Review of Avvo

Tel: 2065087153
cancel.ads@avvo.com

morona
1/12/19

Avvo is a scam that should be shut down. I had a long review of a parasite attorney but they refused to publish stating I don't meet their requirement. My review had all the factual information I could back up with documents. I didn't call the attorney names or make claims that were untrue. Yet they didn't publish becuase it didn't meet standards. They even sent a reply stating I should try and sort it out with my attorney. Seriously? If I could would I be coming on your site to leave a review?

bettyd94
1/3/19

Avvo will delete your negative reviews at the request of the lawyer. The site is not a trustworthy service to evaluate an attorney. It happened to my review after it was initially accepted. I was contacted by the lawyer. Do not trust Avvo ratings!

adrianl114
12/24/18

They work terrorist and have evidence to prove they are with ISIS. They don't hear any cases and they will screw any American over as much as they can Please do not commit any more terrorist acts.

sf123
12/12/18

All attorneys listed on Avvo have '5-Star' reviews. This is because they will not allow any negative reviews. Believe me, I tried. Avvo will claim that the review 'does not meet community standards', regardless of how well written and factual it is, and they will either not post it, or quickly remove it. If you want better reviews on attorneys, try 'Yelp' or even 'Google reviews'. DO NOT TRUST Avvo!

alicjaf
11/9/18

that is a fake advertising after I posted a bad review to bad lawyer Kevin Seaver Avvo removed that
I got this email after asking Kevin Seaver for help ,,is that a joke ?............... call me today to discuss all your questions regarding DCF over the phone.

Be organized. Be sure your questions are numbered .

My phone this afternoon is 617 263 2633.

I will send you a link that will take you 20 seconds to fill out. This is an endorsement.

The reading of the website content, blogs and the watching of the videos have been "FREE". My phone call discussion with you yesterday was "FREE"". My responses to your emails have been "FREE".

The phone call today is "FREE".

I am asking you to endorse me thru a link I will send you today . This will be sent by my assistant Barbara this morning.

jackm364
11/6/18

I posted a review of a lawyer merely stating that he didn't answer my phone calls and no showed my hearing and warned that the attorney wasn't dependable. Avvo sent me an email saying that my review didn't meet their posting guidelines. Yelp is a much better and far more impartial compared to Avvo, which doesn't allow any critiques of attorneys.

elizabethb468
10/21/18

Stephanie Montgomery has been wonderful as a attorney for my family. She was a friend when I needed advise and support after loosing my husband to cancer.
I have know her and worked with her over tens years. Great attorney !!!

debbiem307
10/14/18

Yes. I'm a cat lawyer on Avvo. With reviews! Call Meow!

Avvo is the biggest scam. Avvo makes all lawyers look even worse than they already are.

hueyt10
10/5/18

I posted 3 reviews. the last review I thought wasn't too daming but it was still rejected. Avvo is a joke. I rather use YELP even though I heard taht site too has a pay for reputation system. But I've never experienced that on Yelp.

annec218
9/19/18

Avvo prints the worst (and false) review that shows up on the tagline of the computer, even though it happened so many years ago. If you pay money they will put the most glowing reviews first. This is blackmail and absolutely the worst way to find a lawyer. If you want a lawyer go to the Massachusetts Bar Association or the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Let credentials be your guide.

scottk218
8/28/18

Mr Olson suggested I meet him at his office. When I met him and explained my case. He seemed bored. He rolled his eye and said jokes. He didn't not seem interested. At the end he brought up his wife that after 9 years of marriage he threw her and her dog out and made the homeless. He continued to say how ruthless he was. I really felt bad for his wife. Don't use this attorney. He is narcissistic, and arrogant.

donnan89
8/28/18

One star is too high a score for AVVO. I thought AVVO was a legitimate web site that was concerned with protecting the public. I was wrong.

I submitted an entirely factual review of my attorney. I said we had hired her, I was explicit, factual, and detailed about what she did wrong, and I did not attack her personally.

My review was rejected and it was suggested that I look at the guidelines and resubmit it. I looked at the guidelines and it was clear that I had followed them to the letter. So tried talking to an AVVO employee on Chat, and continued to get the run-around with no explanation, and they abruptly cut the Chat off. They are useless.

My attorney MISSED the deadline for a plea offer, and so the U.S. Attorney indicted us due to her negligence. This is a fact and not up for misinterpretation. I provided both detailed facts and time line. AVVO is not interested.

anonymousa224
8/12/18

I cannot believe there is not an avenue available for the public to post about bad attorney practices without the potential of us (the client) being sued by deceptive and even illegal practices by lawyers. Can they just charge us anything they want even though they do not the job that was instructed? I had an attorney that could not even write a cover letter without grammatical errors and content mistakes. However, he charges nearly $300 an hour??? He also made major changes to my original legal documents without my consent and said I needed to report my spending activities to him on an annual basis??? There is no reason for any of this. Yet this person demands payment and shows absolutely no results. AVVO does not help us (the client) that is made to pay high legal fees as it will not allow honest reviews on the attorney websites. Even if this was honored by AVVO then the potential of being sued by an incompetent attorney looms large. I wonder how many of these "five star" reviews are actually created by the attorneys themselves as so many are listed as "anonymous". AVVO should be shut down as it does not help anyone except the attorneys for who it was created to begin with.

crisj6
8/9/18

If you want to be frustrated, annoyed, ignored, and have dubious guidance, then go ahead and use Avvo. Their rating system is super counterintuitive...ex., No Concerns doesn't really mean No Concerns! It's a misnomer. And if you try to use their "Chat Room" to ask questions, no one responds. You'll be engaging in one of the saddest soliloquies of all time.

herbertw24
7/29/18

Left multiple questions about a couple legal issues I am in and no one responds. Responses in 12 hours my ass its been months since I have asked the questions. The only way to get an answer is to use the connect to an attorney, which of course costs money.

roberth892
7/22/18

I did a neg review on an atty and after me in 8 months he had more neg reviews last night looked this seattle atty up and he had all 4 and 5 stars. Pay off from atty to avvo? 4200 down the toilet and he never showed up with paperwork. Always pay for the tape to watch a court proceeding and always show up to a hearing.

mikec123
7/19/18

What is the purpose of this website? I posted 3 different questions about criminal defence and bankruptcy case. My questions were up for more than a week and I did not get any replies.

ninaj22
7/18/18

I hired an attorney but he didn't do what he was supposed to do. I went online only to give him a review on Avvo so that other people would not wasted their money on this bad attorney. However, Avvo removed my review and they only let you post good review for the attorney on their website. I guess the attorneys paid them so that they will only let you post positive review for them. This is not a good platform for you to find an experiences and good attorney. STAY AWAY from this website!

jimd307
7/16/18

I asked my question seven times over two weeks. Pretty straightforward stuff. My landlord tore up our bathroom a month ago and has left it unusable. I also sent personal messages to four or five attorneys. Nothing. I get it. It's free. But if this is how things go, they should just shut it down.

marvelr1
6/22/18

On June 2015 I hired Steve Rossi to represent me when I was falsely accused to striking a student. Mr. Rossi took a retainer of $2,600.00. Once he took the money he told that he couldnt appear on my behalf because if he did the Union UTD would drop me like a hot potato. I tried to post a complaint with about and they kept objecting to my wording I reformatted more than 7 times to no avail. Avvo is there to protect their own not the public.

timothyh160
6/2/18

No matter what format I write it in they will not let me leave a review for a horrible and unethical situation I had with an attorney. My goal here was to make sure others are protected from unethical practices and Avvo seems to care less about that.

juanar6
5/23/18

Im in attorney and used to subscribe to AVVO. I canceled my subscription and two clients of mine have tried to post positive reviews on my behalf. AVVO has not published the reviews. Based on my experience, I conclude that this company will only publish good reviews if you pay them.

pattyh79
5/22/18

Yes even though I have done filed out for an attorney to contact me here in Noblesville Indiana I need a lawyer and the person running there Facebook's needs too stop being a smartass. They said they can not hook me up with an attorney it's like ok I can take my money and business elsewhere the moron feeling disappointed with avvo.

lancel32
5/11/18

It is obvious that Avvo only posts positive reviews. They asked me to rewrite the review for it to be considered. There is not much that I could change as i just presented the facts. I do not know if the attorneys answering the questions pay to be on Avvo, but I would guess that the do, based on the Avvo response to my review. I was shocked that they would not post my review. I was very factual and did not attack the attorney's character, as this attorney did to me on the Avvo forum. The attorney never addressed my question, but immediately jumped to conclusions and insulted me. After providing further info, she gave me unsolicited advise that was snippy and impossible in my case. She still never addressed my question. I left Avvo with the feeling of disgust.

martinw32
5/4/18

I have used Avvo in the past to assist me with contacting an attorney to represent me in a legal matter. Recently I attempted to use it again, at which time one of their recommended attorneys never contacted after I made direct contact with him via his website. Avvo contacted me about a week later to inquire about my experience with their recommended attorney and to ask if I would write a review. I chose to do so in order to politely inform other potential clients of my experience with the Avvo-recommended attorney. However, in spite of repeated attempts, Avvo refused to post my review. Of note: Their recommended attorney is a 5-star client of Avvo and I rate them with only 1 star. It seems to me that Avvo is protecting their 5-star client by not allowing me to post my negative experience with their client. This action feels dishonest and slimy because it appears that Avvo will only allow positive reviews of their clients. If this is true, it begs the question: What good are ANY of the Avvo attorneys if all of their reviews are possibly manipulated? As you can see by many of the other reviews on this site, I am not the only person with this same issue. Please understand that I am reviewing Avvo and not all of their attorneys.

i believe it's a scam. there is no correlation between how good an attny is and their avvo rating. based upon my personal knowledge of several attorneys that i have become very familiar with since unwittingly believing avvo information i would warn people not to trust this site for an impartial assessment of attorneys.

By vilma i.

AVVO is managed by attorneys for attorneys. It is a recipe for deception, self-interest and greed.

By Heath K.

What is being asserted about rejection of negative reviews is absolutely consistent with my experience. Don't waste your time.

By Jae J.

Avvo only post glowing reviews of attorneys. Avvo will not post any negative reviews, not matter how well written, clean or factual.

By s f.

You actually can't place bad review or rating for attorney anywhere, including Martindale Hubbell or similar websites. Even if bad review is approved and posted, it will be removed by attorney request in a few days.

By Peter S.

No at all reliable. Just look for yourself and see that the 'reviews' are nearly all '5-star'. Avvo will not allow negative reviews.

By s f.

Because AVVO is a scam service that inflates attorney ratings, but systematically blocks negative reviews. Avoid at all costs.

By Bleck Y.

Don't bother in my opinion,,,,,,,,it's a fraud..............I am a consumer and found that people now know their reviews mean nothing...........

By sharon l.

There are "certain words" in their software, that kick out, "negative reviews". I actually got an email from AVVO telling me why they were not allowing it and for me to re-write it. I did and then the attorney wanted them to confirm I was an "actual client". I re-wrote 2 sentences, and that made it on. It is a JOKE as are the BIG BABY ATTORNEY'S who cannot handle one word of criticism, or they threaten to sue you! THE BAR GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE in Connecticut is the BIGGER JOKE. Its like you are complaining to a defense attorney, that is responding on their behalf. It seems they are all allowed to commit any crime and its always dismissed. Making up fake documents, making yourself POA so you can sign these ridiculous documents, is LEGAL? I never "waived" ANY CT STATE LAW that prevents the attorney from profiting off the case more than the plaintiff." That document was emailed to me a year after the BOGUS UNDATED settlement, that was also emailed to me with him signing MY name with a MAGIC MARKER??? The worst part is, in the dismissal, the entire letter, DOES NOT ADDRESS one thing in the complaint. It ignores all the fraud and crossing out dates on NOTARIZED documents. Why would I the plaintiff with 8 screws in my neck, GRANT INDEMNITY TO THE DRUNK DRIVER & MY ATTORNEY? I would never sign such ignorance. THEY LIE AND CHEAT and when we complain or expose this, we are ALL SHUT DOWN. They talk about me having a "fractured clavicle" when the NEUROSURGEON actually gave me a 2 level CERVICAL FUSION. Do they think a neurosurgeon is going to operate on someone with a "fractured clavicle"? They did not even get my injuries right, even when I pointed it all out to the GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE in CORRUPT CONNECTICUT. That is right Attorney QUINN, SR. What an intimidating puke on the CT grievance committee you are. God is waiting on yoou, he gave me a God-wink" on all of your behavior. You and FRANK McCoy, JR.

By Cris B.

Questions? Get answers from the Avvo staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Avvo