Argos

Argos has a consumer rating of 2.21 stars from 73 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Argos most frequently mention customer service, consumer rights and head office problems. Argos ranks 174th among Electronics sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 3.6%

No positive highlights yet

• No decision making, l no problem solving, no customer service, no item, no refund.
How would you rate Argos?

“Reliable and trustworthy”

Lyndsay W.
5/15/20

Always a pleasure to purchase from argos my. Order always comes with a delivery slot, clear. Communication and items always of great quality.

“Help please Argos”

Diane N.
6/28/20

Monday 8 June you delivered me a Normandy 5 draw chest. In final assembly we realised that the top had "drop" damage. No luck at all on chat lines re. Covid too busy! In the end wrote to Argos head office enclosing a receipt plus photo of corner damage. Still no reply. This not like Argos and I am now getting so fed up with this "no customer care line free to help" Everything cannot be blamed on Covid, where can I speak to someone please who will help me. All your Argos stores are still closed too.

customer service (17)
andrewf423
June 20th, 2020

Tried returning an item bought in the covid lock down and finding it impossible to get either a refund or a replacement. They expect me to organise my own! This company does not follow the law with returns and repairs.

The local store manager at Barrow-In-Furness were rude and unhelpful. Instead of phoning the manager to ask for advice they ended up calling the police on me because she doesn't understand consumer rights. I will never shop at Argos again.

dianen326
June 28th, 2020

rb540
June 8th, 2021

Just dont ever buy anything online for delivery. I spent 3 days waiting in for a fridge to come that never turned up. When it doesnt turn up you just have to wait and hope that someone calls you to arrange another date. Customer service can do nothing to arrange the delivery they are totally pointless. I would avoid at all costs

craigt233
December 17th, 2020

Just paid £199 for a camcorder to get a message saying your payment will be refunded within 7days, payments can take up to 30 days, lve gone onto live chat which said enter a order number which l have not received, when l finally got through they said it might not be in stock, if l had paid with paypal it takes 30 days to get your money back, reporting to ombudsman and argos l will never trade with you again

donaldm46
September 11th, 2020

Appalled at the level of customer service at Argos Oban store. I purchased a new vacuum yesterday which is obviously faulty. Took it back today however the staff and management were very dismissive and refused to refund or replace. I would not recommend Argos and will not be returning

johnl3872
May 9th, 2021

I have tried ordering goods via Argos on several occasions over the past 12 months. The website offers options to purchase goods but when selected you are informed they are not in stock or cannot be delivered or collected. What is the point? I shall avoid using them again and will revert to Amazon!

grahamw97
August 18th, 2020

Ordered a washing machine - all other on line companies offer next day or 3-4day deliery. Argos offered me the earliest slot of 17 days. I was going away for 7 days so decided I could live with the wait and at least I'd have all my holiday clothes to test it on. 2 days before delivery they magically changed my slot to another 18 days out and asked me to confirm this was ok. 35 days wait for a ashing machine. What a joke. I cancelled. Now waiting for my money back - they have had my money for 20 days... thanks Argos...

vimalc1
January 29th, 2020

Awful experience with Argos - terrible customer service from the telephone CS team

Reserved an item from a store 20 miles away (item wasn't available anywhere else)
Spent over 2 hours & fuel to collect item.

Back home, tested item was faulty (potentially a returned item) and should not have been resold.

Told Argos they should at least compensate me for the wasted journey, or offer to send a working replacement. They refused and said it "was a personal choice to collect item". It wasn't a personal choice to be sold a defective item!

A rude manager by the name of Rebecca refused to show any empathy and consideration for my awful experience.
Was told I could hand write a complaint to the Head Office of which I would not receive any correspondence. Very bizarre as there would be no proof that my complaint will ever be dealt with.

Argos has a poor dispute service and wont take responsibility for reselling returned & defective items. They hide behind a poor customer service policy which does not take into consideration the effort a consumer goes through to collect an item. They are also unwilling to take complaints via email and wont offer to post out a replacement.

Other online sellers are far more receptive and the distance selling regulations in the UK are far better than when physically purchasing from a store. It makes you wonder why the high street is failing us.

Argos simply hides behind a dated, inflexible and rigid Customer Service Policy which seems to make the managers think they can be rude to paying customers.

Poor form Argos!

sidneym91
November 30th, 2020

Terrible customer service and all around quality. I bought an item that was listed at the sale price, and was still charged the full amount. When I contacted customer service and they finally responded, they told me that the sale price was over despite it being still listed on their site when I bought the item. I sent them a screenshot of the listed price when I bought the item and they refused to refund me the price and instead left my only option to cancel the item. I truly will not be shopping here again, not worth it! Rude customer service

florinam1
December 8th, 2020

I'm actually on the line waiting for them to answer. 3 weeks later haven't heard about my order. Of course i called before but they kept saying that they have no info and that the "supplier" will contact me, strange thing that when you pay, you pay to argos...
Anyway, I understand now the bad reviews and those who gave 5 stars are completely lucky they've got their order.
I advise you to go always for collection (where rarely are problems), if you looking for an item to be delivered... look somewhere else... I wish I knew.

Don't bother chatting with the unprofessional staff... you'll just waste your time, oh, if you think you'll call them, think twice, I'm still on the line 40 min later and keep ringing...

Argos, pls don't reply to my review, don't even bother. Rather then reply reviews, answer the people's

anthonyl648
December 13th, 2020

I purchased a pc which developed fault within months of purchase. Contacted Argos to return and in spite of consumer rights act they insist I contact manufacturer. Have explained time and again consumer act states they are responsible. Argos insist that I phone HP. During this time I live alone, no close family/friends I was taken to hospital and after number of visits was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and was not able to use phone, on oxygen etc. I wrote to HP signed for twice and they failed to reply. In spite of above Argos are still insisting I phone HP to get PC exchanged. Its now been back n forwards for a year so I have no option but to take this arrogant law breaker to Court after Christmas, very difficult in my situation where my time is limited and perhaps this is what they are hoping for. No customer service no compassion and blatant disregard for the Law.

anitak179
July 19th, 2021

Ordered several Tu items of footwear for my three-year old through Argos click and collect at Sainsbury. I had to return a few of these back to Argos via the same store. My refund never arrived. I had to spend close to one hour on the live chat to attempt to get back the money rightfully owed to me. And even then when the refund eventually came through it was short of £12. I then had to attempt live chat again, which because of the appalling system just kept getting rejected. I persisted and one hour later I have been told I will get my owing £12 – time is to tell on that. At no point was there an apology for the inconvenience. If you don't mind wasting hours of your life trying to claim back refunds, then go ahead and shop with this store. I certainly won't shop with them again

johnl3300
November 11th, 2020

What ever I want to buy shows up on there site but as soon as it's in the basket it shows out of stock for delivery, this web site is a total waste of time.

evelynn4
June 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

We ordered a Bosch dishwasher online which Argos failed to deliver - not just once but twice. The first time the driver called to say he was on his way and asked which floor our flat was on. I told him the 4th floor, then oddly enough 5 minutes later he called back to say he couldn't find a parking space and we would have to reschedule. I looked out the window and advised I could actually see parking spaces round the corner but he said it was too late and he had already left the area! I had to then phone Argos (no-one called me) to reschedule. I got another date for 6 days later but no-one turned up again - this time we didn't even get a phone call from the driver. On both occasions we had were given a 12 hour delivery window - 7am - 7pm and had to wait in for 12 hours each time. After the second failure I had to call Argos to find out what was happening - no explanation was given for the second failure to deliver so I cancelled and asked for a refund which I finally received 10 days later. At no point in any of this did anyone from Argos either phone or email me to apologise. In the end I did what I should have done in the first place - I went to a local supplier who gave me a 6 hour delivery window and delivered several days later. The people I dealt with were friendly and helpful - the exact opposite of my dealings with Argos. This was my first and last purchase with Argos. In future I'll stick to local suppliers who understand what good customer service actually means.

Tip for consumers:
Still to local suppliers who care more about customer service

Products used:
bought a similar dishwasher with a local company

tomn327
November 6th, 2020

Arose currently advertising that they sell SIM Free Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G 512GB Mobile Phone–Black 202/1960 for £549 I tried every location locally but nowhere had it. I contacted customer service advice I was prepared to travel to any location to purchase and collect. Their response was we can't check stop. I emailed their head office same response. I attempted to check each region to determine where the phone could be collected without success. 2 months later the phone is still advertised and still no where stocks it. Argos need to get their act together.

dk340
June 28th, 2020

Back in March I placed an order for a printer and it arrived on the day it was due. From the start the printer has been nothing but trouble with terrible quality streaky, patchy and washed out prints. Then after a handful of unusable prints it says "Low on ink" so i just presumed it must be faulty as my Sister has the exact same printer and says how brilliant it is.

I have VERY bad anxiety so i never use the phone and always prefer to email. There is NO contact email address on the Argos website which seems ludicrous to me in this day and age. But with some searching i managed to find an email address so i contact them there.
I get a reply saying before they can look into my order they need me to confirm my full address to which i reply straight away. Then exactly 30 days later they finally reply and tell me to get in touch with the manufacturer of the printer. I find it convenient that they reply exactly 30 days later so that i fall outside of their 30 day return window.
As i say i have VERY bad anxiety and never use the phone so to have to contact another company is just too much for me. I haven't even left my house for 20 years so that gives you an idea of how serious my "Issues" are.

So i am now stuck with a printer that does not function properly. The printer was packed up into the original packaging and put in our spare room shortly after it arrived as it is not fit for purpose.

I have since emailed Argos countless times and have not had one reply. And looking at all their other reviews it seems i am not the only person to have been ripped off by them. It's bad enough for people who don't have any issues to lose their money but for people with Mental Health issues like myself it makes things So much harder! It seems Argos do not care about that as long as they have your money they do not give a damn about what happens to your item.

How can a HUGE company like Argos be allowed to send customers faulty products and then simply do nothing about it when the customer informs them?

I know that it is a very difficult time that we are all living in right now but i placed my order back in March. If Argos could arrange a collection i do not mind at all. All i want it my money back.

And obviously i will NEVER be shopping with Argos ever again. They could take a tip from Amazon as their returns process is simple and hassle free.

stephenp907
July 20th, 2021

AVOID ARGOS if there is any likelihood of you needing to return an item if FAULTY. The Lancaster store insists they only offer credit notes to be used in Argos for faulty returns. This I refuse as I will never shop in Argos again.

Argos is operating outside the law as it is contrary to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which states "Goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described"
My purchase was inherently faulty and confirmed by Flymo and their Service centre.
I have had only Flymo all my life [80 next year] and the 2021 model 360 has design faults, it is unbelievably noisy and has almost no suction to but the cut grass in its box. I tried two.
On the phone, Argos says You can return for a refund to the method you made the purchase, but in-store they deny it and offer a credit note.
Two weeks ago I returned the item, have made at least 13 phone calls and written by Royal Mail Signed For service. NO RESPONSE.
Argos call centre offers to return calls when speaking to them but never does. You will wait in for nothing.
NO REFUND. So ignore the Refund question below
NO FLYMO
Order number *******771
Now I have referred it to solicitors. I don't need this at 80 next year

It's a nightmare dealing with Argos.
I wish I'd looked at the Trustpilot reviews and see they have 85% as BAD, only one Not even worth one!
GO elsewhere and forget the convenience of being in Sainsbury's

No tips

2021 Flymo 360

paulinej12
May 21st, 2016

I ordered a t shirt online and paid for it then went to collect it. I was only in the sunderland high street store five minutes at the most the service was friendly, professional and very speedy well done

Tip for consumers:
if you pay online they have the goods ready for you at the counter

davidr3078
January 13th, 2021

I bought a TV which turned out to be defective, but Argos refused to let me return to the store where I bought it - a proper Argos, not just a collection point - expected me to return it to a store 4 miles away.
I, done with this useless company!

sebastiano5
May 26th, 2021

I've been trying to get a refund for the last 3 weeks. Guild has given me the reference number but Argos would not accept it. I've been in contact with about 8 different people in argos... and it still not over! They keep giving me contradictory information.

alanh349
April 20th, 2020

It seems that Argos have stopped collections for return items. They expect us to store items indefinitely until the end of the Covo crisis. It was only when I went onto the Argos site that I only then found out about the storage issue; they don't tell you about this when you order. We ordered a Spear & Jackson S2434CR lawn mower which had a defect in manufacture but this is a bulky item to store. They seem to be determined to stop anyone contacting them about this. Telephoning is impossible and they send an automatic reply to emails saying that they don't look at them! If you are thinking of ordering a large item, as we did, think do you have room to store it.

clairet74
March 22nd, 2020

If you take your item out of the packet to look at they term it as used and won't refund it. This has now happened to me twice.
The staff are very aggressive.
A poor lady tried to exchange her phone because she couldn't hear it, she was told it was used and they wouldn't even exchange.
Won't use them again.

munroa2
December 21st, 2019

If you have last minute presents to buy, avoid Argos at all costs. I ordered four presents in Novemeber, and despite several promises, including specific delivery dates, when my parents waited in for nothing.
My nephews now have nothing to open on Christmas morning, and I am sat in another country, in floods of tears, because i believed Argos' lies, and did not arrange to have something else delivered.
I will be taking legal action, and will be leaving regular reviews on social media and internet sites, to highlight the issue.
Argos, you have completely ruined Christmas for my family.

johnj2257
June 11th, 2021

Incompetence from the very first communication. Lots of monkeys, no organ grinders (at least, the monkeys won't allow you to speak to an organ grinder). No decision making, l no problem solving, no customer service, no item, no refund.

Better still, each monkey spoken to threw different faeces. Time frames all different, lies, deceit. It's laughable, really.

Buy best of all - an item I know to have been recieved at Argos not only didn't automatically prompt a refund, 10 days later they decided to confirm with the courier that the item was returned to them. It is in their warehouse. They have seen it. They have touched it. They have ignored it for a week. But, process is process. Can't expect common sense, or competence, or an understanding of what Argos bearing the risk of items becoming lost or damaged in transit really means - and it isn't "we keep your money until the courier tells us what to do" as they think.

Check Amazon first

Products used:
None. Delivery failures meant we had to go to Amazon to get the same thing delivered on a Sunday for the same price.

panark
March 15th, 2016

In the beginning of December I ordered some gifts. Later during the month, I recieved e-mail that there was a try the purchased items to be delivered and there was noone at home. Which is lie- all day there was a person, the doorbell (working) did not ring all day, there was no notification for delivery on e-mail, there was no notification put on the door for try for delivery. After another day and hour range for delivery was set, nothing happened. A second call was made. From Argos they informed me that the item i out of stock from November. How they accept payment for item which is out of stock? How they try to deliver something that do not exist in their warehouse?
Later I got my money for the item back. But I did not get my money for the delivery back. A delivery that was not made, that does not exist as there is not good to be delivered.
A third call had to be made for getting my money for delivery back. It took me a month to play on "give-my-money-back" game.

No, because they may not honour guarantees and it would appear their after sales support is zero

By Anthony L.