Review of Ultimate Guitar

Tel: +1-415-293-2019
webmaster@ultimate-guitar.com

jimr370
5/17/19

I signed up for a free trial only to be billing $30. They make it very difficult to contact customer service or cancel.

mirkoc
1/4/19

avoid at all cost any payments with this company

also, what kind of app forces you with adds after you paid for pro version?

juliaa86
11/7/18

Ultimate guitar is not a terrible website by any means. It still has a huge amount of guitar tabs in various formats and that's great. Sometimes it's harder to find tabs for lesser known bands and artists. The problem is some rather sleazy practices like linking non-existent video tutorials when you are looking at tabs. It just really looks bad. Music news are ok though that's not why I go to UG.

leroys50
10/27/18

It's the larget tabs website, I even bought their phone app. All in all, it's what you would expect. Some tabs are good, others are garbage.
They have way too many ads though promoting their own membership. That is non stop. I mean I bought their phone app for $2, and they started promoting a yearly membership or something. Come on guys, don't be so aggressive.

oscarm96
10/18/18

There are tons of guitar tabs out there, which is really great. I think that's what they should focus on: guitar tabs and anything guitar or tabs related. However, they are trying to copy buzzfeed / loudwire in such a $#*!ty way it's horrible. People are visiting your site because they want to learn guitar. They don't want to read articles full of gossip and things taken out of context.

minnaa
10/3/18

Cancelled a free subscription within a day of starting it. Then was billed for the entire year. Non responsive customer service and no phone contact number. Don't give them your credit card info! Guess I'm taking an extra shift this week :(

anastasiab12
4/7/18

Ultimate guitar is such a great website that I can't help but think that a lot of these negative reviews here are fake. I couldn't find anything wrong with the site, whatsoever, and as a guitar player myself, I visit a lot of music sites. This one is informative, well written, has a lot of great guitar news, and is overall awesome!

georget158
3/24/18

My bank account charges every month with out asking and theres no way to delete my account.
All people have complaints about this!!!
There is no customer service.

samuelm100
3/15/18

After a few seconds of a tab being displayed, page drops to the adf at the bottom, will not allow me to go back up. Too bad, used to be a great site.

michaelg337
6/10/17

Where do I start... so you can not use the website version on your phone.... and then when I was in the middle of using the site an add popped up for some guitar lesson sight... I tried to exit out and I got sent to a link for some random sight and I then tried to hit the back button and ended up on some "snap f*ck" thing... I just wanted to play banana pancakes by jack Johnson... I'm gonna use some other website from now on

oscarp35
5/3/17

They make it difficult to cancel. I will dispute with Paypal. I did not find Guitar Pro files that were acceptable; therefore, the site is useless to me.

jol315
5/1/17

was looking for guitar chords for some houndmouth's music and they claim that they have it in their database, after i paid for the full amount will just redirect back to home page and there is no refund option available.

alexo37
Alex O.
2/18/17

I signed up for a free trial of the pro service and now I've cancelled my subscription over 10 times and continue to get charged for it. There is no contact information on the website and no help. These people are crooks.

Tip for consumers: Don't

andrewd29
5/13/14

Being a guitar player myself, it is nice to have a go to site for looking up tabs and learning new songs. For me this site would be ultimate-guitar. I have searched other sites for specific song tabs and not many of them have been as extensive as ultimate-guitar. They hold almost a countless assortment of tabs from a wide variety of artist and music. If youre looking for something in particular, chances are they have it. Much of the tabs are submitted by user and some can be quite incompetent but the good thing is that there is usually many different versions to chose from and the star rating system can help you pick the best one to learn from. Aside from the tabs, there is also many lessons on many different styles of guitar playing. Many user reviews on musical equipment and the latest artist releases as well as news and forums on what is happening in todays music scene. Join the large and wildly entertaining UG community and post comments on or interact with other members. This site is much more than just a tab site. It is the ultimate site for guitarist. I reccomend it to any fellow guitar player out there.

close down your card on your bank!

By nikki p.

Questions? Get answers from the Ultimate Guitar staff and other customers.

Ultimate Guitar?