Review of ButcherBox

Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: 855-981-8568

elizabethm108
6/30/18

I was really impressed with the quality of their product. The packaging was pristine, individually frozen and kept inside a sealed plastic. All inside a insulated carry-on container--unlike the large packs sat on ice. The meat, I believe was raised on pasture, instead of the 3 months grass meat that most 'organic' places sell me. The taste was incredible, the portions cut to perfection. I truly enjoyed it. Now make sure that when you order you find out which day of the month the box is coming as opposed to the day of the week--I was looking for the box for one week because most organic meats I bought in the past comes on ice inside thermo containers but they were not frozen, and you don't want them to sit on the sun, but this one comes frozen. Still, make sure you confirm the date of delivery. The price was good as well (matter of fact I paid less for this meat than the others that are the last 3 months fed on grass). This is the tip for the day: great meat at great price. Enjoy it!

I do have to say that the customer service is awful. The meat comes about 2 weeks later than what they say it would come. They refuse to send a link to track the package and instead, they send it a link of Fedex forms to be filled instead of a link to check where the package is. They don't answer emails or telefophone. So, I gave up their product, as good as it is.

lisaa222
3/11/18

Great quality and excellent customer service. I love that the product comes in an amazing multi-use bag. They substituted one of the meats I ordered and I didn't realize. It was our least favorite cut and when I emailed about it they sent me a refund. Not that they had to do that, I was trying to figure it out - but it was super good customer service!

Response from Emily H., ButcherBox Representative
Thanks for sharing, Lisa! We try to minimize swaps within your order, but they'll happen from time to time when inventory is low on a particular cut. We'll always issue a swap of comparable value for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything in the future!

Questions? Get answers from the ButcherBox staff and other customers.

ButcherBox?