BoxFox

BoxFox has a consumer rating of 1.67 stars from 6 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. BoxFox ranks 149th among Wholesale sites.

How would you rate BoxFox?

“Good platform to sell overstocked inventory”

Megan M.
7/26/17

I had a few successful sales so far. Seller are asked to set a reserved price. If the highest bid is higher than your reserved price, it will be accepted automatically. Seller doesn't have to sell if no bid is higher than the reserved price. I usually set my reserved price close to the appraisal value. If a bid is not higher than my reserved price but very close, I always accept it. There are some unreasonable bidders sometimes: for example I have a lot with appraisal value of over $1,000, I set the reserved price $800, and a buyer bid $80, of cause I rejected it without counteroffer, why bother! I just relist and patiently wait for a reasonable bid. Overall good experience.

“Lousy Website Makes You a Dishonest Seller”

Andrew G.
1/8/21

Whoever designed the Website needs sacking... The whole listing process is TOTALLY designed around a UPC number... We all know that these numbers are unreliable as hell... My registered UPC's get ripped off and copied all the time, so they must know this... When listing products, they show other products and there is no way of rectifying this... So I asked the company to manually upload MY products and images... Which they cannot do, apparently... So as a Seller, you know your products, and yet you look at what you are selling, it's not yours... it's someones else products... No wonder they get such bad reviews from buyers complaining that they get different products from what they ordered...

andrewg157
January 8th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Buyer Beware... Sellers, if you're dishonest you may well like this site, If you are an honest seller, it will drive you nuts...

Products used:
None

meganm106
July 26th, 2017

dennisd603
December 17th, 2020

Made a big purchase. 15 boxes of damaged goods arrived. According to Boxfox website you can reconcile damage goods. How convenient when their website doesn't let you reconcile the damage goods. SO only other thing is to do is call the company. No one will answerve the phones. Left several messages but no one will call back. Sent emails with read receipts. Yes they read them but no replies. Sent pictures of damaged goods but no replies. But yet the company will keep charging your credit cards. I got $5000. 00 dollars worth of junk that needs to go to the dump. This stuff was not damage through shipping either. It was pack and shipped this way. This company is a scam watch out. Further investigations to continue.

sallyc282
August 15th, 2020

I bought a "Heal" box for a friend who had surgery and timed the order based on their 3-6 day deliver time. It's a lie and ruined the gift. Ordered a week ago and it I still hasn't arrived - not scheduled for another 2 days. I will never order from them again. Wasted money. Wasted opportunity.

magdaa3
February 28th, 2018

My lot was missing 246 pieces, I tried to call and no one EVER pick up the phone at any time.
I sent an emailed to report the missing items and they reply to confirmed receiving the email, yet they charge the delivery fees in full and never issue refund yet.
Very bad first experience.

Joshua C. – BoxFox Rep

Hello Magda,

My apologies for the delayed resolution on your order with the missing units. I see that we did refund you in full for the missing items along with the shipping cost for those products. Thank you for your patience in working through the issues.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!

BoxFox

ashleya32
March 29th, 2017

I've been the highest bidder on 3 lots. The seller, "accepted" my bid on one lot, but didn't add their bank information so that I could pay. The other two just let the bids time out. With this company, even if you win, the seller can refuse your offer without recourse. At least with ebay, they have to pay to list and relist which encourages them to list at a price they're willing to accept. I've wasted my time watching, bidding, and winning all for nothing. It's not like there's a reserve or anything, you're just ignored. I doubt I'll ever see the lot that was accepted.

Joshua C. – BoxFox Rep

Hello Ashley, we apologize for the delay in the seller adding their bank account information to the order. Normally sellers add their bank info immediately after the order is accepted but this particular seller took an extra day. All our sellers do indicate an asking price on each lot. If you win the auction and exceed their asking price, you're guaranteed to get the lot. On BoxFox, the seller has the ability to reject offers that fall short of their asking price. This enables us to attract many more sellers to the platform and sellers often end up accepting offers that come close to their asking price. In the case of your two lots that timed out, both offers were well below the seller's asking price so they declined to respond to your offer. We understand that counteroffers would be a great addition to our platform and are currently working on adding that functionality. I'll reach out to you directly and help resolve any remaining questions or issues. Thank you for your honest feedback!

Hi Shakeel, BoxFox does not physically handle any inventory - the products are shipped directly from the seller to you. We do offer several steps in the process to protect you, though. Once you receive the inventory, you have 3 full business days to review all the products. You're able to receive refunds of up to 100% off for any damaged or missing units. During this review period, BoxFox holds your money in escrow until you've verified that all items are genuine and in the condition you expected. If there ever was a situation where items were not genuine, you would be fully refunded for the purchase price of those items and the shipping cost would be refunded to you as well. In summary, we offer the escrow and 3 day review process to protect you as a buyer in the event that products aren't in the condition you expected. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us at support@boxfox.co or call us at 317-238-3433. Thank you! Josh Cunningham BoxFox 317.238.3433

By Joshua C.,

Hi Charles, thank you for reaching out. You can learn about the entire process of using BoxFox here: https://boxfox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. You're never obligated to sell inventory on BoxFox unless the highest bid meets/exceeds your asking price. If you complete a transaction on BoxFox, we take a 5% commission and you receive the rest. Josh Cunningham BoxFox 317.238.3433

By Joshua C.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the BoxFox staff and other customers.

What if you never had to take a net loss on inventory again?

The BoxFox marketplace provides retailers a better way to sell underperforming merchandise and get cash to reinvest in top performers. Our technology solution connects retailers with thousands of wholesale buyers and generates new demand for their products. Retail buyers can now purchase with greater confidence knowing they have a solution for aged inventory.

Joshua C.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BoxFox?

Have a question about BoxFox?