Bax shop

Bax shop has a consumer rating of 1.22 stars from 36 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Bax shop most frequently mention customer service problems. Bax shop ranks 55th among Music Equipment sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.7%

No positive highlights yet

• Worst customer services I have Dept with for years and years.
  • I have opened a Paypal Dispute, but Bax Music have not responded, so delaying my Refund as long as they can!
How would you rate Bax shop?

“They worked for me”

Stuart M.
12/11/20

I'm writing this to add some balance to the reviews here. I haven't been invited here, this isn't a fake review. I just purchased a case, mixer, amp and power strip from BAX at the best price by a mile, I nearly didn't go for this deal because of the summary of the reviews here. Without comment to individual experiences here, I can say the 1. X summary is clearly wrong. My experience this time was fair as it was a few years ago. However the reviews here caused me to be unnecessarily jittery when I didn't need to be. Price: 5 stars - The Black Friday discount put them way ahead of competition for the kit I bought. Support: 4 stars - When I had a product call I was put through to a good support agent. When I had a delivery call a received an email the same day. Communication: 3 stars - Receiving delivery urls instead of tracking numbers was less good. It wasn't clear to me that the items would be delivered in two packages and what was in each package. When the second package came later, the reviews here compounded my anxiousness, unreasonably in retrospect. All the items were delivered by the time BAX said the would be. The mixer, amp and power strip came after 6 working days. I hesitated to place my order due to the reviews here, but now I'm really pleased I went ahead.

“Abysmal - they have items showing in stock that aren't”

Stephen F.
5/17/21

Abysmal website and service. I finally pressed the button on an item worth £2700 only for it to then show as discontinued. It was showing as '1 in stock, order now for delivery Friday'. I called them and after a wait in the queue and having to repeat my explanation twice to a disinterested girl on the end of the phone was told that 'someone must have tried to buy it at exactly the same time'. The item was. On their website for weeks. No effort to look the item up and double check by the staff member in question, who just didn't seem interested in customer service. I won't be using Bax again,

customer service (20) bax music (4)
stephenf739
May 17th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Don't trust the website stock details - the item you pay for may not be in stock even if the website says it is

neils289
February 8th, 2021

If you give this company your money be aware that there's a good chance that you will will not receive your ordered items and you will lose your money. Customer service will not call you back and you will have to deal with the stress of constantly emailing and calling them only to hit a brick wall with them. There are hundreds of people in the same position as myself. So do your research beforehand.

karaoke machine

marced3
April 26th, 2020

I purchased a Ukelele. It is a gift for someone recovering from the virus. It's not the best quality, it looks like a seconds.
Appalling paint work. Dents. Scratches. Glue on neck. I emailed Bax five times not a single reply from them.
Avoid. Save your money.

diegom144
May 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

On March 7, I sent them the product (Icon Platform M +) as a guarantee for the repair of a button that had left their site. Since then I have not had a response to any of my e-mails, with the intention of obtaining information on the status of my product supposedly under repair, by phone. Nobody attends you. Yesterday I received the product, AFTER ALMOST 3 MONTHS AND WITH THE SAME BREAKDOWN WITHOUT REPAIR! AND IN UNPLEASANT PACKAGING CONDITIONS!. They are a real hoax. Do not be fooled by giving only priority to the low price, then they are all problems, it is advice!

stuartm193
December 11th, 2020

I'm writing this to add some balance to the reviews here.

paulh1597
October 22nd, 2020

I'm waiting for my package since the 4th of october. Each time i call they tell me that it's gonna be shipped the day i call, since one week but still nothing. They suppose to call me back and they don't do, the customer service is useless. It was for important recording now i'm in trouble, never order from their website, there is much better ones.

lauram853
November 30th, 2019

1, they sent me USED guitar!

2, replaced it with the same USED guitar

3, sent me a voucher as an apology which isn't valid

4, fobbed me off and did not refund me until paypal got involved!

5, i brought guitar at the begining of oct but won't get money back until January...

If you buy something be prepared to speak to the customer services team a lot... Liz, Martin, kingsley. To name but a few...

karynp19
December 13th, 2020

Item returned weeks ago no responce no refund poor customer service! Left out of pocket now for Christmas! Upsetting and distressing!

nikd13
January 17th, 2020

One of the worst and most chaotic customer services I have ever experienced and a very disorganised company. I called many times over the course of two weeks about a proof of purchase receipt. They clearly didn't want to help out. Nothing happened from their side, just speculations and promises. Also each person I spoke to had an individualised opinion on the matter, others saying "it's impossible", "we'll hopefully have it by tomorrow", "it will take a long time as it's not our priority" and to this day there is no update on the matter. Just terrible! Plus you never say "it's not our priority" to a customer! Not even mentioning the 10-20 minutes wait during calls.

stavrosg3
March 28th, 2020

Parcel never delivered. Keep ignoring refund requests. No effort to contact you, no explanation on why.

leea333
February 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

Without a doubt THE WORST customer service I have ever experienced.

I ordered an LTD MH-200 from Bax and picked a Saturday delivery as I would be in to accept it. It didn't arrive until Monday and my wife had to accept the package. It was late because Bax misrepresent themselves as being in the UK when they are not, and try to blame Brexit as if this makes misleading customers acceptable. Look up their address on Google Streetview and you will find a tiny little unit in a small business park - certainly not a distribution centre.

The box looked as though it had been opened so I emailed them about it and got no response. Upon opening the outer box I found barely any packing material, leaving the inner box to bounce around. The guitar box had a hole in the top and on opening it I found the packing material inside smashed to pieces and the tip of the headstock damaged. It also clearly wasn't checked before it was sent out as it was shipped with rusty strings.

I have emailed customer services a further two times with pictures and got no response, even though they are managing to reply to the negative reviews they are receiving on trustpilot.

This could all very easily have been resolved, I have paid for a new guitar but received one in B-stock condition, however it plays fantastically and I would have been happy to work with them on this - instead they are just ignoring me as they are many others.

I will be putting the transaction into dispute, and would advise anyone thinking of using Bax to make sure you pay with a credit card or PayPal so you have protection as they couldn't give a damn about you once they have your money. Better still, pay a bit more and buy elsewhere.

Don't!

Guitar

paulj1010
April 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

Awful company, bought a DJ table 3 weeks back, the table was gloss & had quite a few scratches, emailed customer service took them 4 days to come back to me, was advised to send pictures which was fair enough, didn't hear anything so I called their so called customer services over 3 times in a week every time you get diverted to their switch board which they will pass your details on & get customer service to call you back Which never happens. So I have since been on the Facebook messenger to go through the process all over again which they agreed to refund me £50 but it would take up to 7 days, since when has refund take this long but I thought given the benefit of doubt, 8 days later still no refund. Going to report them to trading standards but seriously anyone reading this review i strongly ADVISE FOR YOU BUY ELSEWHERE.

steveb1981
August 19th, 2021

I spent £1,134 on an ex demo synthesiser at Bax UK. It arrived late, damaged, and incomplete.

I contacted them about a return and refund. So far, I've had an email with an RMA number. They said, 'A second email will follow with this postage address.' This hasn't arrived, and they're ignoring ALL my emails about this. This is VERY worrying. £1,134 is a LOT of money to me, and I want it back.

Oh, they've also said when (if?) I do receive the delivery address email, I will have to take the keyboard to a UPS drop off point myself. It's an 88 note keyboard, and I've got a small car. I just can't do this. I've told them, and still no reply. Anyway, they took my money and delivered damaged goods to me, why is it MY responsibility to ship it? They should come and pick it up. Haven't I had enough inconvenience already?

If I don't get satisfaction VERY soon, I will raise a dispute over the transaction with my credit card company. At the same time, I will raise a small claims court application. It will only cost me £80. Well worth it to get my money back, and a Court Judgement against them will look very bad. There's also the Sales of Goods Act 1979 to consider.

Why can't they just be reasonable and reply to my emails, and save this bother.

Disgraceful way to treat an already unhappy customer.

By the way, yes, I am a lawyer...

Roland FA-08 Synthesiser.

charliep98
December 8th, 2020

Made a purchase got a confirmation of payment. Later on get an email saying my order is canceled because 'payment issues' but the money is out of my account! Cant get through to any customer service I just keep getting fobbed off. What a bunch of criminals!

jessicam1403
March 13th, 2020

I am not one to normally write reviews on things like this but the service I received was shocking, it took 7 weeks for my parcel to be delivered and there was no communication, after 3/4 weeks I tried to make contact with by both email and phone but got no response at all. I work full time so needed information on when it was as going to be delivered. It wasn't until I opened a request with PayPal that they responded and explained there had been a problem and apologised, I gave it the benefit of the doubt but it then happened again for another 3 weeks. After saying I would open another formal request with PayPal they replied to say they were going to ship it the following week and send me tracking information, the tracking information was in a foreign language and I could not understand it. I then got a text from a delivery driver telling me he was 20 minutes away with a pallet for me, he showed up and put it on the road and told me to come and get it and said he couldn't help me to get it in the house even though I was a young girl on my own (a large piano and stool). I have recently emailed Bax to ask for their complaints procedure and the lady who replied to me says she doesn't know what this means. Totally and utterly disappointed.

corinh2
March 9th, 2020

PURCHASED 6 AMPLIFIERS 2 OF WHICH WERE FAULTY I NEEDED AN URGENT REPLACEMENT SO THEY AGREED THAT IF I PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL 2 ITEMS THEY WOULD REFUND THE COST.

I AM NOW STUCK WITH 8 ITEMS THAT I CANT RELY ON TO WORK AS THEY ARE NOW REFUSING TO REFUND ME THE COST OF THE EXTRA 2 ITEMS. TERRIBLE COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

AVOID!

geoffd40
December 18th, 2020

Was initially furious that Bax didn't deliver as promised on their web-site. Then when I called they didn't know where package was and advised it would take up to a week to review CCTV before being in a position to offer a refund. So clearly stalling. I checked status of order 2 days later and it was on it's way. Bax didn't contact me to advise or keep me informed as promised. As now having finally received equipment, it was all new and in good condition.

markc1967
September 10th, 2020

AVOID AVOID AVOID FAKE GOOD REVIEWS
I wouldn't even give 1 Star but had too.
Please see this a take warning look at the many many rubbish reviews they are all correct.

Facts are all true
This company is not UK and a con, nowhere at all does it mention they are some corrupt Nethlands outfit.

1 It will be late turning up if at all. Customer service is useless trying to chase
2 if it does turn up it's broken box destroyed bits missing or seconds not new!
3 Now worst bit trying to get hold of the customers service is worst ever, they dont care. You have to contact a uk number who cannot make a decision about nothing and make excuses they have to email Netherlands's for a response.
4 if you get a returns label omg you have to you a company called Mondial Relay. Takes 2 weeks to return you would be better sending it yourself. They have no tracking it's a disgrace.
5 refunds what are they... good luck with that no chance
6,3 years warranty good luck you have no chance of a repair See other reviews
7 120 days money back loooool it will take 120 days from day you get it for them to take ownerships they have it back

Worst experience of my life and aged me this process
Wish I'd seen the reviews before buying and it tried to save a few quid

Now I know why they state they had stock when no one in uk did for months

adriann41
June 4th, 2020

I needed some items for my sons 18th Birthday. Ordered as soon as lockdown started to try and ensure got them for my sons Birthday over a month later. Initially ordered through Dawsons who have always been brilliant. Unfortunately they didn't have in stock, rang me to inform me and refunded immediately. So I chose Bax as they said items were in stock and 1 item would be despatched when in stock few days later. Never received one of packages. Came from Mondial Relay then Hermes. Hermes said it was delivered even though we were at home. Had to reorder items on Amazon who delivered promptly. Trying to contact them is almost impossible, sometimes wait up to an hour then get cut off. When did manage had to sign declaration that not received package, then no correspondance. Had to chase 3 times and fobbed off. Had to resolve eventually through PayPal. Took 2 months to get money back. They also advertise themselves as based in Folkestone. They may have an office in Folkestone I don't know but the company and products are not in the UK!

marke1379
December 22nd, 2020

They are not based in the UK and operate out of Holland for awareness. Customer service unreachable!

robertm4703
July 3rd, 2021

My personal opinion would be to stay well clear of Bax. They have my money, I don't have what I paid for and they've gone to ground and are uncontactable. Stay well clear, you can't fight what you can't see.

stevenc1402
May 11th, 2021

This is the worst musical instrument/audio equipment shop I have ever dealt with in 35 years as a musician/producer/audio engineer. Their customer service is virtually non existent. The order I placed was 2 weeks late. I had to send it back for a refund and then had to wait a month for it to be processed. It took me 18 phone calls to Bax Music to get it sorted. The refund wasn't agreed until I threatened legal action. They screen calls to make sure that they do not have to speak to you right away, they do you off with a "receptionist who can't deal with any enquiries" who then promises call backs. I wish I had read the trust pilot reviews. AVOID BUYING FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS!

chriss2940
April 2nd, 2021

TERRIBLE SERVICE - DONT EVER USE BAX

LATEST UPDATE 1st April 2021, to the review below... BAX have made a further major error. Despite their promise of a refund below, they have now despatched a replacement item to me. I do not want or need a replacement, its far too late for that. What I need is what they promised below - A REFUND. I have escalated this matter to PayPal as BAX ignore all of my emails and calls.

FURTHER UPDATE 31 MAR '21 to the review below... Despite the apology from Bax Music below, and their promise of refund - I STILL DONT HAVE MY MONEY BACK. I still cant get through to their Customer Services, only ever trips to their Reception Desk. I also received an email today saying they have received the damaged item back (they actually received it back on the 11th March!) and that due to their policy I am entitle to "an exchange". I dont want an exchange, I want my money back as they promised me so long ago. This company goes from bad to worse. I also note on Trust Pilot that many other reviewers are having the same problems as I am, in damaged items and no refunds. I have escalated this to PayPal and suggested BAX should not be entitled to use the PayPal platform any more, when they are clearly abusing it and their customers.

ORIGINAL REVIEW - Terrible Service - avoid this company at all costs. I placed an order for a Guitar Case on 21 Feb 2021. The case arrived at my home in the UK on 24 Feb 2021. The Guitar Case was badly damaged i. E. it had a large hole in it. The reason it was damaged in transit was because BAX had put it inside a box with almost no protective wrapping. The outer box had a whole punched through it that then went straight through the guitar case. THIS WAS ONLY THE START OF MY PROBLEMS WITH BAX.

I then spent the next 10 days trying to get in touch with them to start the returns process. Unfortunately their UK website was down for many days, also it is almost impossible to get hold of Customer Services by phone.

Eventually I managed to return the Guitar Case to them on 5th March 2021, they finally acknowledged receipt of it on 11 March 2021. I then spent a few more days trying to get a replacement sent out to me, eventually they confirmed it would be MAY 2021 at the earliest before I could get a replacement.

At this point I asked for a refund and they agreed. Its now 27 March (16 days after they received the damaged case back) and I still have no refund and no explanation. I call them every day, several times a day and never get to speak to Customer Services, it always trips through to their Reception Desk. They take my details and say I will get a Call Back from Customer Services within 1 day. I have done this many times and no-one ever calls me back.

I paid through PayPal so it now looks like I will have to raise an Escalation / Complaint via PayPal to try to get my money back. BAX is never going to survive as a business with such poor Customer Service, particularly when compared to Amazon and others who put the Customer first. BAX put the Customer LAST!

Tip for consumers:
DONT - they will rip you off

Guitar Case

carlk94
October 25th, 2019

... because their 'Customer Service' department never replied to my multiple emails following a shortage on my first (and very definitely my last) order.
They are cheap for a reason - which buyers will experience if, as many have discovered, they encounter shortages or delays. Use at your peril!

timt54
March 6th, 2017

Although the contact details are based in the UK, they are in the Netherlands. Ordered a guitar tuner pedal from them and it arrived 3 days later. I wrote a review on their site just to say thanks for their excellent service and they entered me into a competition draw. A month later they told me I had won £250 worth of Bax vouchers. I phoned them up just to check it was legit and they congratulated me on my winnings. I asked for advice on an item I was considering and they couldn't have been more helpful. The guy I spoke to just happened to be an ex employee of Abelton's tech department. We chatted for ages about music, gigs and bands and his advice was invaluable. Excellent service all round from a great bunch of people. Highly recommended.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Bax shop staff and other customers.

Bax Music offers the lowest prices, free returns, a 60-day money-back guarantee, and two-business-day delivery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bax shop?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.2
Have a question about Bax shop?