medication for giardia i got the impression the company is motivated strictly by the almighty dollar and not for the health or care of animals.

By Tracy W. [California Pet Pharmacy Rep]

?

By Demetria Z. [California Pet Pharmacy Rep]

I looked at the legitscrip report, and it does not indicate "legitimate" status. It indicates "unverified".

By G R. [California Pet Pharmacy Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the California Pet Pharmacy staff and other customers.

California Pet Pharmacy?