Review of Argos

Tel: +44-1435-862737
aoife.sweeney@argos.co.uk

oo10
1/1/19

SUPER CUSTOMER SERVICE IN RETAIL PARK HIGH WYCOMBE AND ALSO ARGOS IN SAINSBURYS IN NORFOLK.

VERY HELPFUL FRIENDLY PROFESSIONAL AND WILLING/GOOD VALUE

pravinp6
11/26/18

wont take tablet back which all other retailer do take back. telephonic customer care said its on store desecration to decide if they take it back. asked me to try different Argos stores.
should have ordered on amazon who provide free return.
consumer rights are not respected at Argos..

carolinew77
10/27/18

Argos were due to deliver us a bed today but called this morning to say the order could not be honored. We have just moved house, all our furniture is in storage so we will have to sleep on the floor. They have offered us a lilo as compensation. Pathetic.

luciab21
10/25/18

i recently purchased in store in Camden (London) a pillow and 2 sideboard to be delivered to my home address-they couldn't delivered together (WHY?) so the first delivery, the pillow , never arrived. i waited 3 hours at home for it and then i called customer service and they couldn't even find the order number that was on my receipt! the advisor was able ot see my receipt but he said somehow there was a "missing order on the system" and couldn't find the pillow! he advised me to call back the following day to re-arrange a second delivery as it was already 10pm and their offices close at that time. as advised i called on Sunday morning and spent 20 minutes on the phone- i have asked the advisor if i could collect the item from the store instead of re-delivering as i was on holiday and i had things planned everyday- the advisor said yes but as it was a "Missing order on the System" he had to create a booking order (?) to collect in store (like you do when you order on line) and he said to ask the person serving me to call ofr the "Resolution Centre" to obtain an authorisation to cover the costs of the pillow (?) as obviously i already had paid the £13.99 and i shouldn't have charged again... OK... i thought it was sorted... the following day i receive a text message regarding teh booking collection, i then go to Argos store in Camden (London) and i repeat what the advisor told me to say. The advisor call teh "resolution Centre" for authorisation and, after 20 minutes, i was told it ws not authorised because Argos had re-arranged for a re-delivery the same night ! i was unaware of this as it was not my choice and none ever mentioned it to me! i was so upset i have asked for a refund in Store which was denied because the delivery was already re-arranged and i had to wait after the re-delivery to decline the item and call again costumer service for a refund! so, the following day i receive an email from Argos and i am requested to call custome service which i did! i spent 45 minutes on teh phone and i was eventually able to speak with a manager that said she couldn't do the refund online as they didn't have my card details in it so i had to come back in store! i probe the manager to provide a reference number for this conversation as sinc ethe beginning of the whole experiance i had the impression i had to repeat myself millions of times with thousand of differetn people with no clue of what i was experiencing! the manager gave a reference number and PROMISED ME that if i had presented this ref number in store thye wouldn't have asked any questions and they would have provided me with a refund! NOT REALLY! i went in store after one week as i was abroad before, i provide the reference number to a sales assistante and she was on teh phone for like 15 minutes after which she come back and said they were trying to sort it and that i might have needed to call back the customer service again for a refund! WHAT??? the store is telling me call customer service... then customer service tells me to go in store and over again! after 4-5 phone calls and 2 visits in store i received my refund of £13.99! do you think this is good customer service?
this is not hte end! i did purchase 2 sideboards together with the pillow and choose a home delivery for tomorrow between 7-11am - today i receive a text message from Argos telling me the delivery will be between 10-12! again! dejavu! NO! i am losing hours at work and have booked GP appointment at 11:30 on purpose not ot loose many more hours of work for my visit and i cannot wait until 12.
i have just called Customer service and after 10 minutes on hold a guy tells me he is going to call me back as soon as it gets hold of the driver... it has passed one hour already and i haven't received a call back from Argos.... do your conclusion... worse customer service ever... much too long waiting times and they do not keep records of enquiries/issues/complaints. will not use ever again!!!

johnh1249
10/23/18

I asked Sarah Little to delete all my details, she refused!!! Is this Not Identity Theft ? I have had many things from Argos, Cooker lasted just over 12 months [waist of time] one of the rings gave up the ghost after a very short time. Now it seems to take for ever for the rest of the rings to heat up. If you buy any jewellery, It may be a very good idea to look at it first. I have bought many things for the wives birthdays & so on only to see her disappointed face when she opens the box. Clasps very week, items very small [in the catalog they look great. Most worrying is Argos as all your most personal details your address, your date of birth & so on. All this information can be sold on to create credit fraud. The Fraud in this country is getting worse by the Day, be careful you are not one of them. They refused to take my D.O.B. from my details, is this not Identity Theft?

jackier126
8/19/18

I would not give them and stars if I didn't have to
Argos customer service is a joke the are ignorant and arrogant and tell lies
I asked for an online order to be cancelled only to be told by the time they do called read my email that it was ready to be dispatched do wouldn't cancel it even though I emailed them with 5 mins of placing the order as couldn't get through on the customer service line as was in the evening
I asked them to stop the dispatch to be told no I had to refuse the delivery when it came but with previous experience with couriers they just leave the item anyway and as I'm not going to be home and I live next to a public footpath items are not secure
I then got a message to say the item had already been dispatched before they read my email so basically sonebody was telling lies.
anyway after lots of emails to them and getting the same answer they can't stop a delivery even if it hasn't been dispatched I am making people aware of their very poor customer service
Obviously another big company that only see ££££ signs

kristyr7
2/3/18

Over Christmas I needed a new dining table looked around on the net and could not find something which was exactly what I needed thought I would check Argos but didn't really have any Great Expectations got a fabulous table and even though it was very busy in the store the assistants who seemed new were very accommodating and took time to help me and carry my table to my car I was very impressed

wendym128
11/26/17

I bought a Babyliss Curler/straightener that they are currently advertising on the TV which costs £129.99. I opened it and tried it and it is useless. It does not curl my hair at all. I contacted Argos about it and they have basically said oh well too bad you have opened it so your stuck with it. I think in this day and age this is disgusting. I am now stuck with a £129.99 product that is of absolutely no use to me. I have been a customer of Argos for over 30 years but will never buy from them again. I also think its terrible that below standard products can be sold and you have no rights. How else am i supposed to know it would be rubbish other than opening it and trying it. I suggest anyone thinking of buying anything from there to think again as they are fine when you keep the product but not when you try to return it.

Wendy Mason

terenceo4
11/21/17

Ordered two phones on line cost £500 now then here was the problem one to pick up from the store fast track no waiting ! Yet a 20 Minutes wait as the phone was still in one of the delivery dates waiting to be delivered Next one was 2Day delivery which in turn ended up 3days and I had to go to the delivery depo to pick the phone up otherwise it would of meant another 2day wait so much for quick delivery I did complain did I get anywhere No

josephm236
9/13/17

Delivery men mumbled and grumbled, because they had to reverse their truck down a lane to get to the premises, this was after failing to deliver the product the previous day!
They refused to bring the items up the stairs, because one of them was over 50k, it was 54kg, and left them in the doorway.
We unpacked them in the street and carried them upstairs, after finding one of the packages labelled correctly contained the wrong product!
They returned the next morning with a replacement, and again refused to take the package up the stairs, leaving my daughter in law who is a featherweight to take it up the stairs herself.
Real men aren't they?
Service appalling not even worth one star, unfortunately they don't have a zero!

elik23
8/11/17

I sincerely warn the public NOT to buy furniture from Argos.
I bought a desk in good faith. It took me time to put together and as I initially did not detect any problem with it, I threw away the cumbersome packaging it had come with.

As I began to use it I found that there was a fault in its design as the edging of the desk was extremely sharp and would cut into my arms as I sat at the table.

Within a few days of purchase I called customer services to request a collection so that I may return it. Not only did the people I spoke to tell me that it could not be collected, but that I would not be able to return it as I had thrown away the box it came in.

I called 3 different numbers, customer services, complaints department and head office, only to discover that all these number directed me back to customer services, which is run by people who seem to only know how to say, sorry we cant help you!

I then wrote to head office, hoping to reach a manager and received an email from CUSTOMER SERVICES saying sorry we cant help you!

It has been extremely frustrating and also being unable to speak to anyone with authority has been very distressing!

Don't take the risk of dealing with Argos when something goes wrong! they are a blinking nightmare!

jennyw69
8/5/17

Ordered from argos delivery van reversed up the street at 7 am with hazards blaring waking up the whole st. We were waiting outside he looked straight at us & drove off!
without delivering

marian860
6/12/17

Ordering on Argos is so easy. I chose my products online, compare prices, make my final choice and reserve them for collection in store. Then in store I type the reservation number on the automated machine, pay with my debit card, the machine gives me a ticket. And 3 minutes later I am called to the dispatch desk to collect my goods. Is there an easiest purchase method than this one?!!! Super great, super easy, super simple. I love it!!!!

agnieszkar1
4/10/17

The staff often makes wrongly decisions, they are rude for customers. They don't intend to refund even if you do buying at the same day.

ihavearobloxlogini
1/1/17

your company is Excellent because stuff is deliverd 0 or 1 day/days

ivyl31
10/20/16

I use collect in store many times per month, never had any troubles and probably wait around 5 mins on average each visit.

paulinej12
5/21/16

I ordered a t shirt online and paid for it then went to collect it. I was only in the sunderland high street store five minutes at the most the service was friendly, professional and very speedy well done

Tip for consumers: if you pay online they have the goods ready for you at the counter

panark
3/15/16

In the beginning of December I ordered some gifts. Later during the month, I recieved e-mail that there was a try the purchased items to be delivered and there was noone at home. Which is lie- all day there was a person, the doorbell (working) did not ring all day, there was no notification for delivery on e-mail, there was no notification put on the door for try for delivery. After another day and hour range for delivery was set, nothing happened. A second call was made. From Argos they informed me that the item i out of stock from November. How they accept payment for item which is out of stock? How they try to deliver something that do not exist in their warehouse?
Later I got my money for the item back. But I did not get my money for the delivery back. A delivery that was not made, that does not exist as there is not good to be delivered.
A third call had to be made for getting my money for delivery back. It took me a month to play on "give-my-money-back" game.

jessib2
11/5/15

Ordered a few things on here recently and I will carry on to great value for money, always come when they say they will sending you a text before delivery notifying you they are on there way. Service Is professional and efficient. Keep it up guys

samw87
9/24/15

Like everyone else I buy electricals and toys every now and again. I feel I can always rely on Argos.

davidm313
9/10/15

Always the best prices and it can often be cheaper than in the book with random sales all year round.

alisonc16
8/23/15

In my opinion you judge a company by how it deals with things when they inevitably go wrong. Any half decent company has the majority of its transactions flow smoothly.

I have bought from Argos on many occasions previously and had no problems whatsoever.

My latest attempted purchase of a lawn mower was a very different process. Having taken my money I still hadn't received my purchase two weeks later. Trying to contact customer service and find someone prepared to take ownership of the problem. In the end I contacted my credit card company. My money was refunded.

paulas36
8/23/15

Hmmmm where to start ?! See what you want , do the search for your closest store ( and surrounding 50 mile radius) guess what folks ..... "Out of stock" !!! Grrrr seriously frustrating accept on the 2 occasions I selected an item that was in stock I had to return them due to shoddy workmanship (corner smashed on a coffee table because it was pine and had a wood knot close to the edge) and just failing to work (novelty light for daughter) I have given a 2 star review only because when I returned the items the staff in store were friendly and helpful .
Hense i have ceased to even click the Argos link while shopping

alfieh8
2/6/15
philipk26
1/22/15

I have 3 children (12,11,8). I started looking at end September but was told by Argos staff - no problem goods would be available for Christmas!! We never learn! Start of December - will be available shortly. 3 weeks before Christmas only available in stores that you have to travel long distances too, or not available in either type of store in N Ireland. Fed up, as if i had not spent another 5 days searching (as if i had the free time) i would not have been able to make a happy Holiday. How come an American company like Heelys can supply - no problem.
Sometimes good value but if you want to keep customers why would someone like me not just take the chance on-line, especially as Amazon seems so reliable. Now the rest of the year, Argos does deliver well, so how many years and bad customer reviews does it take for you to anticipate and tell your suppliers to man up (Supermarkets can and so can you) There is nothing like watching your children search for hours and pick their 3 favorites from your cataloges (thank you) only to find - not available. So come on, it's not like you haven't been doing it for long enough. Why is your management strategy so bad or have you decided you provide just enough and go enjoy your Christmas party. Sorry this review is not better, as i think Argos does supply a good service ordinarily. However, guess what, Christmas/Holiday, does happen every year and how long will it take for you to plan properly for it?

No way, I have had my fingers burnt with Argos I do not trust them

By John H.

Questions? Get answers from the Argos staff and other customers.

Argos?