Blog2Print SharedBook reviews

Tel: 1-888-212-3121
support@sharedbook.com

kateh144
2/6/19

After reading some of the other reviews I was a little hesitant to go ahead and load up my blog, but I couldn't be happier with the result. It may seem a little expensive but for someone who cannot spend hours on a computer jiggling text and pictures it was a brilliant solution.
The books are well bound, the photos well reproduced, the txt all fine as far as I can tell so far. The paper quality is excellent (semi-matt and good weight). Also, I found the system easy to use AND despite them saying the books would appear at the end of Feb, they arrived well within two weeks! So glad I did this! Thanks Blog2print.

adriennew23
8/4/18

As others have said, the process is very restrictive. I had two books printed for my dad and brother who rode their bikes across the country and blogged about it. The print quality was very disappointing. Some photos looked ok but others (taken from the same camera, same resolution) were extremely pixilated.

caroll189
2/7/18

I found the book fairly easy to make and it arrived during the time promised. It is fine for record keeping (if you want to know what you wrote when) but as an attractive book it missed the mark. Some issues due to 1) uneven print & format quality 2) a couple of pages were printed in gobbledygook, I was told later this was an html problem. Unfortunately It wasn't visible in the preview. I strongly recommend 1) using large photos (i used medium - too small) and 2) making a separate page for each entry (i tried to economize by not doing this-my mistake). I plan to make a second book but they really need to correct the "preview" process so one can see the html errors. Having said that I am glad this company exists because for me it was very fast to put together.

Tip for consumers: One other tip: if you have photo CAPTIONS in your blog (I use blogger) you should remove the captions before importing your text as they will not appear under the photo but as loose text.

davidb848
1/6/18

I never got to the point of actually ordering a book as the creation process was so frustratingly restrictive that I gave up. There is no ability to insert pages except at the end. There is no ability to modify the page structure or format. There is no easy ability to edit page contents. I could go on...
On the plus side, the blog slurping function worked very well, bringing down every entry and accompanying photographs. But the editing functionality was so terrible that I decided not to proceed rather than create a book the way Blog2Print thinks it should look instead of the way I want it to look.

cheryll84
10/17/17

Pictures in books are BLURRY and DARK.. POOR quality DO NOT USE.. Customer service said it was clear from the thumbnails that pics were blurry.. NOT true,, ours were clear.... and not dark.... HORRIBLE printing

philippeb12
10/13/17

Photo captions are not underneath photos as per my Wordpress blogs making them seem totally out of place. And they are in the same font as the text making it difficult to distinguish them. I only found this out after converting 90 of my
Wordpress blogs to blog2print hours of work and then previewing the book. When I contacted the help desk they were friendly but could not help. When I googled some more I found that blog2print have known about this issue for 5years! And still no fix! Worse, the issue is not spelled out in their FAQs. This borders on being unethical. Stay away! (Plus the software is cumbersome and SLOW).

kristynr1
7/11/17

I order a book of my daughter's blog from them, and paid for the most expensive shipping because it said it would get here before her birthday. I absolutely had to have it by then. As the date approached, I did not receive a shipping notice, so I asked about it. I was told by "Jen" on the chat that it would arrive ON her birthday, and that I'd be reimbursed for shipping if it did not. Still, no shipping notice, so I emailed the day before the event. "Colleen" responded that it shipped the previous day and should be arriving on the day we spoke. She gave me a tracking number. I checked - it has literally shipped just *30 minutes* prior. What?? Did she think I couldn't see this? What did she think I'd do when it didn't arrive that same day? It finally arrived - THREE DAYS later than promised, missing the event. I was promised reimbursement, but offered NO apology for the problem. I have to say, the final product was good. The occasional caption in the book does not match with its photo, but that's livable.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust the shipping estimates.

mariusv4
7/5/17

We printed our wordpress blog. The book quality is good, however the photo quality is horrible. If you have multiple photos on a page, blog2print uses the 100pixel wide thumbnails and blows these up to page width. It turns most of your book into a game "guess which photo this was", with you only able to see see large pixel blocks.

Contacted tech support and even gave them the solution (they just need to remove the crop parameter from the image URL before importing the photos). Support was very unhelpful and gave suggestions that are not possible in wordpress. After a month of emailing they got sick of me and the finally gave me a full refund.

non230
1/18/17

I love the idea of printing my blog and this seems to be the only place to do that. The website is very outdated and frustrating to use, it's in desperate need of an update. All the compilations and set backs made something that should taken a few minutes actually take several hours and when I finally submitted my order, a few minutes past midnight, my coupon code no longer worked and I paid about $140 for each of my 6 books. I only ordered because of a 35% off promo. I was disappointed when my order finally arrived, pictures all mixed up and their captions crunched into one paragraph, nowhere near the photo it belonged to. None of it makes sense. The title of my posts is on the bottom of the previous pages, adding to the confusion. It's an awful mess and I'm embarrassed to have these on display in my home. Shotty work for outrageous prices.

johnm953
1/1/17

I couldn't find a company in the UK who could print a blog with lots of photos so I used blog2print to make a book of my son's Budapest blog for delivery to my sister's florida address. She left Tampa for London before the book arrived but the company sent it to England at no extra cost just in time for Christmas - bravo customer service - above and beyond the call of duty! John Milne

judyp39
12/18/16

I've printed my blog 5 times with good results. This time the result was poor. The cover photo printed badly - blurry and indistinct because it printed larger than the proof copy. Customer service was no help at all. My book was almost $200. I feel very cheated.

louised20
1/11/15

I don't usually write reviews, but I feel the need to share my experience with Blog2Print. After reading some negative review about their customer service, I was a bit apprehensive, but decided to go forward with the books. I was making 3 blog books as a Christmas present for my adult daughter. The books had a total of nearly 750 pages. It is true that the process is a bit daunting, but I was able to work through it. I had an online coupon for 20% off which was expiring the night I finished editing the books. Unfortunately, the coupon code was not working. Knowing that they would already be closed, I called to let them know I was unable to use the code with the hopes that they would honor it the following day. I tried again on the next morning and the code worked, so I placed my order. Surprisingly, I received a call later that day from someone from Blog2Print asking me if I needed help with the code. Great customer service! My order was placed on December 1st and the books arrived on December 11th. The quality of the books exceeded my expectations, but there was one problem. In the process of shipping, the books rubbed against each other scuffing the book covers. I was very disappointed and call immediately. I reached a representative right away. She was very pleasant and helpful. She asked me to send photos of the damage and said that they would take care of the problem. Within 24 hours I received an email notifying me that new books would be shipped to me! In addition I was told I could keep the damaged ones. I was very impressed with their high quality of customer service. The new books arrived on December 22nd, just in time for Christmas. I couldn't me more pleased with the quality of the books, but more importantly the customer service I received. I will be making my daughter a new book each year and will definitely use Blog2Print again.

rhildafayes
10/17/14

Love the books. ABSOLUTELY HATE THE PROCESS!!! I must find another company. I've been trying to purchase a book since August. Keep getting an error message when I try to open it. The customer service is virtually non-existent. Can't get anyone by phone, and chat takes FOREVER. This is just not worth the headache. GOOGLE should be ashamed to be associated with such a lousy company.

richardb115
9/23/14

I just received my book from blog2print and am very pleased. The blog covered 45 posts with photos from a year living in Greece. The quality of the binding is good, the paper is heavy, glossy stock, and the print and photos are clear and sharp. The whole process is as simple as typing the name of my blog into their website, and they do the rest automatically. As others have noted, the formatting options are relatively limited, and that is the tradeoff for the ease of creation. All the other sites require much more manual input and manipulation.

Somehow my browser kept blocking the popup preview of my book, which must be reviewed before ordering. I tried the online chat, and the operator was courteous and responsive. In fact, she downloaded it herself and emailed it to me since nothing else we did seemed to solve the problem. Bottom line - 10 minutes later I was back in business.

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews. Because Blog2print was my only real alternative, they made me proceed with some nervousness. My experience couldn't have been better. I liked the product, it was delivered on time, the customer service was friendly, and I would use them again.

jennar2
5/30/13

Every time I go through all the trouble to create this book and submit it, I get an error. I contacted customer service, but they are unable to assist me AT ALL unless I provide my private username and password. Nope, I don't give out that information - who the hell does? So, basically, they've had a server error for weeks and can't assist me. Moving on.

sherryb4
12/3/12

This is a terrible service!!!!!!!! I just spent 2 hours trying to print out my blog (I have successfully printed my blog from this site several times before, but the quality is terrible - because there aren't a lot of options, I've kept going back) with no luck. The technology issues are unbelievable. It's beyond my ability to comprehend that technology can really be this primitive. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryans20
4/19/12

Had a terrible experience with Blog 2 Print. I was planning on printing my wife's blog and giving it to her for Mother's Day. I went to Blog2Print and created a couple of different versions of the book...my wife blogs a lot and I wasn't sure how I wanted to lay it out. Anyway, I finally found a version that I liked, went to checkout, approved the design, clicked submit, and then was somehow logged off the site (note, this was not the first time I logged out and had to log back in). I went back in just to confirm that my order went through and realized that the site had accepted an order for the wrong book.

I contacted customer service and they refused to cancel my order. It was literally 10 minutes after I ordered the book and they said it was too late to cancel. They pointed out that I had accepted the order, to which I responded that I had accepted the order for a different book. They still refused to stop the order. There only offer was to give me a 20% discount if I want to go back and order the right book. So, basically I would have to pay twice for the correct book.

While the site was easy to use, there were lots of technical issues. Long load times, being logged out and having to log back in several times, inability to truly preview the order are amongst my chief complaints. I also can't believe their customer service absolutely refused to cancel the order. Good thing I paid with a credit card...I'm going to make sure that the credit card company does not pay Blog2Print.

The site looked great and the book I wanted to order looked good, but there were too many technical problems for me to trust the site. Also, poor customer service has soured me completely. I encourage everyone to avoid this site.

chriso8
12/13/11

Terrible. Printed a large book here that took two volumes. They printed the same book twice, took the money for both, and refuse to do anything about it. Also, the pictures from the blog are all the same small size, and quite poorly printed. Now we're trying blurb.com.

chriso1
3,145 helpful votes
7/30/10

Blog2Print converts your digital creations into old-fashioned print on paper. Put like that, somehow it seems a step backward, but there's something about a real hard-copy book that has a physical presence, which can't be simulated by an image on a screen. At least, not yet; people once said similar things about digital photography, and that seems to have done reasonably well compared to film (remember film?). I think it may be a while longer, though, before people have the same feelings about screen reading as they do book reading, even given the increasing popularity of e-book readers, which themselves still have a long way to go.

The advantage of this service over others is that it handles both text and photographs, and it has options for Twitter and Facebook and other types of digital creations as well as the three major types of blog: Blogger, Wordpress and TypePad. Costs are not cheap, but reasonable when you consider that you are probably only buying one copy and it will be unique. A hardcover, 20-page book of your blog will set you back $25.95 at the time of writing, plus 35 cents for each extra page. A soft cover version is $15.95 and you can have a simpler PDF version for $7.95. Additionally you can subscribe to a service which automatically creates a PDF of your blog and sends you a copy every month or every quarter, and of course you can print as many copies of that at home, as you like.

A very neat feature of the site is that you can create a digital image of what your book will look like, page by page, presented onscreen. So you can mess around somewhat with the format, choose covers, choose fonts and a dedication. They even have common dedication texts to choose from if your originality ends where your blog does. You'll be able to see what you're buying before you buy, by paging through this digital version, and if you change your mind you're making no committment - just close your browser window or surf off somewhere else. On the other hand, if you're into the idea but don't have the time to complete it right now, you can save your work and come back later. Pretty useful.

It definitely falls into the "This'll make a great gift for Grandma" category, which makes a plausible excuse for buying a copy to leave on the coffee table to impress your friends. I have mixed feelings, though; one of the main defining characteristics of digital media is that it's changeable, it can be revisited, modified and improved. A book represents a fixed moment in time, offering none of the freedom of a digital creation.

Somehow the prospect of my writing becoming part of a permanent record is a little scary, so for now, I'll stick with a medium that allows me to go back and rewrite to prove that I'd really had better ideas than people remember. I'd hate to think I'd irrevocably committed myself to some embarrassingly stupid observation that someone could quote me on in years to come.

On the other hand, your book can't be spammed by Chinese wholesalers and you won't have to deal with visitors leaving awkward comments ... hmmm, this might not be such a bad idea after all.

I agree with RhildaFaye. I created a book with a year's worth of blog and hundreds of photos last year. It took a couple of tries, but less than 9hours. The resulting book was 200+ pages long and looked great. Hope your second try works for you.

By Richard B.

See my previous answer to the same question. Hope it helps. I can be tedious and frustrating.

By John H.

I had this problem. First I copied/transferred my blog posts to a separate wordpress site that didn't have many posts on it. Then I changed/edited the published date on my blog posts so they would resequence in the ordered I wanted. I made the first posts I wanted in my book the oldest posts on the blog. It's tedious but everything has to be correct on the blog. There is very little editing ability in blog2print/sharedbook.

By John H.

Questions? Get answers from the Blog2Print SharedBook staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Blog2Print SharedBook