Review of BuildASign

BuildASign reviews

Tel: 1-800-330-9622

rauln10
5/17/19

They messed up my order. I paid to get a new sign over to me overnight a few days ago. Just got an email that my sign will arrive on the 20th. I want my mo ey back they are costing me to much money. I will never order from them again. BEWARE!!

stevea411
5/15/19

I would suggest you not order from this company as they DO NOT ALLOW ANY RETURNS as they state they do not want the products back. If you order, you had better order correctly and like what you order as they will not take anything back. Adams Automotive.- Steve Adams

pamelab277
4/23/19

Received incomplete order, but packing slip said it was complete. Called and was told order would ship out 2nd day air. 4 days later, order still not here. Called back, response is "oh yeah, we cancelled that". No call, no email, nothing. Now its supposed to be shipping Ground, but she can't get me a tracking number "for at least 24 hours". This is just poor customer service.

googlem
3/14/19

Don't expect any help from Customer Service.
My package arrived damaged, immediately called to report the incident. They requested a photograph of the damaged product.. I sent it, and have NOT received any response or returned calls or emails

kathya26
3/13/19

I order a yard. sign that read happy 90th birthday Mom. Beautiful work they did. Colors and all letters great. I was so impress I had to call them and thank them. Wonderful sign

alexan5
12/3/18

I've only ordered clear decals from buildasign, but every time I'm extremely happy. I get the 12 x 12 decal and put a bunch of images on it to use as stickers for my laptop. I can get like 20 images on it for about $4, which is amazing and the quality is always perfect.

chazf
9/11/18

I have ordered a few times or more and never had any problems with them you can call Customer Service when you get your confirmation email and change it to your perfection and it has always come to my home as described.

Tip for consumers: Never had any unhappy choices always received as described.

jbb21
8/20/18

Absolute night mare.....don't waste your time I should have read reviews prior. Ridiculous customer service even with management no care for small businesses!!

christinag15
6/12/18

Sign printed did not look like the proof in the design interface, no guidelines to customer when placing borders, no notice to customer if it doesnt look right prior to printing, sign was printed off center both side to side and up and down, borders cut off, TOTALLY OFF! , Notified them of this and a gouge in the edge that occurred during shipping, they are unwilling to correct, stating "jig offset" WHICH IS NOT DISCLAIMED DURING CREATION. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT rely on what the "proof" looks like , if you did it perfectly, no guarantee it will look that way in the end product.

katrinaj16
6/4/18

DO not order from these idiots, they literally stole my money and never sent my signage and "Destroyed" it at their location, they refuse to compensate me at all. We had ordered our signs to arrive in time for a big trade show that we had spent 5k on the space for and the signs did not arrive!!! we then had to spend $580 on 2 banners to be rushed over night by a local company and still had to pay for our build a sign order that did not arrive. We can not believe how terrible their service is, their team was down right rude and horrible to deal with. We have since ordered with signs.com and received our order within 4 days of ordering it and zero hassle. DO NOT ORDER FROM BUILD A SIGN.

rona1650
4/19/18

I ordered and they did not honour the discounts. The customer service excuses and did not help. NOT good to deal with them.

billb256
12/27/17

ordered, received nonfunctioning usps tracking number, was told they would redo and ship Fedex on 12/26. No new tracking # so I called and they said they decided to not reship. They took my money but I have no product

cynthiak38
9/15/17

My name is Cindy Kelly and I placed an order with Build a sign for a 4x12 banner. I payed for a total of 8 Grommets and wind slits. When the banner arrived it had no Wind slits and a total of 4 Grommets which would not last against 24 mile an hour winds.I contacted the company with my complaint and was made to feel as if they were doing me a favor. They said they would replace it according to my order. . I received the second banner in the same exact condition as the first. Ridiculously I contacted them again again and agreed to allow them to replace the banner a third time, once again being made to feel they were doing me a favor. Of course third banner not only arrived in the condition the first one did,but this one had damage across the entire front of it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. I will not request a fourth banner

meghanl6
5/20/17

I was a little apprehensive when I read the other reviews on here, but they must be under new management or something. I spoke with an awesome customer service agent, by the name of Matthew. He helped me realize my vision, and was honest and forthcoming about things that didn't work well. Their customer service is great!

brandyg4
4/19/16

I had a couple signs made and was very happy with not only the quick delivery but also how nice they came out. The price was great as well. I plan on using it for some upcoming events I have going on.

amys74
7/27/15

I ordered truck magnets. When they arrived we put them on a clean truck, only to find when we took them off less then two weeks later they had damaged a perfectly good paint job. They damaged the clear coat and made the paint bubble. The company had there excuses about why this could have happened, putting the blame in us. Then they wanted to refund half the cost of the magnets, and do nothing about the damage there item caused. I just want to warn anyone else thinking of buying there car/truck magnets, because if I had known it was gonna cost me hundreds or more in damage I would have never have put them on a vehicle!

victimo1
2/10/14

Sent unsolicited email to me. Clearly just buying up a list of domain registrants and spamming them. The lowest of the low.

elv18
10/14/11

Gave me the run around telling me the sign had already shipped. Once I got the Fed-Ex tracking number it was clear they had been lying to me. Worst of all when the sign finally did arrive it looked awful. I made sure to send high resolution files to them and was assured the file was good enough resolution. The other vendor I selected and sent the same file to made a beautiful sign and shipped it ahead of schedule. Skip these jokers, totally not worth it!

brendaf1
7/4/11

BuildASign - WASTE of time!! To sum it up, I ordered 50 signs online. The art department needed better images they said. Which I emailed in right away. I than waited for a proof, and waited, and waited. I received little to No response to my requests for a proof, till 3 weeks later when I finally canceled the order. Then you get the emails and calls from rude reps wanting to know what you wanted, you canceled your order, but we are here to help. All I wanted was to order a few SIGNS!! Here's your sign - shop elsewhere!!

zeigho
12/5/10

This is one of the most marketed businesses for custom signs on the Internet, so I chose it mostly for the exposure. Nonetheless, I still placed a small test order to see the quality of their work and level of customer service first. Sadly, I was disappointed in both. Here are the pros/cons of doing business with this company:

Pros

- Professional web site with easy to design customization of product
- Fast delivery

Cons

- No automated e-mail was sent confirming my online order. I had to request it.
- Product ordered had uneven borders and distorted text
- No reply to two e-mails over ten days to correct the situation (yes, checked my SPAM filters)

Conclusion

- Skip this business and try one of it's many competitors.

marys10
3/12/10

what there automated price qoute was and what they then tried to charge us when we placed the online order was completely different. When they said our product would arrive was off by 2 business days, our shipment was split up in unorganized manner, signs came 2 days later stands for signs came. Some signs had in smudges all over the signs.

The man help me design the yard sign and then showed it to me online.

By kathy a.
Questions? Get answers from the BuildASign staff and other customers.

1 Photo for BuildASign