2 stars only because the last order I placed a few years ago went OK, although slowly.
This company is PAINFULLY SLOW to order from. Their website presents like they have all of the items on hand. Not even close as far as I can tell. They're more than happy to charge your card right away for all of the parts they need to "special order", even though as far as you can tell from the website they were in stock and ready to ship. How's it a "special order" when almost EVERYTHING is a "special order" ?
- They will not break up shipments without (excessive, IMO) additional shipping charges.
- They will not notify you until up to 5 days have passed after delayed items have not shipped out, at their discretion.
- Poor site communication. "Order status" sits at "unpaid/unshipped" for days with no notification as to why. No real-time updating of order status at all that I can see.
- "Live chat" appears to be unmanned.
- Email inquiries monitored by an employee who "gets to it when she can". Her manager had no problem with this policy.
- Employees may try to bully you into going through with the delayed order, touting a 15% restocking fee on parts they never had in stock and never shipped out.
There's nothing wrong with special ordering parts. The combination of staff apathy, poor communication, and a misleading website make for a terrible buying experience. AVOID. (All the above IMHO as a repeat customer of this business).
I purchased a Honda Pilot cargo tray as a gift. There were a number of Honda Pilot cargo trays listed on their website. I had filled out a form listing that the Pilot was a 2014 model. I eventually chose a folding cargo tray that had a small line at the end of the description saying it was for a 2016 Honda Pilot. This was NOT in the title, just at the end of the description. Having already filled out the online form stating the Pilot was 2014, not receiving any notice of a conflict in ordering, and not seeing the 2016 information after the description, I ordered believing I had ordered a folding tray for a 2014 Honda Pilot. When I realized the mistake after the tray arrived, I called customer service to complain. I asked why, since this tray was only for the new 2016, did they not list "2016" in the title of the product description. I was told they just don't and it was all my fault for not noticing the line after the description and I would have to pay to return. I called my local Honda dealer, Front-Range Honda, and they said I could bring the tray to them and they would give me a credit so I wouldn't have to pay to return it to Bernardi. I then re-ordered, this time from Weathertech which has a better tray with a higher edge to protect from spills. All is well that ends well, but Front Range Honda and Weathertech made this end well. Bernardi customer service was arrogant, rude and completely unhelpful. I am out the original shipping and will NEVER buy from them again. They should have admitted they had an incomplete product description title and have issued a UPS pick up slip.
Customer Questions & Answers
Did You Find This Page Useful?
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business