Review of ARepair.ca

Tel: 604 210-2202
info@arepair.ca

hughf42
8/24/18

A-Repair Maple Leaf Appliance Repair is not a company that I'd ever call again. A $285 flat rate to fix anything is outrageous. My dentist doesn't charge that much. They promise same-day service, which doesn't happen and then they wait until they are in your house to drop the $285, plus tax, plus parts bomb on you. I paid the $100 for showing up and then said "adios." These guys run under two differently named web sites, so if they don't get you with one, they've got a good chance at getting you with the other one. Their review on their own site are loaded with "anonymous" five-star notes. Every other site shows more in the one-star category.

kellyk181
7/24/18

Don't waste your time. Googled appliance repair and came to their site which advertised same day repair of all appliance brands. Called and spoke to them advising we needed this done quickly for a tenant. Receptionist said they could do that evening or the next morning and she'd call me back after speaking to the tech. No call. I called back in the afternoon and no answer. Left a voicemail and it's now 24 hours later and still no return call. So we wasted a day of our tenant's fridge being out of service due to calling on this company. I would avoid at all costs as very unprofessional company.

lm184
6/23/18

This is not a reputable company. They overcharge and are dishonest.
Coned a tenant to spend hundreds of dollars on an old stove worth nothing. Insisted he pay half before work was done even though he knew tenant did not have authority to commit to work but promised he could get a refund if not approved by landlord. Took half the money and was to return shortly as he had to pick up part at shop. Called later to say no part in stock so would have to order and wait. When we tried to cancel , they would not give back money paid in advance and said no cancellation and no refund.
Tried to claim that if they didnt have to order part they would not have required funds upfront. This was a lie as deposit was required before they knew they would have to order part. Owner was rude and as far as customer service or satisfaction, could care less about customer . Even though I was willing to pay service call, they refused to refund the money they took from the tenant. This was dishonest and unethical. stay away!

johnnyk17
8/1/17

Guy from this company cancelled the service appt last minute, and said they do not have anybody that can fix a fridge.

Simply asked us to call someone to fix the problem, and then hang up!

adeles5
7/5/17

We had an issue with the dishwasher and already asked a plumber to fix it but he couldn't. However, A repair technician fixed it properly with proper equipment easily. He also offered to check our microwave which was not working for a while, and he found the issue and helped us to find a same one with a very good price. The gentlemen was really helpful and knowledgeable person. We strongly recommend this company.

phillipk17
12/7/16

My refrigerator stopped working and contacted a company called "Maple Leaf appliance Repair " on September 30th. The repair company is based out of Coquitlam BC.

I described the situation, where, the company stated they would call the next day to confirm their attendance. The following evening , a repairman showed up at my home , unannounced in association with Maple leaf repair, but described himself as an A-repair technician. By then, I had already had another company assess the mechanical malfunction of my fridge.

As I attempted to cancel the unconfirmed appointment, the repair technician insisted I make payment to him for $105.00 , as he had to attend the house call. He was very indignant that I pay this money to him, stating "I was legally obligated because I had not cancelled".

Uncertain about what my obligations for payment to the technician were in this situation, I instead attempted to diffuse the matter by obtaining a second opinion about the mechanical failure of my refrigerator. My decision to do this would prove to be a waste of money.

Unlike the previous technician that morning, the technician for "A-repair" was clearly not equipped to diagnose the compressor and or a refrigerant problem. He had no tools, or even measuring devices to rate the pressure of my refrigerant level.

After I described the symptoms of my refrigerator failure, the technician recommended I purchase a new fridge.

I paid $105.00 for this experience, and feel like a fool ; I believe this business practice to be extremely corrupt.

Questions? Get answers from the ARepair.ca staff and other customers.

ARepair.ca?